[Plugin] NUT v2 - Network UPS Tools

dmacias

5 hours ago, thecode said:

Hi,
The update to separate apparent power and real in 2023.07.23a is great, however if the UPS capacity is manually adjusted under display settings the footer shows incorrect real power (the value on the dashboard and on the settings page is correct)

Example with a UPS that uses the default values:

image.png.b4698496ee9dde601e8b0ad5af202928.png

Setting the capacity to "auto" the values are identical:

image.png.4dd5ef982fea8984c6d319f6a33d6659.png

I hope this can be looked at,

Thanks

Indeed.

Value sent by your UPS used even if you manually set Nominal Real Power with different value from your UPS (and greater than 0).

Fixed on my side, PR sent to @SimonF

I've also added another PR removing the low battery event fail-safe setting (NUT does this by default so it's obsolete as a separate setting). Plus a rare scenario with that setting in combination with some UPS devices could theoretically lead to a shutdown-reboot-shutdown loop, so best switch that low battery event fail-safe setting to "No" until it's removed from the plugin with the next update. 🙂

Edited by Rysz
40 minutes ago, Rysz said:

I've also added another PR removing the low battery event fail-safe setting (NUT does this by default so it's obsolete as a separate setting). Plus a rare scenario with that setting in combination with some UPS devices could theoretically lead to a shutdown-reboot-shutdown loop, so best switch that low battery event fail-safe setting to "No" until it's removed from the plugin with the next update. 🙂

Merged and in latest package.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, thecode said:

Hi,
The update to separate apparent power and real in 2023.07.23a is great, however if the UPS capacity is manually adjusted under display settings the footer shows incorrect real power (the value on the dashboard and on the settings page is correct)

Example with a UPS that uses the default values:

image.png.b4698496ee9dde601e8b0ad5af202928.png

Setting the capacity to "auto" the values are identical:

image.png.4dd5ef982fea8984c6d319f6a33d6659.png

I hope this can be looked at,

Thanks

does 2023.07.24 fix your issue?

7 hours ago, Peuuuur Noel said:

Indeed.

Value sent by your UPS used even if you manually set Nominal Real Power with different value from your UPS (and greater than 0).

Fixed on my side, PR sent to @SimonF

Latest change upsets Dashboard, Will look in a few days if you cannot check.

image.png

So, I am pretty sure that I am overlooking something. simple I have the NUT Plugin and configured. Its is communication with the UPS fine. NUT does have a Web GUI, correct? If so, how do I access it? Since it is running on my UnRAID server, Iknow the IP address, but what port is it listening on?

v/r

Jon

18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No.

I think there is something like nut-cgi out there but this is not part of the plugin. Why would you want a WebUI when you already have one in the plugin?

18 minutes ago, ich777 said:
19 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No.

I think there is something like nut-cgi out there but this is not part of the plugin. Why would you want a WebUI when you already have one in the plugin?

I was reading through the docs and watching a couple of You Tubes on NUT. It appeared that the WebGUI provided more information than what is available in the plugin. Not really a big deal as it does everything Ineed it to. Guess I was more curious than anything.

Jon

52 minutes ago, AgentXXL said:

FYI: I've updated to 24a but am still seeing the Dashboard issue in @SimonF's post above. Even in a private window/another browser. Not urgent but let me know if you need any logs/info from my setup to help troubleshoot. Thanks!

Which version of Unraid are you running and what browsers are you using?

Also can you post a screenshot to see how it looks?

Thx

4 hours ago, Peuuuur Noel said:

Which version of Unraid are you running and what browsers are you using?

Also can you post a screenshot to see how it looks?

Thx

I'm having the same issue even with 24a. Windows 11, both Firefox latest and MS Edge, Unraid 6.12.3.

Screenshot 2023-07-24 232823.png

• Like 1

Hey Everyone,

Can I ask a design questions, Have an APC SMX3000RMLV2UNC that has a Network Management Card 2. I dont have any other communication cables attached because I can use the PowerChute clients on my win boxes. Question is: Any way I can connect my UNRAID box (6.12.2) to communicate to the UPS via the network and then act as a NUT server? Or what would be the best configuration setup? I can use the USB if that is the only way but was hoping it wasnt.

thanks

40 minutes ago, CamCorp said:

Hey Everyone,

Can I ask a design questions, Have an APC SMX3000RMLV2UNC that has a Network Management Card 2. I dont have any other communication cables attached because I can use the PowerChute clients on my win boxes. Question is: Any way I can connect my UNRAID box (6.12.2) to communicate to the UPS via the network and then act as a NUT server? Or what would be the best configuration setup? I can use the USB if that is the only way but was hoping it wasnt.

thanks

If your UPS' network card supports SNMP you can connect NUT to the UPS via ethernet utilizing SNMP.

1 hour ago, carthis said:

I'm having the same issue even with 24a. Windows 11, both Firefox latest and MS Edge, Unraid 6.12.3.

Screenshot 2023-07-24 232823.png

I can't reproduce this, could you screenshot the UPS' reported variables under "NUT Settings" => "NUT Details" so we can test this with the variables your UPS is returning to NUT? I mean the table where there's all the UPS information.

Did you try clearing your cache or pressing CTRL+F5 on the front page so a full refresh of the page is done?

Edited by Rysz
2 hours ago, Peuuuur Noel said:

@AgentXXL @carthis @Meniak

Strange behavior, please can you check if these changes (L153-155 and L179-180) have been applied in this file?

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/nut/nutFooter.page

It continues to split string on semicolon ";" even if it's no longer in code.

Sorry, my code review skills are a little weak, but both 153 - 155 and 179 - 180 still show the sections in red from that link, vs the updated code shown in green. Note that the NUT settings page and the footer itself are still showing the correct info, just the Dashboard component that's messed up. I'm using NUT on both of my unRAID servers with one physically connected to the UPS via USB cable and configured as the netserver, and the other as a slave.

EDIT: I'm currently finishing a parity rebuild on the server that's connected to the UPS via USB, but will try rebooting it once the parity rebuild completes (about 4 hrs remaining). I have just rebooted the slave system and the Dashboard error seems to be resolved. I suspect the changes weren't applied to the running plugin, but a reboot seems to have fixed that.

nutcode153-155.thumb.jpg.f216d1efd110caf94317c76e8d76c30a.jpg

nutcode179-180.thumb.jpg.2fe38399239c32b01262d5030b197100.jpg

Edited by AgentXXL
Added info about reboot fixing it on my NUT slave.

It seems quite likely to me now that for the users experiencing those problems the relevant PHP files didn't get reloaded when upgrading the plugin (could be locked files due to still running services during patching) and that a reboot would fix those display issues on the front page and the dashboard eventually - I've submitted a pull request to reduce the chance of this happening again with future upgrades of the plugin.

Edited by Rysz
  • Rysz featured this topic