[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hey!

I need some help with the assetto corsa docker container, i have enabled assetto corsa server manager and everything is working fine, except for images of any kind as far as i can see.  it doesn't load the directory of the image for example the map.png on the live timing dashboard doesn't load for modded maps aswell as official tracks and the weather icons doen't work either. i have configured a br0 network interface with its own IP. 

Can anyone shine some light on this ? 

I know this has been asked already in the past but do you have any idea if it would be possible to put a container together for Empyrion yet? (I've Googled it but am still not sure whether a Linux based server is possible yet?!?!)

I appreciate you don't do containers for games you don't own but if it is possible I'm sure I could sort something out for you!

:)

Thanks for your effort on these containers, Ich777!

I am now in a pickle with my 7d2d server hosted on Unraid 6.6.6.
It's been a while since me and my friends have played on my hosted server, but we got a new urge to start fresh again now that 7d2d alpha 20 b238 went live. Usually I'd then just backup the current serverconfig.xml (to keep the settings for a future revisit), then change some details like the seed and servername and reboot the docker to have a new map created.

However, this time around it has proven rather difficult, and I'm now facing error messages in the docker log that I haven't experienced before. Here is an excerpt of what appears to be a continously reboot server docker:

[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1639697740
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Loading Steam API...OK

[33;1mPlease use force_install_dir before logon!
[0mSuccess! App '294420' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---SaveGameFolder location correct---
---Savegame location found---
---UserDataFolder location correct---
---UserDataFolder location found---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Found path: /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Loading Steam API...OK

---Update Server---

This log is basically repeating endlessly.

As far as I can remember, 7d2d have had a history of being a bit picky with the serverconfig.xml between certain versions of the game, yet I cannot seem to find any templates for this release on the web. This makes me believe my serverconfig.xml may be alright after all, and that the problem is somewhere else. The log line "[33;1mPlease use force_install_dir before logon!" may be a hint, but I've no idea how to solve it on Unraid / inside a docker. At the same time; If it were a steamcmd-related problem causing 7d2d server not to run, I would expect other steam-game dockers to fail as well, but that is not the case. Valheim, for instance, works as it should.

Would love to get any input on where my problems may come from. If anyone also could provide me with a template of the serverconfig.xml for 7 days to die alpha 20 b238, that would be nice.

Oh and please don't just point me into the direction of that Discord-channel. I tried going there, but got lost in some account claim stuff that I also newer figured out how to solve (trying to avoid rabbit holes all together)

3 hours ago, blodfjert said:

Unraid 6.6.6

Can you please upgrade to something recent?

3 hours ago, blodfjert said:

However, this time around it has proven rather difficult, and I'm now facing error messages in the docker log that I haven't experienced before.

Have you looked into the directory for the container if there are files in it? Is there a file called '7DaysToDieServer.x86_64' in the directory?

4 hours ago, blodfjert said:

This log is basically repeating endlessly.

Yes because I use the flag '--restart=unless-stopped' for the game servers so if a crash happens it restarts.

As far as I can remember, 7d2d have had a history of being a bit picky with the serverconfig.xml between certain versions of the game, yet I cannot seem to find any templates for this release on the web.

Delete the file and set validation to 'true' and SteamCMD should pull a new file for the current version.

The log line "[33;1mPlease use force_install_dir before logon!" may be a hint

No, this can be ignored, SteamCMD added this message because of various reasons, however if you get this message I recommend you to upgrade the container, you are basically using a old version from the container that is outdated, have fixed this about two weeks ago.

Would love to get any input on where my problems may come from. If anyone also could provide me with a template of the serverconfig.xml for 7 days to die alpha 20 b238, that would be nice.

As said above delete the file and enable validation by setting it to 'true', this will pull a new file for your version, also don't forget to turn it off after it pulled the update.

Oh and please don't just point me into the direction of that Discord-channel.

Are you talking about the Discord from @Spectral Force? He helps me out with support for 7DtD but is not that often here around on the forums, you will get help there really fast.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, stevep94 said:

I think I did come across that particular thread when I was looking myself, but the last comment was well over a year ago and I wondered whether anything had changed since!

