[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

4 hours ago, Blacklistgames said:

Anyone Know how to setup the DST Server, i have followed the instructions but it just loops in the logs with a error unable to find main.lua. and some other errors.

I can't reproduce this error: DST.log.txt

The dedicated server starts just fine on my server, haven't created a token but it starts fine anyways and this shouldn't be necessary.

Do you have a Cache drive installed? If not make sure that your server doesn't split the game files across multiple disks.

If you have a Cache drive installed make sure to set the appdata share in terms of "Use Cache" in the Share settings to "Only" or "Prefer".

2 hours ago, DockerBubba said:

In the past it's never been difficult.  This time, I simply add the container and leave all the settings to the defaults for now (ports, etc.) and after "apply" is does some typical preparatory stuff then gets no further.

I also now tried and have no issue whatsoever, do you run AdGuard or PiHole somewhere on your network?

It seems like something failed with the download of certain files. Are there any files in the '7dtd' folder?

Also here is the log from a newly installed instance on my server: 7dtd.log.txt

Please try to start over by deleting the container and the 7dtd folder that lives in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the Container from the CA App.

21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I can't reproduce this error: DST.log.txt

The dedicated server starts just fine on my server, haven't created a token but it starts fine anyways and this shouldn't be necessary.

Do you have a Cache drive installed? If not make sure that your server doesn't split the game files across multiple disks.

If you have a Cache drive installed make sure to set the appdata share in terms of "Use Cache" in the Share settings to "Only" or "Prefer".

mmmm, i dont have a cache drive how can i tell if its splitting it over multiple disks. if it helps is is the settings used. 

image.thumb.png.be0af6b61639580a3017a6357564a5b3.png

3 minutes ago, Blacklistgames said:

mmmm, i dont have a cache drive how can i tell if its splitting it over multiple disks. if it helps is is the settings used. 

Usually it should not when set to disk1.

You can go to the main tab and see if you appdata folder is spread across multiple disks.

You could also define that your appdata share is only used by disk1 or whatever but keep in mind that you have to change the path im the template depending where the files are.

Some games have huge issues if you define /mnt/user/... instead of the real path.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

You can go to the main tab and see if you appdata folder is spread across multiple disks.

You could also define that your appdata share is only used by disk1 or whatever but keep in mind that you have to change the path im the template depending where the files are.

Some games have huge issues if you define /mnt/user/... instead of the real path.

okay ill try setting steamCMD to Disk1 as well iv just removed all files and redownloading it. hopefully  this will work.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes my appdata is so by adding disk1 should this resolve the problem?

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This should resolve the issue.

Still Getting the same error i have checked all other disks dont see any of the files/folders in them only on disk1. at one point it asked for the token so i added it and then now its showing.

setrlimit: Operation not permitted
Warning: core dumps may be truncated or non-existent
[00:00:00]: PersistRootStorage is now /serverdata/.klei//DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_1/Master/ 
[00:00:00]: Starting Up
[00:00:00]: Version: 490729
[00:00:00]: Current time: Fri Dec 31 17:18:46 2021

