[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Are you really sure that you are using the correct protocol, in this case TCP not UDP in your router? This is the first time I hear of that issue.

Sorry but I don't accept any request for containers anymore since I already have almost 200 applications to maintain/support in the CA App.

Maybe someone else can create a container.

BTW even if someone else will create a container, the game should be donated to the developer who creates the container if he doesn't owns it already.

Yes I believe I have found the issue, I found more ports that are used for Terraria that should be opened depending on it being either TCP or UDP so I will be testing that out later. Also Thank you for the clarification and follow up on Palworld; I wanted to ask another question(s) in relation to that. Is there a discord or a hub of documents/guides that show information for game dockers or a hub where these individuals are? I don't know what the "CA App" that you refer to is and would like to learn more about it through a discord community or detailed guides/videos like mentioned previously as I am new to Unraid and would like to open up my options to use my server and learn about the Unraid/Ca App community in general. I would gladly donate the game to individuals that help make these wonderful experiences possible. Thank you again for kindly helping me with all my questions, I greatly appreciate it and would like to know if there is a donation page you have as well.

Hey there - i'm using your Satisfactory docker app and it works great.  However, i can't locate the saved game files...  Could you tell me where they are saved at?  I looked under my cache drive at: appdata/satisfactory/FactoryGame/Saved and there are no saved games listed.

Thanks!

21 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but I don't accept any request for containers anymore since I already have almost 200 applications to maintain/support in the CA App.

Maybe someone else can create a container.

BTW even if someone else will create a container, the game should be donated to the developer who creates the container if he doesn't owns it already.

Perfectly fair. 200+ games is not funny to maintain. Much less 20. 

I don't mind giving it a try if you can point me in the right direction to learn how to make one. Please continue the good work on maintaining the dockers you have! You have no idea how much we owe you. 

10 hours ago, zan335 said:

I found more ports that are used for Terraria that should be opened depending on it being either TCP or UDP

Please don't trust such sites that say you should open up many ports for game servers.

I do my research and the ports that I list in my templates are the ones which are needed, think again about it, if you are using your Minecraft server port then it works and Minecraft needs only one TCP port open!

I wanted to ask another question(s) in relation to that. Is there a discord or a hub of documents/guides that show information for game dockers or a hub where these individuals are?

No, there is not really a need for that since I mention important things in my templates and the descriptions should be also enough.

However if you are searching for specific things I would recommend that you try searching the Internet first (something like: "<GAMENAME> dedicated server" in you favorite search engine), skip the whole installation part since this is what my container does and look at how to configure it.

If you don't find anything useful you can always create a post here.

I don't know what the "CA App" that you refer to is and would like to learn more about it through

The CA App (Community Applications App) is basically the APPS tab in Unraid:

grafik.png.cef5a81b5c4cfd81cad2b571b364153d.png

detailed guides/videos like mentioned previously as I am new to Unraid

You can for example look into the Blog post here or go to the Unraid/IBRACORP Discord and ask for help there (I'm not that often on Discord).

IBRACORP also have a Wiki with a few guides here.

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, rescend said:

I don't mind giving it a try if you can point me in the right direction to learn how to make one.

You can look at the Ark Survival Ascended branch here in my repository since this is also a Unreal 5 Engine game.

It might not be to do the section "Checking the maximum map count per process" which is necessary for Ark.

This looks like a fun game but I really have not much time these days to play games, support for my containers is a big part of my life now... :P :D

6 hours ago, jkasdfkjhasdf said:

However, i can't locate the saved game files...  Could you tell me where they are saved at? 

I'm not too sure about Satisfactory anymore but have you created your server already? Does it save at all?

Have you also looked into: .../appdata/satisfactory/.config/Epic/FactoryGame/Saved/SaveGames/

Usually after creating the Server (in-game) it should create the save file.

Are your paths also set up correctly on Unraid? If you are using /mnt/cache/appdata/... in the Docker template please make sure that the files stay on the Cache in the Share settings and are not moved to the Array.

