[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Thanks ich777 for you're great job. I tried Astroneer server, but I've a weird connexion. In many case, server seems to be offline, and, no reason why it suddently goes online. Then I connect to the server. I'm on it, but a few moment later if I go to Server list, AstroneerDocker is back offline. If I quit, obviously I cannot go back in. I have to restart the server.

If I add on steam this server as a favorite server, it tells me "no response". So that's not a router or client pb i guess. I'm I wrong? Is there something to add to unraid parameters?

Clipboard 1.png

Clipboard 2.png

6 hours ago, Okkoh said:

Then I connect to the server. I'm on it, but a few moment later if I go to Server list, AstroneerDocker is back offline. If I quit, obviously I cannot go back in. I have to restart the server.

This is currently expected behaviour, since WINE doesn‘t fully support DH encryption (this is also the reason why you have to disable encryption on all your clients).

From my testing you can connect multiple times to the server but this is completely random.

That‘s why I marked it as beta and wrote in the container description that this container is unstable and you have to restart it if something like you‘ve described here happens.

But I also have to say, if you are on the server it is rock solid and it doesn‘t crash even if you play for multiple hours.

But please don‘t forget to save before leaving the server or at least wait 15 minutes (Autosave interval) before restarting the server.

BTW I‘ve also had this issue on Windows that the server seems to be offline but it was running without displaying anything why it being offline…

I‘m not to sure if the Astroneer dedicated server in general is unstable or if it really has to do with the container.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Captlugnuts said:

Does anyone know how to set the map for Conan Exiles? I would like to use the Isle of Siptah

As usual through the settings files, I think you‘ll have tho add it through Engine.ini IIRC.

Sorry but I’m currently on the go but if you google something like „Conam Exiles Dedicated Server change map Engine.ini“ you should find how to do it.

I'm using the Valheim flavour of this container with mods being manually placed where they need to go. Manually copying mods across is error-prone and makes dealing with mod updates a PITA compared to using something like r2modman for the clients. Has anyone come up with a nice solution for that particular problem?

Edited by Kasc
1 hour ago, Kasc said:

I'm using the Valheim flavour of this container

I've already updated the container now use the new repository from ValheimPlus from over here.

You can now also change the repository to your preference.

I think even if mods are marked as incompatible with ValheimPlus I don't think that is going to be the case since ValheimPlus also uses BepInEx as the Backend.

1 hour ago, Kasc said:

Has anyone come up with a nice solution for that particular problem?

Is that an issue at all? I have to say that I'm not familiar with r2modman but wouldn't it be possible to place the executable in the Valheim folder and run it from there and let it do it's thing or can you maybe specify a directory where the Valheim files are located?

Please note that I'm not planing to implement any mod manager into the container itself since this would be a huge pain. ValheimPlus and BepInEx where also only added because of many user requests, usually I don't implement such things because modding is always up to the user itself.

Is anyone else have trouble with 7d2d? My game is currently using Alpha 20.7 but my 7d2d container won't upgrade past Alpha 20.6 so unable to play. I've restarted the container as I thought that would download the latest release but log says it's updated to the latest. I've tried adjusting the game_id to inculde the alpha 20.7 but that didn't fix the issue either.

Setting for game:

image.thumb.png.12e316f3d51b1152df2d49a3ffb46ddb.png

Any ideas on how to solve this?

3 hours ago, Twinkie0101 said:

@Spectral Force do you maybe have a idea?

3 hours ago, Twinkie0101 said:

I've tried adjusting the game_id to inculde the alpha 20.7 but that didn't fix the issue either.

If you are doing it that way you also set Validate to "true" (without double quotes), but please set it to nothing or false after the check went through because this will force a validation from the game files on each container start and leads to way longer loading times.

4 hours ago, Twinkie0101 said:

Is anyone else have trouble with 7d2d? My game is currently using Alpha 20.7 but my 7d2d container won't upgrade past Alpha 20.6 so unable to play. I've restarted the container as I thought that would download the latest release but log says it's updated to the latest. I've tried adjusting the game_id to inculde the alpha 20.7 but that didn't fix the issue either.

Setting for game:

image.thumb.png.12e316f3d51b1152df2d49a3ffb46ddb.png

This should auto install 20.7 on a fresh install or upgrade on a container restart. i suggest deleting the container & related files and start fresh. Here is a guide i wrote https://7dac.net/a-guide-on-how-to-install-ich777s-container-docker-on-an-unraid-server/

If your server is existing, join my discord for help & give yourself the unraid role & server owner role.

• Like 2

I was searching this topic for some help but couldnt find anything. 

