[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Usually such containers are safe to expose to the Internet and forward the ports directly and as said above, there is not much benefit to route it through a reverse proxy (which is in general possible) since you are overcomplicating and maybe also introducing other weird behaviour or other issues.

i guess so.. i can't get it work via proxie from cloudflare.. but normaly that shouldnt be an issue.. but i am not that deep into it to figure it out.. but it workes fine with only "DNS" to it. 

1 minute ago, eLpresidente said:

i guess so.. i can't get it work via proxie from cloudflare.. but normaly that shouldnt be an issue.. but i am not that deep into it to figure it out.. but it workes fine with only "DNS" to it. 

I think you have only a few ports available in the free tier from Cloudflare even if you have more than one, if you want to use it with Cloudflare it would work but you have to switch over to the paid tier but to be honest I never looked into that but in general it should work.

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think you have only a few ports available in the free tier from Cloudflare even if you have more than one, if you want to use it with Cloudflare it would work but you have to switch over to the paid tier but to be honest I never looked into that but in general it should work.

my domain is bought via Cloudflare.. i got planty CNAMES forwarded via Proxy, they all work fine.. but like you said.. they are all http/https Containers, like plex, homarr, kasm, etc.. my thought was, that i have to do it the same way, but just forwarding these things in Fritz.Box and Creating ts3.host.com without proxy in Cloudflare worked..  the only thing is now, that someone ping ts3.host.com they will get my real IP4 Adress, but i guess these is the downside of haveing a ts3 server on my own.. 

Generally i thought, that if i Check Proxy in Cloudflare the rooting is 

--> ts3.host.com (IP from cloudflare) --> Cloudflare routes it internaly to my real IP4 adress. 

But like i mentioned earlyer, i am not so deep into these things.. still learning a lot of these things 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, ich777 said:

They just released a new version...

I already updated the container. ;)

(Maybe the found an issue which is with the new version fixed)

I updated it and I'm having the same issue. Certain syncs give this error when adding new files:
Mismatch on sync root FSID.

The log is flooded with this for all syncs:
DTL  Opening mount database
WARN A virtual device shfs seems to contain path:
WARN Couldn't determine which device contains path:
WARN Falling back to legacy filesystem fingerprint:

Is there anyway to downgrade?

I found MEGA's github. I want to go back to 4.12.2.0.
https://github.com/meganz/MEGAsync/releases

Edited by AwesomeAustn
6 hours ago, AwesomeAustn said:

I updated it and I'm having the same issue. Certain syncs give this error when adding new files:
Mismatch on sync root FSID.

I would really much report that to the Mega support.

6 hours ago, AwesomeAustn said:

Is there anyway to downgrade?

Not for now.

Thanks for the link, I know of their repositories (I don't know why they upload them to their GitHub in the first place because that would much simplify the process.

I would really see the issue solved in the first place and why this is happening.

Maybe the support can provide you with the requested version for Debian 11 or 12 (preferably Debian 12), it's a bit unfortunate that they only keep the latest version in their download repository.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Atreides said:

Would it be possible in a future update you could integrate this into your package so we would have a module/management UI?

Sorry but I deprecated the MagicMirror2 container a month ago and I won‘t maintain/update it any further.

So to speak it may still work fine but it is time to look for an alternative.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but I deprecated the MagicMirror2 container a month ago and I won‘t maintain/update it any further.

So to speak it may still work fine but it is time to look for an alternative.

Oh man. I just missed it haha. I hear you you. My install did work but I understand moving on to something else JIC. Thanks!

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

Using Luckybackup very good Docker but the scheduling is confusing me. All works perfectly manually but will not run as a cron job as per schedule. I'm sure I've missed something simple so any help appreciated.

Below is container setup, backup setup, crontab and schedule. 

Where have I gone wrong ???

backup command.JPG

luckybackup docker.JPG

cron job.JPG

schedule lucky.JPG

35 minutes ago, justintas said:

but will not run as a cron job as per schedule.

are you sure ? the UI wont update the last runs ... therefore you need to restart lucky ;)

may 1st take a look at your logs ... or restart lucky to check.

log to check is here

image.png.5982f9e02b541657b6445889bb27cf58.png

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, justintas said:

here is my default profile plus command, can't see anything wrong with it ?

may consider removing spaces and special characters (), could be an issue ...

it works fine when you trigger it manually, so ssh key setup is ok i assume.

22 minutes ago, justintas said:

here is my default profile plus command

Did you run the profile once manually to check if it is actually working properly?

EDIT: I don‘t know why everyone is doing this, PLEASE DISABLE PRIVILEGED IN THE TEMPLATE!

Set run as root to true and you are good to go.

Can you please tell me what is not working exactly? Have you also checked the time in the container if it‘s the same or if there is an offset and maybe that‘s why the cron job is not working?

Everytime you change the Docker template you have to click crone it again if you run the container as root.

6 minutes ago, justintas said:

I could try that but seems to run ok manually ? 

i would give it a try

manually comes the command from some scraping from webui

cron runs in terminal ...

and you should always avoid spaces and special characters ... only when you write it yourself and know how to escape everything ...

or may run the command from the commandline and see if that works ...

sample from here, just copy the command and run it from lucky console

/usr/bin/luckybackup -c --no-questions --skip-critical /root/.luckyBackup/profiles/_Backup.profile > /root/.luckyBackup/logs/_Backup-LastCronLog.log 2>&1

43 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you run the profile once manually to check if it is actually working properly?

EDIT: I don‘t know why everyone is doing this, PLEASE DISABLE PRIVILEGED IN THE TEMPLATE!

Set run as root to true and you are good to go.

