[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

I am ABSOLUTELY lost. I am new to unraid. I primarily use it for a media server. I am trying to start an Ark server and no matter what I do I cannot connect to the server. I have read through Cyd's posts at least a hundred times by now. Ignore the server password haha. I feel like I am overlooking the simplest thing. At this point I'm starting to think it is my ISP. I have looked deep through this topic, steam forums, reddit, ark forums and nothing I try makes any difference. I have been at this for two days now, if I wasn't bald I would have pulled all my hair out by now. The steam login thing is also odd because its the correct password and i havent touched it in unraid, sometimes it logs in other times it doesnt, its like im reaching the limit for successful logins, but that isnt the main concern. The steam server not responding and my ark server not showing up is the main problem. Idk if my ports are wrong or what.

TLDR: Cannot get into Ark server.

2023-04-19 06_04_27-AlacrionServer_UpdateContainer - Opera.png

2023-04-19 06_03_58-Servers.png

2023-04-19 06_07_59-Linksys Smart Wi-Fi - Opera.png

2023-04-19 06_19_08-_usr_local_emhttp_webGui_scripts_run_cmd docker logs -f -n 90 ARKSurvivalEvolved.png

2 hours ago, Alacrion said:

I am ABSOLUTELY lost.

Please remove the container from your server, including the arkse folder which lives usually in your appdata directory, then pull a fresh copy from the CA App, change absolutely nothing and let it finish pulling down the container.

From what I can see you've entered your Steam credentials, don't do that unless they are visible in the template (so to speak not hidden in the Show more... section) and marked with a red asterisk, this will most certainly lead to issues.

I have been at this for two days now, if I wasn't bald I would have pulled all my hair out by now.

After the container pulled the game and you see the last two lines from your screenshot from the log from above it is fully started and waiting for new connections, go to Steam -> View -> Server -> Favourites -> Add -> enter: YOURUNRAIDIP:27015 -> Add -> and click Refresh twice

If it shows up you can definitely connect an it is running, please do that first and then we can troubleshoot further.

The steam login thing is also odd because its the correct password and i havent touched it in unraid, sometimes it logs in other times it doesnt, its like im reaching the limit for successful logins, but that isnt the main concern.

As said above, don't user your Steam credentials in a template where they are hidden away at Show more... and please don't touch any setting in the Show more... section.

It's almost the same as described for RUST here:

https://docs.ibracorp.io/rust/

• Like 1
16 hours ago, ich777 said:

Why?

As you can see in the template only UDP ports are needed to be forwarded.

Just a warning, some game servers will block you from connecting when forwarding a protocol that isn't needed.

Where do the ports show up as closed? Please keep in mind that game server use their own proprietary protocol and are not like Plex, they won't answer to sites which check if ports are open to the outside world.

Please note that every router supports hairpin NAT, have you yet tried to connect from outside of your LAN and see if it is working. Maybe the server is working fine from outside your network and internally you have to use the LAN IP to connect to it.

Some ISPs even block the communication on UDP ports or certain ports.

EDIT: Please turn off validation, this is only for troubleshooting reasons there or when the server is not properly updating. By leaving that on you are forcing a check from the game files every startup, that causes strain on the disk, your Internet connection and the start up from the container will also take way longer.

When it comes to the ports, I tried it with UDP only and it wasn't working, so I enabled both just to see if it would help. I've been checking them with the open port check tool at yougetsignal.com , I use that for work so I just defaulted to it, didn't think about the fact that it wouldn't work with these servers. 

I have been using the LAN IP to connect locally, I think my UDM-Pro might support hairpin NAT, but I don't really see a reason to enable it or set it up when I can just access everything over the LAN. 

I've been having friends externally try to connect to the server as well, and they aren't able to connect, which is how I know I still have some network setting configuration issues of some kind. 

