[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 hour ago, Danimator said:

Hey when I do this I'm getting a Optional Script has thrown an Error in my logs

The script is 

#!/bin/bash

su $USER

${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd +login ${USERNAME} ${PASSWRD} +@nCSClientRateLimitKbps 50000 +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} +app_update ${GAME_ID} +workshop_download_item 450814997 validate +quit

image.thumb.png.a5dce9c21e624087e3db8025dd0b7059.png

The /steamcmd was just missing .sh

But now I'm running into a missing file permissions error

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do this from a Unraid terminal:

chmod 777 <FILENAME>

on the file itself.

Same thing 

image.thumb.png.f06fcb722090bf376b907989e9e8e27f.png

Current user.sh

su $USER

${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh +login ${USERNAME} ${PASSWRD} +app_update ${GAME_ID} +workshop_download_item 450814997 validate +quit

Should line 23-25 happen before the optional scripts check?
image.thumb.png.3465fbe286a8c87ff6b5e9a01005449b.png

2 minutes ago, Danimator said:

Should line 23-25 happen before the optional scripts check?

Nope, because the user script was never meant to be used like that.

Wouldn't it be more easy to modify the start-server.sh script from your user script so that you inject just the line:

${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd +login ${USERNAME} ${PASSWRD} +@nCSClientRateLimitKbps 50000 +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} +app_update ${GAME_ID} +workshop_download_item 450814997 validate +quit

if it's not found?

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Nope, because the user script was never meant to be used like that.

Wouldn't it be more easy to modify the start-server.sh script from your user script so that you inject just the line:

if it's not found?

I'm not great with shell scripts, 

Would it be like a return statement to have it run in your start.sh script?

Or how would that look?

7 minutes ago, Danimator said:

I'm not great with shell scripts, 

I think something like this should do the job just fine:

sed -i "32i\\
\${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd +login \${USERNAME} \${PASSWRD} +@nCSClientRateLimitKbps 50000 +force_install_dir \${SERVER_DIR} +app_update \${GAME_ID} +workshop_download_item 450814997 validate +quit
" /opt/scripts/start-server.sh

this should insert your line after line 32.

Please note that this is untested and I'm not sure if I have escaped all symbols correctly.

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think something like this should do the job just fine:

sed -i "32i\\
\${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd +login \${USERNAME} \${PASSWRD} +@nCSClientRateLimitKbps 50000 +force_install_dir \${SERVER_DIR} +app_update \${GAME_ID} +workshop_download_item 450814997 validate +quit
" /opt/scripts/start-server.sh

this should insert your line after line 32.

Please note that this is untested and I'm not sure if I have escaped all symbols correctly.

I believe it's in the step of the right direction as after tweaking what you just sent to have +force_install_dir to be infront of login it just gives me a file not found

updated user.sh
sed -i "32i\\ \${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh +force_install_dir \${SERVER_DIR} +login \${USERNAME} \${PASSWRD} +@nCSClientRateLimitKbps 50000 +app_update \${GAME_ID} +workshop_download_item 450814997 validate +quit " /opt/scripts/start-server.sh

Results

image.thumb.png.25278ec123bd14dfdad4ca4a0f27b814.png
image.thumb.png.36d7c3c32b4e8f6347a011ce3eda27f1.png

I can't tell what the issue is other then its failing to start the download item 0 which I can't figure out what that means.

When I go to look for /serverdata/Steam/logs I can't find the actual logs

8 minutes ago, Danimator said:

I can't tell what the issue is other then its failing to start the download item 0 which I can't figure out what that means.

Sorry but you are on your own with that, you should really look first how my start script is working, steamcmd is not found because it is named steamcmd.sh, just take a look here.

Modding is always up to the user and this is some heavy modding... :)

(Maybe try asking ChatGPT for help if you aren't that great at scripting)

I think this should get you on the right track however I can't do anything abou tthe core dumps, don't know what's wrong there...

• Thanks 1

Hi @ich777,

Haven't played the game in a few days and have kept the containers turned off.

