[Deprecated] Linuxserver.io - airsonic

linuxserver_medium.png?v=4&s=4000

As off October 15, 2021 this image has been deprecated, read the notice here https://info.linuxserver.io/issues/2021-09-07-airsonic/

Application Name: airsonic
Application Site: https://airsonic.github.io/
Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/airsonic/
Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-airsonic

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support

Edited by linuxserver.io
1 hour ago, Brettv said:

Should this be fixed by now? (or do i need to do something separate to refresh?)

It was supposed to be fixed, but someone made a mess of the template 9_9 Not sure when the templates get refreshed in CA.

It's fixed.

Edited by saarg
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to blank out the CONTEXT_PATH? I'd much prefer the root url and not have everything prepended with /airsonic/. I've even tried editing the xml file in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/ while the docker was off and it still comes right back to airsonic.

Jukebox (playing the sound locally on the machine where airsonic is running) doesn't work for me.

If I configure the jukebox player and start a song I get this error in the log:

Error in jukebox: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No line matching interface SourceDataLine supporting format PCM_SIGNED 44100.0 Hz, 16bit, stereo, 4 bytes/frame, big-endian is supported

33 minutes ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

Jukebox (playing the sound locally on the machine where airsonic is running) doesn't work for me.

If I configure the jukebox player and start a song I get this error in the log:

Error in jukebox: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No line matching interface SourceDataLine supporting format PCM_SIGNED 44100.0 Hz, 16bit, stereo, 4 bytes/frame, big-endian is supported

It's not going to work as unraid doesn't have drivers for you audio. 

It's not going to work as unraid doesn't have drivers for you audio. 
I'm not supporting it and I'm not going to look into it, but you could try a DVB build as some audio stuff is included. If it works it works, if not, then too bad, and I can't guarantee if it works now it will continue to do so in the future.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! This docker is AWESOME! Thanks for it!

On 28/1/2018 at 6:06 AM, squirrellydw said:

does this support apples Airplay?

Yes! I'm a Mac user and the docker itself doesn't need Airplay support directly, as you don't connect directly to it through the docker, you connect using an iOS app and it's that app which should have (and most of them have) Airplay support in the same way as the Apple's Music app has it (an icon where you tap and then choose the device to stream to).

UPDATE: It works like a charm! This docker is what I was looking for to replace iTunes as my music library! The only two issues I was having were caused by me:

- duplicated songs: it was because of the app I was using. I replaced it with an app called "play:Sub" and it's incredible! It even includes EQ, can cache songs or albums or playlist to have them available offline, give stars to artists, albums or songs and sync them with the server, create and edit playlists in sync, and many other features. Even create different users with access to different folders and ratings!

- Missing music: Disable "Enhanced OS X interoperability" before copying any music to the folder you want to use, as it will ruin the permissions and won't allow the docker to access them.

I've copied all my iTunes library now to the Airsonic folder and I'm testing it right now. I'm facing a couple of issues now like some music not showing (only the artist, not the songs) and duplicated song on the iOS app I'm testing (Substreamer). Other than that, I'm amazed by this docker! It's what I've been looking for! It's like my own private Spotify! It even has artist's radio mixing related artists together!

Edited by almarma
found solutions for the issues I had
2 hours ago, squirrellydw said:

So when this is setup how quick does it load from the Mac?

It's incredibly fast! I'm amazed by how fast it loads all the thumbnails from the web interface. I've not tried yet with a MacOS app, but an iPhone app is also really really fast. So fast I feel it's locally stored, not in remote.

2 hours ago, squirrellydw said:

Also so I can only use Airplay from an app and not through the docker?

You cannot Airplay directly from the web interface. You can do it from the iOS app you use, and it should be also possible with a MacOS app (but I've not tested it yet). Even if it's not possible, you should be able to do it from the system speaker icon as from there you can send all your system sounds to an Airplay device.

I'm figuring out now how to access it from the Internet to have my whole library available on the go. Once I have it, I think I'm done with iTunes ;)

4 hours ago, almarma said:

Changelog for new updates?

I'm not going to speak for lsio, but what I assume is that because all of their containers have updates available for them rain or shine on Fridays, it is a real aggravation for them to keep track of a change log for everything.  You'd be best off hitting the app's Project Page and viewing the changelog / commits there.

5 hours ago, almarma said:

Changelog for new updates?

Hi guys! I've noticed in the last days some updates are available for this docker, but it's impossible for me to find any changelog information. Any clues? :)

Anyway, thank you for your work! This docker is being a wonderful surprise for me :)

Yep, as @Squid says, there's no way we can produce changelogs for every little change. 

Essentially if there's a docker update, it falls into one of two categories. 

Either

1.  A change to the application itself, in this case, airsonic.  Generally we tend to do these as part of our weekly Friday update

2.  A change to the upstream container (think of this as the "operating system" which is what this mid week update was, this may include a package getting updated, or a security fix, as the upstream containers are the base image for many different end user containers, we may trigger an update to an upstream image, and that cascades down, to containers that weren't affected by the issue we were trying to fix.  EG, we need to fix an issue in Ubooquity, so update a package in the upstream container which then triggers an update in ubooquity and all the other containers such as airsonic that share the same base image.

Major updates are detailed in a changelog on the github readme, which is linked from the first page.

On 13/2/2018 at 4:38 PM, CHBMB said:

Yep, as @Squid says, there's no way we can produce changelogs for every little change. 

Thank you guys! No problem, I totally understand it and I'm very grateful for all the effort you people do to keep dockers and plugins up and running! I was not complaining at all, I was just friendly asking if there was one, where was it ;).

By the way, I'm in love with this Airsonic one :)

• linuxserver.io changed the title to [Deprecated] Linuxserver.io - airsonic