[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

That seems like a permission issue or a issue with the Cache.

Have you installed a Cache drive in your server?

To what is "Use Cache" set in the Share settings?

Please post a screenshot from your Docker template too.

Thanks for the answer. I can send you a screenshot later when I am back home. What I can say tho is, that I use an unassigned device not the array. 

I run the device I want to use on NTFS. Before I used XFS and then I got the error with mode 777. maybe that information can be helpful as wel. 

55 minutes ago, Rayto said:

I run the device I want to use on NTFS.

I really don't recommend that you use a Windows filesystem for my containers and I simply can't help with that.

What I can say tho is, that I use an unassigned device not the array.

Have you modified the path for the container in the template to the right disk?

Before I used XFS and then I got the error with mode 777.

What do you mean with that?

I also run a few game servers with files on a disk (XFS) that is mounted through Unassigned Devices without a problem.

You don't need to chmod anything or set the permissions because the container should do that for you and I can imagine that when the files are on a NTFS disk that this wont work properly.

30 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I really don't recommend that you use a Windows filesystem for my containers and I simply can't help with that.

Have you modified the path for the container in the template to the right disk?

What do you mean with that?

I also run a few game servers with files on a disk (XFS) that is mounted through Unassigned Devices without a problem.

You don't need to chmod anything or set the permissions because the container should do that for you and I can imagine that when the files are on a NTFS disk that this wont work properly.

Okay so I’ll change it to xfs later again if it is better. If I get a problem again then, I’ll screenshot it, it’s better to do so than just write it down for the best help. 

Just now, Rayto said:

Okay so I’ll change it to xfs later again if it is better. If I get a problem again then, I’ll screenshot it, it’s better to do so than just write it down for the best help. 

Oh and yes, I did the pathing right. It Leads onto the unassigned disc which participation I renamed to „Minecraft“. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rayto said:

Okay I got it. I just thought maybe I need to do the docker path itself onto "cache/system/docker/" and to save the serverdata itself onto the unsigned ssd I used the path to it while installing "MinecraftBasicServer" and it worked so the docker itself need to be on the cache I guess. At least it works, I'll let you know in case someone else will have the same problem. Thank you for your time and your help.

Edited by Rayto
  • Like 1
On 11/12/2021 at 9:25 PM, ich777 said:

In the current state not working, won't run and is not easily fixable...

Yes, I've already tried to contact the developer but no response whatsoever.

No, but currently not much time.

Maybe there are more alternatives available.

I honestly have to say when I don't find any other alternative for it then I will completely deprecate this container.

The only container that I also deprecated was jsDOS since they completely changed the way how it works and from what I saw Linuxserver.io released a DOS container that is also more simple to set up and you can run multiple games in one container. ;)

What was the DOS Container you saw? i cant for the life of me find it.

4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

There's no instructions.

The instructions for the dedicated server are here: Click

My containers aren't any different than running a server on bare metal with the only dofferemce that everything is automated and also that the path is usually in your appdata directory.

4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

How do you join the game?

You know the dedicated server is in pretty early alpha and you have to update your local client to the experimental build to be able to connect, your UI on your client will look like in the linked post and you can connect by clicking the Server Manager and typing in the IP from your server:

I cant get RCON to work on CSGO.

rcon_password abc
rcon stats
Bad RCON password

in server.cfg its rcon_password abc

root@kapten:/mnt/user/appdata/cstrikego/csgo/cfg# grep -rnw /mnt/user/appdata/cstrikego/csgo/cfg -e sv_rconpassword
/mnt/user/appdata/cstrikego/csgo/cfg/server.cfg:3:sv_rconpassword abc

How do i access the srcds-console inside the docker, so i can verify my rcon-password?

Found the error.... so stupid., wasted 2h!
its rcon_password in cfg. NOT sv_rconpassword.

I found a config online and just used it!

But i would still know if i can access the console in the docker.. :)

Edited by capt.shitface
1 hour ago, capt.shitface said:

But i would still know if i can access the console in the docker.. :)

No, haven't implemented this in the container, is it necessary?

There are so many RCON tools even for Android and iOS out there that I don't think it is necessary to build this function in the container.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

No, haven't implemented this in the container, is it necessary?

There are so many RCON tools even for Android and iOS out there that I don't think it is necessary to build this function in the container.

Not really, but in some situations like this it would have been nice to just type rcon_password in console to troubleshoot. 

Quick question regards the Satisfactory gameserver - I've managed to set one up and can connect to it myself but we can't find a way for a friend to connect?

Unfortunately I've got it on Epic and he's got it on Steam and even though we've both linked our respective Steam and Epic accounts, when I'm in the game and go to invite, while it's saying he is online, he's also greyed out!?!?

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Also I can't seem to find the "session ID" for him to connect to - when I click on it in the "Manage Session" option it is set to "Private" rather than "Friends Only" - I did read that this was a current bug that is being looked into and doesn't save when you change it and so doesn't give you a session ID??

Any ideas??

19 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Also I can't seem to find the "session ID" for him to connect to - when I click on it in the "Manage Session" option it is set to "Private" rather than "Friends

There is no Session ID because this is a dedicated server.

Both of you have to upgrade first your clients to the latest experimental and then you will have a Server Manager like in the screenshots from this post:

Please also keep in mind you hove to also forward your ports in the router so that your friend is able to connect if he is not in your local network.

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

There is no Session ID because this is a dedicated server.

Both of you have to upgrade first your clients to the latest experimental and then you will have a Server Manager like in the screenshots from this post:

Please also keep in mind you hove to also forward your ports in the router so that your friend is able to connect if he is not in your local network.

Yes we are both on the experimental version - initially I added the server through putting in my local network IP address and connected (and it took me through the naming of the session and admin password etc) - does he need to do the same rather than used the "Join game" option (or my inviting him for that matter?) - if this is the case then how do I find out my external IP address for my unraid server for him to add the server? (apologies if this a a VERY basic question!)