[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

From what I know it is and back when I created the container it was working fine, it is also in the description from the container:
grafik.png.9556e16eb2c83ee9375d21c148a489f8.png

Yes, because the name in the Docker template overrides the config file.

Shows what I know. Thanks for taking the time to reply. :)

Some friends wanted a server they could play on asap because of the new update. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DogeKitteh007 said:

Shows what I know. Thanks for taking the time to reply. :)

Some friends wanted a server they could play on asap because of the new update. 

The settings are stored in 3 places that I've found, or 4 places if you create a persistent data path in the .bat file.

In the Docker itself
/vrising/save-data/Settings
/vrising/VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/Settings

the password is editable in the "ServerHostSettings" file found in both of those directories.  You also have to set "Secure": to true for it to work.

I tend to keep all of these files identical.

16 hours ago, bitfury1 said:

The settings are stored in 3 places that I've found, or 4 places if you create a persistent data path in the .bat file.

In the Docker itself

the password is editable in the "ServerHostSettings" file found in both of those directories.  You also have to set "Secure": to true for it to work.

I tend to keep all of these files identical.

When installing the game again, I noticed my server settings didn't take. (Password/clan size, environment) I only originally changed the settings file in 

Saw this and copied my settings file to

Hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks!

In case someone else have problem with V Rising after Gloomrot update.
After V Rising update I had problems connecting to my server, and my attempts to restart would make it crash during startup and almost thought I would have to delete the docker and do a fresh install.
But after some time troubleshooting, I disabled BepInEx option in the docker settings, and it started up fine.

Some of the errors I had:

0x0000000042304698 (gameassembly) DllGetActivationFactory
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Module not found.' (Address: 0000000064CB596E)
  ERROR: SymGetModuleInfo64, GetLastError: 'DLL initialization failed.' (Address: 0000000064CB596E)
0x0000000064CB596E ((<unknown>)) (function-name not available)
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Module not found.' (Address: 0000000064C8BDFB)
  ERROR: SymGetModuleInfo64, GetLastError: 'DLL initialization failed.' (Address: 0000000064C8BDFB)
0x0000000064C8BDFB ((<unknown>)) (function-name not available)
0x00000000422D0B79 (gameassembly) UnityPalGetTimeZoneDataForID
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Success.' (Address: 0000000045516363)
0x0000000045516363 (gameassembly) (function-name not available)
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Success.' (Address: 000000004486BA74)

Edited by Aotw
  • Thanks 1

I found out some game settings have changed, specifically in the gamehost file.

"ListOnSteam": true,
  "ListOnEOS": true,

They are default false

This one doesn't seems to be used anymore but I kept it anyway

"ListOnMasterServer": true,

Also have this new

"CompressSaveFiles": true,

"API": {
    "Enabled": false
  },
  "Rcon": {
    "Enabled": false,
    "Port": 25575,
    "Password": ""
  }
}

I had problem until I update my gamehost file under save-data to include listonsteam and listoneos. I also enabled the API. Before that, gamedig would show offline and it wouldn't show anywhere. I think on missing item, it default to the settings in the other location.

• Thanks 2

Evening Ich777, many thanks for your server containers. I'm a happy user of the Zomboid one.

I installed it after months of inactivity and I had trouble connecting. I opened all the so-called player ports in my modem and router but it kept saying they were closed. Upon inspection, it seems they're wrongly set to TCP in the template. The documentation says they need to be UDP, as do users in the community. Changing this variable myself (and making the same change in my network gear) took away the port warning. So if I've done my homework correctly, this needs a change. I think the multiple player ports are still needed but the documentation only mentions one, so I'm unsure if they're incomplete or that's outdated as well.

Again, many thanks for your work.

On 6/4/2022 at 8:50 AM, Rks1789 said:

Yes, the server gets the -lan switch, and in the client's UI it has a "Lan mode" checkbox in the direct connect screen where you enter the IP:port.

It mentions you need to do both to connect.

Thanks!

Was this ever figured out? I am trying the achieve the same thing.

Thanks! 👊

8 hours ago, thatsthefrickenlightning said:

I installed it after months of inactivity and I had trouble connecting.

This is probably why it won't work for you.

I've update the template about 7 months ago because they changed how the ports work.

