Roon docker, unRaid Roon support, "steefdebruijn/docker-roonserver"


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, xthursdayx said:

UPDATE: Just updated my Roon Core container via Roon running on my MacBook (and that Roon instance as well) to 1.8 with no problems at all. Everything looks great!

Same here! So glad this is working.

Link to comment

So as someone who's just finishing up a trial, it looks like I missed all the pain. For me, it was a very straightforward initial setup ad the update was smoothness itself. 

 

The 1.8 UI, on first impressions, looks like a vast improvement on what went before which was somewhat clunky and tricky to navigate (on desktop). 

 

Now, my only decision is Qobuz or Tidal. (I'm leaning towards the former).

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I did a new install of roon on unraid using this docker, getting major issues. It will run for a while then becomes unstable and seems to crash or at least cannot be seen on the network the docker is running. If I restart it, it comes back but the squeezebox devices on the network can no longer be found until I restart them, then it works again for a while before the cycle restarts.

 

I see lots of this in the logs

 

has mp3float: 1, aac_fixed: 0
Running
Not responding
Error

Initializing
Started
Not responding
aac_fixed decoder found, checking libavcodec version...

has mp3float: 1, aac_fixed: 0
Running
Not responding
Error

Not responding
Initializing
Started
aac_fixed decoder found, checking libavcodec version...

has mp3float: 1, aac_fixed: 0
Running
Not responding
[0;37;1m[0;0m00:00:00.002 [0;31mWarn: get lock file path: /tmp/.rnsgem0-[0;0m
[0;37;1m[0;0m00:00:00.114 [0;36mTrace: [childprocess] using unix child process[0;0m
Initializing
Started
aac_fixed decoder found, checking libavcodec version...

has mp3float: 1, aac_fixed: 0
Running
Not responding
Error

 

Link to comment
20 hours ago, garethsnaim said:

I did a new install of roon on unraid using this docker, getting major issues.

@garethsnaim unfortunately, I'm not sure what's causing your issue and I suspect it is an issue unique to your set up and the actual Roon docker itself, rather than an issue caused by my unraid template (which follows steefdebruijn's mappings) . My suggestion is to post a new issue on steefdebruijn's github repo: https://github.com/steefdebruijn/docker-roonserver

Link to comment
On 12/19/2020 at 11:31 PM, DaveW42 said:

1) MULTIPLE MUSIC DIRECTORIES:  I have my music files in separate directories.  The template by default provides a single entry for your music directory.  I went ahead and entered one of my music directories, and then later I tried to add another directory using the main Roon interface (i.e., in the settings, storage area of Roon Remote).  Needless to say, it didn't work after numerous attempts.  After searching a bit I learned that docker containers can't really see your host file system, unless you map (mount?) particular directories.  This is done through the aforementioned template, by selecting "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device," and then you just follow the formatting example established for the first music directory you set up.

 

 

Hey folks, I just tried to add a second music folder following this approach and got an error message indicating a duplicate mount directory.  Am I missing something?

Link to comment
9 hours ago, mikela said:

 

Hey folks, I just tried to add a second music folder following this approach and got an error message indicating a duplicate mount directory.  Am I missing something?

Hey Mikela, can you provide us with a screenshot of both of your music folder settings - the one that currently works and the one that gives you an error? Here is what mine looks like just for reference:
image.png.6182f8450f9dc136672411b5989cf503.png

Link to comment

Here are my settings without adding the additional path:

 

 

roonserver settings.png

 

I tried to add another path:  /mnt/user/music (Blu-ray)/ to the Container Path: /music

 

I just noticed that my share is actually "Music (Blu-ray) and now I can't remember if I used the lower case in my attempt.

Edited by mikela
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, dkerlee said:

Mapping two locations to /music is probably the issues. Just map to another folder. For instance:

1. music 2/ > /music

2. music (Blu-ray)/ > /music2

 

Then, in Roon, simply point it at BOTH /music and /music2

 

Ahhh...that makes total sense.  I'll give it a shot and report back.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I ran my core in Windows 10 for a year, then I created a backup lately.  Now I installed this container and assigned it as the core, then tried to restore that backup (when it asked me to sign in, I click "restore backup").  But the restoration of the backup fails.  Can I do this?  Are there any tricks?

