[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Already answered that three times, this can be safely ignored.

However in your case it seems there is something else wrong since it can't load the file from /serverdata/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so and that's the path where it should belong.

Are you running the container on Unraid or on a different system? If Unraid on what version are you?

Ah my apologies, I never saw a corresponding "[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded '/serverdata/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so' OK." log so I wasn't sure if it successfully found the file at an alternate location.

My /serverdata/.steam/sdk64/ directory is totally empty.

I'm running Unraid 6.12.6

So I want to run the PalWorld server as a dedicated server but when I remove the EpicGames=PalServer and try to login into the server using my ip address PalWorld says no password has been entered which I assume that it is still running as a community server. Any ideas on how to fix it?

2 minutes ago, Stinkywar said:

I assume that it is still running as a community server. Any ideas on how to fix it?

No, thats caused because direct connections can‘t have a password and the password is still in place.

Please read that post, last paragraph:

15 minutes ago, therave39 said:

My /serverdata/.steam/sdk64/ directory is totally empty.

Can you please give me the full log output?

Where did you check if it was empty?

The container copies over the steamclient.so from the main server directorys linux64 folder on each server start.

It is very strange that this is not working for you since it works for everyone else.

20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Palworld-I am not the same person that sent it but I am also having the same issue. I am unaware of where to check though for /serverdata Would this be in the appdata folders somewhere?

setrlimit() failed with error 22 (Invalid argument)
- Max per-process value allowed is 0 (we wanted infinity).
sh: 1: xdg-user-dir: not found
dlopen failed trying to load:
steamclient.so
with error:
steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded '/serverdata/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so' OK.  (First tried local 'steamclient.so')
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 5 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 2394010
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamUser021 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamFriends017 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils004 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
tid(33) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1705108307
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
tid(57) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1705108307
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
 Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 9.32 (440718449 / 4729403737)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 33.78 (1597610039 / 4729403737)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 58.09 (2747083174 / 4729403737)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 83.26 (3937718527 / 4729403737)
Success! App '2394010' fully installed.
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration found, continuing...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---Nothing to do, PublicIP: 123.123.123.123(fake) still up-to-date!---
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

Edited by jtaz16
1 minute ago, sage2050 said:

i have a password set in my ini but there's no password on my server. does it (and other text, like server name) need to be in quotation marks?

About what container are we talking?

If we are talking for Palworld then the answer is yes since it is by default also the case that all texts are wrapped in double quotation marks.

You‘ll find a DefaultPalWorldConfig.ini in the main directory for the container.

Please also keep in mind that you first have to stop the container, then edit the configuration file and then finally start the container again.

3 minutes ago, jtaz16 said:

I am not the same person that sent it but I am also having the same issue. I am unaware of where to check though for /serverdata Would this be in the appdata folders somewhere?

No you don't have the same issue:

4 minutes ago, jtaz16 said:
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded '/serverdata/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so' OK.  (First tried local 'steamclient.so')

It says that it was load fine.

Your server is up and running.

16 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Where did you check if it was empty?

The container copies over the steamclient.so from the main server directorys linux64 folder.

I think I ended up sorting this out. I just removed the container/image, removed the steamcmd/palworld directories from my appdata, and started from scratch. The steamclient.so is now found in the expected directory (when checking via the container's console).

One thing I noticed/changed was the default container settings have /serverdata/serverfiles defaulting to /mnt/cache/appdata/palworld, which might have also caused some issues since I don't have my appdata on the cache.

I'm not seeing any new errors that haven't been deemed expected, so I think this is working.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

About what container are we talking?

If we are talking for Palworld then the answer is yes since it is by default also the case that all texts are wrapped in double quotation marks.

You‘ll find a DefaultPalWorldConfig.ini in the main directory for the container.

Please also keep in mind that you first have to stop the container, then edit the configuration file and then finally start the container again.

either i accidentally deleted all the double quotes in the settings ini or they weren't present when the file was generated (they are there in the default settings file). thanks

1 minute ago, therave39 said:

One thing I noticed/changed was the default container settings have /serverdata/serverfiles defaulting to /mnt/cache/appdata/palworld, which might have also caused some issues since I don't have my appdata on the cache.

This is a thing you have to manually configure, I always recommend using the real path and not the FUSE path (/mnt/user/...).

2 minutes ago, therave39 said:

I'm not seeing any new errors that haven't been deemed expected, so I think this is working.

Glad that everything is working.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sage2050 said:

either i accidentally deleted all the double quotes in the settings ini or they weren't present when the file was generated (they are there in the default settings file). thanks

You can also stop the container, delete the file, start the container and it will pull the specific configuration file that I use by default for the container if it's not found.

The quotation marks are definitely in there. ;)

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Your server is up and running.