[00:00:00]: System Name: Linux
[00:00:00]: Host Name: 3c1646661e9d
[00:00:00]: Release(Kernel) Version: 5.10.28-Unraid
[00:00:00]: Kernel Build Timestamp: #1 SMP Wed Apr 7 08:23:18 PDT 2021
[00:00:00]: Machine Arch: x86_64
[00:00:00]: Don't Starve Together: 490729 LINUX
[00:00:00]: Build Date: 7543
[00:00:00]: Mode: 32-bit
[00:00:00]: Parsing command line
[00:00:00]: Command Line Arguments: -shard Master 
[00:00:00]: Initializing distribution platform
[00:00:00]: ....Done
[00:00:00]: THREAD - started 'GAClient' (694070080)
[00:00:00]: Mounting file system databundles/klump.zip skipped.
[00:00:00]: CurlRequestManager::ClientThread::Main()
[00:00:00]: Mounting file system databundles/shaders.zip skipped.
[00:00:00]: Mounting file system databundles/fonts.zip skipped.
[00:00:00]: Mounting file system databundles/anim_dynamic.zip skipped.
[00:00:00]: Mounting file system databundles/bigportraits.zip skipped.
[00:00:00]: Mounting file system databundles/images.zip skipped.
[00:00:00]: Mounting file system databundles/scripts.zip skipped.
[00:00:00]: [Steam] SteamGameServer_Init(10890, 27016)
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 4 milliseconds to initialize
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 65): SteamGameServer013 / 
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 65): SteamUtils010 / 
CreateBoundSocket: ::bind couldn't find an open port between 27016 and 27016
[00:00:00]: [Steam] SteamGameServer_Init(10890, 27017)
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 65): SteamUtils010 / 
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 322330
[00:00:00]: [Steam] SteamGameServer_Init success
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 65): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION015 / 
[00:00:00]: ProfileIndex:5.13
[00:00:00]: [Connect] PendingConnection::Reset(true)
[00:00:00]: THREAD - started 'Ping Job Thread' (637524800)
[00:00:00]: Platform: 1
[00:00:00]: Network tick rate: U=15(2), D=0
[00:00:00]: Network tick rate: U=15(2), D=0
[00:00:00]: OnLoadPermissionList: /serverdata/.klei//DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_1/blocklist.txt (Failure)
[00:00:00]: THREAD - started 'StreamInput' (633338688)
[00:00:00]: OnLoadPermissionList: /serverdata/.klei//DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_1/adminlist.txt (Success)
[00:00:00]: Error string decoding Steam Net ID
[00:00:00]: OnLoadUserIdList: /serverdata/.klei//DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_1/whitelist.txt (Failure)
[00:00:00]: Token retrieved from: /serverdata/.klei//DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_1/cluster_token.txt
[00:00:00]: Token retrieved from: /serverdata/.klei//DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_1/cluster_token.txt
[00:00:00]: cGame::InitializeOnMainThread
[00:00:00]: Renderer initialize: Okay
[00:00:00]: AnimManager initialize: Okay
[00:00:00]: Buffers initialize: Okay
[00:00:00]: cDontStarveGame::DoGameSpecificInitialize()
[00:00:00]: GameSpecific initialize: Okay
[00:00:00]: cGame::StartPlaying
[00:00:00]: AppVersion::GetArchitecture() x32
[00:00:00]: LOADING LUA
[00:00:00]: DoLuaFile scripts/main.lua
[00:00:00]: DoLuaFile Could not load lua file scripts/main.lua
[00:00:00]: Error loading main.lua
[00:00:00]: Failed mSimulation->Reset()
[00:00:00]: Error during game initialization!
Updates 0Seconds elapsed: 0.139476 fps:0
Saving Dedicated server data...
[00:00:00]: attempt to call a nil value
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
[00:00:00]: attempt to call a nil value
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
[00:00:00]: Collecting garbage...
[00:00:00]: lua_gc took 0.00 seconds
[00:00:00]: ~ShardLuaProxy()
[00:00:00]: ~cEventLeaderboardProxy()
[00:00:00]: ~ItemServerLuaProxy()
[00:00:00]: ~InventoryLuaProxy()
[00:00:00]: ~NetworkLuaProxy()
[00:00:00]: ~SimLuaProxy()
[00:00:00]: lua_close took 0.00 seconds
[00:00:00]: Orphaned unnamed resource. This resource must have used Add( resource ) to insert itself into the manager. 
[00:00:00]: CurlRequestManager::ClientThread::Main() complete
[00:00:00]: HttpClient2 discarded 0 callbacks.
[00:00:00]: Shutting down
src/tier1/fileio.cpp (4914) : Assertion Failed: s_bExit
src/tier1/fileio.cpp (4914) : Assertion Failed: s_bExit
src/tier1/fileio.cpp (4916) : Assertion Failed: m_vecRegisteredWriters.Count() == 0
src/tier1/fileio.cpp (4916) : Assertion Failed: m_vecRegisteredWriters.Count() == 0

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I also now tried and have no issue whatsoever, do you run AdGuard or PiHole somewhere on your network?

