[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 hour ago, sp00nix said:

The path looked like it didn't go deep enough so I pointed it right to the folder. Still no luck.

But the path in your screenshot from above and says something like "virtual_machines" are you sure that the path is correct?

Also this was a really bad idea what you've did there, you should only changthe path to something like /mnt/virtual_machines/appdata/quake3

What you've done here is basically you've said the container that it should all files that belong in the folder quake3 now in a subfolder and you now even have a deeper path.

22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

But the path in your screenshot from above and says something like "virtual_machines" are you sure that the path is correct?

That is just the name assigned to the SSD I use for VMs and Dockers.

I'll uninstall and reinstall and try again in case I boogered it up.

Alright, got that sorted out. The default install path was in /tmp and I think that was throwing myself and the system off.

Anywho looks like i have the files in the right spot, more files have populated around it, but now the console and the logs only show up for a split second, and I'm not sure it is even running.

image.png.e24d20d5b5a7e32d7c7235be60a30147.png

EDIT:

I can see the logs after stopping the docker, here is what it has:

text  error  warn  system  array  login  

0 files in pk3 files
Sys_Error: Couldn't load default.cfg
Q3 1.32c linux-i386 May  8 2006
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/quake3/.q3a/osp
/quake3/osp
/quake3/q3ded/osp
/quake3/.q3a/baseq3
/quake3/baseq3
/quake3/q3ded/baseq3

----------------------
0 files in pk3 files

Running in restricted demo mode.

----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/quake3/.q3a/demota
/quake3/demota
/quake3/q3ded/demota

----------------------
0 files in pk3 files
Q3 1.32c linux-i386 May  8 2006
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/quake3/.q3a/osp
/quake3/osp
/quake3/q3ded/osp
/quake3/.q3a/baseq3
/quake3/baseq3
/quake3/q3ded/baseq3

----------------------
0 files in pk3 files

Running in restricted demo mode.

----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/quake3/.q3a/demota
/quake3/demota
/quake3/q3ded/demota

----------------------
0 files in pk3 files
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Checking if Quake3 is installed---
---Quake 3 found, continuing...---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Checking if .pk3 files are present---
---pak0.pk3 found, continuing---
---Prepare Server---
---Checking if 'server.cfg' is present---
---'server.cfg' found, continuing---
---Checking if 'maprotation.cfg' is present---
---'maprotation.cfg' found, continuing---
---Server ready---
---Starting server---
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Checking if Quake3 is installed---
---Quake 3 found, continuing...---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Checking if .pk3 files are present---
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting server---

Edited by sp00nix
15 hours ago, sp00nix said:

I can see the logs after stopping the docker, here is what it has:

Something is wrong with you .pak file, there are you get these messages over and over:

15 hours ago, sp00nix said:

0 files in pk3 files

which basically means that something is wrong.

To what is your appdata share set in terms of Use Cache or what primary storage is set?

I can not reproduce this, I've attached my log since I've now tried it, you can also see that bots are already playing on the server... :D

q3.log

Yeah, I'm not sure. I have tried 3 PK3 files now. I found some on a github.

At the end of my log I noticed this:

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting server---

So it eventually found it? The thing is if i have any PK3s in there it seems to not do anything, the webgui shows that the docker is using 0% CPU and 0bytes of RAM, if i remove the PK3 files it at least runs to some degree. Is there a specific version of the PK3 files i would need, or is it pretty universal?

image.thumb.png.2390392218009a372df77574521ac9e0.png

Appdata is on an SSD in a pool for the sole purpose of running VMs and dockers, no alternative storage is set.

image.thumb.png.f9e7d21c5540795267239ff25ddb828d.png

These are the PK3 files i found on that github, decided to dump them all in there. Same result.

image.thumb.png.11a4974abff6ed33f2655930b948155a.png

I don't know what info you might find useful. I'm still pretty green to unRAID and my understanding of the Linux file structure is pretty weak.

image.png.425dd95ec44f943db95586854a1aa7bd.png

2 hours ago, sp00nix said:

Yeah, I'm not sure. I have tried 3 PK3 files now. I found some on a github.

Maybe these are  not the correct ones or not working properly...?

So it eventually found it? The thing is if i have any PK3s in there it seems to not do anything, the webgui shows that the docker is using 0% CPU and 0bytes of RAM, if i remove the PK3 files it at least runs to some degree. Is there a specific version of the PK3 files i would need, or is it pretty universal?

No, usually you would need them from a retail disk or somewhere else, I think even the demo ones will work <- don't know if you still can find the Demo somewhere.

Appdata is on an SSD in a pool for the sole purpose of running VMs and dockers, no alternative storage is set.

Please look into your share settings there you should see which storage mode is selected, but my suspicion is that the pak files you have are broken or better speaking are not working.

32 minutes ago, Aractor said:

Ideally I'd like to reuse the same install of SteamCMD for both containers if possible.

Thats already the case with my templates.

32 minutes ago, Aractor said:

The games run on different ports, but the Steam port (27015) overlaps between containers.

Please read the description for example for CS:GO.

You have to delete the existing port forwarding and create a new port forwardig in the template with the container and host port set to the new one (eg 27016) with the appropriate protocol and then finally you have to use the port variable in the template (if there is one) or the configuration from the server to set it to the above port forwarding that you‘ve specified.

Please note that if set the container and host ports not to the same it wont work for most game servers, especially for Source or Gold Source games.

Hope that makes sense.

19 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Thats already the case with my templates.

Please read the description for example for CS:GO.