Regarding the Tshock Terraria Docker: I cant set a password. Even the unmodified Docker password is not working. I can just join the server. I tried editing the serverconfig but that didnt fix it. 

So how do I set a custom password for the tshock docker? :D

18 minutes ago, BrainlessDude said:

Regarding the Tshock Terraria Docker: I cant set a password. Even the unmodified Docker password is not working. I can just join the server. I tried editing the serverconfig but that didnt fix it. 

What have you done exactly? Did you stop the server in the first place and then set the password in the config?

I have no issue setting the password over here.

25 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What have you done exactly? Did you stop the server in the first place and then set the password in the config?

I have no issue setting the password over here.

Basically I installed the docker, uploaded my existing world and tried to get it working. Then I changed the password but it never asked for a password in the beginning. I just did a clean install without doing anything and it still doesnt ask for a password.

As soon as I upload my world files and rename them to just be "world" (because changing the world name in the config didnt work the first time) the webui breaks...

I just tested again: as soon as I upload my world files and let the server use these the Webui and password stuff breaks. Weird :D

Is Terraria saving the passwords per server? I entered it one time and now the server doesnt ask again... I dont know what Im doing wrong. 

Edited by BrainlessDude
28 minutes ago, BrainlessDude said:

Is Terraria saving the passwords per server? I entered it one time and now the server doesnt ask again... I dont know what Im doing wrong. 

Have you yet tried to add the -password <YOURPASSWORD> parameter to the GAME_PARAMS like:

grafik.thumb.png.766f42a08e276030d01b347a89ac91a4.png

The container always asks me for the password, which is initially "Docker"

29 minutes ago, BrainlessDude said:

As soon as I upload my world files and rename them to just be "world" (because changing the world name in the config didnt work the first time) the webui breaks...

You have to rename it in multiple locations:

grafik.png.43ff8481556aff5fa5cbc1fd7ae8061f.png

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you yet tried to add the -password <YOURPASSWORD> parameter to the GAME_PARAMS like:

grafik.thumb.png.766f42a08e276030d01b347a89ac91a4.png

The container always asks me for the password, which is initially "Docker"

You have to rename it in multiple locations:

grafik.png.43ff8481556aff5fa5cbc1fd7ae8061f.png

Even with the game_params password its still "docker" but when I log in 1 time it doesnt ask again. 

I didnt bother with renaming the world. I just renamed the files to "world". But I dont want the server to be without a secure password. Thats the only thing im struggeling with...

1 minute ago, BrainlessDude said:

Even with the game_params password its still "docker" but when I log in 1 time it doesnt ask again. 

So the default password "Docker" is working correct?

EDIT: I just tested it and if I change the password in the config to something else from "Docker" it is asking for the new password.

1 minute ago, BrainlessDude said:

Yes. When Im doing a clean install and log in it asks for the password which is "Docker". After that the game doesnt ask for a password again. Now Im unsure if the client is just saving the password. :D

I don't know, if I change it over here, it asks for the new password.

22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don't know, if I change it over here, it asks for the new password.

Im giving up. I simply cant get it to change. I reinstalled from scratch like 20 times. Deleted the tshock folder. Everything was untouched. The game_params password doesnt do anything. When I change the config to a custom password it doesnt ask for one. It skips the needed password and lets me log in. Before without changing the config and just the game_params it did ask for a password. So it didnt had it saved in the background. After changing the config it doesnt ask for a password at all. 

Does anyone have the Frozen Flame docker running? I've been trying to get it to work for a couple days now with no luck. It connects to steam to check for updates and then reboots over and over. All ports are correct and dont conflict with anything else. I'm hoping to see if anyone else is having this issue.

1 hour ago, bmayne81 said:

Does anyone have the Frozen Flame docker running? I've been trying to get it to work for a couple days now with no luck.

Thank you for the report.

They changed the name from the binary that's why it was looping, please fore update the container and then start it again. ;)

• Like 1
On 3/23/2023 at 2:56 AM, Biost0rm said:

Thanks for the offer.

I did a bit more troubleshooting and discovered this likely was NAT in the end. What I discovered is if I move the valheim docker off my custom docker network to use host networking (or custom docker that shares the host IP range) that PlayFab was able to stay connected. 

Hi BiostOrm,

I'm having the exact same issue you had. When I launch my valheim server without -crossplay argument, the server starts correctly and my friends from Steam can connect to the server. But as soon as I put the -crossplay argument, the server keeps looping between beginning the playfab server and reconnection... 

What exactly did you do to solve it ?

Thank's in advance for your help.