[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

@ich777 I am trying to clean up dockers that I don't use for some reason or another, so I need to ask you:

- Current status of ENIGMA-BBS? I remember it had some issues and you would do something (?) about them or switch to some other BBS software (I think we found another alternative, although ENIGMA remains the best probably)... Is it something you gave up?

(this post will be updated if I find more containers you added)

Thanks.

• Thanks 1
Just now, NLS said:

- Current status of ENIGMA-BBS?

In the current state not working, won't run and is not easily fixable...

1 minute ago, NLS said:

I think we found another alternative, although ENIGMA remains the best probably

Yes, I've already tried to contact the developer but no response whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, NLS said:

Is it something you gave up?

No, but currently not much time.

Maybe there are more alternatives available.

I honestly have to say when I don't find any other alternative for it then I will completely deprecate this container.

3 minutes ago, NLS said:

this post will be updated if I find more containers you added

The only container that I also deprecated was jsDOS since they completely changed the way how it works and from what I saw Linuxserver.io released a DOS container that is also more simple to set up and you can run multiple games in one container. ;)

5 minutes ago, NLS said:

Thanks man. Removing BBS (with a bit of retro pain)...

Sorry about that but currently I can't think of a easy fix, at least it should be possible to set up EnigmaBBS in Docker but this can be a real pain from what I've saw in the documentation... :/

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been asked and answered a dozen time already but how do I update the version of Ark being run?  I thought that a docker restart would do it automatically but the log (pasted below) says it's the latest version but the server list in game and on steam shows I'm not on the current version after Official servers were just updated to a new minor version. 

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Success! App '376030' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
Success! App '376030' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered a dozen time already but how do I update the version of Ark being run?  I thought that a docker restart would do it automatically but the log (pasted below) says it's the latest version but the server list in game and on steam shows I'm not on the current version after Official servers were just updated to a new minor version. 

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---usermod: no changes---Checking if GID: 100 matches user------Checking if UID: 99 matches user---usermod: no changes---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---usermod: no changes---Setting umask to 000------Checking for optional scripts------No optional script found, continuing------Starting...------Update SteamCMD---Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'[ 0%] Checking for available updates...[----] Verifying installation...Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation-- type 'quit' to exit --Loading Steam API...OKConnecting anonymously to Steam Public...OKWaiting for client config...OKWaiting for user info...OK---Update Server------Update Server---Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'[ 0%] Checking for available updates...[----] Verifying installation...Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation-- type 'quit' to exit --Loading Steam API...OKConnecting anonymously to Steam Public...OKWaiting for client config...OKWaiting for user info...OKSuccess! App '376030' already up to date.---Prepare Server---Waiting for user info...OKSuccess! App '376030' already up to date.---Prepare Server------Server ready------Start Server---[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

Do you run any AdBlocking software on your network?
Plese try again to restart the container in a few hours, some users report such an issue but is solved automatically whem they try it again after a few hours.
Don't know the exact reason and why some users are affected by this and some not.

Sent from my C64

Sorry if this has been posted before.  Wondering if anyone has been able to get Minecraft Forge 1.17.1 working with the MinecraftBasicServer docker in order to play with mods.  If so, would like to know what I need to do to get it working.

So far this is what I have tried.

I have installed the docker and let it run through the initial setup.  I then downloaded the Forge 1.17.1 installer and ran the server installer. I just installed it to a temporary folder on my desktop.  I then copied all those files over to where the minecraftbasicserver files are and set the Serverfile name to "forge-1.17.1-37.0.107-server".  This server jar file is buried in the "\libraries\net\minecraftforge\forge\1.17.1-37.0.107" folder.  I tried to just copy this jar file into the root of the minecraft server data folder (where the original server.jar file is) thinking that would work but the server never actually starts. Just get "waiting for logs, please stand by..." and then just keeps looping through the below log output.

---Starting...---
---Checking for 'runtime' folder---
---'runtime' folder found---
---Checking if Runtime is installed---
---Runtime found---
---Checking for Minecraft Server executable ---
---Preparing Server---
---Checking for 'server.properties'---
---'server.properties' found...
---Checking for old logs---
---Starting Server---
---Waiting for logs, please stand by...---
[18:24:50] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
[18:24:50] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving players
[18:24:50] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving worlds
[18:24:50] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'ServerLevel[world]'/minecraft:overworld
[18:24:53] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'ServerLevel[world]'/minecraft:the_nether
[18:24:53] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'ServerLevel[world]'/minecraft:the_end
[18:24:53] [Server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (world): All chunks are saved
[18:24:53] [Server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (DIM-1): All chunks are saved
[18:24:53] [Server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (DIM1): All chunks are saved
[18:24:53] [Server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage: All dimensions are saved
Terminated

Any hep would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, Waltm said:

I've set validate to True but it still didn't seem to update the base game.  Are there some files I can remove to force it to reload without removing the entire container?

1 hour ago, Waltm said:

After a few more tries I was able to get it to verify but it is still showing on the server list at the old version and the version.txt file in the ark-se folder also lists the old version.

Please answer the question from above, have you any AdBlocking software somewhere in your network installed or something like Unbound?