I'm pretty sure that I'm having issues on the server side because my homeassistant docker port forwarding worked perfectly, but maybe my UDM is interfering somehow, I have my ATT modem in IP passthrough and to my knowledge that means it shouldn't be stopping anything whatsoever, and it is passing my WAN ip to the UDM correctly. 

I did turn off validation as well, thanks for the tip. 

Do you recall anyone having similar issues? I'm genuinely not even sure which tree to be barking up, regardless thanks for the help! 

I've attached my log file just in case its helpful. 

genjimain-syslog-20230419-2257.zip

6 hours ago, fatyungjesus said:

When it comes to the ports, I tried it with UDP only and it wasn't working, so I enabled both just to see if it would help.

No because you have to understand the TCP ports won't do anything if you don't specify them in the template.

But please trust me, I do my research and put all the necessary ports in the template with the appropriate protocol.

Please close these ports again because these can be under certain circumstances a security risk.

but I don't really see a reason to enable it

Sure, but if you don't enable it you can't connect to your server with your public IP to the server, because that's what hairpin NAT does.

but maybe my UDM is interfering somehow, I have my ATT modem in IP passthrough and to my knowledge that means it shouldn't be stopping anything whatsoever, and it is passing my WAN ip to the UDM correctly.

I have had multiple people with Qbiquiti equipment in this thread with various issues reaching from SteamCMD not downloading, GitHub API not reachable to your issue where the game servers won't work but these issues are all resolved.

I really can't tell what to do because I don't have such a Firewall and don't know how they work.

I've attached my log file just in case its helpful. 

Sadly enough no, I can't tell anything from the diagnostics.

Do you have a static IP? Have you yet tried the way with the Steam Server Browser to add it to the Favorites with: SERVERIP:2457 or from outside with WANIP:2457 ?

There is a pretty high chance that your Firewall is blocking the traffic somewhere.

Trying to run the iw4x container but it gives a error when I start it. This is the logs. I believe it has something to do with X server and $DISPLAY 

0070:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
0070:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
0070:err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
00f0:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetThreadInitializationType FFFFFFFA, 0A6EFEF8
00f4:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetThreadInitializationType FFFFFFFA, 0A80FEF8
0024:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
0024:fixme:system:NtUserSystemParametersInfo Unimplemented action: 59 (SPI_SETSTICKYKEYS)
0024:fixme:system:NtUserSystemParametersInfo Unimplemented action: 53 (SPI_SETTOGGLEKEYS)
0024:fixme:system:NtUserSystemParametersInfo Unimplemented action: 51 (SPI_SETFILTERKEYS)
00fc:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
00fc:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
00fc:fixme:dwmapi:DwmSetWindowAttribute (00090032, 14, 0B88779C, 4) stub
ALSA lib confmisc.c:767:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4745:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4745:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1246:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4745:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5233:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
ALSA lib confmisc.c:767:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4745:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4745:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1246:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4745:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5233:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
  inflating: main/iw_dlc8_00.iwd     
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_abandon.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_abandon_load.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_bloc.ff     
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_bloc_load.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_bloc_sh.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_bloc_sh_load.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_bog_sh.ff   
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_bog_sh_load.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_cargoship.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_cargoship_load.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_cargoship_sh.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_cargoship_sh_load.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_compact.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_compact_load.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_complex.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_complex_load.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_crash.ff    
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_crash_load.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_crash_tropical.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_crash_tropical_load.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_cross_fire.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_cross_fire_load.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_estate_tropical.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_estate_tropical_load.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_fav_tropical.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_fav_tropical_load.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_firingrange.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_firingrange_load.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_fuel2.ff    
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_fuel2_load.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_killhouse.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_killhouse_load.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_nuked.ff    
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_nuked_load.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_overgrown.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_overgrown_load.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_rust_long.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_rust_long_load.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_shipment_long.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_shipment_long_load.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_storm.ff    
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_storm_load.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_storm_spring.ff  
 extracting: zone/dlc/mp_storm_spring_load.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_strike.ff   
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_strike_load.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_trailerpark.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_trailerpark_load.ff  
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_vacant.ff   
  inflating: zone/dlc/mp_vacant_load.ff  
---Checking if gamefiles are in place---
---Gamefiles found!---
---Checking if WINE workdirectory is present---
---WINE workdirectory found---
---Checking if WINE is properly installed---
---WINE properly set up---
---Prepare Server---
---Checking for 'server.cfg'---
---'server.cfg' found!---
---Checking for 'playlists.info'---
---'playlists.info' found!---