22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please don't trust such sites that say you should open up many ports for game servers.

I do my research and the ports that I list in my templates are the ones which are needed, think again about it, if you are using your Minecraft server port then it works and Minecraft needs only one TCP port open!

No, there is not really a need for that since I mention important things in my templates and the descriptions should be also enough.

However if you are searching for specific things I would recommend that you try searching the Internet first (something like: "<GAMENAME> dedicated server" in you favorite search engine), skip the whole installation part since this is what my container does and look at how to configure it.

If you don't find anything useful you can always create a post here.

The CA App (Community Applications App) is basically the APPS tab in Unraid:

grafik.png.cef5a81b5c4cfd81cad2b571b364153d.png

You can for example look into the Blog post here or go to the Unraid/IBRACORP Discord and ask for help there (I'm not that often on Discord).

IBRACORP also have a Wiki with a few guides here.

Hope that helps.

I see, thank you very much for the information and you are correct, about the terraria server portion, as I didn't really consider that it is indeed currently running off of one port. I'll leave the link (if that is allowed) to the website where I did see the multiple ports (https://portforward.com/terraria/). Now to specifically hone in on my issue then in regards to what I have done with the docker.

Within the docker itself I have used the port 7777 as provided  (ignore it being 25565 as that is what it currently is running on, but I had 7777 when I was attempting to make the docker/terraria server go online prior).
image.png.f4de815f1db9e540a67c32d6684b1777.png

Now within my actual network for port forwarding, it asks for the "Service entry" which is what ports I would open and tested with (again using the minecraft one currently, however, I had tried this port and it didn't work); I'll post a picture of how it looks but from left to right it is as follows: "service name" , "global port range" , "protocol", and "base port".
image.png.913d7f9c535192dcf48eddc237381d2f.png
Following the entry of this information, it would then ask what device is this needed by, which I then choose my server and then it would  port forward for that device. The "device/server" does indeed work however as stated with my previous posts where Project zomboid works correctly along with the terraria server currently working with my minecraft port which all use the same "device/server".

When I then open terraria and go onto the server, it does post, but only for some reason only on LAN, so it is functioning, but not letting others from different networks join it. 

I know it is somewhat redundant to figure out the problem if the server is currently working with my minecraft port, but it personally is bothering me that it isn't working with the correct port, and also that while this server is up, I cannot have my minecraft server up as well. Again, I thank you kindly for your time and generosity working with me and helping me learn, solving this and also learning I guess the terminology and definitions of the words presented to me is very helpful and hopefully from this experience I can better diagnose my future issues encountered in regards to the server.

45 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You can look at the Ark Survival Ascended branch here in my repository since this is also a Unreal 5 Engine game.

It might not be to do the section "Checking the maximum map count per process" which is necessary for Ark.

This looks like a fun game but I really have not much time these days to play games, support for my containers is a big part of my life now... :P :D

Well, when I have a little more spare cash, I'll be sure to fling a Paypal your way. 

I'm also wondering if I can just Add a New container using one of your other games thats also UE5 (Satisfactory for eg.) as a template and editing/removing the values to reflect those of Palworld's. 

In any case, thanks for the tip, I'll try to figure things out! 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, zan335 said:

Especially these website is often wrong and a automatic generated set of port forwards.

12 minutes ago, zan335 said:

Within the docker itself I have used the port 7777 as provided  (ignore it being 25565 as that is what it currently is running on, but I had 7777 when I was attempting to make the docker/terraria server go online prior).

Could it be possible that your ISP is blocking certain ports, maybe all below 10000?

Have you yet tried another port that is higher than 10000?

Please also don't do port changes like that for game server containers because that will ultimately fail for most other servers, it is indeed working for Minecraft or Terraria but not for example for CounterStrike oder Valheim (see the first recommended post on top).

19 minutes ago, zan335 said:

When I then open terraria and go onto the server, it does post, but only for some reason only on LAN, so it is functioning, but not letting others from different networks join it. 