If you remove the container that will change nothing, you will have to remove the entire game to actually pull a new update.

Also don't forget to unset force update because this will make the game start times much more slower.

I think it's some kind of network related issue, otherwise more people would have this issue.

Have you yet checked if your client ARK version is up to date? Maybe try to also validate the game files.

5 hours ago, DBone-Unraid said:

I tried to just copy this jar file into the root of the minecraft server data folder (where the original server.jar file is) thinking that would work but the server never actually starts. Just get "waiting for logs, please stand by..." and then just keeps looping through the below log output.

I think that's caused because Forge needs a lower Java version (I think it is 11) than the vanilla Minecraft server (uses 16), you can change the version by simply changing the value in the template:

grafik.thumb.png.bfb506d250f1efe8d781e065e7acdb8f.png

If you already got a running instance of the container do the following:

1. Stop the container
  2. Go to the minecraft folder that lives in your appdata directory
  3. Delete the folder "runtime"
  4. Go to the template, click "Show more settings ..." and change the value from the screenshot above
  5. Start the container

Every time you change the Java version version you need to remove the "runtime" folder.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please answer the question from above, have you any AdBlocking software somewhere in your network installed or something like Unbound?

Sorry, missed this part.  I do run Pi-hole but disabled it to restart the server.  I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I am running a mod map (Alemia).

Sorry, missed this part.  I do run Pi-hole but disabled it to restart the server.  I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I am running a mod map (Alemia).
Try to disable it for at least 30 minutes and then try to restart thr container once more please.
What you also can try is to restart thr host itself.

I'm really not too familiar with modding ARK maybe @Cyd has a clue.

Sent from my C64

18 hours ago, ich777 said:

I think that's caused because Forge needs a lower Java version (I think it is 11) than the vanilla Minecraft server (uses 16), you can change the version by simply changing the value in the template:

grafik.thumb.png.bfb506d250f1efe8d781e065e7acdb8f.png

If you already got a running instance of the container do the following:

1. Stop the container
  2. Go to the minecraft folder that lives in your appdata directory
  3. Delete the folder "runtime"
  4. Go to the template, click "Show more settings ..." and change the value from the screenshot above
  5. Start the container

Every time you change the Java version version you need to remove the "runtime" folder.

Thank you for the quick response.  I followed the steps but the server still does not start.  I tried jre11 and jre15, also for the Game Version I left blank originally but now changed it to "custom" so I am seeing a difference in the log output regarding the jar file but the server still terminates.

---Starting...---
---Runtime found---
---Custom mode enabled please make sure that 'forge-1.17.1-37.0.107-server.jar' is in the main directory!---
---Executable 'forge-1.17.1-37.0.107-server.jar' in main directory found, continuing!---
---Preparing Server---
---Starting Server---
---Starting...---
---Runtime found---
---Custom mode enabled please make sure that 'forge-1.17.1-37.0.107-server.jar' is in the main directory!---
---Executable 'forge-1.17.1-37.0.107-server.jar' in main directory found, continuing!---
---Preparing Server---
---Starting Server---
[18:24:50] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
[18:24:50] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving players
[18:24:50] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving worlds
[18:24:50] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'ServerLevel[world]'/minecraft:overworld
[18:24:53] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'ServerLevel[world]'/minecraft:the_nether
[18:24:53] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'ServerLevel[world]'/minecraft:the_end
[18:24:53] [Server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (world): All chunks are saved
[18:24:53] [Server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (DIM-1): All chunks are saved
[18:24:53] [Server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (DIM1): All chunks are saved
[18:24:53] [Server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage: All dimensions are saved
Terminated

Thank you for the quick response.  I followed the steps but the server still does not start.  I tried jre11 and jre15, also for the Game Version I left blank originally but now changed it to "custom" so I am seeing a difference in the log output regarding the jar file but the server still terminates.

---Starting...---
---Runtime found---
---Preparing Server---
---Starting Server---
---Starting...---
---Runtime found---
---Preparing Server---
---Starting Server---
[18:24:50] [server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
[18:24:50] [server thread/INFO]: Saving players
[18:24:50] [server thread/INFO]: Saving worlds
[18:24:50] [server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'ServerLevel[world]'/minecraft:overworld
[18:24:53] [server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'ServerLevel[world]'/minecraft:the_nether
[18:24:53] [server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'ServerLevel[world]'/minecraft:the_end
[18:24:53] [server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (world): All chunks are saved
[18:24:53] [server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (DIM-1): All chunks are saved
[18:24:53] [server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (DIM1): All chunks are saved
[18:24:53] [server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage: All dimensions are saved
Terminated
From what I see in the logs it once failed to start but after the failed start it looks like it started up properly.
I'm not too familiar with Forge because it gave me serious problems in the past so I switched over to Bukkit/Spigot.

Maybe you need the basicjre (JRE8) in the template? I'm really not to sure...

Sent from my C64

1 hour ago, workermaster said:

It automatically creates a world but we want to be able to select whether we have corruption or crimson and the size of the world. Is that possible in the Docker?

