[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hi !
I have a question regarding the Eco server, how can I change the config before starting the server ?
I am not familiar with Eco systems, I looked the templates files and found what variables I'm looking for, but when I do so it's on an already stated server hence generated world !
As I understand, the GAME_PARAMS you offer in the config is more like a server command line options.
Do you have some documentation "how to basic" somewhere ? I didn't find any

Thanks in advance for your answers
Napht

45 minutes ago, Napth said:

I have a question regarding the Eco server, how can I change the config before starting the server ?

This is not possible.

I am not familiar with Eco systems, I looked the templates files and found what variables I'm looking for, but when I do so it's on an already stated server hence generated world !

Can you please explain a bit more in depth what you are trying to do?

If you want to change the settings in the first place then simply let the container start for the first time fully, stop the container, delete all files in the Storage directory (so to speak your save directory), edit the config to your needs and then start the container again.

Do you have some documentation "how to basic" somewhere ? I didn't find any

I would start here, the container is doing everything for you before the configuration stage from the link.

Please note that the Eco Server UI is only available for Windows <- so to speak you could configure your server on Windows and then copy the configuration that you've made over to the Configs directory from the container.

Thank you for your answer
The Eco documentation I already went threw it, but I meant more a small documentation related your way of setting up the server.

Anyway, I just did some test, and according to what you just told me :
to re generate the world

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

delete all files in the Storage directory

and to change parameters :

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

simply let the container start for the first time fully, stop the container, delete all files in the Storage directory (so to speak your save directory), edit the config to your needs and then start the container again

That was clear and effective !
I suggest you put these few lines of precious information in the overview of the interface ! (cf the screenshot)

Thanks for this :)

image.png

37 minutes ago, Napth said:

but I meant more a small documentation related your way of setting up the server.

But it‘s not any different than on Linux itself and since the Eco Server UI is only available on Windows this is actually the way to do it and is AFAIK the recommended way.

But modding/configuring is always up to the user, I just provide basic functionallity.

On 10/23/2023 at 8:40 PM, bmayne81 said:

I'm just wondering if anyone here has bepinex working with v rising. The server just terminates and boot loops when its enabled. I've just turned it off for the time being as mods aren't really a big deal for me on this game.

update: also now my server doesnt show in server list. ports are forwarded properly too.

I was just wondering if you ever got this to work.  I've been fighting it for 2 days now... lol

31 minutes ago, my95z34 said:

I was just wondering if you ever got this to work.  I've been fighting it for 2 days now... lol

My V-Rising server is running just fine.

Could you maybe share a bit more details on your setup?

Did you change something in the template?

Was BepInEx updated so that it supports the latest version from the game already?

You can also download a recent version from BepInEx manually, enable it in the template, stop the container, extract the files from the manually downloaded archive to the main server directory and try to start the container again.

If it starts BepInEx is compatible, if not then BepInEx needs to be updated.

If the server is not showing up on the server list you have to enable list on EOS in your configuration.

EDIT: This was the post that solved it for the user not showing up in the server list:

I couldn't find anything about this so i've got to ask:

It should be possible to change the Ports of the Sons of the Forest docker right?
When I tried it, the Network check at the Start of the Server just gave me back Ports aren't open, but they are.

30 minutes ago, Nollos3 said:

It should be possible to change the Ports of the Sons of the Forest docker right?
When I tried it, the Network check at the Start of the Server just gave me back Ports aren't open, but they are.

Can you explain a bit more in depth what you‘ve done to change the ports, including a screenshot from the Docker template?

Hey i need some help with the ARK ASA Dedicated Server, it ran fine until i restarted yestrerday and since then i cant level movemtent speed anymore, i have checken with the game.ini and gameusersettings.ini but i cant find any changes. What am I missing

8 minutes ago, Psyonicar said:

Hey i need some help with the ARK ASA Dedicated Server, it ran fine until i restarted yestrerday and since then i cant level movemtent speed anymore, i have checken with the game.ini and gameusersettings.ini but i cant find any changes. What am I missing

Can you please post a screenshot from the Docker template please?

If you are for example using /mnt/cache/... are you sure the appdata share stays on the Cache and is not moved over to the Array?

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Have you double checked that the appdata share is set to stay on the Cache and is not moved over to the Array (you'll find that in the share settings)?

No I havent, i dont want it to be on the cache at all, since the array is much faster M.2 SSDs, also i have just lately added the cache to my system because i had a spare SSD and i didnt need it.

4 minutes ago, Psyonicar said:

No I havent, i dont want it to be on the cache at all, since the array is much faster M.2 SSDs, also i have just lately added the cache to my system because i had a spare SSD and i didnt need it.

