[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

6 hours ago, Ks7 said:

I've also tried removing the docker, deleting all of the files from the directory, and adding the docker back 4 or 5 times with no luck, and I'm hitting a wall at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I really can't help with that since I don't own the game and the issue that you've linked was resolved here:

My best guess is that maybe with the modfile is something wrong or in the wrong format.

Hi, I am trying to get an dedicated server for Satisfactory up and running but I am unable to let other players join the server.

I am running the container on Unraid and did not change anything in the template.

I forwarded the ports: 15000(UDP) and 15777(UDP).

I can't change my server ingame to "friends only" and they are not able to join in any other way.

Not really sure what to do next so any tips are great :) It does work if I would play solo but that is not the intention of the server.

Ingame I cant change to ''Friends" when I show the Session ID it says: Invalid Session
afbeelding.thumb.png.25e56bf900405b6d8f170e8618937314.png
afbeelding.png.fb8b67bef3a4385849274bd9238ce5ec.png

afbeelding.thumb.png.0e74d8d17efff21d0e0e3062dcdf635a.png

Unraid Satisfactory docker log.txt

Edited by CappiSteijns
Added docker log
13 hours ago, CappiSteijns said:

Hi, I am trying to get an dedicated server for Satisfactory up and running but I am unable to let other players join the server.

I think you are in the wrong spot, you have to go to the "Server Manager" and your friends also have to use it to join your server, there is no Session ID to a dedicated server, at least not in the conventional way.

13 hours ago, CappiSteijns said:

Unraid Satisfactory docker log.txt

From what I see in your log the server is running perfectly fine.

For further information see this posts:

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

I think you are in the wrong spot, you have to go to the "Server Manager" and your friends also have to use it to join your server, there is no Session ID to a dedicated server, at least not in the conventional way.

From what I see in your log the server is running perfectly fine.

For further information see this posts:

You are totally right. My bad. It works like a charm when they connect trough the tab ''Server manager''.

I know it has been asked already but I couldn't find an answer, is it possible to let them connect trough an custom domain.
I have an own domain and use cloudflare, I got it working for minecraft etc but not can't get it to work on satisfactory. Any tips?
(not sure if i have to change something in the docker template, I set it to a custom network)
afbeelding.thumb.png.da3c9a421bf63b68ce98dc1e4d55097f.png

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CappiSteijns said:

I know it has been asked already but I couldn't find an answer, is it possible to let them connect trough an custom domain.

Give them you domain name and they should be good to go like: yourdomain.org (without www, sometimes they have to append the port like: yourdomain.org:25015 - the port value is only a example).

This is possible because the domain name is resolved by the game and usually the games append the right game port.

Minecraft only uses one port where Satisfactoriy actually use more ports and a reverse proxy often doesn't work for game servers.

May I ask what this screenshot is? You shouldn't need to configure anything other than forwarding the ports.

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Give them you domain name and they should be good to go like: yourdomain.org (without www, sometimes they have to append the port like: yourdomain.org:25015 - the port value is only a example).

This is possible because the domain name is resolved by the game and usually the games append the right game port.

Minecraft only uses one port where Satisfactoriy actually use more ports and a reverse proxy often doesn't work for game servers.

May I ask what this screenshot is? You shouldn't need to configure anything other than forwarding the ports.

Got no one online to test that out right now but I will try!

The screenshot comes from the site Cloudflare. I use that for all my reverse proxy's on my Unraid and for my Minecraft server so people can join trough my custom domain name. Thought I needed to do that also for Satisfactory.
Thanks for all the help and it works if they use my public ip so if I cant change that it's no so bad :)

Just now, CappiSteijns said:

Got no one online to test that out right now but I will try!

As said if the users type in your domain name it should work because the IP get's resolved.

1 minute ago, CappiSteijns said:

I use that for all my reverse proxy's on my Unraid and for my Minecraft server so people can join trough my custom domain name.

I think you are talking about a subdomain like: minecraft.yourdomain.org?

