[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

ich777, im having trouble getting your rcon plugin to connect to my palworld server. I can connect just fine with arrcon on windows

this error is returned

Peer: connection closed

(process:31882): GLib-CRITICAL **: 07:08:34.464: g_byte_array_remove_range: assertion 'index_ + length <= array->len' failed

5 minutes ago, sage2050 said:

this error is returned

This is a known issue but if you use it like that it should work:

rcon -H SERVERIP -p 25575 -P YOURADMINPASSWORD info

You will get the same error but you can pair it with timeout like that to circumvent that (if you use timeout 1 it should also be enough) :

timeout 2 rcon -H SERVERIP -p 25575 -P YOURADMINPASSWORD info
17 hours ago, ich777 said:

I'm really not sure, please give me a bit and check back in this post in a few minutes, will try to spin up Valheim on my server real quick and edit this post.

EDIT: It is just working fine over here on a Intel i5-10600:

grafik.thumb.png.cff74ba2bb633645b432c4d931fb8654.png

just thought i'd come back to this, 

after i enabled valheim plus / bepinex and found that log file - the game server is starting up. 

just seems it never feeds back into the main log files? 

[Info   : Unity Log] The shader Hidden/Dof/DepthOfFieldHdr (UnityEngine.Shader) on effect Main Camera (UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.DepthOfField) is not supported on this platform!
[Warning: Unity Log] The image effect Main Camera (UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.DepthOfField) has been disabled as it's not supported on the current platform.
[Info   : Unity Log] The shader Hidden/SunShaftsComposite (UnityEngine.Shader) on effect Main Camera (UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.SunShafts) is not supported on this platform!
[Info   : Unity Log] The shader Hidden/SimpleClear (UnityEngine.Shader) on effect Main Camera (UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.SunShafts) is not supported on this platform!
[Warning: Unity Log] The image effect Main Camera (UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.SunShafts) has been disabled as it's not supported on the current platform.
[Info   : Unity Log] 01/24/2024 14:24:00: Game server connected

and on another note thank you for your work on all these containers 

1 minute ago, widz said:

just seems it never feeds back into the main log files? 

I thought the container was restarting...? At least I think I was asking if the container was stuck in a restart loop...

If it was not restarting it was most likely the case that it was started.

Yes that's a display issue that I can't do much about, sorry... Sometimes it shows and sometimes not.

Good morning ,

First of all thank you for all the work you do for the community.

I had a question regarding ram/processor usage for this docker.

For a Palword server of 4 people connected simultaneously, does 23GB of RAM seem abnormal?

image.thumb.png.10e6427cdce9f56cdaf2f211ca3f07da.png

Unraid version : 6.12.6 - I5 : 6600K - MSI Z170-A PRO - 32 GiB DDR4

7 minutes ago, Raks said:

For a Palword server of 4 people connected simultaneously, does 23GB of RAM seem abnormal?

Nope, just search for "Palword Dedicated Server RAM usage", keep in mind this is a Early Access game and the developers maybe have to fix a few things in order that the server is running fine.

There are many workarounds out there for preventing this but I don't want to implement a workaround since this can cause corrupt saves and other funny bugs.

However I would recommend that you restart the container once a day to lower the usage but I assume if you build more and more on the map the RAM usage will go up and up like it was back in the day the same for Valheim.

You could also limit the amount of RAM the container can utilize but if it reaches that utilization it will crash and restart, which is similar like if you restart it but this could also lead to a corrupt save game.

I've limited it to 20GB and experienced a crash yesterday with seven players on the server but it restarted just fine and a little progress was lost.

16 hours ago, thauch said:

Hi. Can you make a docker for Enshrouded? The appid for the server is 2278520.

https://steamdb.info/app/2278520/info/

Thank you.

Hello,

I'm currently learning how to do servers like ich777 do. He made a wonderful job of doing all of this and it's something I wanted to learn for myself a long time ago but never took the time for it. I cannot vouch I'll do something as good or not, it will be my first dockers. Once I got something working, I'll ping back. Specially since it's currently Windows Only, that's another pain to do.

