[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Sali, first of all, I'll tell you that it's great work you do for us. At the moment, 8 people enjoy your work for satisfactory and valheim. But now my question? How the hell do I manage that the satisfactory server leaves more than four clients. I know what I have to enter in the Game.ini and where the config is. But it is deleted from the file every time it is restarted to apply. I don't know if the question has already been asked. I've been searching the thread and others for a while. And unfortunately nothing found directly. @ich777

17 minutes ago, Benjamin Weynen said:

But it is deleted from the file every time it is restarted to apply.

Have you set "Validate Installation" to "true" like in this screenshot:

grafik.thumb.png.23ecdd672dbe9417de6a5d1fc23fd3c3.png

If yes, please remove it, that's the only reason why I can imagine the file gets overwritten.

You've also mentioned you've know what to do but just in case, here is the documentation, it mentions that it needs to bee added on top of the file.

• Thanks 1

So currently trying to get FiveM ported over to unraid via docker from my old VM based one on my VMWare box. I ran the setup and got everything going but for some reason I do a port scan on the bridged interface on my desktop via my local network and I  can't see the ports being opened. 

Pretty unfamiliar with Docker so any assistance would be appreciated. I will note other Docker services show up just fine. I also can't connect via FiveM's Client. Doesn't even put an entry in the list.

7 minutes ago, Milhouz said:

for some reason I do a port scan on the bridged interface on my desktop via my local network and I  can't see the ports being opened.

The ports won't show as open since they don't answer to normal port scan requests in the case for FiveM if I'm not mistaken.

For example Valheim is also a game that shows the port as closed if you let a port scanner scan the ports but they are actually open, they appear as closed because the port scanner doesn't get a answer since Valheim uses a proprietary protocol.

What have you done so far? Can you connect to the container from a client? What does the log say?

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The ports won't show as open since they don't answer to normal port scan requests in the case for FiveM if I'm not mistaken.

For example Valheim is also a game that shows the port as closed if you let a port scanner scan the ports but they are actually open, they appear as closed because the port scanner doesn't get a answer since Valheim uses a proprietary protocol.

What have you done so far? Can you connect to the container from a client? What does the log say?

Can't connect at all. Typing that IP in FiveM has no results. Log for the container looks like it started just fine as far as I can tell but direct connect doesn't even work via IP.

I will also note my key appears to auth fine.

Edited by Milhouz
18 minutes ago, Milhouz said:

Can't connect at all. Typing that IP in FiveM has no results. Log for the container looks like it started just fine as far as I can tell but direct connect doesn't even work via IP.

Can you try to to set the Variable "ConfigFile" in the template to nothing like in the screenshot, this will actually start the container with txAdmin instead:

grafik.thumb.png.f3a56d30c37ae34a7a372fbc3b4b0dcf.png

You should then be able to connect to the txAdmin web panel through: YOURUNRAIDIP:40120 form a web browser.

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you try to to set the Variable "ConfigFile" in the template to nothing like in the screenshot, this will actually start the container with txAdmin instead:

grafik.thumb.png.f3a56d30c37ae34a7a372fbc3b4b0dcf.png

You should then be able to connect to the txAdmin web panel through: YOURUNRAIDIP:40120 form a web browser.

Tried that just now and nothing ever happens in the browser. Just getting a site can't be reached error.

1 minute ago, Milhouz said:

Tried that just now and nothing ever happens in the browser. Just getting a site can't be reached error.

Attaching my config page.

Will also note I cant reach the 9016 port either.

I'm sure I did something wrong but I'm not seeing it as I'm still like super new to Docker.

image.png

Edited by Milhouz
Additional details and clarification.
4 minutes ago, Milhouz said:

Attaching my config page.

Have you now deleted the Variable? You have to set it to nothing, otherwise nothing is changed.

Also I have to apologize, I have forgotten to tell you that you have to create a port in the template like description from the Variable tells you to, like:

grafik.png.b59222b8a73370f2a6d036fc1a6d485b.png

1. Click on: "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device"
  2. From the drop down select "Port"
  3. Set Host Port to: "40120"
  4. Set Container Port to: "40120"
  5. Make sure that "TCP" is selected
  6. Click "Add"
  7. Click "Apply"
13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you now deleted the Variable? You have to set it to nothing, otherwise nothing is changed.

Also I have to apologize, I have forgotten to tell you that you have to create a port in the template like description from the Variable tells you to, like:

grafik.png.b59222b8a73370f2a6d036fc1a6d485b.png

1. Click on: "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device"
  2. From the drop down select "Port"
  3. Set Host Port to: "40120"
  4. Set Container Port to: "40120"
  5. Make sure that "TCP" is selected
  6. Click "Add"
  7. Click "Apply"

So I got the txAdmin pannel working now but in the FiveM client nothing is still showing up when typing in the IP address of my unraid server.