As far as I know, nothing has changed since then, it would be better to post on their forums since they have to provide a Linux version from the dedicated server so that a container can be created.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your valuable inputs, Ich777!

Since posting I've tried making another 7dtd docker, pulled down the dedicated server files through regular desktop steam on my main computer, and copied all the files into the new container directory. Probably not the correct way to handle this issue, and certainly not working out as i hoped.

Launching either container (original or the new) leads to a new issue:

---Prepare Server---
---SaveGameFolder location correct---
---Savegame location found---
---UserDataFolder location correct---
---UserDataFolder location found---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Found path: /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64
---Update SteamCMD---
Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, scheduling immediate update check
src/tier0/threadtools.cpp (4085) : Probably deadlock or failure waiting for thread to initialize.
Thread failed to initialize

src/tier0/threadtools.cpp (4085) : Probably deadlock or failure waiting for thread to initialize.

---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, scheduling immediate update check

I've tried stopping all the Steam-related dockers I had running, hoping this would somehow release the "deadlock" to no avail.

Now I know my Unraid is getting dated (uptime 603 days, 5 hours and counting). But my issues here and not related to me running an older build of Unraid, is it?

Have you looked into the directory for the container if there are files in it? Is there a file called '7DaysToDieServer.x86_64' in the directory?

Yes, I have the file '7DaysToDieServer.x86_64' in the docker folder. Tried removing it and forcing a validation, but I guess this file was originally added by me manually. Sorry, really cannot remember how this was all set up back in the day.

No, this can be ignored, SteamCMD added this message because of various reasons, however if you get this message I recommend you to upgrade the container, you are basically using a old version from the container that is outdated, have fixed this about two weeks ago.

According to the docker tab, the application is up to date. I did a force upgrade as well, but perhaps removing the docker all together and pulling it down again would somehow get a more recent release?(Sorry for my ignorance, but this has been 'set and forget' on my part, and it's been running so well that I've not even restarted my server in almost two years...)

Edited by blodfjert
9 minutes ago, blodfjert said:

server files through regular desktop steam on my main computer

I hope that a Linux based machine too, otherwise this can't work. I also don't think this will work before you fix all permissions and put everything in the right spot...

Wouldn't it be better to let the container do it's thing?

Have you yet tried to pull a fresh copy from the CA App and remove the directories/files and also the container itself that exist on your current server for 7DtD?

10 minutes ago, blodfjert said:

This indicates insufficient read/write permissions, this has nothing to do with other containers.

12 minutes ago, blodfjert said:

Now I know my Unraid is getting dated (uptime 603 days, 5 hours and counting).

This is a nice uptime but from my perspective you should definitely update your server, also think about the security aspect.

Your version from unRAID is still affected by Heartblead and other vulnerabilities...

14 minutes ago, blodfjert said:

But my issues here and not related to me running an older build of Unraid, is it?

I don't know since it works just fine on my server without an issue, attached the log: 7DtD.log

...and as you can see the server is just running fine and is browsable in the Steam Server Browser:

grafik.png.9f087898785abbd0f325fa4b745823b7.png

I can't tell you what's causing that on your server but the first step would be that you upgrade your unRAID version, I have no test server available with such an outdated version.

Ich777: Thank you!

Just aborted my long overdue bedtime, picked myself by the neck and dragged me back to my office for a bit of late night patching. Long story short; Now running 6.9.2, 7d2d launches like it should, VMs running well, and threw in the latest PfSense update while at it. All good!

I'd replace heartbleed with 'sleep deprevation on christmas eve' any day:)

Happy holidays guys, stay safe and enjoy yourselves!

• Like 1

Hey. I have a problem with my Assetto Corsa Docker. I have not been able to find the answer in here, probably because it's a simple thing 😅 The problem is with my port forwarding. I get this error in the logs.

Is it only port 8081 and port 9600 i need to forward? And is it the ip for my UnRaid i have to use while port forwarding?

