[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

19 minutes ago, Stoof said:

But as soon as I put the -crossplay argument, the server keeps looping between beginning the playfab server and reconnection... 

What exactly did you do to solve it ?

Thank's in advance for your help.

Are you sure that you‘ve forwarded the correct ports and also made sure that you don‘t have any geo blocking in place?

I know that UniFi Gateways causes often times issues.

Oxygenserv have dedicated server from this game and the developper have give commande steam cmd to linux server 

./steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../nova-life_server +app_update 1665030 validate +quit

./nova-life.x86_64 -batchmode -nographics -startServer "Votre Serveur" -logFile "logs.log"

Hi, Not sure what’s going on. But the Vrising docker is timing out when trying to connect. However it was working fine 12h ago when I installed and played on it for a half a day. I know a mayor patch is going live in a few days and the official servers have been taken down forever what reason it would take so many days to update is beyond weird. Do you know, if me not able to connect to my lan server has anything to do with the disabled servers?

6 hours ago, navorm said:

Oxygenserv have dedicated server from this game and the developper have give commande steam cmd to linux server 

From where do you have that information, can you give me a link to the tutorial maybe this would make my life much easier since I even don't know that game... :)

4 hours ago, NoobSpy said:

Do you know, if me not able to connect to my lan server has anything to do with the disabled servers?

I really don't know but I'm assuming this is a game issue and there is nothing I can do about:

SteamLog [SDR k_ESteamNetworkingSocketsDebugOutputType_Msg] [Data] Ignored bad REDACTED:52386.  Stray data packet from host with no connection.  Ignoring.
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
Stunlock.Network.Steam.Wrapper.SteamSocketNetworkingLogs:OnLog(LogSource, ESteamNetworkingSocketsDebugOutputType, IntPtr)

34 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I really don't know but I'm assuming this is a game issue and there is nothing I can do about:

SteamLog [SDR k_ESteamNetworkingSocketsDebugOutputType_Msg] [Data] Ignored bad REDACTED:52386.  Stray data packet from host with no connection.  Ignoring.
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
Stunlock.Network.Steam.Wrapper.SteamSocketNetworkingLogs:OnLog(LogSource, ESteamNetworkingSocketsDebugOutputType, IntPtr)

Much appreciated. This must have something to do with the package or gameID this is based of because all the official servers have been taken down. But the non-official ones are still running. Not sure what is different with those. But honest very annoyed that the game studio as able to switch off a private server on a LAN.

• Like 1
Il y a 10 heures, ich777 a dit :

D'où avez-vous cette information, pouvez-vous me donner un lien vers le tutoriel peut-être que cela me faciliterait la vie puisque je ne connais même pas ce jeu...:)

the website of the french game is down but I give up their server discord I give you the link " https://discord.gg/UrYYnGpNFG "and the procedure that it was set up for the linux server 

Open a terminal and enter these commands :

dpkg --add-architecture i386
apt-get update
apt-get install lib32gcc1
mkdir steam_ds 
cd steam_ds 
wget http://media.steampowered.com/client/steamcmd_linux.tar.gz
tar -xvzf steamcmd_linux.tar.gz
./steamcmd.sh

These commands create a folder steam_ds, y download the installation binary, and launch it.

We now launch steamcmd and we download the files from Nova-Life

./steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../nova-life_server +app_update 1665030 validate +quit

Once this is done, you can go to your server folder and launch it.

./nova-life.x86_64 -batchmode -nographics -startServer "Votre Serveur" -logFile "logs.log"

Update your server Nova-Life
Go to the file steam_ds

cd steam_ds

launch SteamCMD and update server files Nova-Life

Afternoon,

Decided to start up my L4D2 dedicated server again. Got the container running, but after installation of the game files, I'm being prompted with this string of messages/error:

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 222860
Using breakpad crash handler
Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
PreMinidumpCallback: updating dump comment
Uploading dump (in-process) [proxy '']
/tmp/dumps/crash_20230514132202_1.dmp
success = no
error:  libcurl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Segmentation fault
Add "-debug" to the /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Sun 14 May 2023 01:22:02 PM CDT: Server restart in 10 seconds

Any thoughts or reasons to this error?

1 hour ago, ss1gohan13 said:

Any thoughts or reasons to this error?

On what Unraid version are you.

Please post a screenshot from your container template.

Please make sure that your path to the game files points to the real path and not the FUSE path /mnt/user/…

Just now, ss1gohan13 said:

Version: 6.11.5 

Please change the path for the game files from the FUSE path (/mnt/user/…) to the real path where the files are like /mnt/cache… or /mnt/disk2/…

It has a reason why the container template points to the real file path by default.

12 minutes ago, ss1gohan13 said:

Version

And please disable validation!