Core Keeper recently had its 1.0 release; I was able to update and load it in the pre-release .99 version last week, so I decided to start the containers today to try out the new stuff. The update took quite a while (10+ minutes), but it finally updated with their newest release.  However, now it's segfaulting when starting the server:

Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 95.34 (194735176 / 204242814)
 Update state (0x81) verifying update, progress: 51.65 (105498337 / 204242814)
Success! App '1963720' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Checking for old display lock files---
---Checking for old logfiles---
---Server ready---
---Starting Xvfb server---
---Start Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 84:   137 Segmentation fault      ${SERVER_DIR}/CoreKeeperServer -batchmode -logfile ${SERVER_DIR}/CoreKeeperServerLog.txt -world ${WORLD_INDEX} -worldname "${WORLD_NAME}" -datapath "${SERVER_DIR}/Save" ${GAME_PARAMS} 2 > /dev/null
Terminated

I'm running two different core keeper servers on UnRAID using these containers.  These did work a week ago. Both are now failing once they were updated with the same error.

6 hours ago, DallasP said:

Nevermind decided to pay for a server instead of trying to get it working here

There was someone with the same issue and the reason it was failing was that some paths where not correct.

On 8/24/2024 at 10:38 AM, coffeechimp754 said:

There are no beta branches available for Palworld. The public branch is the only available branch (https://steamdb.info/app/1623730/depots/). OP would need a way to restrict steamcmd from updating the installed version even if it sees an updated version in the public branch. I don't think there is a way to do that other than staying offline.

Just curious if anyone else had any success in finding a way to prevent the update to the latest Steam version since I am in a similar boat. The server I set up allows friends to join who are playing on Xbox and PC Gamepass who get the latest patches after Steam does (over a week for the most recent patch). As someone else mentioned, this makes the server unusable to those players until the Xbox/Windows Store catches up. I tried to use the line ich777 mentioned to pull older branches as a test, but like the above post mentioned it seems like all branches besides the current public branch are locked.

Thanks everyone for all you do btw, newer to Unraid here but first time poster, and reading posts on this forum has been super helpful in learning things. Also thanks to ich777 for your server containers.

8 hours ago, bunnyzoo14 said:

Just curious if anyone else had any success in finding a way to prevent the update to the latest Steam version since I am in a similar boat. The server I set up allows friends to join who are playing on Xbox and PC Gamepass who get the latest patches after Steam does (over a week for the most recent patch). As someone else mentioned, this makes the server unusable to those players until the Xbox/Windows Store catches up. I tried to use the line ich777 mentioned to pull older branches as a test, but like the above post mentioned it seems like all branches besides the current public branch are locked.

Thanks everyone for all you do btw, newer to Unraid here but first time poster, and reading posts on this forum has been super helpful in learning things. Also thanks to ich777 for your server containers.

I could implement a function to disable updates but please be aware that you than have the other side of the issue and you have to manually update and maybe even restart the container manually or worse restart it twice, depending on how this would be implemented.

May I ask how far behind the Xbox version is? Wouldn't it be possible for the developers of the game to push the update to Xbox first and then when it got released push the update to the PC version?

On 8/29/2024 at 9:27 PM, ich777 said:

I‘ll look into that and report back.

Core keeper servers seem to be working now with your container. Didn't change anything on my end and there were no updates to the container, so I assume there was some issue with the dedicated server itself.

Thanks for supporting these things, @ich777!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Uplinkpro said:

Having a strange issue with Core Keeper, Server starts just fine but cannot be connected to no matter what no idea what the Issue is 

The user above you (@Alyred) had a similar issue but he says now that it's working properly.

Don't know what changed.

Should the ACC server container still be working as posted in the app section? I am trying to get it going, it lauches and the server shows up but the server closes in about 60 second after the container launches, and the same thing for log window and CLI if you open them when the container opens its goes throug hand confirms lauch but about 60 seconds later it crashs with no info given.

43 minutes ago, Motobuddy said:

Should the ACC server container still be working as posted in the app section? I am trying to get it going, it lauches and the server shows up but the server closes in about 60 second after the container launches, and the same thing for log window and CLI if you open them when the container opens its goes throug hand confirms lauch but about 60 seconds later it crashs with no info given.

These are not crashes this is usually a indication that the master server can't communicate with your server and the container simply restarts.

Please double check if the ports are properly forwarded in your Firewall/Router.

AFAIK the container is working fine @giganode is running a instance on his server IIRC.

Hi Guys I need some advice or brainstorming help,

I currently have an Ark Survival Evolved Server that me and a friend are playing on AND I am trying to setup an Ark Ascended Server for the next map (we are doing the story playthrough).