Just now, The_Gartner said:

Is it only port 8081 and port 9600 i need to forward?

You have to forward these ports:

9600 TCP & UDP

8081 TCP

That should be enough, please make also sure that you've forward the right protocoll(s) too.

And is it the ip for my UnRaid i have to use while port forwarding?

Yes.

RESPONSE: ERROR,INVALID SERVER,CHECK YOUR PORT FORWARDING SETTINGS
CONNECTION TO LOBBY FAILED, ATTEMPT NUMBER 5

That's because the Master Server from Assetto Corsa can't connect to your server because the port forwarding is wrong.

28 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You have to forward these ports:

9600 TCP & UDP

8081 TCP

That should be enough, please make also sure that you've forward the right protocoll(s) too.

Yes.

That's because the Master Server from Assetto Corsa can't connect to your server because the port forwarding is wrong.

Thanks for the quick response 😁 I found that i needed to enable DMZ settings for my Unraid in my router settings.

Thanks for the quick response 😁 I found that i needed to enable DMZ settings for my Unraid in my router settings.

Don't do a DMZ, you've now successfully put your whole server on the internet and now every port is reachable from outside, please revert this change immediately!!!

1 hour ago, The_Gartner said:

Okay, Do you have any idea on what i can do then? It seemed to be the only thing that allowed my port forwarding to enable?

You have to forward the ports properly, otherwise if you put the server in a DMZ very, very, very, verry bad things can happen and your server will be hacked verry quickly...

You also expose services like Samba to the web if you put the server on the DMZ..

Please look into the manual from the router how you can NAT ports.

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You have to forward the ports properly, otherwise if you put the server in a DMZ very, very, very, verry bad things can happen and your server will be hacked verry quickly...

You also expose services like Samba to the web if you put the server on the DMZ..

Please look into the manual from the router how you can NAT ports.

Okay. Thank you very much.

Hi All.  I successfully setup an Ark server and keep seeing posts about Ark Server Manager.  I don't know much about Ark (My friends wanted me to get a server running) and wasn't sure how necessary this was.   I can't seem to find anything on modifying the server without ASM (Apparently the taming time is really long by default?).  I apologize if my Google-fu has failed me but can anyone point me in the right direction or let me know how best to change things up on the server?

Thanks!

10 hours ago, The_Gartner said:

Okay. Thank you very much.

Hope you are able to solve your issue, this is more related to port forwarding, but once you've figured it out how it works on your router it will be a breeze to configure if you install another game server where you have to forward the ports.

...and please don't use DMZ there are numerous posts about that that servers got hacked because they where put into the DMZ.

3 hours ago, Turrash said:

I apologize if my Google-fu has failed me but can anyone point me in the right direction or let me know how best to change things up on the server?

You can set this in your game settings file or you can do this from within the game from what I've found from my search: Click

Or the file method like described here: Click (if you change it in the file I would recommend that you first stop the container, change the file and start the container again)

3 hours ago, Turrash said:

Ark Server Manager

I think this is a tool only for Windows if I'm not mistaken.

Hope that helps.

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Hope you are able to solve your issue, this is more related to port forwarding, but once you've figured it out how it works on your router it will be a breeze to configure if you install another game server where you have to forward the ports.

Yeah i have reverted it back. I think the router i got from my internet provider is quite bad, so i might look into getteing another 🙂

• Like 1

First of all, thanks for all of your hard work developing these containers!

I'm having a similar issue to the user here a while back with the Avorion server docker. I'm using the default world name, I didn't specify a directory in the modconfig.lua file and have verified that it works fine on the Windows version of the server, and I've verified that it's placed in the ostensibly correct directory (appdata/avorion/AvorionDocker/AvorionDocker). I also verified that the server is running correctly without mods, but it shows the same message (0 mods found in modconfig.lua) that the previous user reported.

I've also tried removing the docker, deleting all of the files from the directory, and adding the docker back 4 or 5 times with no luck, and I'm hitting a wall at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Ks7