[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What hardware are you using?

I assume you are using pretty old hardware since this is a indication that your CPU doesn‘t support all necessary instructions.

Ahh, that's probably it then. This beast is a bit of a dinosaur :D

AMD Turion™ II Neo N40L Dual-Core @ 1500 MHz

Memory: 8 GiB Other Single-bit ECC

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, runtman said:

This beast is a bit of a dinosaur :D

Yep, I even think that at the time of release there where no dinosaurs yet. 😅

Since the game uses Unreal Engine 5 you need something recent (at least something like Intel 6th Gen+ if I‘m not mistaken).

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, ich777 said:

That will work but none of the screenshots show your share settings from appdata, go to the Shres and click on appdata.

I would strongly recommend that you let the appdata share on the cache and not kove it to the Array so that the Array can go into spindown.

Of course that depends if you want to do that but the appdata share should stay always on the cache and should not be moved to the Array.

Oh sorry about that.  Here is my appdata share.  Ill change it back. It was on the cache before and thats when I had that issue so if I put it back to cache, I'm scared I might lose my world again.   I will test it out and see

image.png

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

This entire post also applies to you:

(basically one above this post)

Just to update for anyone else who may have problems. The online port checker utilities do not show this port as open, but it is if you forward it correctly in your router. I suspect some services block or ignore port checkers? Either way, my problem was for some reason the template was pulled down wrong, and the 8211 port was pointing internally to the server on the rcon port, and visa versa. So:

172.17.0.12:8211/TCP192.168.1.10:25575
172.17.0.12:25575/UDP192.168.1.10:8211

And since I had rcon disabled the 8211 was going nowhere, and 25575 was not forwarded in my router. I deleted the docker image and pulled it again, works fine now.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Matrix said:

Just to update for anyone else who may have problems. The online port checker utilities do not show this port as open

As I've already explained... :D

I think you didn't read the post that I've linked correct, in the second paragraph it's explained why... :P

12 minutes ago, Matrix said:

And since I had rcon disabled the 8211 was going nowhere

Sorry but that is completely not true even if you've disabled RCON (which it is by default and the template also states that) the port was forwarded (the wrong port forward would have fixed that too btw).

However I've never seen such what you are described with the ports and is technically not possible by default.

16 minutes ago, Matrix said:

works fine now.

Glad to hear that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Etelari said:

I will test it out and see

This is the problematic setting:

grafik.thumb.png.871afb4dcc810921c8f339282825d01a.png

I would recommend that you change it to Array -> Cache and after that invoking the Mover but please be also aware that I would recommend that you first stop the entire Docker service since if the Mover detects files which are currently in use it won't move those files.

By changing this setting to Array -> Cache and invoking the Mover it will move all files in the appdata share back to the Cache and will ensure that it will stay on the cache (which in my opinion is the way to use the cache).

With that the Array will be able to sleep, if nothing else is reading or writing to the Array.

Also keep in mind if you have VMs running that you maybe also stop the VM service before invoking the Mover so that it can also move these files to the Cache.

After the Mover is finished you can start the Docker (and VM service) again and it should all work as it was before (after that you will be able to change the path to the game files in the Valheim template back to /mnt/cache/...).

Hope that all makes sense to you. ;)

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is the problematic setting:

grafik.thumb.png.871afb4dcc810921c8f339282825d01a.png

I would recommend that you change it to Array -> Cache and after that invoking the Mover but please be also aware that I would recommend that you first stop the entire Docker service since if the Mover detects files which are currently in use it won't move those files.

By changing this setting to Array -> Cache and invoking the Mover it will move all files in the appdata share back to the Cache and will ensure that it will stay on the cache (which in my opinion is the way to use the cache).

With that the Array will be able to sleep, if nothing else is reading or writing to the Array.

Also keep in mind if you have VMs running that you maybe also stop the VM service before invoking the Mover so that it can also move these files to the Cache.

After the Mover is finished you can start the Docker (and VM service) again and it should all work as it was before (after that you will be able to change the path to the game files in the Valheim template back to /mnt/cache/...).

Hope that all makes sense to you. ;)

Yup it does!  I will do this.  Thank you again for this help.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, IDQ said:

What did you do to get it working? I'm using Dynamic DNS as well.

Funny enough it was partly palworld that helped me figure it out, it has a setting to grab your current public ip, which was my dns ip; at the time I didn’t know wtf it was since I hadn’t seen it for so long and was going crazy trying to find what the ip was since it wasn’t using my “server ip” at face value (its digits). After pinging literally so many ip’s including that one, I went to my cloudflare site and docker logs and behold, it was that same ip that palworld had grabbed. I verified with my terraria docker as well to see if it would work with that ip and port, to which it did. This doesn’t really go in-depth per se so sorry if this doesn’t help. As for actually configuring the cloudflare dns (which I did a while ago for Minecraft) I used these 2 videos. Hopefully the application of the stuff in the video helps you out.

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

Are you sure?

What does the logs say?

Please don't change the ports, as you can see on the last 4 pages it is working in it's base configuration.

Such tools won't detect most game servers and they are useless for checking if the port is open since you are dealing with a game server and not a http/https server and nothing is responding to http/https requests.

No.

Without that little information I can't help, have you read that here:

The server needs a bit to be up and running and then you have to wait a bit in the server list itself.

Please start over with a fresh template/game files directory.

You were right on this one, thanks! I assumed that the port wasn't open because that website is how I've tested all other game servers I have. Sorry for not testing more, I just mainly came here to see if I was missing something. I appreciate the work on this!

I typed in my dynamic dns name followed by the port in palworld and it worked while tethered to my phone.

