[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

I use most of the times nano or connect through SMB or SFTP to the server and change the necessary files with gedit <- but that would also work with the default Editor or Notepad++ (...and yes, I'm a pure Linux user <- Debian to be precise and even use to play games on it... :D TBH I have Windows installed on a external drive too for VR and 3D modelling in Fusion 360).

Can you set appdata as an external share & map it as a network share? Thats what i do on my primary win based pc. still need credentials for access but it allows me direct file access & makes my life easier.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I use most of the times nano or connect through SMB or SFTP to the server and change the necessary files with gedit <- but that would also work with the default Editor or Notepad++ (...and yes, I'm a pure Linux user <- Debian to be precise and even use to play games on it... :D TBH I have Windows installed on a external drive too for VR and 3D modelling in Fusion 360).

My work laptop is straight Manjaro Linux and I love it. My desktop though will stay Windows for the sole fact of gaming until more games or all the games I want to play are compatible with Linux. My laptop will run Arch though I think, not sure just waiting to get it in first.

1 minute ago, ZerkerEOD said:

Arch

Arch is cool but I don't like the rolling releases, I've decided for me that Debian is the best solution for me, not always up to date but rock solid. :)

I'm I minimalism guy in terms of the visuals on my PC since I use XFCE4 and nothing fance... xD

Nowadays it feels a bit strange to use Windows and guess what, these freaking updates when you shutdown the computer, drives me nuts... :P

But as said you need at least one machine with Windows because you can be certain that something is not supported on Linux but it is getting better with every month...

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Are you already on the new version? If yes you have to set validation to true since every time you change the build ID you have to force the validation from the files (don't forget to unset it again).

I did that and still did not work. Also tried new appdata serverFiles folder. Since they don't have a branch available of the older version im beggining to think it can't be rolled back

Edited by HiTman4Reason
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Make sure that your local version is up to date.

The container checks for update on each restart, so to speak, simply restart the container if you want to update it.

BTW I have not seen that there is an update, my server currently tells me this when I issue the info command:

Welcome to Pal Server[v0.1.2.0]

and one player is currently on it playing, so I'm not too sure if there is an update necessary.

Since doing a quick search I can't find anything, is there way to run the /info from the docker commandline?

4 minutes ago, HiTman4Reason said:

I did that and still did not work. Also tried new appdata serverFiles folder. Since they don't have a branch available of the older version im beggining to think it can't be rolled back

Usually you should be able to do that with the command but I'm far from an expert how to download a old build ID and I would need to also look this up.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, nortrix0 said:

Since doing a quick search I can't find anything, is there way to run the /info from the docker commandline?

You can enable RCON, then install the RCON plugin from the CA App and issue RCON commands as already discussed here:

This allows you basically to issue the command from a Unraid console, I would recommend the second command with timeout in front.

PALWORLD ANNOUNCEMENT

Palworld now supports automatic backups.

If you want to make use of the new feature update the container with the "force update" button on the Docker page (with advanced view enabled) and then create these variables in the template:

1. Key: BACKUP
    Value: true
    Description: Can be either true or false and will enable or disable the Backup function.

2. Key: BACKUP_INTERVAL
    Value: 120
    Description: Backup interval in minutes

3. Key: BACKUPS_TO_KEEP
    Value: 12
    Description: Number of backups to keep

(YOU HAVE TO CREATE ALL THREE VARIABLES OTHERWISE YOU WILL GET ERRORS)

In the template it should look something like that:

grafik.png.65277b8c4bc532c581a2f02117a20568.png

Another method would be to delete the existing container (but not the directory for Palworld) and re-pull it from the CA App to get the new Variables, just make sure to write down any custom things you did in the first installed template and transfer that over to the new template.

• Like 2

Are there any examples of how to use bepinex with stationeers docker?  How it will start with bepinex so I can use certain mods on the server?   Really new at this and getting myself confused with what I've found online.  I think I can get bepinex installed, but how do I run the server from unraid to have it load bepinex when starting server?   Thanks!!

22 minutes ago, threadbare-node5157 said:

Has anyone managed to get their Palworld server to appear in the community server list? Mine is up, and people can connect and everything, but I'm not sure how to get it to be listed in the game...

You should look into the server status fist, they are experiencing massive problems currently:

grafik.png.3720be69f80a0d112cd8eda177bbc7d7.png

1 minute ago, Flosstradamus said:

Ah no worries I understand. Hopefully someone else can add it into the CA app and maintain it properly. If I had any clue on how you're able to do it i'd try to tackle it myself ha

There is already a support thread there but it has not been added yet to CA:

39 minutes ago, Glorithan said:

Is there a way to limit the memory allowed for Pal World and are there community recommendations for amount?

Yes, but if you limit the RAM then the container will crash and restart, this could lead to a corrupt save file...

I have it currently limited to 40GB but the highest that I've seen so far with 9 concurrent players was 21GB

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

You should look into the server status fist, they are experiencing massive problems currently:

I still get the feeling that this docker isn't properly reading the PalWorldSettings.ini
The server is ignoring the parameters like server name and admin password.
Also, even if i insert an public ip in the ini file. The docker log shows, the public ip is missing and looks up an public ip.
It does so even if you set it in the env parameter to not look for an public ip.
Is this some selfwritten script or from the game developers?

Am i the only one with this issue?

The connection to the game server works with the public ip and dns too.

But i see in my history the default server name und i can join without a passwort, even when set.

Success! App '2394010' already up to date.
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration found, continuing...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---No PublicIP found in PalWorldSettings.ini, trying to obtain it...---
---Sucessfully obtained PublicIP: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx, adding to PalWorldSettings.ini
---Prepare Server---

Edited by varona
New Question + typo fix
3 minutes ago, varona said:

I still get the feeling that this docker isn't properly reading the PalWorldSettings.ini
The server is ignoring the parameters like server name and admin password.
Also, even if i insert an public ip in the ini file. The docker log shows, the public ip is missing and looks up an public ip.
It does so even if you say in the env parameter to not look for an public ip.
Is this some selfwritten script or from the game developers?

Am i the only one with this issue?

The connection to the game server works with the public ip and dns too.

But i see in my history the default server name und i can join without a passwort, even when set.

Success! App '2394010' already up to date.
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration found, continuing...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---No PublicIP found in PalWorldSettings.ini, trying to obtain it...---
---Sucessfully obtained PublicIP: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx, adding to PalWorldSettings.ini
---Prepare Server---

you are editing the ini from the Save folder, while the container is off?