[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Thanks for the jeads up, will look into that.

However I think this is the wrong support thread for the container.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried searching the forum for the support page but couldn’t find it. Then went on to the GitHub page which sent me here.

Maybe one doesn’t exist yet?

EDIT: I see it now, was on mobile before so was more difficult to find. You can update the GitHub page to send to the official thread

Edited by Unraidmule
Found the correct thread

Hi, thanks for your fantastic work @ich777! I was able to setup an Icarus server and it is running perfectly. As my friends and me would like to have a 2nd server I've tried to add annother Icarus Container. I've changed the ports to 27025 and to 17787. I've deleted the existing port mappings and created new UDP ones. Also I've changed the Game Params accordingly:

-SteamServerName="LuigisOpenWorld" -Port=17787 -QueryPort=27025

I've crated a new steamcmd folder:

/mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd2

and for the server files:

/mnt/disk2/appdata/icarus2

Sadly, when I start the server it ends up with:

[2024.01.10-00.03.32:542][  1]IcarusOSSLog: Error: OnResUserTicket : No player found

And the server is not listed and does not show up.

I've deleted all the files and started from scratch several times. I don't know what I'm missing, do you know what is wrong?

Again many thanks and all the best,

Max

9 hours ago, maxzeichen said:

As my friends and me would like to have a 2nd server I've tried to add annother Icarus Container. I've changed the ports to 27025 and to 17787. I've deleted the existing port mappings and created new UDP ones.

I will look into that in the next few days.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, maxzeichen said:

do you know what is wrong?

I've set it up like that:

grafik.png.9eb9cf08f7191d4c0dc52ba7e56fb6f6.png

It is listed on the server list and working as expected, are you sure that you've created UDP ports in the template and not TCP ports (by default they are TCP)?

Please also open up the log and see if you can spot these line which tells you the port:

grafik.thumb.png.06bcb5dc9f04e80dccf7f361db02efab.png

It should list the port that you've specified in the GAME_PARAMS.

BTW, please be aware that some users reported to me that if you play for a longer period of time on the server that it crashes often, but I'm not too sure if that isn't already fixed by the developers.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I've set it up like that:

grafik.png.9eb9cf08f7191d4c0dc52ba7e56fb6f6.png

It is listed on the server list and working as expected, are you sure that you've created UDP ports in the template and not TCP ports (by default they are TCP)?

Please also open up the log and see if you can spot these line which tells you the port:

grafik.thumb.png.06bcb5dc9f04e80dccf7f361db02efab.png

It should list the port that you've specified in the GAME_PARAMS.

BTW, please be aware that some users reported to me that if you play for a longer period of time on the server that it crashes often, but I'm not too sure if that isn't already fixed by the developers.

Hey, thanks for looking into it. I m pretty sure that I've followed the instructions. One question:

"UDP ports in the template" by template you mean, inside the config I click on "+ Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device" and create the two new UDP Ports, correct?

Hope that it is okay, I've done several screenshots:

1046531473_Bildschirmfoto2024-01-10um14_59_52.thumb.png.7c2786fcaea47e7113ef6d36c2f987d6.png

1433001481_Bildschirmfoto2024-01-10um15_00_27.thumb.png.f7bea8edf79edbe1c75f22d4ded1cdd2.png

748348852_Bildschirmfoto2024-01-10um15_00_45.thumb.png.a06d45ee2b55ee743b7f68455ef8fea4.png

2000319978_Bildschirmfoto2024-01-10um14_59_31.thumb.png.25e4d72f81d01005efd2e7d49d61fb45.png

All the best,

Max

45 minutes ago, maxzeichen said:

"UDP ports in the template" by template you mean, inside the config I click on "+ Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device" and create the two new UDP Ports, correct?

Yes.

That's odd, I really don't know why yours is not showing up but mine is (I only set up one server with a different port than the default one), maybe the developers have a limitation so that only one server shows up in the server list for one public IP <- this is of course an assumption...

But from what I see from your screenshots everything seems correct.

However I tried also to connect and it is working as expected.

Hey,

strange, is it to much to ask if you could start a 2nd server, just for testing, and see if you have the same behavior?

No worries if not possible, I'll ask the developers, would just be great to have it tested in two separated environments.

Thanks again for your effort and the support!

All the best,

Max

7 minutes ago, Logidroid said:

Hello, I don't understand how to add a custom campaign in .WAD with modification files in .PK3 😕

I assume this is Zandronum correct?

Usually you just load the WAD file or the pk3 file, however I'm far from an expert on Zandronum since I did this dedicated server on request.

It is working just fine if you simply load a WAD file.