I also saw the game says owneronly, where I don't own the game. This will make it even more harder to do.

Before someone jump to the gun, my goal is not to compete with him, on the contrary, I'm communicating with him to learn. The goal is to give him more spare time and allow the community to have more server in the same way he is doing.

Edited by Nodiaque
  • Like 4

I can't get game dockers to work (Valheim and Zomboid) 

I am a noob so please be patient with the fact that I may be missing a simple concept. So I have attempted to install ich777's docker for Valheim and Project Zomboid with no luck. I think that the server is being created but something is wrong with my network configuration but I can't seem to figure it out.

I am able to connect to my Unraid Valheim server, but my friends are unable to. Zomboid isn't showing up at all. Both games are printing "server started" in the log file so I know that it is working to some extent.

I believe I've set up port forwarding correctly, but I could be wrong. Maybe the ports aren't communicating correctly with Unraid.

Most likely I keep seeing phrases related to the Steam API in my Zomboid log:

"[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils004 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded."

"Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Not sure what is happening. I have troubleshooted a few different network configurations, but I don't know where to start in terms of fixing Steam.

Thanks to any and all who respond :)

Is anyone else having this issue with Palworld? I was running the server fine the past two days. I shut it down overnight last night so that my Pals wouldn't get sick and now the server won't start up.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '2394010' already up to date.
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration found, continuing...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---PublicIP in PalWorldSettings.ini found: REDACTED
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
---Something went wrong, can't find the executable, putting container into sleep mode!---

22 minutes ago, dwellerofbog said:

Not sure what is happening. I have troubleshooted a few different network configurations, but I don't know where to start in terms of fixing Steam.

Did you forward the ports in your router/firewall, otherwise nobody is able to join.

Please also keep in mind that a public IP without CG-NAT is required for that to work.

18 minutes ago, zasrin said:

Is anyone else having this issue with Palworld? I was running the server fine the past two days. I shut it down overnight last night so that my Pals wouldn't get sick and now the server won't start up.

Please read this post:

2 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

I'm currently learning how to do servers like ich777 do.

@Nodiaque That's great!  An overall blog tutorial and step-by-step process on creating Unraid docker containers would be super cool to publish on as you learn.  Especially if we can get an article pushed to the Unraid blog like a few other tutorials I've seen (like Valheim, etc).  I'd also love to take a crack at this myself in the future, and I'm sure others would love to contribute as well.

Any documentation or tutorials on making docker containers for Unraid that you can recommend @ich777?

17 minutes ago, emub said:

Isn't that a windows only server app?

image.png.ca687f431bb7622de86245fe4928d43e.png

Yes but you can run it in windows emulator like other game does. They did say that a linux version will become available later.

5 minutes ago, Zalszibar said:

@Nodiaque That's great!  An overall blog tutorial and step-by-step process on creating Unraid docker containers would be super cool to publish on as you learn.  Especially if we can get an article pushed to the Unraid blog like a few other tutorials I've seen (like Valheim, etc).  I'd also love to take a crack at this myself in the future, and I'm sure others would love to contribute as well.

Any documentation or tutorials on making docker containers for Unraid that you can recommend @ich777?

A tutorial is currently out of scope. How to create a container for unraid, there's already many post on that. Now the specific of the steam container ich777 created is a trial and error at each new container because each game is different.

He helped me understand how the container work specially since I never really worked with Docker to begin with (outside of using already available docker). I'm nearly done with the creation of the one I'm doing right now and well be ready to test with my friend who own the game.

I'm having a strange issue with my palworld server. All users report that they are unable to climb jump. When climbing, the player is teleported/falls to the bottom of the wall once they use the jump. I tested this over LAN and the issue persists. RTT 5-20ms, jitter less than 4ms. Any ideas? It feels like it must be a lag issue but 5-20ms seems reasonably low.

Hello quick question, everytime I restart the container the permissions on the steamcmd folder and palworld folder in my appdata share reset to drwxrwx--- and I have to set them back to drwxrwxrwx for the container to work. This is probably solved very easily but I am still pretty new to unraid, so I was wondering how I could fix this.