Why not also included that in the post from your screenshot? :D

That would make my and your life easier. ;)

Then the answer is simple, just change the path to the gamefiles to /mnt/user/... instead of like it is now /mnt/cache/...

The main issue is now that in the template /mnt/cache/... is specified and the mover have probably moved the settings file over to /mnt/user/... (so to speak the Array) and now you have two copies of the configuration (and probably other files) one on the Array and one on the Cache.

The container thinks that the files are located on /mnt/cache/... where it can't find the files so it creates new ones and you are editing the file on /mnt/user/... where the changes won't do anything because the files is read from /mnt/cache/...

I would recommend that stop the container, then you move the files over to the Array with Unbalanced from the CA App first and then make the change from the path and finally start the container again.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Why not also included that in the post from your screenshot? :D

That would make my and your life easier. ;)

Then the answer is simple, just change the path to the gamefiles to /mnt/user/... instead of like it is now /mnt/cache/...

The main issue is now that in the template /mnt/cache/... is specified and the mover have probably moved the settings file over to /mnt/user/... (so to speak the Array) and now you have two copies of the configuration (and probably other files) one on the Array and one on the Cache.

The container thinks that the files are located on /mnt/cache/... where it can't find the files so it creates new ones and you are editing the file on /mnt/user/... where the changes won't do anything because the files is read from /mnt/cache/...

thank you so very much, is there a paypal where i could support your efforts, since iam using your templates since quite some time

2 minutes ago, Psyonicar said:

thank you so very much, is there a paypal where i could support your efforts, since iam using your templates since quite some time

Sure, you'll find them in the CA App for containers that you have installed or in the first post of this thread.

Hope your issue is now solved. :)

On 1/11/2024 at 1:19 AM, ich777 said:

This is a bit too less information, did you change anything in the Docker template?

What ports did you forward? Please double check if the protocol is correct.

How does the NAT look like for Terraria in your router?

With what IP do your friends try to connect?

Do you have other services available that are accessible from outside?

Yes forgive me for the low amount of information, I was using the port required being 7777, and I have enabled port forwarding for it via my router which allowed for me to connect to it on my local network, but not my friends. The IP I used is the one for the unraid server, more specfically when the boot the docker, the one that is given on the right side. I found a temp solution however just running it via using my minecraft port and of course the ip is the same as well ( I have also hosted zomboid which worked properly, granted that I had to open different ports because one individual uses one port).  As for the NAT type or what I assume what it is, I was tried using both TCP/UDP, however, it only wants to use TCP for some reason. I hope this information helps and also thank you for helping me with this, I appreciate it greatly. Also just a side note, I am unsure if I ask here or somewhere else as I am not Unraid savy in the slightest, but a game called Palworld is going to be released soon and was wondering if a docker could be made for it, if not, usually how long does it roughly take for someone to make a docker for a game? Thank you again and sorry for the long read.

Hey there ich777, I just wanted to say thank you for creating all these dockers, you have made life really easy for me and my friends on our Unraid server! Thank you so much for your hard work so far!

Just wanted to also check with you if you have any plans of doing up a Docker for Palworld (That is allegedly launching with Dedicated Servers). We're looking forward to play it this weekend! If it's going to take a while for you to properly test and release it, is there anyway we can just run it on one of your dockers and just changing the game id? Its a Unreal Engine 5 game. 

Not rushing, just wanted to check if its possible! 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, zan335 said:

Yes forgive me for the low amount of information, I was using the port required being 7777, and I have enabled port forwarding for it via my router which allowed for me to connect to it on my local network, but not my friends. The IP I used is the one for the unraid server, more specfically when the boot the docker, the one that is given on the right side.

Are you really sure that you are using the correct protocol, in this case TCP not UDP in your router? This is the first time I hear of that issue.

6 hours ago, zan335 said:

but a game called Palworld is going to be released soon and was wondering if a docker could be made for it, if not, usually how long does it roughly take for someone to make a docker for a game?

Sorry but I don't accept any request for containers anymore since I already have almost 200 applications to maintain/support in the CA App.

Maybe someone else can create a container.

BTW even if someone else will create a container, the game should be donated to the developer who creates the container if he doesn't owns it already.

12 minutes ago, rescend said:

Just wanted to also check with you if you have any plans of doing up a Docker for Palworld (That is allegedly launching with Dedicated Servers). We're looking forward to play it this weekend! If it's going to take a while for you to properly test and release it, is there anyway we can just run it on one of your dockers and just changing the game id? Its a Unreal Engine 5 game. 

Please read the last paragraph from the post above this post.