I manged to get the server to show up in the ASA server browser (see image)
image.thumb.png.720f8410b439f9e56402e62c91bf88b2.png

but I get a connection timeout everytime I try to join 

could it be because of port mappings ? (screenshot shows ASE (Working) ASA (Not able to connect))

image.png.ef7b11f63152011a065ca1263307a18d.png

I also have these ports setup on the router (I know the ranges are wide you can bash me if you help me 🤣)

image.png.296b3263a7417534827a3aa1c077988b.png

The container is basically vanilla from the tools section in unraid except things like server name and map, passwords. I have not changed any of the GameUserSettings.ini lines either (because I cannot connect to the server).

any ideas ??

12 minutes ago, Caaarrrlll said:

could it be because of port mappings ? (screenshot shows ASE (Working) ASA (Not able to connect))

Yes and because that's not how it works, you can't NAT eg. port 27015 to 27016

The query port server sends the port with the first response and your client still wants to connect on port 27015 where you've translated that to 27016 and that's why you got timeouts <- hope that explains your issue.

What you have to do is basically change the ports in the config files (before editing the files always stop the container) so that they reflect the ports that you want to use, delete the old port mapping for eg. port 27015 and create a new port mapping with the container and host port (please also use the correct protocol) set to the same as your config then it will work properly.

For a more in depth explanation please look at the third recommended post on top of this thread, it's basically the same except you have to change the config and more ports.

BTW, you don't have to hide your Internal IPs, nobody can connect to them from outside. :D

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes and because that's not how it works, you can't NAT eg. port 27015 to 27016

The query port server sends the port with the first response and your client still wants to connect on port 27015 where you've translated that to 27016 and that's why you got timeouts <- hope that explains your issue.

What you have to do is basically change the ports in the config files (before editing the files always stop the container) so that they reflect the ports that you want to use, delete the old port mapping for eg. port 27015 and create a new port mapping with the container and host port (please also use the correct protocol) set to the same as your config then it will work properly.

For a more in depth explanation please look at the third recommended post on top of this thread, it's basically the same except you have to change the config and more ports.

BTW, you don't have to hide your Internal IPs, nobody can connect to them from outside. :D

Thank you so much for the quick response,

image.thumb.png.4606b8adb05aa07a491de6fd0a62652b.png

Wouldn't the Game Params accomplish the same thing as what you said ? (I might also be misunderstanding 🤣)

Ill go look at that post quick

I wasn't sure, I am very new to running this server 🤣

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Caaarrrlll said:

Wouldn't the Game Params accomplish the same thing as what you said ? (I might also be misunderstanding 🤣)

Sure, the game parameters would also do the job just fine, I just find it more easy to do it in the config files sometimes, you can of course do it how you want it. ;)

But from your screenshot you've provided you have set it up wrong because the port inside the container is now 27016 but you forward the port 27015 from the container to 27016 outside the container, you have to set the port to 27016 on both the host an container side so that it actually works:

grafik.png.ad9e4c045ab69fc9c79561390f7b2fd7.png

Please also don't forget to change the gameport too in the config and create new entries in the Docker template.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Caaarrrlll said:

Thank you so much for the quick response,

image.thumb.png.4606b8adb05aa07a491de6fd0a62652b.png

Ill go look at that post quick

I wasn't sure, I am very new to running this server 🤣

@ich777 Managed to do it through the docker config and it is working now, 

To clarify for anyone reading this, if you don't do it in the GameUserSettings.ini it has to go into Extra Game Parameters 
-port=xxxx -QueryPort=xxxxx when not using defaults

Ill see if I can clean up some of the things this weekend and maybe make a guide for future plebs like me 🤣

image.thumb.png.c385c72de0502c3578ac25f6e49ffcf0.png

Here is the config part now after the changes and I almost think the RCON port can also be removed as I am not using a 3rd party manager that needs to communicate with the servers

Edited by Caaarrrlll
17 minutes ago, Caaarrrlll said:

Here is the config part now after the changes and I almost think the RCON port can also be removed as I am not using a 3rd party manager that needs to communicate with the servers

I might be wrong but I think you also have to forward GAMEPORT +1 so to speak in your case: 7779 + 7780