In the past every player needs it's own unique TCP port where now you only need to forward two ports 16261 & 16262 UDP:
grafik.thumb.png.1a1cc538c08d71e06c9e769f338826af.png

(you will only see that when you pull a fresh template from the CA App)

But thanks for pointing that out, I forgot to delete the TCP port entry which I've did now.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

This is probably why it won't work for you.

I've update the template about 7 months ago because they changed how the ports work.

In the past every player needs it's own unique TCP port where now you only need to forward two ports 16261 & 16262 UDP:
grafik.thumb.png.1a1cc538c08d71e06c9e769f338826af.png

(you will only see that when you pull a fresh template from the CA App)

But thanks for pointing that out, I forgot to delete the TCP port entry which I've did now.

You're entirely correct. I deleted the appdata folders but kept the container/template I fetched a while back. I think I'll keep my folders for this new server and re-pull the template/container to make sure everything is up-to-date then. Thanks for the reply!

• Like 1

Hey all, feel like im losing my mind over this. Trying to setup Vrising and tried quite a few things.

1) Deleted appdata/vrising and started fresh
2) Changed both appdata\vrising\VRisingServer_Data\StreamingAssets\Settings and appdata\vrising\save-data\Settings Serverhostsettings.json files to reflect the name I put in the docker container, the password and set both "ListOnSteam": true, "ListOnEOS": true,
3) Portforwarded both 9877 and 9876 - I even used playit.gg to create a tunnel for this port just incase.
4) Saw someone recommend to place 'false' (without quotes) in ENABLE_BEPINEX in the docker container. 

Here is what im getting in \appdata\vrising\logs\VRisingServer.log

Any help would be appreciated, fairly new to this and just got the game for my friends so hoping to see if i can host it. 
Thanks in advance 

edit: wanted to mention as well that everytime i try to direct connect it times out. When I try to connect to the tunnel provided by playit.gg it wont allow me since the address ends in port 3215

VRisingServer.log

Edited by tommoore3290
1 hour ago, tommoore3290 said:

2) Changed both appdata\vrising\VRisingServer_Data\StreamingAssets\Settings and appdata\vrising\save-data\Settings Serverhostsettings.json files to reflect the name I put in the docker container, the password and set both "ListOnSteam": true, "ListOnEOS": true,

You only have to edit the settings file in this location: .../vrising/save-data/Settings (all other setting files will be ignored, the path is also mentioned in the description from the container)

The server name is set in the template no matter what you set in the config file.

3) Portforwarded both 9877 and 9876 - I even used playit.gg to create a tunnel for this port just incase.

Are you sure that you've forwarded the correct protocol too (in this case only UDP <- TCP is not needed!!!)

4) Saw someone recommend to place 'false' (without quotes) in ENABLE_BEPINEX in the docker container. 

Would be the same if you set it to "please do not enable bepinex" or "i dont want bepiniex", just leave it empty.

1) Deleted appdata/vrising and started fresh

I set up a new instance on my server and I can see it fine in the Steam Server Browser:

grafik.png.5a87299890483648a7b7fdc6f3301d40.png

If I forward the ports I can see it here too (and of course can connect to it, otherwise you won't see the indication that I have played on it like in the screenshot below):

grafik.thumb.png.683547544abc2206872dbadb51835209.png

edit: wanted to mention as well that everytime i try to direct connect it times out. When I try to connect to the tunnel provided by playit.gg it wont allow me since the address ends in port 3215

I don't know playit.gg but the timeout usually means that somwthing with the port forwarding is wrong, if I close the ports then I get also a timeout error.

On 5/21/2023 at 10:00 AM, navorm said:

hello did you manage to do something 

I have now tried it but I can't get it to work, the container and also the dedicated server is running but I don't know what's missing or not working and since there is not much documentation on this (or at least most of it is in French) and I don't speak french I really can't help.

Sorry...

I cant get the V Rising Server to work. Not even localy. I can't see it in the Steam Server Browser under LAN. 

My Logs End with this image.thumb.png.5c6030bd3a1dae5348facabe68c38a70.png

And then the Autosaves start.  My config is this: 

image.thumb.png.0c24d2acf6ed4eaf9bdaa02067b9b7fa.png

Do i need Steam Username and Password?

Edited by AdrianSch

Hi,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here...

I've got the V-Rising container running. UDP ports 9876 and 9877 are open on my router. First time I fired it up ListOnSteam was false, no password was set and I could direct connect into the server fine.