Create a world on your local computer and name it "world", after that start up the Container once (let it fully start), then stop the Container, delete all the files that are in the "Worlds" folder, place the world that you've created on your local computer to the Worlds folder (make sure that it is named "world.wld") and start the container again, you should be now running the world that you've created.

Sadly enough there is no easier solution to this currently...

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Create a world on your local computer and name it "world", after that start up the Container once (let it fully start), then stop the Container, delete all the files that are in the "Worlds" folder, place the world that you've created on your local computer to the Worlds folder (make sure that it is named "world.wld") and start the container again, you should be now running the world that you've created.

Thanks. I will do that. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ich777 said:

I just created a new world and that worked perfectly. 

I did also find a small problem. Everytime I restart the Docker, it resets the world password. We use the same password for all other games that we host so it would be nice if we could use that same password for Terraria. Do you know why it resets that at every reboot?

We also want to run multiple worlds. I have downloaded your other Docker "Terraria-Tshock". I thought that it would be a seperate instance of the game and told it to run on port 7778 instead of 7777 wich the Terraria Docker runs on. But when I go to the WebGUI of the Terraria-Tshock, it shows me that the server runs on port 7777. Do you know if I can run the Tshock version on port 7778 so I can have 2 seperate Terraria worlds going?

Edited by workermaster
29 minutes ago, workermaster said:

I did also find a small problem. Everytime I restart the Docker, it resets the world password.

Where have you set the password and how?

30 minutes ago, workermaster said:

I thought that it would be a seperate instance of the game and told it to run on port 7778 instead of 7777 wich the Terraria Docker runs on.

How have you setup this? What have you done exactly? A screenshot from the second template (full screenshot) would be nice.

30 minutes ago, workermaster said:

2 seperate Terraria worlds going

That's completely possible.

19 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Where have you set the password and how?

How have you setup this? What have you done exactly? A screenshot from the second template (full screenshot) would be nice.

That's completely possible.

Here is a screenshot of the working Terraria server. This is the server that we want to use for normal gaming (for some reason I can't paste screenshots, so I have to put them in Paint first):

I can't seem to get the image to appear here. It is the first screenshot under the text. 

I have set the password by going into the webGui and setting it there. It does work because we need to use the password I set there to login the server. 

Here is a screenshot of the second server. This is the one where we want mods:

See second screenshot.

As you can see, I have set the port in the config to use 7778. But if I go into the webGui of that Docker:

See third screenshot.

Terraria Docker.png

Terraria-Tshock Docker.png

Terraria-Tshock Docker port.png

Edited by workermaster
3 minutes ago, workermaster said:

Here is a screenshot of the working Terraria server. This is the server that we want to use for normal gaming (for some reason I can't paste screenshots, so I have to put them in Paint first):

Sure thing, just press CTRL + V

3 minutes ago, workermaster said:

I have set the password by going into the webGui and setting it there. It does work because we need to use the password I set there to login the server.

That does not work on the server side of things. Stop the container and then you have to go in the main directory from the game server and there you will find a file called "serverconfig.txt", open it up and search for this line and edit it:

grafik.png.cfe062fb889106b8a7045b2afa66d395.png

Save the file and start the container again.

6 minutes ago, workermaster said:

As you can see, I have set the port in the config to use 7778. But if I go into the webGui of that Docker

That's pretty nomal since you only edit the port number in the template, you have to go again in the game directory and edit the "serverconfig.txt", of course I would recommend that you first stop the container and then search for this line and edit it:

grafik.png.57153d1502d5c384c645dd422a6303b3.png

Save the file, then go to your container template, remove the entry for the port number, click on "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device" from the drop down select "Port" at Container and Host Port set it to both the same number that you've entered in the "serveconfig.txt" file like this:

grafik.thumb.png.99d00f4972c2dbabfa84b2588b6ef886.png

Click on "Add" and "Apply" in the template now you should be able to connect to port number 7778.

18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sure thing, just press CTRL + V

That does not work on the server side of things. Stop the container and then you have to go in the main directory from the game server and there you will find a file called "serverconfig.txt", open it up and search for this line and edit it:

grafik.png.cfe062fb889106b8a7045b2afa66d395.png

Save the file and start the container again.

That's pretty nomal since you only edit the port number in the template, you have to go again in the game directory and edit the "serverconfig.txt", of course I would recommend that you first stop the container and then search for this line and edit it:

grafik.png.57153d1502d5c384c645dd422a6303b3.png

Save the file, then go to your container template, remove the entry for the port number, click on "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device" from the drop down select "Port" at Container and Host Port set it to both the same number that you've entered in the "serveconfig.txt" file like this:

grafik.thumb.png.99d00f4972c2dbabfa84b2588b6ef886.png

Click on "Add" and "Apply" in the template now you should be able to connect to port number 7778.

I have no idea why I couldn't past pictures before but it works now. 

I have edited the files and now the passwords are correct, and I have 2 worlds running at the same time. Thanks a lot for your help!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, workermaster said:

I have no idea why I couldn't past pictures before but it works now. 

I have edited the files and now the passwords are correct, and I have 2 worlds running at the same time. Thanks a lot for your help!

Glad to hear that everything is working now. :)