[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hi :) , I've created a docker for Conan Exiles (ich777) but the server doesn't seem to want to start or rather it restarts in a loop. I'm new to docker so I don't really know how to solve this problem.

I have this in the logs file :

thank you for your help

erreur_docker.thumb.png.92d21851df5278c468a6be0e63c638ed.png

16 minutes ago, Ashilder said:

I've created a docker for Conan Exiles (ich777) but the server doesn't seem to want to start or rather it restarts in a loop.

Did you change anything in the template?

I have this in the logs file :

Sorry I don‘t see the important part here.

Did you enter you Steam credentials in the template, if yes please remove them, they are only needed if they are marked with the red asterisk and not hidden away under Show more settings…

On what Hardware do you try to run the container?

Hello !

No I didn't modify anything, I just installed the docker with the unraid appstore, everything was done automatically

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you change anything in the template?

Sorry I don‘t see the important part here.

Did you enter you Steam credentials in the template, if yes please remove them, they are only needed if they are marked with the red asterisk and not hidden away under Show more settings…

On what Hardware do you try to run the container?

22 hours ago, brent3000 said:

I'm trying to diagnose an issue and hoping there may be a way to see if there is a miss-config somewhere with unraid or the way these dockers are working,

Sorry, I completely missed your post.

As it stands I have run connection tests by downloading 2tb worth of data using a filezilla docker with no issues at all (no drops, re-tries etc for the 10min i watched it FIlezillla was downloading at ~300mbps and overall downloaded a large volume of data)

May I ask what this has to do with the game servers? Please also take into consideration that FTP is working a bit differently than SteamCMD.

Now the fun part, WHen I installed the game server there was a bunch of issues which looked abit odd (re-downloading, unable to find public IP and reverting to local etc) just odd things. Now I had an issue which I wanted to switch over to this server running Palworld and it would connect, but after a few min would kick me saying connection was lost (This was via direct local network connection not even via my ISP)

Here are we talking about the connection to Palworld or better speaking the container itself correct?

Do you maybe have Diagnostics from your server?

Is there an issue with this docker if there is more than 1 nic or something else which would cause it to go online/offline regularly which would not impact others? I can also both hold a solid ping to the server and from the server to google so the pysical connection isnt breaking. The Firewall is also set (as part of my testing) for all outbound access 

Not that I'm aware of.

What NIC are you using?

Also what is the propper process for moving game files (Palworld in this example) from one server to another? SHould a direct copy paste while the server is offline be ok or do I need to do any permission changes?

Just download the container or dedicated server (if you don't use the container on the other sever) stop the container after fully starting for the first time and copy over the Saves directory, you don't need to copy the whole directory <- this is also best practice to avoid weird issues.

No I didn't modify anything, I just installed the docker with the unraid appstore, everything was done automatically

...and what about my other question?

On what hardware do you try to run the container?

I've now installed the container over here and it restarts one time (this is expected) and then starts the dedicated server properly.

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

...and what about my other question?

On what hardware do you try to run the container?

I've now installed the container over here and it restarts one time (this is expected) and then starts.

Yesterday, I left it running for several hours, and the logs are still the same

image.png.6557a67ab64076917b6c0a864c5cef49.png

19 minutes ago, Ashilder said:

Yesterday, I left it running for several hours, and the logs are still the same

I think the issue is that your CPU is too old and it doesn't support all the necessary instructions, I think you have to be at least on a 6th Gen Intel i-Core series CPU to run Conan Exiles.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think the issue is that your CPU is too old and it doesn't support all the necessary instructions, I think you have to be at least on a 6th Gen Intel i-Core series CPU to run Conan Exiles.

This seems a bit strange to me, I've checked the minimum requirements and my processor seems compatible:

https://conanexiles.fandom.com/wiki/Dedicated_server_system_requirements

image.png.8d29b5b7013f21ce76c18a3cad3ec94a.png

Is this only due to Docker? Maybe I should try it on a vm windows server or linux?

I think the issue is actually that it has an issue with a missing file.

it crashed because it couldnt find the ConanSandbox.log file in /serverdata/serverfiles/ConanSandbox/Saved/Logs/

@Ashilder create that "ConanSandbox.log" file in your Appdata share,

I assume the "default":

"/mnt/cache/appdata/conanexiles/ConanSandbox/Saved/Logs"

Edit: yeah without that file the container keeps restarting on my systems. With that file in place it, starts on a i3-4130 without an issue

Edited by Mainfrezzer
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Sorry, I completely missed your post.

No worries I was going to re ping it hahah :)

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

May I ask what this has to do with the game servers? Please also take into consideration that FTP is working a bit differently than SteamCMD.

Nothing but this was just me testing the server's and network config stability. I also had a speedtester running for a few days before with no faults so more just 'the network seems to be fine'

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Here are we talking about the connection to Palworld or better speaking the container itself correct?

Do you maybe have Diagnostics from your server?

This was when i loaded the logs from the docker (Clicking the container and going -> logs). I was able to load the game and connect (From the game to my local server IP within my network) but the game will drop me and present me with an error and the logs just show me as leaving the server. The Log snippit i posted shows in just downloading the update it lost the connection multiple times for just the steamcmd update.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Not that I'm aware of.

What NIC are you using?