Can you please tell me what is not working exactly? Have you also checked the time in the container if it‘s the same or if there is an offset and maybe that‘s why the cron job is not working?

Everytime you change the Docker template you have to click crone it again if you run the container as root.

Yes checked manually, all ok

Recreated container and made adjustments following container setup attached

Time is same in container as system

Thanks re cron it will make sure to that, have recreated new profile and cron it . Set new time, time passed and backup did not start.

Log files are empty

one question I follow the setup in https://unraid.net/blog/unraid-server-backups-with-luckybackup but I notice you say to use use /luckybackup/.ssh/id_rsa are the instructions wrong and I should use use /luckybackup/.ssh/id_rsa ?

Although it does run manually so remote connection is ok ?

Appreciate the assistance 

cron tab 180524.JPG

backup profile 180524.JPG

container settings 180524.JPG

28 minutes ago, justintas said:

I notice you say to use use /luckybackup/.ssh/id_rsa are the instructions wrong and I should use use /luckybackup/.ssh/id_rsa

I don't understand, you are mentioning the same file twice.

In the thread I said that you always should use luckybackup/.ssh/... instead of /root/.ssh/... because the /root path is wrong.

Although it does run manually so remote connection is ok ?

Yes.

Thanks re cron it will make sure to that, have recreated new profile and cron it . Set new time, time passed and backup did not start.

Are you really sure that the timezone in the container is correct because for most people is wrong and this is what ultimately causes a delay.

Have you yet tried to set up a schedule for testing that is not bound to a hour and instead use something like: 10 * * * * (this will run every day and every hour on the 10th minute).

BTW, you won't see anything in the GUI since these are background tasks and luckyBackup was never designed to be still running if a background task is executed.

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Are you really sure that the timezone in the container is correct because for most people is wrong and this is what ultimately causes a delay.

Have you yet tried to set up a schedule for testing that is not bound to a hour and instead use something like: 10 * * * * (this will run every day and every hour on the 10th minute).

BTW, you won't see anything in the GUI since these are background tasks and luckyBackup was never designed to be still running if a background task is executed.

Here is the time zone between both only difference is one is in 24 (Unraid terminal) other is 12 hour (Luckybackup container console) would that make a difference ? 

Will setup a new schedule for next hour to check again. so steps;

1. Set new schedule

2. Cronit 

3. check log via lucky console cat root/.luckyBackup/logs/default-LastCronLog.log

4. report back

time settings.JPG

unfortunately it didn't work, empty log file? 

here is the luckcron.txt

10 * * * *      /usr/bin/luckybackup -c --no-questions --skip-critical /root/.luckyBackup/profiles/backup.profile > /root/.luckyBackup/logs/backup-LastCronLog.log 2>&1

and schedule.dat

root@HPtower:~/.luckyBackup/schedule# cat schedule.dat 
***************************** WARNING *****************************
Do NOT edit this file directly, unless you REALLY know what you are doing !!

[app_global]
appName=luckyBackup
appVersion=0.5
File_Type=luckybackup_schedule_file

[schedule_global]
TotalSchedules=1

[Schedule] - 0
ScheduleName=Execute profile 'backup', hourly at minute  10, every day of any month
ProfilePath=/root/.luckyBackup/profiles/backup.profile
ProfileName=backup
ScheduleMonth=0
ScheduleMonthDay=0
ScheduleWeekDay=0
ScheduleHour=-1
ScheduleMinute=10
ScheduleSkipCritical=1
ScheduleConsoleMode=1
ScheduleAtReboot=0
ScheduleAtRebootDelay=3
[Schedule_end] - 0

[all_schedules_end]

Not sure where to check , is time difference of 24hour vs 12 hour an issue ? 

empty log file?

Can you please check if the files actually get transferred instead of looking at the logs this would be the first thing that I would recommend.

Not sure where to check , is time difference of 24hour vs 12 hour an issue ? 

This is not an issue at all.

here is the luckcron.txt

This is not from interest, what does the crontab look like for the root user.

@justintas a backup over here was just triggered via CRON and is working as it should.

As you can see here there is nothing running in the GUI while the job is running:

grafik.thumb.png.de93bff0b702bb5a736c72f1a6158204.png

But as you can see from the output from top it is indeed running:

grafik.thumb.png.b9a10058ce16b84920bd0e6d5093a4e6.png

18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you please check if the files actually get transferred instead of looking at the logs this would be the first thing that I would recommend.

Yes they did get transferred in my test file so it is working!!

This is were I'm getting confused...but why do log files not update so I know it worked ? Is there a way to have an email when it runs each time ?

see attached profile view, it shows the completed files  but date information in yellow is incorrect i think that is also throwing me off as well. Thoughts ?

20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is not from interest, what does the crontab look like for the root user. 

Here is cron tab is it from the correct place ? from terminal of Unraid.

I don't see any LuckyBackup refernce should it be there or am i looking at the wrong file ?

root@HPtower:/var/spool/cron/crontabs# cat root
# If you don't want the output of a cron job mailed to you, you have to direct
# any output to /dev/null.  We'll do this here since these jobs should run
# properly on a newly installed system.  If a script fails, run-parts will
# mail a notice to root.
#
# Run the hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly cron jobs.
# Jobs that need different timing may be entered into the crontab as before,
# but most really don't need greater granularity than this.  If the exact
# times of the hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly cron jobs do not suit your
# needs, feel free to adjust them.
#
# Run hourly cron jobs at 47 minutes after the hour:
47 * * * * /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.hourly 1> /dev/null
#
# Run daily cron jobs at 4:40 every day:
40 4 * * * /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.daily 1> /dev/null
#
# Run weekly cron jobs at 4:30 on the first day of the week: