[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, ich777 said:

I assume your World is named Zocky and presumable the dedicated server checks if that file is there and if there are any mods specified in the file.

Do you maybe have Validatie set to true in the template? If yes, please disable that, this will prevent that behavior.

Finally, i got it 😀

the guides want you to add the workshop folder inside your galaxie

appdata/avorion/galaxies/yourgalaxyname/workshop

but this did not work

after i created the workshop folder in appdata/avorion/workshop/

and added modLocation = "workshop" to the modconfig.lua

the server startet download mods

image.png

Edited by vollekanne
  • Like 1

Hello, having some problems trying to load a s erver I had running from before. Wanted some help if I could =] VRisingServer.log copied a save I had from a v2 to v3 I had a worry that the versions would be incompatible from the beginning but wanted to confirm that, that was the case and see if it was salvageable maybe. Thanks, much appreciated!

• Like 1

Hi i am trying to get Ark running  but i cant get it over this state:

---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

I got it working a while ago but now i cant get it to start again. I deleted everything and did a fresh install as well. All the ports are set and steam guard disabled any help would be great 
thx :)

2 minutes ago, ichundmeinbrain said:

---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

I got it working a while ago but now i cant get it to start again. I deleted everything and did a fresh install as well. All the ports are set and steam guard disabled any help would be great 
thx :)

Which version?  SE or SA?   So far, that looks 100% normal.
You said you cleared everything, but did you also delete the steamcmd directory?

• Like 1

I am very new to unraid. I currently have Valheim, Enshrouded and Vrising dockers. The only one that I cannot get to work is Vrising. I have made sure that my ports are open that should be, my steam sign in is correct etc. Basically, the same stuff I did for the other two dockers. There must be something else I am supposed to be doing in order to get the server to work that is not an option and or selection, maybe something like adding variables or something?

1 hour ago, ichundmeinbrain said:

Because you actually have to wait, as mentioned in the description from the container:

grafik.thumb.png.e2390788093e3e1db4b4050cf0dabfb0.png

Depending on your Internet connection it can take some time because even the dedicated servers from ARC are huge in terms of size.

20 hours ago, Lazlo192 said:

Hello, having some problems trying to load a s erver I had running from before.

Sorry but I really can't help here, usually you have to put everything into: .../vrising/save-data/ (you actually have to look how the file structure is in there because I don't know if the Windows file structure is the same.

Also make sure to first stop the container before editing or copying files.

1 hour ago, sickntired said:

There must be something else I am supposed to be doing in order to get the server to work that is not an option and or selection, maybe something like adding variables or something?

No, the all my containers should work right OOB without you having anything to do.

You have to be a bit more precise what's not working.

Logs would help, how do you try to connect, with your local IP or your WAN IP, with the in game server browser or the Steam Server Browser, do you have any screenshots from the errors, did you change anything in the templates or the config files?

BTW: I don't maintain a Enshrouded container.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Because you actually have to wait, as mentioned in the description from the container:

grafik.thumb.png.e2390788093e3e1db4b4050cf0dabfb0.png

Depending on your Internet connection it can take some time because even the dedicated servers from ARC are huge in terms of size.

thanks for your reply thing is 24 h and still no change and i havea very good connection :/

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, dlchamp said:

Which version?  SE or SA?   So far, that looks 100% normal.
You said you cleared everything, but did you also delete the steamcmd directory?

thanks for your reply SE and yes i tripple checked to delete it as well

Edited by ichundmeinbrain
4 minutes ago, ichundmeinbrain said:

thanks for your reply thing is 24 h and still no change and i havea very good connection :/

Any logs or Screenshots?

Did you change anything in the template (screenshots)?

Did you specify somewhere credentials?

On what Unraid version are you?

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Any logs or Screenshots?

Did you change anything in the template (screenshots)?

Did you specify somewhere credentials?

On what Unraid version are you?

this are the docker logs:

image.png.77a7f6a92bcf0a6c08fbff35e77a41fd.png

I did not change anything else
I tried it with steam credentials (yes they are correct) and without
I am on version 6.9.1

7 minutes ago, ichundmeinbrain said:

I am on version 6.9.1

Please upgrade to Unraid 6.12.10

It is most likely the case that this ancient Unraid version is causing the issue.

7 minutes ago, ichundmeinbrain said:

I tried it with steam credentials (yes they are correct) and without

!!! ONLY PUT IN STEAM CREDENTIALS WHEN THEY ARE MARKED WITH THE RED ASTERISK AND ARE NOT HIDDEN AWAY UNDER THE SHOW MOERE SETTINGS SECTION !!!

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, sickntired said:

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

No, the all my containers should work right OOB without you having anything to do.

You have to be a bit more precise what's not working.

Logs would help, how do you try to connect, with your local IP or your WAN IP, with the in game server browser or the Steam Server Browser, do you have any screenshots from the errors, did you change anything in the templates or the config files?

BTW: I don't maintain a Enshrouded container.

Ok, never mind I got it to work. How do I password protect my server though? I also noticed I was not able to choose anything like if it is a PvE server or PvP or any other server adjustment before launching the server? Vrising does not have an option in the docker template like other docker game server apps do for at least password protect for the server?

Edited by sickntired
1 hour ago, sickntired said:

I also noticed I was not able to choose anything like if it is a PvE server or PvP or any other server adjustment before launching the server?