I'm using a Dell server and it has 4 Nic's two Ethernet 2 fibre. I was using the dual nics in failover mode I disabled it to see if that was an issue now its connected via Eth0

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Just download the container or dedicated server (if you don't use the container on the other sever) stop the container after fully starting for the first time and copy over the Saves directory, you don't need to copy the whole directory <- this is also best practice to avoid weird issues.

Ok so I should let the Docker download/install itself first then just dump the save directly where the world data appears to be, noted.

tower-diagnostics-20240719-2015.zip

1 hour ago, Ashilder said:

This seems a bit strange to me, I've checked the minimum requirements and my processor seems compatible:

Sorry, but as said above, the container starts fine on my Intel i9-10900

I now updated the container to wait 10 seconds for logs so even this CPU should be able to start the dedicated server in time.

1 hour ago, Mainfrezzer said:

Edit: yeah without that file the container keeps restarting on my systems. With that file in place it, starts on a i3-4130 without an issue

This is strange but why should the file be missing?

Maybe this old CPU is not quick enough to start the application in 5 seconds...

35 minutes ago, brent3000 said:

This was when i loaded the logs from the docker (Clicking the container and going -> logs). I was able to load the game and connect (From the game to my local server IP within my network) but the game will drop me and present me with an error and the logs just show me as leaving the server. The Log snippit i posted shows in just downloading the update it lost the connection multiple times for just the steamcmd update.

Sorry but I also run the container for some friends and have no issues at all.

About the SteamCMD error I really can't help, do you maybe have any AdBlockers or LANCache or similar installed?

Unifi network gear seems to cause issues at times.

37 minutes ago, brent3000 said:

Ok so I should let the Docker download/install itself first then just dump the save directly where the world data appears to be, noted.

Yes, that's what I would do since copying over the whole directory doesn't make much sense to me.

This is strange but why should the file be missing?

Maybe this old CPU is not quick enough to start the application in 5 seconds...

Ive no clue. When you install the container new, completely fresh, without the appdata section prior existing. The file doesnt get created and it just loops and loops and loops.

8 minutes ago, Mainfrezzer said:

Ive no clue. When you install the container new, completely fresh, without the appdata section prior existing. The file doesnt get created and it just loops and loops and loops.

Maybe it‘s because it can‘t start the server quickly enough.

I‘ve upped the time from 5 to 10 seconds before it tries to grab the logs, that should hopefully fix the issue.

Il y a 10 minutes, Mainfrezzer a dit :

Je n’en ai aucune idée. Lorsque vous installez le conteneur nouveau, complètement frais, sans que la section appdata n'existe auparavant. Le fichier n’est pas créé et il fait juste des boucles et des boucles et des boucles.

I finally managed to get the server working by removing ‘steamcmd’ and ‘conanexiles’ and redoing the installation.

I get a lot of errors in the console about entities but not about the log file that can't be found

Thanks you !

image.thumb.png.8ca81c7afcced7f8e70b961d0ba644ce.png

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Maybe it‘s because it can‘t start the server quickly enough.

I‘ve upped the time to 10 seconds, that should hopefully fix the issue.

The file still is not being created, i checked it on my usual J4125 system.

We need to tick this box

No you don‘t need to tickt that box and this is really bad what you are doing and a huge security implication!

I really don't know why everyone is so careless with this switch, this switch should always be off by default!

By enabling that switch you grant full access to the host and so to speak possible all your files and everything that is going on your system, this is really bad, please disable this immediately!

I've already pushed a update to the container which should fix the issue.

Please update the container itself (force update button with Advanced View on the Docker page enabled).

10 minutes ago, Mainfrezzer said:

@ich777i tested with a couple of delays, 20, isnt enough 30 seconds is. I think its way easier to do a file check in the startup script and if it doesnt exist, touch it into existence😅

Sorry but no…

I change something in the logic later.

Fix pushed, please update the container itself.

• Like 2

No you don‘t need to tickt that box and this is really bad what you are doing and a huge security implication!

I really don't know why everyone is so careless with this switch, this switch should always be off by default!

By enabling that switch you grant full access to the host and so to speak possible all your files and everything that is going on your system, this is really bad, please disable this immediately!

I've already pushed a update to the container which should fix the issue.

Please update the container itself (force update button with Advanced View on the Docker page enabled).

It seems that I rushed, I tried without checking this box and it works, there is just a problem during the first installation, some files like ConanExiles.log does not install.

edit: but you seem to have already solved the problem thank you!

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

About the SteamCMD error I really can't help, do you maybe have any AdBlockers or LANCache or similar installed?

Unifi network gear seems to cause issues at times.

Thats whats odd, this is a brand new install of unraid and the other server is up and running fine with the only issue being it keeps maxing ram :) 

I may tru and re-install unraid and see if anything changes :/ 

This was the error i sometimes get when trying a new install on this server

---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration not found, downloading...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---No PublicIP found in PalWorldSettings.ini, trying to obtain it...---
---Can't get PublicIP, please set it manually in your PalWorldSettings.ini!---
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

What does it use to try and get the public IP which I can try and test to diagnose? 

Edited by brent3000
added more info
4 hours ago, brent3000 said:

This was the error i sometimes get when trying a new install on this server

Why are you not setting the IP manually?

4 hours ago, brent3000 said:

What does it use to try and get the public IP which I can try and test to diagnose? 

It just uses wget in combination with:

ipv4.icanhazip.com

This is a really simple way of pulling the IPv4, when nothing is retuned then you get this error but I can‘t answer why icanhazip wouldn‘t return a IP…