9 minutes ago, Milhouz said:

So I got the txAdmin pannel working now but in the FiveM client nothing is still showing up when typing in the IP address of my unraid server.

I'm really not too familiar with FiveM anymore but I think the FiveM server actually has to communicate with the Master Server that it appears on the list and if you want to join from your local LAN it is actually similar to Source games with the parameter "sv_lan" IIRC.

Isn't it also possible that you enter a IP address in the client to connect?

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I'm really not too familiar with FiveM anymore but I think the FiveM server actually has to communicate with the Master Server that it appears on the list and if you want to join from your local LAN it is actually similar to Source games with the parameter "sv_lan" IIRC.

Isn't it also possible that you enter a IP address in the client to connect?

That's correct, I'm entering the IP in the client and nothing shows up as if the server is unresponsive. I can say doing a deep port scan shows 30120 open but it's not ever showing up ill check through the config.

Quick edit here, the FiveM server is communicating with the master server as the key is being checked in properly.

Edited by Milhouz
3 minutes ago, Milhouz said:

Quick edit here, the FiveM server is communicating with the master server as the key is being checked in properly.

Yes, but I actually think that the server needs to accept inbound connections too. Could be totally wrong about this... :/

4 minutes ago, Milhouz said:

That's correct, I'm entering the IP in the client and nothing shows up as if the server is unresponsive. I can say doing a deep port scan shows 30120 open but it's not ever showing up ill check through the config.

From what I know the server is just working fine since I know a few users that are actually running the container and it is working fine, haven't spun it up in a long time myself because I don't have installed GTA V anymore.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, but I actually think that the server needs to accept inbound connections too. Could be totally wrong about this... :/

From what I know the server is just working fine since I know a few users that are actually running the container and it is working fine, haven't spun it up in a long time myself because I don't have installed GTA V anymore.

I have a feeling it's something Unraid wise as I theoretically should connect. In fact on my VMWare box right now I can shut this server off and start that one up and connect locally just fine. 

The server is accepting connections as it's accepting my key. Just not sure why I can't even connect to the game server. I don't even see it show up in the server list when typing the IP unlike when I utilize the VM.

6 minutes ago, Milhouz said:

I have a feeling it's something Unraid wise as I theoretically should connect. In fact on my VMWare box right now I can shut this server off and start that one up and connect locally just fine. 

The server is accepting connections as it's accepting my key. Just not sure why I can't even connect to the game server. I don't even see it show up in the server list when typing the IP unlike when I utilize the VM.

Actually a follow up, looks like it's just suppppper slow to respond to the server search. Typing in the IP and waiting about 3 mins it finally popped up. Not sure why it's this slow but seems to be good now.

I appreciate the assistance! Next is to figure out your IW4x Container.

Edited by Milhouz
14 minutes ago, Milhouz said:

But you are using a different key for the container or am I wrong?

Every server needs it's own key like it is for Steam games.

That's really strange, have to look this up in the next few days and install GTA V.

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

But you are using a different key for the container or am I wrong?

Every server needs it's own key like it is for Steam games.

That's really strange, have to look this up in the next few days and install GTA V.

You can reuse the key you just can't run two at once but I've genereated a second just to be sure and it has the same behavior at least in their server browser even connecting via IP. 

I'm guessing that it's set to only refresh so often by default.

3 minutes ago, Ynd21 said:

Hello!

I'm having an issue with updating my Terreria server to 1.4.3 - this is available on their FTP (https://terraria.org/api/download/pc-dedicated-server/terraria-server-143.zip) but no matter what I set inside my config, it always downloads 1.4.2.3 and not the new 1.4.3 that was just released. 

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this, actually had a typo in my container.

Container is now rebuilt, please force a update from the container and it will pull the right version:

grafik.png.df0afc711c776192b17e94c2c19b60f8.png

I have a problem with installing MinecraftBasicServer. If I try to run it it displays:

"---Starting Server--- You are not the owner of /run/screen/S-minecraft. ---EULA not found please stand by...--- grep: /serverdata/serverfiles/eula.txt: No such file or directory ---Waiting for logs, please stand by...---"

I hope you can help me with that problem. 

6 hours ago, Rayto said:

I have a problem with installing MinecraftBasicServer. If I try to run it it displays:

"---Starting Server--- You are not the owner of /run/screen/S-minecraft. ---EULA not found please stand by...--- grep: /serverdata/serverfiles/eula.txt: No such file or directory ---Waiting for logs, please stand by...---"

I hope you can help me with that problem. 

That seems like a permission issue or a issue with the Cache.

Have you installed a Cache drive in your server?

To what is "Use Cache" set in the Share settings?

Please post a screenshot from your Docker template too.