If you have forwarded the ports as usual for Minecraft the players should also be able to connect through: yourdomain.org

2 minutes ago, CappiSteijns said:

Thanks for all the help and it works if they use my public ip so if I cant change that it's no so bad :)

That shouldn't be necessary as said above, simply enter the domain and it should work because yourdomain.org will be translated to your public IP and the game will add the default port, if not simply enter yourdomain.org:PORT. :)

I also don't see a benefit from using a reverse proxy for a game server because they often use proprietary protocols and this could sometimes prevent the server from working properly.

Hope that makes sense.

@ich777 - Is there a way with the 7 Days To Die docker to specify the launch script for the dedicate server?  Is it currently using startserver.sh?  I have no problems with Vanilla, but using the latest UL mod for 7DtD, it requires the dedicated server be launched using run_bepinex.sh to load the correct DLLs for the mod.  I've modified the startserver.sh to call run_bepinex.sh but it doesn't seem to be working to launch.  Just wondering if the container is calling 7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 exclusively?

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

As said if the users type in your domain name it should work because the IP get's resolved.

I think you are talking about a subdomain like: minecraft.yourdomain.org?

If you have forwarded the ports as usual for Minecraft the players should also be able to connect through: yourdomain.org

That shouldn't be necessary as said above, simply enter the domain and it should work because yourdomain.org will be translated to your public IP and the game will add the default port, if not simply enter yourdomain.org:PORT. :)

I also don't see a benefit from using a reverse proxy for a game server because they often use proprietary protocols and this could sometimes prevent the server from working properly.

Hope that makes sense.

You are totally right! They can just connect with the custom domain. Awesome! Thanks for all the help and info :)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, maxwell said:

Hello! How do I download version 1.4.0.5.2 - this is the version that iOS is at, and I cant play at a server that is newer.

I think you are talking about Terraria?

If yes, these dedicated servers are just for the Desktop versions from the game and not for the mobile version.

The mobile version is actually a completely different executable and doesn't run on Linux.

36 minutes ago, icepik said:

Just wondering if the container is calling 7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 exclusively?

The server is exclusively calling 7DaysToDieServer.x86_64, never was a thing to load Bepinex.

If it is really necessary to load Bepinex I could do a modification to the container so that it acts like the Valheim server where it will load Bepinex infront of 7DaysToDieServer.x86_64

But I first would join @Spectral Force's Discord if anyone has done this so far with my container (link should be in his signature, he helps me out with support for Valheim.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I think you are talking about Terraria?

If yes, these dedicated servers are just for the Desktop versions from the game and not for the mobile version.

The mobile version is actually a completely different executable and doesn't run on Linux.

Yes, good catch, I thought I was in the Terraria docker thread. Thank you for clearing that up.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

The server is exclusively calling 7DaysToDieServer.x86_64, never was a thing to load Bepinex.

If it is really necessary to load Bepinex I could do a modification to the container so that it acts like the Valheim server where it will load Bepinex infront of 7DaysToDieServer.x86_64

But I first would join @Spectral Force's Discord if anyone has done this so far with my container (link should be in his signature, he helps me out with support for Valheim.

This wouldn't be a requirement for every version though.  Maybe just an option for the container value that has the default 7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 with the option to change the value to something different?  run_bepinex.sh would call 7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 to start anyway after that script runs.  I'll check in on the Discord channel.  Thanks

I’m having an issue getting the ProjectZomboid container/server going. I’ve left everything in the container as default except the admin password. Reading the container log it looks like the server is functioning correctly. I’ve opened all the ports on my router, but when I try to join from the ProjectZomboid server screen it shows the server as not responding.

Am I missing anything? Will update this post shortly with container logs if needed.

Has anyone encountered any issues with the Satisfactory container not pulling the latest game version? (even though the logs suggest the latest has been pulled).

Is there a way to interact with steamcmd from within the Satisfactory docker to try and force an update? 