7 hours ago, Abhi said:

Trying to run the iw4x container but it gives a error when I start it. This is the logs. I believe it has something to do with X server and $DISPLAY 

Can you please post the full log output?

Does the container loop or auto restart?

7 hours ago, FreakyBigFoot said:

I can't seem to get the web UI to load for the FiveM docker. I've set a static IP and I can't load IP:9016.

Have you enabled txAdmin? By default it is not enabled IIRC.

5 hours ago, FreakyBigFoot said:

Also how do you set fivem to manually update txadmin? I don't understand that. I've place the tar file..

Please keep in mind that I usually can't support modding of the servers, that's up to the user because I can't know how every mod is working and set up.

Please go to your template and put it in this direction:

grafik.png.5cb4aaa7bd8e168fb8bafc8b6660452b.png

...or whatever direction it shows in your template.

You can access that directory via SAMBA, restart the container after you've placed the file in the main directory and make sure that this option is set to "true" in the template at the section "Show more...":

grafik.png.70c427431c8e0baa344952a4213c251c.png

27 minutes ago, TheSleepyGamer said:

how do i add plugins like slimefun, luckperm and veinminer in minecraft?

I can’t support modding because I can‘t know every mod and how it is working.

Modding is always up to the user.

However the cintainer supports all kind of mod servers like Forge, Spigot,…

It‘s not different than if you would run it on Bare Metal with the only exception that the path for the game files and so on is in your appdata directory.

16 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you please post the full log output?

Does the container loop or auto restart?

It loops! That message I sent was the full output of the logs when I open the container logs from webui. Is there a different way I can get you those logs?

8 hours ago, Abhi said:

It loops! That message I sent was the full output of the logs when I open the container logs from webui. Is there a different way I can get you those logs?

I think the reason why it's not working is because the main download location that I used for downloading the zip file is down.

On my server it is just working fine when I use the locally cached build, even for a new container: iw4x.log

Where do you get the game files from and the necessary iw4x files?

Maybe this is a version incompatibility error from the files.

If I find no new download location then I will deprecate the container...

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I think the reason why it's not working is because the main download location that I used for downloading the zip file is down.

On my server it is just working fine when I use the locally cached build, even for a new container: iw4x.log

Where do you get the game files from and the necessary iw4x files?

Maybe this is a version incompatibility error from the files.

If I find no new download location then I will deprecate the container...

I was able to fix it. It was an issue on my end I did wrong. Sorry!

But to answer your question for the server files, I believe this is what you're looking for

https://github.com/XLabsProject/iw4x-rawfiles/releases/latest/download/release.zip

• Like 1

Hello,

I am running into an odd issue with the Project Zomboid container.  I asked on the Project Zomboid forums and the support team is thinking it might be a container issue.  

So the issue.

I have edited the servertest.ini file to include the mods I want to use, the following section have been edited

Mods=tsarslib;amclub;AquatsarYachtClub;ATA_Jeep;isoContainers;RainCleansBlood;Super Bulldozer;Chestown;Fort Knox;lakeivytownship;KingsmouthKY 
Map=Kingsmouth;li_township;Fort Knox, KY by Woldren;Chestown;Muldraugh, KY
WorkshopItems=2392709985;2778576730;2392987599;2636100523;2625625421;2956146279;2713275891;2840889213;1414568604;2252982049;2434339338

I have not adjusted my SpawnRegions.lua file, so it remains with having the default 4 regions.

