[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hello @ich777,

I hope you are keeping well.

I am just trying to create a Valheim server and for some reason my server appears to be looping. I haven't changed any settings other than the server name, password, and validate installation = true. My appdata sharing is set to cache=prefer.

It seems to keep saying "---Update check deprecated!---".

Any ideas? Thank you as always.

Zee

Attached Valheim logs:

valheim server log download.txt

8 hours ago, Zee-Unraid said:

I am just trying to create a Valheim server and for some reason my server appears to be looping.

Please post a screenshot from your template.

On what Unraid version are you? How long is your password and of which characters does it consist (I only recommend using upper-/lowercase letters and numbers), please make sure it is at least 6 characters long. Please post your Diagnostics too.

8 hours ago, Zee-Unraid said:

validate installation = true

Please turn this setting to false, this is only meant if you have issues updating the server.

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please post a screenshot from your template.

On what Unraid version are you? How long is your password and of which characters does it consist (I only recommend using upper-/lowercase letters and numbers), please make sure it is at least 6 characters long. Please post your Diagnostics too.

Please turn this setting to false, this is only meant if you have issues updating the server.

Attached screenshots & anonymised diagnostic files as requested.

Latest version 6.11.5.

Removed validation=true, no change.

Thank you

image.png

image.png

diagnostics-20230309-1749.zip

Edited by Zee-Unraid
51 minutes ago, Zee-Unraid said:

Thank you

Sorry, I really can't reproduce this on my server:

grafik.thumb.png.eeb9a4928fd1927823ebdd94687602c0.png

Please try the following:

1. Remove the container
  2. Remove the valheim folder which is located in your appdata folder
  3. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App from the container
  4. Leave everything as it is and click Apply
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

1. Remove the container

Thanks, at least it is not something I am doing wrong knowingly!

I have done steps 1-4 above, and it appears to do the same thing.

I've attached the unraid logs, as it appears to write to them (repeating) over and over, when the Docker is trying to boot up. 

Edit: The Valheim app data folder just has "Backups" (empty) and nothing else/ other files.

console logs.txt latest docker logs.txt

Edited by Zee-Unraid
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

1. Remove the container

Could you try yours without Valheim Plus please @ich777?

Added some more console logs if that's helpful.

I also have an additional screenshot from the Docker log saying it cannot locate the valheim_server.x86_64: No such file or directory.

image.thumb.png.1f55c5b1f8274a7468249a87c93812c6.png

more unraid console logs.txt

Edited by Zee-Unraid
1 hour ago, Zee-Unraid said:

In addition to the above, I also found another user (@Turb0x3r) who had a similar issue, but he was simply doing an update @ich777:

This is a old thread that you've linked and was solved by doing the exact thing that I've recommended to you another user has had also that issue and it was also resolved doing that.

Have you yet tried to

51 minutes ago, Zee-Unraid said:

I also have an additional screenshot from the Docker log saying it cannot locate the valheim_server.x86_64: No such file or directory.

I think there is going something else on with your server, have you yet tried to reboot your server?

Is the valheim_server.x86_64 binary in the valheim directory on your server?

A user reported already a similar issue and the ultimate cause was that his Docker image was corrupt.

EDIT: Sure thing here is the log, I even downloaded a fresh copy from the game and left everything in the template at default: valheim.log

16 minutes ago, Tweak91 said:

how do i add mods to harsh doorstop

Like you would to a normal dedicated server, download the mod and put it in the Mod folder, after that restart the container, you maybe also have to edit the start up parameters...

Keep in mind, I only provide the basic functionality from the game server with my Docker containers, I usually don't give support for modding in general because I don't and can't know how each game handles mods and how the mods are all working...

17 hours ago, ich777 said:

Like you would to a normal dedicated server, download the mod and put it in the Mod folder, after that restart the container, you maybe also have to edit the start up parameters...

Keep in mind, I only provide the basic functionality from the game server with my Docker containers, I usually don't give support for modding in general because I don't and can't know how each game handles mods and how the mods are all working...

is there away you could get a working fallout 4 online mod or somthing

On 3/9/2023 at 3:03 PM, Zee-Unraid said:

Hi @Turb0x3r

Did you manage to solve your issue please?

Thank you!

For some really weird reason it never did pull an update. The newest patch that rolled out a few months back seems to work with the container even when I never saw an update rolled out. I run vanilla with no mods whatsoever. 

Hello,

So I have been running a valheim server with the docer image for a while now and just found out about valheim plus and wanted to use it. In the logs I do get confirmation that the server started with valheim plus but the issue I am running into is when I connect after I made changes in the config it doesn't appear to apply in game. I can also connect with a vanilla client without having the version check kick me out.