You have to delete the existing port forwarding and create a new port forwardig in the template with the container and host port set to the new one (eg 27016) with the appropriate protocol and then finally you have to use the port variable in the template (if there is one) or the configuration from the server to set it to the above port forwarding that you‘ve specified.

Please note that if set the container and host ports not to the same it wont work for most game servers, especially for Source or Gold Source games.

Hope that makes sense.

Ok, thank you, I think I'm following.

So basically, the containers can share SteamCMD files but each container needs it's own Steam port set. The Steam port needs to be unique for each server, and cannot be shared. Is that right?

2 minutes ago, Aractor said:

The Steam port needs to be unique for each server, and cannot be shared. Is that right?

Yes.

If you have any further question feel free to ask.

Its not a Source game but please look at the top in the first recommended post for setting up multiple Valheim servers, it‘s basically the same.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Neldonado said:

How exactly do I add mods and have them load during the startup of the server?

Can you give me a guide on how to install mods so that I can look into it, but basically it is not different than doing it on a bare metal Linux server, you just have to put the files in the right directory in your appdata folder.

Now that I think of it, I might have answered this question at some point in the past here.

45 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you give me a guide on how to install mods so that I can look into it, but basically it is not different than doing it on a bare metal Linux server, you just have to put the files in the right directory in your appdata folder.

Now that I think of it, I might have answered this question at some point in the past here.

How-To Add Mods To A DayZ SA Server – The Dead Return (wordpress.com)

here is one example, I think I am just confused on where to store them, and then how to activate. 

42 minutes ago, Neldonado said:

here is one example

But that's for Windows from what I read...

42 minutes ago, Neldonado said:

I think I am just confused on where to store them

Anyways, from what I see, download the mods locally on your PC, go to the download location, grab the folder named <publishedid>, place them into .../appdata/dayz/<publishedid>, then go into the folder .../appdata/dayz/<publishedid> open up meta.cpp file and locate the modname, go back to .../appdata/dayz, rename the folder <publishedid> to: @<modnamefrom_meta.cpp> and then finally add this to your GAME_PARAMS:

grafik.thumb.png.191e5d240ee4cef531506125adaff742.png

if you have more mods installed it should look like that:
grafik.png.3dee2186a044b2c990bb2cd9f85debdf.png

Please note that things in < and > are just placeholders and everything including < and > alongside with < and > needs to be replaced with the publishid and/or modname.

I'm also not too sure if mods for Windows will work on the Linux server which my container is using.

Hope that helps (that is basically what this article tells you).

18 minutes ago, Mr.pink said:

Hello! saw there was an UT-99 docker but no UT-2004. Is it possible to get one for that?

Sorry but currently I don‘t accept any requests.

I also don‘t own UT2004 at least I think, not sure if I have it somewhere on CD/DVD but I don‘t think so.

Ive just noticed following syslog. First time ive seen that

Aug 14 20:10:42 Magnon-Box kernel: IPC:CSteamEngin[23103]: segfault at 4 ip 00000000277e677a sp 0000000029bb18e0 error 4 in steamclient.so[27600000+2304000] likely on CPU 2 (core 2, socket 0) Aug 14 20:10:42 Magnon-Box kernel: Code: 5b 5e 5f 5d c3 8d 76 00 8d 87 d0 0b 00 00 89 44 24 0c 8d b6 00 00 00 00 8d 2c 76 c1 e5 03 8d 04 2a 8b 48 14 80 79 2d 00 74 66 <8b> 48 04 83 f9 ff 75 3e 8b 40 08 89 f1 89 c6 eb 15 8d 74 26 00 90

Has been the Ark variant. Might be worth keeping an eye on. since it killed all running docker that used that image

3 minutes ago, Mainfrezzer said:

Has been the Ark variant. Might be worth keeping an eye on. since it killed all running docker that used that image

This is not the first time I see this, however it should not kill all Docker containers which are using that image but I'm not sure how you mean that.

There is nothing I can do about that since if a game crashes it produces such a message in the syslog because it's a segfault, you can also see that for example with the Plex transcoder in the official Plex Docker container but it doesn't crash the whole container because just the transcoder crashed. In terms of game servers this is the default behavior because the main application in the container crashes.

So to speak there is not much I can do about that since the application itself crashes this can either be of a bug, some hardware issue and so on.

Hope that makes sense to you.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is not the first time I see this, however it should not kill all Docker containers which are using that image but I'm not sure how you mean that.

I do have to correct myself, It didnt "kill" the running containers, i just checked the logs and it roughly happend at the exact time a update was distributed by steam. Still very odd since been runing fine for ages. Who knows what Gabe did.

Edited by Mainfrezzer
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, ich777 said:

But that's for Windows from what I read...

Anyways, from what I see, download the mods locally on your PC, go to the download location, grab the folder named <publishedid>, place them into .../appdata/dayz/<publishedid>, then go into the folder .../appdata/dayz/<publishedid> open up meta.cpp file and locate the modname, go back to .../appdata/dayz, rename the folder <publishedid> to: @<modnamefrom_meta.cpp> and then finally add this to your GAME_PARAMS:

grafik.thumb.png.191e5d240ee4cef531506125adaff742.png

if you have more mods installed it should look like that:
grafik.png.3dee2186a044b2c990bb2cd9f85debdf.png

Please note that things in < and > are just placeholders and everything including < and > alongside with < and > needs to be replaced with the publishid and/or modname.

I'm also not too sure if mods for Windows will work on the Linux server which my container is using.

Hope that helps (that is basically what this article tells you).

I found this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1517338673

in this Linux guide it says It will look for the Workshop ID in the '.workshop.cfg' file.

do I just need to create that file?