Have you yet tried to join from outside your LAN with your public IP address, often times the Hair Pin NAT on lower end routers/modems are not working properly and a connection from inside your network is not working.

4 minutes ago, rescend said:

I'm also wondering if I can just Add a New container using one of your other games thats also UE5 (Satisfactory for eg.) as a template and editing/removing the values to reflect those of Palworld's. 

Nevermind, I dont think that will work since I'll need to edit the startscript.sh as well. 

The amount of work you have to do is insane, i don't envy your position at all lol

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, rescend said:

Not really since every container has special start values in it, however it would be possible to create a container with a variable that you can pass through but that complicates things since most servers also need some special treatment or a config file which is specific to the dedicated server.

3 minutes ago, rescend said:

Nevermind, I dont think that will work since I'll need to edit the startscript.sh as well. 

If you really want too I can look into that game but only if someone donates it to me, if it is then released finally.

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Not really since every container has special start values in it, however it would be possible to create a container with a variable that you can pass through but that complicates things since most servers also need some special treatment or a config file which is specific to the dedicated server.

Yeah i had a look at the scripts and being a programmer, I roughly understand the flow but I'm not a native Linux user so it's all "akjsdhajskfhlas" to me. 

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

If you really want too I can look into that game but only if someone donates it to me, if it is then released finally.

If after trying out and the game is half as good as it claims to be (embargo has been lifted for content creators and it seems to be that good), I will gladly gift one to you so you can play with your pets (while maintaining your now 200+ plus one games  🤣). 

This game seems like it'll be big and going to be a lot like Ark but actually more fun. We'll see in a few days time! 

Until you release the docker, VM with Windows it shall be! LOL.

Edited by rescend
  • Like 1

I was finally able to get ark survival ascended running in a docker.

However, there is a new game version/patch, and no matter how many times a start stops or restarts the server, it does not update it. It seems to skip/kill the update.

Logs below:

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK

Waiting for client config...OK

Waiting for user info...OK

Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 3.76 (351854763 / 9353607189)

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 16.55 (1548279979 / 9353607189)

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 29.32 (2742474659 / 9353607189)

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 42.29 (3955677091 / 9353607189)

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 55.09 (5153063339 / 9353607189)

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 67.89 (6349947818 / 9353607189)

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 80.97 (7574045815 / 9353607189)

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 93.96 (8788362925 / 9353607189)

Success! App '2430930' fully installed.

---Checking the maximum map count per process...---

---Maximum map count per process OK...---

---Current map count per process: 265000---

---Checking if WINE workdirectory is present---

---WINE workdirectory found---

---Checking if WINE is properly installed---

---WINE properly set up---

---Prepare Server---

---Server ready---

---Start Server---

Waiting for logs...

[2024.01.17-05.06.38:383][ 0]Log file open, 01/16/24 21:06:38

[2024.01.17-05.06.38:383][ 0]LogMemory: Platform Memory Stats for WindowsServer

[2024.01.17-05.06.38:383][ 0]LogMemory: Process Physical Memory: 341.31 MB used, 343.34 MB peak

[2024.01.17-05.06.38:383][ 0]LogMemory: Process Virtual Memory: 296.85 MB used, 296.85 MB peak

[2024.01.17-05.06.38:383][ 0]LogMemory: Physical Memory: 1878.75 MB used, 62294.00 MB free, 64172.75 MB total

[2024.01.17-05.06.38:383][ 0]LogMemory: Virtual Memory: 1878.75 MB used, 62294.00 MB free, 64172.76 MB total

[2024.01.17-05.06.38:788][ 0]ARK Version: 33.34

[2024.01.17-05.06.39:290][ 0]Primal Game Data Took 0.34 seconds

Hello idk if I'm on the right topic but I have some issue with the ProjectZomboid docker everything work except form 1 thing,

we have 1 file missing its the servertest_spawnregions.LUA whiteout this .LUA we can't choose the spawn point that we want and idk how to fix this do you have a solution?