I have cleared my valheim docker folder and have done a fresh install but just cannot get valheim plus to work. Is there a step that I am missing or something I need to enable in order to get this to work?

Thanks

Edit****

Found issue with today's valheim patch that causes valheim plus to stop working and have no effect on the game.

Edited by Nspringer
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Nspringer said:

I can also connect with a vanilla client without having the version check kick me out.

Can you please share a screenshot form your template?

Are you also stopping the container first, edit the files and then finally start the container again?

Do you have a cache drive installed? To what is your appdata share set in terms of Use Cache?

So basically ValheimPlus needs to be updated to support Valheim again, correct?

On 3/9/2023 at 8:52 PM, ich777 said:

This is a old thread that you've linked and was solved by doing the exact thing that I've recommended to you another user has had also that issue and it was also resolved doing that.

Have you yet tried to

I think there is going something else on with your server, have you yet tried to reboot your server?

Is the valheim_server.x86_64 binary in the valheim directory on your server?

A user reported already a similar issue and the ultimate cause was that his Docker image was corrupt.

EDIT: Sure thing here is the log, I even downloaded a fresh copy from the game and left everything in the template at default: valheim.log

Hi @ich777,

Apologies for only just getting back to you on this topic. I wanted to let you know that deleting my steamcmd folder in my AppData and forcing a fresh download of SteamCMD seems to have solved it. No directories or files were being downloaded in the Valheim folder other than "Backup" and coupled with the error in the Docker log saying "cannot locate the valheim_server.x86_64: No such file or directory.", I suspected something could have gone wrong here/ corrupt steamcmd files and it appears to have fixed it.

At least this might be another option for you to recommend to other users having a similar issue and is a viable option to try for the future. 

Thanks for all your help as always!

Zee

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Can you please share a screenshot form your template?

Are you also stopping the container first, edit the files and then finally start the container again?

Do you have a cache drive installed? To what is your appdata share set in terms of Use Cache?

So basically ValheimPlus needs to be updated to support Valheim again, correct?

Yes, it appears that is the case.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Turb0x3r said:

For some really weird reason it never did pull an update. The newest patch that rolled out a few months back seems to work with the container even when I never saw an update rolled out. I run vanilla with no mods whatsoever. 

Hi @Turb0x3r,

For me I fixed it by deleting my steamcmd folder and it worked, see below. Not sure if this will work for you or you maybe have a different issue, but your error logs seemed similar to mine. You can create a copy of your steamcmd folder first if you wish by simply renaming it " copy" at the end and a new steamcmd folder and files will be redownloaded.

16 hours ago, Zee-Unraid said:

Hi @ich777,

Apologies for only just getting back to you on this topic. I wanted to let you know that deleting my steamcmd folder in my AppData and forcing a fresh download of SteamCMD seems to have solved it. No directories or files were being downloaded in the Valheim folder other than "Backup" and coupled with the error in the Docker log saying "cannot locate the valheim_server.x86_64: No such file or directory.", I suspected something could have gone wrong here/ corrupt steamcmd files and it appears to have fixed it.

At least this might be another option for you to recommend to other users having a similar issue and is a viable option to try for the future. 

Thanks for all your help as always!

Zee

Hi @ich777,

I am trying to also add the -console GAME_PARAMS to my -crossplay server to allow me to use cheats such as "fly", but I cannot get it to work.

I saw a YouTube video recently posted where a user was able to get these commands to work, assumingly in single player - but the important thing is that they work on Xbox console. He was unable to solve the debug command though. 

Do you know how I can activate cheats such as "fly" in my crossplay server, am I adding it correctly to GAME_PARAMS? See screenshot. I am logged into my Steam version of the game, on my crossplay server, and cannot get the commands to execute? See final screenshot "'fly is not valid in the current context'".

Are you able to get this to work if you create a crossplay server with no mods please? Perhaps I missed something.

Thank you

Zee

image.png

image.png

Edited by Zee-Unraid
17 minutes ago, Zee-Unraid said:

I am trying to also add the -console GAME_PARAMS to my -crossplay server to allow me to use cheats such as "fly", but I cannot get it to work.

The console command is only meant for the client, not the server.

AFAIK, cheat's don't work on dedicated servers (I think this is actually a good decision to not allow cheats on a dedicated server).

EDIT: Please also look here.

• Thanks 1

I've set up a Valheim server and have tried adding -crossplay under GAME_PARAMS. When I have -crossplay added, I cannot connect via internal IP from either my Steam version nor Game Pass version of Valheim. When I remove -crossplay, I can connect through Steam and not Game Pass as you'd expect.

Am I trying to enable crossplay incorrectly? If not, any ideas on how to fix this crossplay issue?