Ok so most likely the reason I cannot view it is on the Palworld side. I guess I will keep it running for a while and see if it will pop up. My Port forwarding should be good since I can see my Valheim and Icarus servers are live. 

Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jtaz16 said:

Ok so most likely the reason I cannot view it is on the Palworld side. I guess I will keep it running for a while and see if it will pop up. My Port forwarding should be good since I can see my Valheim and Icarus servers are live. 

It usually takes a few minutes so that the server is listed and then you have to go to the community servers in the game, then type in your server name, if nothing is found click again on community servers to update the list, wait a bit, search again for your server name, if still nothing pops up repeat the process a few times.

But please keep in mind that after the server start you have to at least wait 1-3 minutes so that it registers in the server list.

• Like 1

No too sure what I'm doing wrong (or if I'm doing anything wrong).

But I've tried a Palworld server and it seems to boot fine, however after 15-20 mins the server is not available. Like others , I believe port forwarding id fine because I use your other servers without issue.

What seems to happen is that the server starts, a random restart kicks in then it gets stuck on starting server.

A manual restart of the docker restarts the whole process again.

Log below:

log.thumb.png.a82e8b9bf393e1fd474fbf7423933113.png

Edited by montmyint
2 minutes ago, montmyint said:

No too sure what I'm doing wrong (or if I'm doing anything wrong).

But I've tried a Palworld server and it seems to boot fine, however after 15-20 mins the server is not available. Like others , I believe port forwarding id fine because I use your other servers without issue.

What seems to happen is that the server starts, a random restart kicks in then it gets stuck on starting server.

A manual restart of the docker restarts the whole process again.

log.png

I see the same thing in my logs, despite it working correctly.

Are you able to connect to the server over LAN? You might need to remove "EpicApp=PalServer" from the game parameters and remove the password from PalWorldSettings.ini to connect directly

Edited by therave39
2 minutes ago, therave39 said:

Are you able to connect to the server over LAN? You might need to remove "EpicApp=PalServer" from the game parameters and remove the password from PalWorldSettings.ini to connect directly

I'll disable the community server param and see if it turns up on my local server lists.

Will update in a few mins

1 minute ago, UnAbel said:

Does this require the Steam Username and PWD be entered in the container to work properly?

No, otherwise it would be not hidden away under Show more settings… and would be markt with a red asterisk.

Hey Ich! Love the speed on set up and the support thus far. I'm curious if you have any knowledge running this through SWAG and an Argo Tunnel. I'm trying to get it working, and so far I can't seem to see the server listed. I tried to connect direct with no password, and it wouldn't. I'm not sure how far to debug, so I thought I'd ask. Server is started just fine and shows 

---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration found, continuing...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---Nothing to do, PublicIP: xxxx still up-to-date!---
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server--

I'm sure this is beyond the regular scope of most users but SWAG is great lol

Edited by Nibbles
had public ip lel
17 minutes ago, montmyint said:

But I've tried a Palworld server and it seems to boot fine, however after 15-20 mins the server is not available.

To what path in the Docker template are the game files set? If they are set to /mnt/cache/... then please make sure that the files stay on the cache and are not moved to the Array by the mover in the Share settings.

Are you sure you have enough driver space available and you don't run out of RAM?

17 minutes ago, montmyint said:

15 minutes ago, therave39 said:

This is just normal an my server sits on the same screen like yours, this is actually a display issue and as long as the container doesn't restart everything is fine.

If it is properly running it consumes about 1-3GB of RAM

13 minutes ago, montmyint said:

I'll disable the community server param and see if it turns up on my local server lists.

You won't see it there either. If you want to test direct connection you have to stop the container, edit the config file and make sure the password is empty (don't remove the double quotation marks), remove the entry from GAME_PARAMS in the Docker container template and after that you can start the container again <- it should be started already since you've changed the tempalte.

If you've done all of that you can connect to the container via the direct connection in game with your SERVERIP:GAMEPORT

Please also keep in mind if you want to make changes to the config always stop the container in the first place, then change the config and after that it is safe to start it again. If you don't stop it in the first place your changes will be discarded and overwritten with the old ones.

Just now, ich777 said:

You won't see it there either. If you want to test direct connection you have to stop the container, edit the config file and make sure the password is empty (don't remove the double quotation marks), remove the entry from GAME_PARAMS in the Docker container template and after that you can start the container again <- it should be started already since you've changed the tempalte.

If you've done all of that you can connect to the container via the direct connection in game with your SERVERIP:GAMEPORT

Please also keep in mind if you want to make changes to the config always stop the container in the first place, then change the config and after that it is safe to start it again. If you don't stop it in the first place your changes will be discarded and overwritten with the old ones.

Yeah I've been stopping the docker between changes (it only took one time of settings not sticking to remember).

So it was the steam client confusing me, I was able to connect via direct connection in game.

Looks like patience on the cards tonight, I'll set it back up as a community server and just leave it :)