Ty for your help

1 hour ago, xmlmx said:

However, there is a new game version/patch, and no matter how many times a start stops or restarts the server, it does not update it. It seems to skip/kill the update.

From what I see in the logs it updates the container just fine.

Are you sure if you are using the path /mnt/cache/appdata/... that the everything in the appdata share stays on the Cache and is not moved to the Array, otherwise you have to change the path in the template to /mnt/user/appdata/...

You can however try to copy the Saves from the container to somewhere safe on your computer, delete the container including the directory in your appdata, reinstall it from the CA App and then put your Saves (and also probably your config files) back in the new container <- of course you have to stop the new container first.

49 minutes ago, skonect said:

we have 1 file missing its the servertest_spawnregions.LUA whiteout this .LUA we can't choose the spawn point that we want and idk how to fix this do you have a solution?

Sorry but I can't do anything if this file is missing, the files are downloaded through SteamCMD and if the file is missing it's simply not provided from the developers through SteamCMD.

You can also look at this post on Reddit here since it is the first result when I search only for the filename:

Did the DayZ container get borked since the latest DayZ Experimental build?

My server gets to this point but not able to connect to it anymore.

image.thumb.png.4d4bf23545822f54a6cab0d711e1cf88.png

//edit

weird - mpmissions folder was missing. Grabbed it from somewhere else and it launches fine

Edited by rigultru
resolved
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, ich777 said:

I'm not too sure about Satisfactory anymore but have you created your server already? Does it save at all?

Have you also looked into: .../appdata/satisfactory/.config/Epic/FactoryGame/Saved/SaveGames/

Usually after creating the Server (in-game) it should create the save file.

Are your paths also set up correctly on Unraid? If you are using /mnt/cache/appdata/... in the Docker template please make sure that the files stay on the Cache in the Share settings and are not moved to the Array.

That was it... i thought i looked in every directory, but i guess i missed that one...  thank you for the help!!

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Dezaraman said:

Did anyone find a way to patch the memory leak from icaraus.

No, I think the developers should fix that and not the community.

38 minutes ago, Dezaraman said:

Been searching the web and no one has an answer.

This is a common issue even in the official Discord server no one was able to fully solve that issue, the only thing that will help is that you set up a Windows VM, copy your savegame and let it run native.

15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No, I think the developers should fix that and not the community.

This is a common issue even in the official Discord server no one was able to fully solve that issue, the only thing that will help is that you set up a Windows VM, copy your savegame and let it run native.

Thank you so much for your support

• Like 1

Is making a custom server based off one of your tag templates as easy as changing a few -env variables?

For example: If I have used your craftopia server previously and I want to make a palworld server tomorrow, in unraid can I just:

1. "add container"

2. Choose craftopia as template and change the name of the container to "palworld"

3.  Remove the tag from the Repo (eg: ich777/steamcmd:craftopia)

4. Change the serverfile path name to /mnt/cache/appdata/palworld/

5. Input whatever the Game_ID: for the palworld server is? (Ill find out when it is released tomorrow)

6. profit?

I am assuming that since craftopia and palworld are by the same developers this might work?

I have other custom servers I have made this way in unraid like a "yuzu-multiplayer" and a "RTL_433" server, but those are forked from dockerhub and used as is. This would be different because I would be trying to modify a tag from one game to another. But based on your github and dockerhub and the use of "ENV GAME_ID=template" that this could work? But I am asking just for clarification sake, since I wont be able to test it until tomorrow, and If you know it wont work, then I might as well find out now. lol

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, drx said:

Is making a custom server based off one of your tag templates as easy as changing a few -env variables?

Please look at this comment over here:

Did you issue a PR? This won't work what you did, are there already information about a dedicated server out yet?

BTW, I already have a Craftopia container...

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

are there already information about a dedicated server out yet?

No, the game doesn't release until tomorrow, but I noticed someone was already asking if someone was going to build one and I though I might try to spin one up on release. 

From your github, it looks like a game server files are downloaded from steam based on the "Game_ID" that is entered in the docker template. Does a tagless PR not work in this case?