Edit: donation sent also!

Edited by IDQ
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Hollandex said:

Is there a way to make the Palworld server NOT a community server? I just want to host it on my LAN for my family. I don't have 8211 forwarded, obviously, but I'm curious if that's enough to keep my server off the community list.

Yes if you have no port forward to the outside world no one will see your server. Either localhost, 127.0.0.1, or type in the IP address of the device you are hosting the server on with 8211 as the port. That should get it working for everyone to connect.

11 minutes ago, IDQ said:

That should get it working for everyone to connect.

Please don‘t forget to say that he also has to do that:

11 minutes ago, IDQ said:

Either localhost, 127.0.0.1

This won‘t work because we are dealing with Docker.

He has to use his SERVERIP:GAMEPORT

I have a problem with the palworld docker.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '2394010' already up to date.
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration found, continuing...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---PublicIP in PalWorldSettings.ini found: xx.xx.xx.xx
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
setrlimit() failed with error 22 (Invalid argument)
- Max per-process value allowed is 0 (we wanted infinity).
sh: 1: xdg-user-dir: not found
dlopen failed trying to load:
steamclient.so
with error:
steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded '/serverdata/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so' OK.  (First tried local 'steamclient.so')
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 2394010
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamUser021 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamFriends017 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils004 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

The server seems stuck at this point. Anyone got an idea what could be the issue ?

Edited by matuopm
15 hours ago, matuopm said:

An what is the exact issue?

The errors/warnings that you see are normal and won't prevent the dedicated server from running correctly.

If the container is not restarting everything looks okay. ;)

If you have trouble finding your server please see this post here:

If you have any further issues, I have already answered almost any possible question on the last 5 pages (starting at the very end of page 365). ;)

As a side info:

grafik.png.33bc1bbcd453b9514c4813e971ffb2b6.png

11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please always stop the container, then edit the ini file and then start the container again.

This is common practice.

I also wrote that multiple times on the last few pages. 😅

Reason is that the container saves the current config and savegame when stopping the dedicated server (this is by the way not the only dedicated server that does this).

That fixed it for me.  THANK YOU!!!!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, matuopm said:

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '2394010' already up to date.
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration found, continuing...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---PublicIP in PalWorldSettings.ini found: xx.xx.xx.xx
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
setrlimit() failed with error 22 (Invalid argument)
- Max per-process value allowed is 0 (we wanted infinity).
sh: 1: xdg-user-dir: not found
dlopen failed trying to load:
steamclient.so
with error:
steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded '/serverdata/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so' OK.  (First tried local 'steamclient.so')
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 2394010
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamUser021 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamFriends017 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils004 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

The server seems stuck at this point. Anyone got an idea what could be the issue ?

I'm also seeing this. I don't know if it's connect to this. They posted it in the official discord just over an hour ago

"Server Outage Notice:

As the number of concurrent players across all platforms exceeded 1.3 million, the Epic Online Service is currently experiencing outages due to an unusually high load worldwide.

This is causing connectivity issues with co-op and servers.
Singleplayer is unaffected by this server outage.

We are sorry for this inconvenience and we are working to recover stable operation as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience"

14 minutes ago, Pascual said:

I'm also seeing this.

This is good that you see the messages, this means that the server is up and running. ;)

14 minutes ago, Pascual said:

I don't know if it's connect to this. They posted it in the official discord just over an hour ago

I would recommend that you don't create a community server at the moment and connect via direct connect with your IP/Hostname and Port, how to do that is described here:

Are there instructions on how to start the palworld server docker? I downloaded the docker, and it auto started in my docker tab. Are there anymore instructions?

Also, is there a way to transfer the save file from my dedicated server that is hosted on my windows PC to this docker server?

Edited by mohammedv183
1 hour ago, BryanS said:

Need help with this...... cant seem to figure out how to log in with 2fa when container starts.... trying to host palworld.

Why do you even want to log in? You don't need credentials.

The Steam credentials are only needed if they are not hidden away under the Show more... settings and marked with the red asterisk.

Please start over, delete the template, delete the directory for palworld and then pull a fresh copy from the CA App without entering credentials.

16 minutes ago, mohammedv183 said:

Are there instructions on how to start the palworld server docker? I downloaded the docker, and it auto started in my docker tab. Are there anymore instructions?

I answered almost every single question in terms for Palworld on the last five pages (starting at the very bottom of page 365).

Please read these pages first if you have questions.

Just deploy the container and you are good to go.

Please also note that the server list is completely borked currently and the Epic servers can't keep up with 1.3 Million servers. :D

Anyways, here are instructions on how to set up a non community server and how to direct connect:

18 minutes ago, mohammedv183 said:

Also, is there a way to transfer the save file from my dedicated server that is hosted on my windows PC to this docker server?

I'm not sure if that's possible. Sorry, maybe someone else can answer this question.

• Like 1

Thank you very much to @ich777 for creating the Docker version server for Palworld. May I ask if it's possible to add some scheduled memory cleaning/optimization functions to the Docker container? It seems that this game has significant optimization issues, as it can easily consume the entire 16GB of memory, leading to crashes. Thank you very much!

Edited by Liviter
1 hour ago, Liviter said:

May I ask if it's possible to add some scheduled memory cleaning/optimization functions to the Docker container?

No because how should I do that?

This is something the develops have to fix…

Also a bit more details on your specific container/setup would be nice.

How many players are on your server, for how long is it running and so on.

EDIT: There are currently six players on my server and it consumes about 11GB which seems fine to me for that player count, if it is empty it hovers around 2GB and 3GB.