[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

!!!it works now with 8088!!! but i did try that earlier by changing the manually in the web browser from 8080-to-8088 and it didn't work.

I think I know what was the problem:

• when I tried originally it did not work even when I manually changed the port 8080-to8088 in the browser after trying the WEBUI. I believe the reason for that was that i was trying the container without the VPN config file being placed into the ovpn folder.
  • Now, it works with the default port 8080 which I just changed in the config.
  • Now, it works with only one network in the LAN_NETWORK 192.168.0.0/24

Verdict - it needs to have a valid ovpn config in order to run. It seems there is no need to change the default port.

@binhex, @wgstarks, Thanks for all your patience and help.

qbvpn-8.JPG

qbvpn-9.JPG

On 3/15/2022 at 5:40 PM, wgstarks said:

I'm not sure you want your downloads saved to /mnt/user/appdata/. It's up to you but that location would be on the cache drive by default. Usually I think most people probably use a share on the array. I use /mnt/user/Media/ for mine.

That's not why you can't connect to the UI though.

Attach supervisord log to your next post. You'll need to redact user/passwords from the log first.

Hi wgstarks, i have one more question to ask for the downloaded data. I have modified the path for /mnt/user/appdata/ to a new path on the dedicated share, but the download content still lands in the /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/downloads. 

Do I have to do anything with the download management in the qbittorrent?

Thanks,

qb_2.JPG

qb_1.JPG

I see. I thought /config/qBittorrent/downloads is the place wher the QB is saving the torrent files and not the actual downloaded content. Forgive my ignorance, my downloading days were long in the past 10 years ago and i now almost start from scratch. Also, i am new to dockers and thought if I specified the path in the container template it would overwrite the rest.

So to be clear the current /config/qBittorrent/downloads path must be changed to /mnt/user/MULTIMEDIA/downloads?

3 minutes ago, BKG said:

I see. I thought /config/qBittorrent/downloads is the place wher the QB is saving the torrent files and not the actual downloaded content. Forgive my ignorance, my downloading days were long in the past 10 years ago and i now almost start from scratch. Also, i am new to dockers and thought if I specified the path in the container template it would overwrite the rest.

So to be clear the current /config/qBittorrent/downloads path must be changed to /mnt/user/MULTIMEDIA/downloads?

No, /mnt/user/MULTIMEDIA doesn't exist in the container, only the host. /data is the container side mapping.

• Thanks 1

Just a quick question, I´ve just switched from azirevpn to mullvad, what do I set as username/password within the docker? 
Nothing? 
I´ve tried using my # identifier for just username, and just password, and both, but nothing works. 

And yes, I´ve switched wg0 to the wg server I wanna connect to! 

And thank you @binhex for all your work! You are a fucking legend!!

Edited by BeardElk
On 3/25/2022 at 1:15 AM, BeardElk said:

Just a quick question, I´ve just switched from azirevpn to mullvad, what do I set as username/password within the docker? 
Nothing? 
I´ve tried using my # identifier for just username, and just password, and both, but nothing works. 

And yes, I´ve switched wg0 to the wg server I wanna connect to! 

And thank you @binhex for all your work! You are a fucking legend!!

Never mind! I got it! 

If anyone in the future run into the same problem as I did, stop the docker, add your 16 digit mullvad login to both your docker vpnusername and vpnpassword, then add whatever wireguard server you want to connect to in "\\yourserver\appdata\binhex-qbittorrentvpn\wireguard" and everything should work! 
At least it did for me! 

7 minutes ago, takkkkkkk said:

Anyone seen an issue where the temp location would not change from:

/config/qBittorrent/downloads/temp

for some reason my container started giving me this issue, and no matter what I do now (including reinstalling container) would not change it.

There was a bug in 4.4.0 that caused a similar issue. I haven’t seen it since the 4.4.1 update though. And not with the current version. Have you tried reverting to a previous version? Maybe 4.3.9-2-01.

6 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

There was a bug in 4.4.0 that caused a similar issue. I haven’t seen it since the 4.4.1 update though. And not with the current version. Have you tried reverting to a previous version? Maybe 4.3.9-2-01.

Actually, I just noticed a new update for 4.4.2 and am seeing the same issue after updating. You could probably just revert to whatever the last tag was for 4.4.1.

Just got hit by this during weekly docker autoupdate. Filled my cache drive by moving all the incomplete downloads to default config/downloads folder. This crashed all the dockers.

Simply reverting to 4.4.1 was not enough. The 4.4.2 version partly reset and partly modified the qBittorrent config file so it was not anymore compatible with 4.4.1. I had to save the config within 4.4.1 and then go through all the settings to see which ones had been modified. Luckily I had screenshots of the original config. Now I also have a copy of the config file too...

In my case the qBittorrent was in the middle of moving the incomplete torrents to config folder. I had enough space so I allowed it to finish before changing the incomplete (and save) folders back to my download drive.

4.4.2 is in my mind completely broken for anyone not using the default save paths. Also the configuration resets/modifications were weird and should be checked if using 4.4.2.

Link to qBittorrent issue: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/16749

On 3/27/2022 at 10:37 AM, wgstarks said:

Actually, I just noticed a new update for 4.4.2 and am seeing the same issue after updating. You could probably just revert to whatever the last tag was for 4.4.1.

thanks!! been going crazy went through multiple docker resets, deleting container, deleting template, cleaning appdata, etc. now I know next time I should check to see if it's been updated. 

Hello,

I don't know what happened, but suddenly my admin webui password become wrong. 

Is it any way to reset it? Or i need to rebuild container from scratch?

Ok, don't know why my IP was banned for torrent, was able to login from phone, but vue there stopped working. On top of that i can't change incompleted torrents downloads location, keep saving in appdata...Ignores my settings. Any way to force change this location, not in web ui?

Edited by J05u
2 hours ago, J05u said:

Hello,

I don't know what happened, but suddenly my admin webui password become wrong. 

Is it any way to reset it? Or i need to rebuild container from scratch?

Ok, don't know why my IP was banned for torrent, was able to login from phone, but vue there stopped working. On top of that i can't change incompleted torrents downloads location, keep saving in appdata...Ignores my settings. Any way to force change this location, not in web ui?

You can manually edit qbittorrent.conf in the appdata folder.

Hi,

I have installed qbittorrentvpn and to be able to load the URL of RSS files, I have also installed nginx, but when I create an rss channel and give it the path (http://IP:nginx_port/file_rss) of the file it does not load it. Do you know what I'm doing wrong or what I'm not doing? Thanks.