I edited ../vrising/save-data/SettingsServerHostSettings to register to steam, secure=true, and require a password:

{
  "Name": "applesoranges",
  "Description": "Fruit",
  "Port": 9876,
  "QueryPort": 9877,
  "MaxConnectedUsers": 60,
  "MaxConnectedAdmins": 4,
  "ServerFps": 30,
  "SaveName": "world1",
  "Password": "test1pass",
  "Secure": true,
  "ListOnSteam": true,
  "ListOnEOS": false,
  "AutoSaveCount": 30,
  "AutoSaveInterval": 60,
  "CompressSaveFiles": true,
  "GameSettingsPreset": "",
  "AdminOnlyDebugEvents": true,
  "DisableDebugEvents": false,
  "API": {
    "Enabled": false
  },
  "Rcon": {
    "Enabled": false,
    "Port": 25575,
    "Password": ""
  }
}

I restarted the server, it appeared in the steam list, the client connected to the server and the password prompt appeared. However, no password is accepted, it just loops back to the prompt dialogue. I've tried multiple passwords and now, oddly, it no longer works with the security off and password blank (and ListOnSteam=false).

The logs do have:

SteamNetworking - SteamNetConnections.ConnectionUpdate: k_ESteamNetworkingConnectionState_Connected, 359621878, 131073
SteamServerTransport - Update 359621878 - k_ESteamNetworkingConnectionState_Connected
NetConnection '{Steam 359621878}' connection was denied. Message: 'Incorrect Password!' Version: 4 PlatformId: 76561197976002782
SteamLog [SDR k_ESteamNetworkingSocketsDebugOutputType_Msg] [#359621878 UDP steamid:76561197976002782@MYIPADDRESS] closed by app, entering linger state (1017) Application closed connection
src\steamnetworkingsockets\clientlib\steamnetworkingsockets_lowlevel.cpp (774) : Assertion Failed: GetBestInterfaceEx failed with result 3 for address 'MYIPADRESS'

At first I thought this suggested I needed the all the usual Steam ports open but doing so didn't stop the error. Googling around the problem has illuminated anything, nor am I sure the error is related to the password problem.

Oh, and I've tried copying the settings to StreamingAssets config location too.

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks

image.thumb.png.1accc8eb72aa41e0a319d7af134f18ca.png

14 hours ago, AdrianSch said:

My Logs End with this 

This seems perfectly fine and also looks like this on my server.

Do i need Steam Username and Password?

No, if you enter Steam credentials you will break it and it won't work.

If you want to play on LAN or better speaking if you want LAN only you have to append "-lan" to the GAME_PARAMS and also on your client on you local PC, I've made a post about this here:

Not even localy. I can't see it in the Steam Server Browser under LAN. 

Did you click Refresh a few times, V-Rising is a bit special when it comes to the Steam Server Browser.

What error did you get when trying to connect to the server, please keep in mind that you have to forward the ports in your Router even if you are trying to connect with your local IP if you didn't append -lan to GAME_PARAMS, otherwise it won't work.

Please also double check your port forwarding and also check if you forwarded the correct protocol.

8 hours ago, grolo said:

At first I thought this suggested I needed the all the usual Steam ports open but doing so didn't stop the error.

What do you mean with that? You only have to forward the two Ports listed in the template (UDP).

8 hours ago, grolo said:

I edited ../vrising/save-data/SettingsServerHostSettings to register to steam, secure=true, and require a password:

I will try that later today, edit this post with my result and if experience the same error.

8 hours ago, grolo said:

Oh, and I've tried copying the settings to StreamingAssets config location too.

As said multiple times, this is not necessary! The server will always look at the config in save-data first.

8 hours ago, grolo said:
  "Name": "applesoranges",

You can leave this field empty since it will do nothing because the Server Name in the Docker template will override this line.

23 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What do you mean with that? You only have to forward the two Ports listed in the template (UDP).

I was wondering if I needed these: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/2EA8-4D75-DA21-31EB. I realise that's not documented, but with the steam network sockets errors I thought I'd try :)

26 minutes ago, ich777 said:

As said multiple times, this is not necessary! The server will always look at the config in save-data first.

Yes, sorry! I read that after posting, my bad.

28 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You can leave this field empty since it will do nothing because the Server Name in the Docker template will override this line.

Ok, understood.

Thanks for your help, and work in general.

Cheers