I also installed the same container on a completely different server and no difference. Satisfactory is throwing a 'game version mismatch' error:

From the different server (new install):

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 2.67 (120586243 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 6.94 (314071968 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 10.79 (487774880 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 15.19 (686813465 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 19.87 (898567076 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 25.74 (1163915780 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 29.96 (1354779631 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 34.42 (1556748166 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 39.39 (1781451636 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 44.03 (1991436565 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 47.12 (2131001286 / 4522427563)
Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 51.67 (2336568147 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 55.57 (2513281039 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 60.30 (2726960366 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 65.98 (2984071282 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 71.34 (3226146982 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 76.97 (3480813547 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 82.25 (3719792347 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 88.28 (3992280189 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 93.53 (4229697601 / 4522427563)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 98.72 (4464500652 / 4522427563)
Success! App '1690800' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

From the game:

image.thumb.png.028318b64d037ff59f593ce564a6a905.png

EDIT: Hmm, might be a Steam issue; loaded a new version of the dedicated server from Steam directly and it's also not up to date... but would be good if someone else can confirm so I can at least verify it's not just me.

Edited by evakq8r
6 hours ago, HenPo said:

@ich777 Hey there, I have set up a project zomboid docker as you have instructed and it creates server logs and seems to be up and running, however i cannot connect to it or find it in the steam server list. Any idea what I am missing?

Can you post the log from the container?

Have you yet tried to enter the IP in ProjectZomboid? You can also try to search for it in the Seam Server Browser by clicking on Favourites, Add Server enter the IP and Port (eg: IP:PORT).

5 hours ago, icepik said:

Maybe just an option for the container value that has the default 7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 with the option to change the value to something different?

If I make it like this I will integrate Bepinex to the template like I do it for Valheim. I have to first look into this.

Are you already on the Discord from @Spectral Force? Wondering if someone did this already...

1 hour ago, evakq8r said:

Is there a way to interact with steamcmd from within the Satisfactory docker to try and force an update? 

Yes in the template you have an option to validate the game, this is basically a force update, but please turn unset this value after it validated the instance because if you leave it enabled the startup will take much longer.

1 hour ago, evakq8r said:

I also installed the same container on a completely different server and no difference. Satisfactory is throwing a 'game version mismatch' error:

Are you using the expermintal branch or the stable branch? Make sure to use the same branch on the client and the server.

Mostly this is caused because there are basically two versions from the dedicated server out there, the stable one that by default is installed and the experimental one.

If you have AdGuard/PiHole somewhere installed in your network disable it, wait at least 5 minutes and then try to update the container again.

4 hours ago, semicole said:

Reading the container log it looks like the server is functioning correctly. I’ve opened all the ports on my router, but when I try to join from the ProjectZomboid server screen it shows the server as not responding.

Maybe your ISP is blocking some ports?

Please double check the ports and also the protocol.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes in the template you have an option to validate the game, this is basically a force update, but please turn unset this value after it validated the instance because if you leave it enabled the startup will take much longer.

Are you using the expermintal branch or the stable branch? Make sure to use the same branch on the client and the server.

Mostly this is caused because there are basically two versions from the dedicated server out there, the stable one that by default is installed and the experimental one.

If you have AdGuard/PiHole somewhere installed in your network disable it, wait at least 5 minutes and then try to update the container again.

/facepalm... no idea why I didn't pick that up myself; forgot that the dedicated server defaults to EA(also just rechecked the patch notes and somehow missed (EXPERIMENTAL) against the latest version...).

I've added -beta experimental to the game parameters and validated the files. It appeared to download an update, but the game still complains of a mismatch (server doesn't match the client). Tried -beta -experimental, same deal.

I suspect I might need to rebuild the docker container completely as it still thinks EA is Experimental. :(

Edited by evakq8r
5 minutes ago, evakq8r said:

I've added -beta experimental to the game parameters and validated the files. It appeared to download an update, but the game still complains of a mismatch (server doesn't match the client). Tried -beta -experimental, same deal.

I suspect I might need to rebuild the docker container completely as it still thinks EA is Experimental.

That's really strange.

Please double check that also the client is on experimental and validate the files there please.

Don't know what causes this now...