1. Stop the container
  2. Navigate to: .../vrising/save-data/Settings
    Also pointed out here:
    grafik.png.3552666c34b53459a8e67010843885b1.png
  3. Edit the files to your likings and save the changes
  4. Start the container
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ich777 said:
  1. Stop the container
  2. Navigate to: .../vrising/save-data/Settings
    Also pointed out here:
    grafik.png.3552666c34b53459a8e67010843885b1.png
  3. Edit the files to your likings and save the changes
  4. Start the container

Thank you for your time and info, like I said earlier, I am super new to unraid etc. The config files on my actual game on my PC? or is there a way to access the config files via the unraid server?

Edited by sickntired
5 minutes ago, sickntired said:

The config files on my actual game on my PC?

The files which are on your server.

6 minutes ago, sickntired said:

or is there a way to access the config files via the unraid server?

You can edit the files with the built in File Browser withing the Unraid WebGUI or just share you appdata directory and navigate to the folder.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

The files which are on your server.

You can edit the files with the built in File Browser withing the Unraid WebGUI or just share you appdata directory and navigate to the folder.

Thank you again, I had to set up a network drive first and then edit the .json file with text note pad!

• Like 1

First of all thanks ich777 for adding the dockers for game servers and providing on-going support. I've been using a few for a long time now and have had great success. However (you knew there was a but coming), I'm running into an issue where I'm not sure if this is docker related or maybe an unraid setting - hopefully you can help in this matter to narrow down the suspects or maybe even a solution.

I have the V-Rising docker currently running and can connect to it OVER the internet. I played around in the game/server settings to set the server up to my liking and I added all my port forwarding (obviously since I can connect over my public IP). The issue I'm having is that I cannot get it to connect over LAN. When I check the LAN MODE button when connecting via IP in V-Rising it simply times out and cannot find the server. Once I enter my public IP/port or publish my server on the steam list, it shows up just fine and I can get in. I don't like the lag it creates over the internet, so I wanted to get the LAN mode working (for me and the wife) but I'm stuck.

I'm running unraid 6.12.8 with IPVLAN mode and custom bridge enabled (br0) as well as allow access to custom networks for the dockers. All my dockers use br0 except for a few that run in host or proxynet mode. Every single one can be accessed from my computer on the same LAN. One thing that I noticed is that your dockers can only be run in BRIDGE mode not br0, host, etc. I'm assuming that's by design but would be nice if I could switch it somehow - I just don't know how because as soon as I switch the network type, no ports are allocated. However, maybe my problem lies somewhere else. Any ideas?

2 hours ago, sheldon said:

When I check the LAN MODE button when connecting via IP in V-Rising it simply times out and cannot find the server.

Don‘t tick the box and connect with your local IP.

This is for LAN servers only.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Don‘t tick the box and connect with your local IP.

This is for LAN servers only.

I did and it connects with the local IP (thanks for the suggestion!) - BUT when I look at the options screen it still shows I connect via public IP and not local :(

Is there a way to set a flag for LAN server only within the docker? Unless it's misleading and simply just shows me the external IP of the server even though I connected locally...

Edited by sheldon
1 hour ago, sheldon said:

BUT when I look at the options screen it still shows I connect via public IP and not local :(

That's usually what it advertises and not how you are actually connecting.

If you are connecting directly with the LAN IP via it should be the case that you are actually connected through the LAN IP -> IIRC for people where NAT Reflection is not working properly, so to speak they can't connect with the public IP from their LAN, they are actually able to connect with their LAN IP.

1 hour ago, sheldon said:

Is there a way to set a flag for LAN server only within the docker? Unless it's misleading and simply just shows me the external IP of the server even though I connected locally...

This is a game specific thing and has nothing to do with the container.

The developers from V-Rising have made a flag that you can enable LAN only mode (but I really don't know why they need that) however, I think I linked a Reddit post before how to make a LAN only server, but I can't find the link anymore (keep in mind if you do that it is a LAN only server and you can't connect with your public IP from outside, even if you forwarded the ports, at least I think that's how it is working).

Please go to the instruction page here and search for "LANMode".

Again this is a game specific thing and has nothing to do with the container in general.

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 10:13 PM, ich777 said:

You don't have to access /mnt/cache/... you have to fix how things are working on your server.

Please read my comment from above again...

Make sure that your appdata share stays on the cache in the Share settings from your appdata share and are not moved over to the Array, that's it.

as you can see I modify the correct server.cfg but that still does not correct the problem and even if I leave it by default the name has never been Docker Co-Opimage.png.825a4c5985c414ca2a2be8cd9543c60b.png

image.thumb.png.cb6882b4535af19df88f965b3ea67fe5.png

image.png

Edited by Logidroid

First of, huge thanks to ich777, being a developer that gets depression whenever he has to do anything devops related, having unraid and these images with sane defaults is a life saver.

My question, and this might not even belong here, but im trying: Is there any easy way to remotely see how many (if any) users are connected to my game servers? I know like CS2 i can see in a server browser, but Valheim fx doesnt seem to wanna play nicely with steam game browser. I assume there must be something, either in unraid or for these steamcmd servers, but i havent been able to figure something out. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Logidroid said:

as you can see I modify the correct server.cfg but that still does not correct the problem and even if I leave it by default the name has never been Docker Co-Op

Sorry but I really can't replicate that over here:

grafik.thumb.png.9ce29b9de01007c321c9623185db10ed.png

I even made a funny test:

grafik.thumb.png.edbf2fdd148fd0de8d53dc87c03933da.png

...and everything is working fine over here.

Can you please try to delete the container, then delete the svencoop folder which lives in your appdata directory (please check both /mnt/user/appdata/ and /mnt/cache/appdata) <- my suspicion is that you have files in both directories and that's why it gets confused.