• Like 1

Hey just had a quick question in regards to the terraria docker, I am trying to boot it up but I am unsure if other steps need to be taken, I have ensured that it is port forwarding on my router, however, my friends are unable to connect to it. I am able to connect to it via on my local network using the ip and port it is giving me, but I am unsure why they cannot. 

I'm messing around with a RedM server - when I connect to the server, it's just a black screen with the RedM version number at the bottom right.

Is there further configuration to do for these servers? I was hoping to just get a private vanilla instance of RDR2 running.

image.thumb.png.3000ff65483a49afe396bde45069adaa.png

3 hours ago, zan335 said:

I am trying to boot it up but I am unsure if other steps need to be taken, I have ensured that it is port forwarding on my router, however, my friends are unable to connect to it.

This is a bit too less information, did you change anything in the Docker template?

What ports did you forward? Please double check if the protocol is correct.

How does the NAT look like for Terraria in your router?

With what IP do your friends try to connect?

Do you have other services available that are accessible from outside?

3 hours ago, rigultru said:

I was hoping to just get a private vanilla instance of RDR2 running.

But this is then only the map without anything else since you have to set up your own missions AFAIK.

3 hours ago, rigultru said:

when I connect to the server, it's just a black screen with the RedM version number at the bottom right.

Do you get anything in the log from the container itself?

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

I will try this in the next few days (and I hope I don't forget about that), my schedule is a bit complicated currently.

Hey @ich777, the server is now reachable 🐵 the message still occurs, but I'm able to connect anyway. I bet something was wrong with the ports in my previous tries.

So all good, again thanks for your help and have a great time,

Max

• Like 1
14 hours ago, ich777 said:

I assume this is Zandronum correct?

Usually you just load the WAD file or the pk3 file, however I'm far from an expert on Zandronum since I did this dedicated server on request.

It is working just fine if you simply load a WAD file.

Yes this is Zandronum, maybe the official Zandronum discord could help me on this subject no ?

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

But this is then only the map without anything else since you have to set up your own missions AFAIK.

Do you get anything in the log from the container itself?

I figured out the black screen...had to actually run RDR2 once to install the rockstar launcher and vc++ redis.

Thanks for container - I'll have to do some more reading on how to customize a RedM server.

• Like 1
On 10/4/2023 at 1:14 PM, ich777 said:

This game was designed without Linux in mind and won't work on Linux.

There is a different branch available in my repository for CoreKeeper: Click

This is mainly caused because it needs other start parameters and the application is located else where.

I'm assuming you don't use Unraid correct? If you are using Unraid I have for each branch a template in the CA App for easy installation on Unraid.

In every branch there should be a run example for each game, hope that helps.

Hi ich777, apologies for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for your reply that has been super useful. 

No I'm not using Unraid but I see now the different branches and their examples in github and it was exactly what I needed. 

Many thanks.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Hansa said:

Now when your CsSource container have been discontinued is there any other way to run CsSource?

I'm not sure what you are talking about:

grafik.png.b40f3005141b8212219f2570ed4f4910.png

My CSSource container is not discontinued, it's available as usual.

I think you are talking about CS:GO correct?

In the case for CS:GO you would need to pull an old depot AFAIK, but I haven't looked into that yet.

There may be a few tutorials out there and they should be compatible with my containers too, just take the CS2 container and customize it.

18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I'm not sure what you are talking about:

grafik.png.b40f3005141b8212219f2570ed4f4910.png

My CSSource container is not discontinued, it's available as usual.

I think you are talking about CS:GO correct?

In the case for CS:GO you would need to pull an old depot AFAIK, but I haven't looked into that yet.

There may be a few tutorials out there and they should be compatible with my containers too, just take the CS2 container and customize it.

Strange..

This is what i get when open up Apps, CSSource installed...

Click on the info and get the next pic..

And then action centre says Deprecated....

// Hans

cssource2.jpg

cssource1.jpg

cssource3.jpg

5 minutes ago, Hansa said:

And then action centre says Deprecated....

I think this is caused because both containers are using the master or better speaking latest branch and CS:GO was deprecated in favour to CS2.

However, it is safe to ignore that since it is actually CS:GO what was deprecated.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think this is caused because both containers are using the master or better speaking latest branch and CS:GO was deprecated in favour to CS2.

However, it is safe to ignore that since it is actually CS:GO what was deprecated.

Ok, thanks for the answer!

I just ignore it then.

Any way to really ignore it so action centre dont pick it up as an error?

Best regards

// Hans

Edited by Hansa
3 minutes ago, Hansa said:

Any way to really ignore it so action centre dont pick it up as an error?

I'm not sure.

@Squid I can change the container so that it doesn't share the same base image or do you want to put that on your Todo list and extend CA?