It seems like something failed with the download of certain files. Are there any files in the '7dtd' folder?

Also here is the log from a newly installed instance on my server: 7dtd.log.txt

Please try to start over by deleting the container and the 7dtd folder that lives in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the Container from the CA App.

No, it's a pretty vanilla Unraid setup, but this first part of the log (which acts very odd, overwriting itself and not clearing from previous attempts) and it has an error right away: "deadlock "?:

---
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
src/tier0/threadtools.cpp (4085) : Probably deadlock or failure waiting for thread to initialize.
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
Thread failed to initialize
src/tier0/threadtools.cpp (4085) : Probably deadlock or failure waiting for thread to initialize.
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, scheduling immediate update check
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
---

On 8/18/2021 at 10:22 PM, ich777 said:

Stock ARMA 3 server?

Will look into this tomorrow, getting pretty late here.

Heya!

I wanted to ask if this was ever looked into. Went back a few pages to look for any more info but didn't find anything, so I wanted to ask about it again. I may have missed it though, in which case I hope you can point me to it! 

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Looks fine from what I see.

Have you tried to connect through your local IP too?

The fixed IP I was using was already in use haha. That solved the issue for me. I was also wondering if you had any guides on installing mods onto this container.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please double check once more if the protocol and the ports are correct.

Are you trying from your local network to reach the server? Maybe try it from outside.

Have you already tried your public IP.

Another issue could be that you ISP blocks some ports by default.

If you can join locally it's most likely a network issue, as said above maybe your ISP blocks some ports by default without you knowing another thing could be that maybe NAT reflection is not working properly.

Thanks for your help with trouble shooting, turns out my public IP worked from outside my network which i guess means NAT reflection is not working properly? Not so much of an issue.

However, my domain is still not working when the public IP is working, i can confirm that my DNS provider does have my correct IP and other services are working. Do you know if satisfactory just can't resolve domain names?

7 hours ago, HenPo said:

I was also wondering if you had any guides on installing mods onto this container.

Not really, because I only create the basic dedicated server, but it shouldn't be different from installing mods to a dedicated server on bare metal.

8 hours ago, wolfenheim said:

Nturns out my public IP worked from outside my network which i guess means NAT reflection is not working properly?

Exactly.

8 hours ago, wolfenheim said:

Do you know if satisfactory just can't resolve domain names?

From what I know Satisfavtory should be able to resolve domain names but you have to only enter the domain name like: domain.org or if you are using DuckDNS: domain.duckdns.org

I will test this today if Satisfactory can resolfe domain names and report back.

EDIT: No issue here, Satisfactory is able to resolve DNS names.

In my case it resolved my domain name (m******.*t) just fine and I can connect to the server (tested with the experimental branch, but this should not be different to the EarlyAccess branch).

My testing methodology was as follows:

1. Downloaded a fresh copy from the server from the CA App
  2. Forward the ports 7777, 15777, 15000 (all UDP) in my firewall
  3. Disconnected the LAN connection from my PC
  4. Created a WLAN HotSpot with my mobile phone
  5. Connected my PC to the HotSpot
  6. Started the game and entered my domain name in the Server Manager
  7. Connect, create a server and join the server

All of the above steps worked flawlessly.

13 hours ago, Shooterism said:

Heya!

I wanted to ask if this was ever looked into. Went back a few pages to look for any more info but didn't find anything, so I wanted to ask about it again. I may have missed it though, in which case I hope you can point me to it! 

I realise that I probably should have provided more details. Installed the Arma 3 stock container and let it run, everything downloads as expected but the console, upon trying to run the start-server.sh script, produces the following error still:

[0mSuccess! App '233780' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---server.cfg found...
---Start Server---
12:37:29 Could not enable linux core dumps. Error 1 - �
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 54: 71 Segmentation fault ./arma3server ${GAME_PARAMS}

No modifications were made to the container variables and parameters outside of what is required.