This is only for troubleshooting reasons in there when the game won't update and this will slow down the start from the container significantly. Validation should never be enabled if it isn't needed.

@Cyd

Having some issue with Ark Cluster Servers 

Starrted to get this on all my ARK Cluster server but 3 of them have you seen this before 

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

Island Scorched Earth and Abverration work fine 

I also see this in my ARKO-A3C

Update Checked At: 14/05/2023 18:04:29
local version: 357.18 arkdedicated version: 357.15
Failed to check update <class 'ValueError'>

On the broken one it show ShooterEntry as the maps 

Screenshot 2023-05-14 165621.png

43 minutes ago, ich777 said:

And please disable validation!

This is only for troubleshooting reasons in there when the game won't update and this will slow down the start from the container significantly. Validation should never be enabled if it isn't needed.

Validation has been disabled. I appear to have made progress, but I'm still having issues with joining/starting.

I can see the server when looking for the game, but when trying to join the game I get a generic loading screen and eventually I will timeout joining.

Do I need to config anything in regards of files in the appdata folder?

53 minutes ago, edickinson24 said:

@Cyd

Having some issue with Ark Cluster Servers 

Starrted to get this on all my ARK Cluster server but 3 of them have you seen this before 

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

Island Scorched Earth and Abverration work fine 

I also see this in my ARKO-A3C

Update Checked At: 14/05/2023 18:04:29
local version: 357.18 arkdedicated version: 357.15
Failed to check update <class 'ValueError'>

On the broken one it show ShooterEntry as the maps 

Screenshot 2023-05-14 165621.png

We haven’t had our cluster up for months, I do not know if wild card or steam changed anything. Seeing a local version higher than arkdedicated tells me that wildcard is not being exactly diligent in their release procedure. Failed to check update class is likely a change to the steamAPI.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, ss1gohan13 said:

Do I need to config anything in regards of files in the appdata folder?

No.

8 hours ago, ss1gohan13 said:

I can see the server when looking for the game, but when trying to join the game I get a generic loading screen and eventually I will timeout joining.

How do you try to connect, through your internal or external IP address?

Please also read the description from the port again, this is not a web server or a database, game server most of the times work differently.

You have to delete the port entry in the template if you want to change it like in your case from 27015 to 27018 and create a new port entry in the template with the host and container port set to the same port of course for this game UDP.

A simple port forwarding wont working because the dedicated server sends it's port (27015) in the initial handshake with it and since you are forwarding the port from 27015 to 27018 the client tries to connect to the port 27015 and not on 27018.

Also don't forget to change the config from the dedicated server so that the container actually uses the port 27018 inside the container and not the default 27015.

V Rising major update comes out in ~6 hours.  I know that servers will be required to be redone totally.  Is there anything special that will need to happen when we rebuild our servers for the new update? 

The developer has stated that they will be keeping another branch available for the old servers.

1 hour ago, bitfury1 said:

V Rising major update comes out in ~6 hours.  I know that servers will be required to be redone totally.  Is there anything special that will need to happen when we rebuild our servers for the new update?

Since my containers are self maintaining and download updates on every start/restart you shouldn't have to do much, just restart it.

You can set validation to "true" but that shouldn't be necessary. Please don't forget to set ti to false after updating the container or simply leave it empty <- you never should set validation to "true", only if you have issues when updating the container.

I don't know much about V-Rising but as long as they don't change how the dedicated server is started or the binary name everything should work as always with this container, let me know if you are experiencing any issues but I think you will let me know anyways... :D

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don't know much about V-Rising but as long as they don't change how the dedicated server is started or the binary name everything should work as always with this container, let me know if you are experiencing any issues but I think you will let me know anyways... :D

Thanks for the quick reply!  We'll see in the morning (for me) if all is well.  I'm also hoping they don't change anything but it's supposed to be a complete overhaul.  idk.

• Thanks 1

How can I set a password for the V Rising server?

The file ServerHostSettings.json in save-data/Settings doesn't seem to be it, as the world name doesn't

correspond to the one set in the docker.

I've tried searching for it in this topic, as I guess the question must have been asked before, but didn't find it. O.o

Thanks again for making these fantastic templates!

Edited by DogeKitteh007
Didn't specify game
2 minutes ago, DogeKitteh007 said:

The file ServerHostSettings.json in save-data/Settings doesn't seem to be it

From what I know it is and back when I created the container it was working fine, it is also in the description from the container:
grafik.png.9556e16eb2c83ee9375d21c148a489f8.png

3 minutes ago, DogeKitteh007 said:

as the world name doesn't correspond to the one set in the docker.

Yes, because the name in the Docker template overrides the config file.

• Thanks 1