dkerlee

178 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HI @realdiel, sorry to just get back to you, work has been crazy. Thanks for your help troubleshooting this!   I'll try to explain the process as clearly as possible. What I suggest you do i

================ To find the roon docker ================ APPS tab on the top Search for "roonserver", it'll pop right up       ================ Install setup Roon

I figured it out. 2 parts (for my issue): 1) The playlist has to be in the same folders as the music itself. For instance, if you're monitoring a folder called /music, the playlist files have to

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Kendel said:

Config photo

Yep, as @mikela suggestes, your problem stems from the fact that you have the /app and /data directories mounted in the same host directory. We previously identified this as the causes of some major problems associated with updating and I then updated my template. You should be able to fix this problem fairly easily by either:

A) Choosing one of the options I describe here, if you want to try to keep your existing library. More work, but you get to keep your existing library data. 

or B) if you'd prefer to start from scratch (which will be easier, but will require you to delete your appdata folder and rebuild your library), you should change up your container configuration to match something like this (the backup and music directory location are up to you of course):

1125319966_ScreenShot2021-02-26at6_58_52PM.thumb.png.2e4305df0f2205577be22fe67a6920e4.png

You won't necessarily need to do to this manually - if you remove your RoonServer container and delete your RoonServer appdata folder, then search for Roon in Community Apps and my most recent template should be available, which has the correct directory mappings.

Edited by xthursdayx
7 hours ago, xthursdayx said:

Yep, as @mikela suggestes, your problem stems from the fact that you have the /app and /data directories mounted in the same host directory. We previously identified this as the causes of some major problems associated with updating and I then updated my template. You should be able to fix this problem fairly easily by either:

A) Choosing one of the options I describe here, if you want to try to keep your existing library. More work, but you get to keep your existing library data. 

or B) if you'd prefer to start from scratch (which will be easier, but will require you to delete your appdata folder and rebuild your library), you should change up your container configuration to match something like this (the backup and music directory location are up to you of course):

1125319966_ScreenShot2021-02-26at6_58_52PM.thumb.png.2e4305df0f2205577be22fe67a6920e4.png

You won't necessarily need to do to this manually - if you remove your RoonServer container and delete your RoonServer appdata folder, then search for Roon in Community Apps and my most recent template should be available, which has the correct directory mappings.

Thanks All!!

I'm trying option B since I've already lost my earlier libraries.

Roon is running now building my "new" library.  Hopefully this will work whenever the next Roon update comes along....

Thanks again for your help!

Kendel