Any more insight on this error issue with the 7 Days to Die container deployment:

"src/tier0/threadtools.cpp (4085) : Probably deadlock or failure waiting for thread to initialize.src/tier0/threadtools.cpp (4085) : Probably deadlock or failure waiting for thread to initialize."

It's obviously a rare issue, but a couple of people running Unraid have ran into it, more importantly, on Satisfactory, not 7DTD, so it might be some broader issue.

A friend suggested it might have to do with the optional Steam login fields, but are those ever relevant?

4 minutes ago, DockerBubba said:

It's obviously a rare issue, but a couple of people running Unraid have ran into it, more importantly, on Satisfactory, not 7DTD, so it might be some broader issue.

Can you point me to this threads/posts where people run into this?

With Satisfactory it's a completely different story because this is related to older AMD CPUs who doesn't support some instructions that are necessary on for example the experimental branch.

7 minutes ago, DockerBubba said:

A friend suggested it might have to do with the optional Steam login fields, but are those ever relevant?

Why should this be related?

Delete them if you want to but that won't change anything and will make bo difference at all.

Have you yet tried to reinstall the container (delete the container, delete the 7dtd folder and pull a fresh copy from the CA App)?

Also don't forget to set your appdata share to use cache "Only" or "Prefer".

As said above the container works fine and also on many other systems, this is the first time that I hear about that error on unRAID, maybe @Spectral Force heard of that but I don't think so...

48 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you point me to this threads/posts where people run into this?

With Satisfactory it's a completely different story because this is related to older AMD CPUs who doesn't support some instructions that are necessary on for example the experimental branch.

Why should this be related?

Delete them if you want to but that won't change anything and will make bo difference at all.

Have you yet tried to reinstall the container (delete the container, delete the 7dtd folder and pull a fresh copy from the CA App)?

Also don't forget to set your appdata share to use cache "Only" or "Prefer".

As said above the container works fine and also on many other systems, this is the first time that I hear about that error on unRAID, maybe @Spectral Force heard of that but I don't think so...

Yes, the first thing I did was delete the container, delete the /7dtd directory and it made no difference.

By the sounds of it, it's a steamcmd problem, not necessarily related to your 7dtd container.  With that in mind, if I shut-down the other Steam-centric containers, can I delete the steamcmd directories and try to re-install 7dtd from scratch?  Will that effect the other game servers that use steamcmd?

Waay at the bottom of this thread is where I found a reference to the exact issue:

https://githubmate.com/repo/MitchTalmadge/AMP-dockerized/issues/94

1 minute ago, DockerBubba said:

With that in mind, if I shut-down the other Steam-centric containers, can I delete the steamcmd directories and try to re-install 7dtd from scratch? 

You don't have to shutdown the other containers.

SteamCMD is only used/updated when a container is started/restarted.

2 minutes ago, DockerBubba said:

Waay at the bottom of this thread is where I found a reference to the exact issue

There is something wrong on the system itself it seems to me if you get this error.

On what hardware/unRAID version are you running the game servers?

Have you double checked that all files are on one disk and not spread across multiple disks?

38 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You don't have to shutdown the other containers.

SteamCMD is only used/updated when a container is started/restarted.

There is something wrong on the system itself it seems to me if you get this error.

On what hardware/unRAID version are you running the game servers?

Have you double checked that all files are on one disk and not spread across multiple disks?

There's only one drive attached to the system! ;)

I'll fire-up the other steam-centric containers again and then delete /steamcmd and re-try 7DTD.

15 minutes ago, DockerBubba said:

There's only one drive attached to the system! ;)

Have you changed the path to the appropriate disk in the template?

15 minutes ago, DockerBubba said:

I'll fire-up the other steam-centric containers again and then delete /steamcmd and re-try 7DTD.

As said above SteamCMD is only called when the container is started so you can do whatever you want when all containers are fully started or stopped.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Have you changed the path to the appropriate disk in the template?

As said above SteamCMD is only called when the container is started so you can do whatever you want when all containers are fully started or stopped.

When you choose and run the 7DTD container from Community Applications (using defaults), it DOES manage to make three empty directories, where you would expect them to be, so I don't think it's any kind of disk access issue.