Edited by xrqp
Link to comment
On 2/23/2021 at 1:04 AM, xrqp said:

I ran my core in Windows 10 for a year, then I created a backup lately.  Now I installed this container and assigned it as the core, then tried to restore that backup (when it asked me to sign in, I click "restore backup").  But the restoration of the backup fails.  Can I do this?  Are there any tricks?

 I haven't had any problems restoring backup using this image Docker image/template combo, but that was restoring from the same setup (this Docker container running Roon Core on my UNRAID server). I'm not sure if there are any issues restoring backups across operating systems, but that might be a question for the Roon forums. However, if you find that it's an issue with permissions or anything associated with either my UNRAID DockerMan template, or Steef's original Docker image, I'll be happy to try to help sort it out. 

 

In either case, you'll need to include any error logs you have from the container when you try to restore your backup (if any exist, that is).

Edited by xthursdayx
Link to comment

Subject: Updating

I read most containers (BinHex or LinuxIO) say do not update thru the app, but instead update through the Docker tab in Unraid where at the bottom is a button to Update.  But I think you all say, this container is different and I can update thru the app (in other words, when it nags to update, I can click "update all" on the Roon remote control app on ipad).  Is this correct?

 

I now have Roon Remote on my ipad (v1.8 build 756) and on my win10 (v1.8 build 763).  And already it is nagging me to update every time I start the app, and I cannot figure out what build number it is trying to update to.  I am scared to update generally, and even more so while it is building library.  

Edited by xrqp
Link to comment
15 hours ago, xrqp said:

I now have Roon Remote on my ipad (v1.8 build 756) and on my win10 (v1.8 build 763).  And already it is nagging me to update every time I start the app, and I cannot figure out what build number it is trying to update to.  I am scared to update generally, and even more so while it is building library.  

 

Yes, you can update the Roon running in this container via the app. I think the fact that it is nagging you to update every time you start the app is just coincidental - Roon has released multiple builds over the last few days since 1.8 came out in order to fix issues that were identified after launch. Is it literally every time you restart you app, or is it just that you've had to update a few times over the last week?

Edited by xthursdayx
Link to comment

with latest Roon release (1.8 build 764), I tried letting Roon perform its auto-update.  I then Stopped the Docker Container and restarted it.  My computer app then gave me the "waiting for the Roon core" message and I had to go to select a different one (which was the updated version).  When I selected it, it was like a fresh install with no library, missing settings, no audio devices configured etc.  

 

Last time for (1.8 build 763) just a few days ago I just tried the update from within the app but with the same results.

 

Since build 763/764 were only a couple days apart I hadn't backed up my library to try to reload it, but I know from a previous update I lost my library anyways and the backup didn't work.

 

It's really a hassle to redo settings, etc. everytime there's a patch to Roon.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong that a patched Roon doesn't see the newly patched Roon core??

I haven't revised any of the docker settings so I'm confused.

Thanks, Kendel

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Kendel said:

with latest Roon release (1.8 build 764), I tried letting Roon perform its auto-update.  I then Stopped the Docker Container and restarted it.  My computer app then gave me the "waiting for the Roon core" message and I had to go to select a different one (which was the updated version).  When I selected it, it was like a fresh install with no library, missing settings, no audio devices configured etc.  

 

Last time for (1.8 build 763) just a few days ago I just tried the update from within the app but with the same results.

 

Since build 763/764 were only a couple days apart I hadn't backed up my library to try to reload it, but I know from a previous update I lost my library anyways and the backup didn't work.

 

It's really a hassle to redo settings, etc. everytime there's a patch to Roon.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong that a patched Roon doesn't see the newly patched Roon core??

I haven't revised any of the docker settings so I'm confused.

Thanks, Kendel

Post a picture of your container configuration in Unraid. I haven't run into that problem with any of the recent updates, and no one else has mentioned it recently, so hopefully it's a simple configuration problem.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, xthursdayx said:

Is it literally every time you restart you app (that you get update nag).

It was, but that was when I had the wrong paths (everything went to RAM only) and it locked up and crashed, never really doing a build.  Now that I fixed it, I do not see the nags yet.  After my library and analysis is done, I will do a backup, then try update, and report back here.

Link to comment
16 hours ago, xthursdayx said:

Post a picture of your container configuration in Unraid. I haven't run into that problem with any of the recent updates, and no one else has mentioned it recently, so hopefully it's a simple configuration problem.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.0edbaa429cbd23d7ff5f1b94a0a2f254.jpg

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.