I am facing the issue of the game not allowing me to choose my spawn region, whenever I join it drops me into Char creation.  I then spawn in Kingsmouth.

This is a new world.  I installed the container, it auto started.  I stopped it, removed the world.db file, as well as the Saves/Multiplayer/world/ directory.  I then took the local servertest.ini file and uploaded it to /mnt/user/appdata/projectzomboid/Zomboid/Server/.  Then restarted the docker container.  The game spins up but drops me in like described above.

Is there possibly another location I need to be updating for the PZ Container?  Or some permissions issues?

2 hours ago, bobbo489 said:

I then took the local servertest.ini file and uploaded it to /mnt/user/appdata/projectzomboid/Zomboid/Server/.

Please note that most of my containter templates are set to use the path /mnt/cache/… to avoid some issues.

To what is your appdata directory set in terms of Use Cache? I would strongly recommend that you set it to Only or Prefer but Prefer should be the way to go.

If it‘s set to Yes then this is the issue since everytime the Mover kicks in it would move the files from the Cache to the Array and it simply can‘t find the files.

You could also change the path to /mnt/user/… but  my recommendatation would be to change the Use Cache setting.

Otherwise than this I really don‘t know what it could be…

2 hours ago, bobbo489 said:

Then restarted the docker container.  The game spins up but drops me in like described above.

I would recommend that you first stop the container, edit the settings and then start it again.

Some game servers reset the settings after you‘ve edited the files and restarted the container.

The container does not work any different than if you run it on bare metal.

Ah, yeah, my appdata is set to No for Use cache pool.  So I am going to try to change it to Prefer, remove the container completely, then reinstall it.  

As for the start/stop/start thing.  Once I pull down the container it starts up, being that I had cache set to no on AppData, I was just going the path I mentioned.  I will try this. 

I am guessing I would then upload the servertest.ini file to the cache directory of PZ instead of the final location.  Then the mover will invoke the move at a later time?

argh, still does not work.  Still drops me straight into character creation instead of region select like it should.  I enabled caching on appdata.  I ensured the files that I uploaded both reflected in /mnt/cache/appdata/projectzomboid/Zomboid/Server and /mnt/user/appdata/projectzomboid/Zomboid/Server.  

It works now.  I needed to upload my spawnregions.lua to the cache directory!

Edited by bobbo489
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, ToastedPirate said:

The webui doesnt let me type any commands into it to control server stuff like give items and what not.

Do you talk about that:

grafik.png.f3c78d4bbc6f68011017ee21419264ab.png

No issue over here (I only typed in help because I don't know the commands but as you can see it is working) :

grafik.thumb.png.30daaecd71a475fa40c18e9981a85f65.png

1 hour ago, ToastedPirate said:

So weird, mine is all garbled and i cant type. Have tried multiple browsers too. 

Can you please try to not start the terminal in a maximized window? Maybe this will help...

Does the container look also look like that?

Another way to connect to the console is to open up a console window from Unraid and type in: 'docker exec -u terraria -ti [Name of your Container] screen -xS Terraria' (without quotes) to exit the screen session press CTRL+A and then CTRL+D or simply close the terminal window in the first place.

This will basically do the same as my WebUI implementation.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Can you please try to not start the terminal in a maximized window? Maybe this will help...

Does the container look also look like that?

Another way to connect to the console is to open up a console window from Unraid and type in: 'docker exec -u terraria -ti [Name of your Container] screen -xS Terraria' (without quotes) to exit the screen session press CTRL+A and then CTRL+D or simply close the terminal window in the first place.

This will basically do the same as my WebUI implementation.

Full screen or not doesnt matter same outcome, using docker exec -u terraria -ti [Name of your Container] screen -xS Terraria Shows the same as webui and i cant type anything there either.
or Terraria v5.1.3.0)or Terraria v5.1.3.0)or just keeps repeating every few seconds endlessly I do see stuff we type in game appear in the ui, but that just keeps posting