[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

If you want to use a reverse proxy you have to use the proxy stream module but I haven't tried that yet and that could be very, very difficult.

However you just forward the ports and that's it. Usually no proxy is used because RustDesk is not a http/https application instead it uses it's own protocol which makes use of not only TCP it also requires UDP.

Yeah, that's why I'm doing the port forwarding.. its just that I'm not sure why swag still seems to want to intercept it and I am reasonably sure that I have the port forwarding setup correctly in OPNSense...

UPDATE:  I found the public key in the logs and pasted it into the key field on the client with nothing else.  Now it works, even from outside access.  How safe is this?  Should I continue to try and get my subdomain working?  Would I still need the public key in that case?

Edited by diehardbattery
7 hours ago, diehardbattery said:

How safe is this?

It will only work with your public Key, otherwise the client will be able to connect but you actually can't initialize a connection between two clients and it will ultimately complain about a wrong key.

Should I continue to try and get my subdomain working?

You don't need a subdomain for that, you just can use your domain name (eg: example.org) to connect to your server instance.

Would I still need the public key in that case?

Yes.

Look at the documentation here how can rename the .exe file on Windows to make a installer for your server with your public key.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

You don't need a subdomain for that, you just can use your domain name (eg: example.org) to connect to your server instance.

Look at the documentation here how can rename the .exe file on Windows to make a installer for your server with your public key.

Okay, a bit off topic, but how would that work if I wanted to connect via cloudflare tunnel?  I have an A record for the domain currently, and it appears I'm unable to add a tunnel with that because it says there's already a record with the name and the documentation they reference to troubleshoot, it seems a bit confusing to me.

As for the exe file, are you referring to the exe for the client?  That's all I have installed on Windows, the rest is on Unraid.

48 minutes ago, diehardbattery said:

Okay, a bit off topic, but how would that work if I wanted to connect via cloudflare tunnel?

I'm not sure, only if you can forward ports in the tunnel, IIRC correct this is a paid feature from Cloudflare.

48 minutes ago, diehardbattery said:

As for the exe file, are you referring to the exe for the client?

Yes exactly, but look at the documentation, you can rename the .exe so that it contains the key and hostname for easy installation on other clients.

45 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I'm not sure, only if you can forward ports in the tunnel, IIRC correct this is a paid feature from Cloudflare.

Yes exactly, but look at the documentation, you can rename the .exe so that it contains the key and hostname for easy installation on other clients.

Gotcha... if the key is good enough then I'll probably just leave it at that

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, thesuperdoge said:

Is there a way to view the console for my palworld server?

Not that I'm aware of since by default Palworld does not have a console output.

If you want to issue commands you can use RCON <- I have a plugin for that in the CA App (you have to also enable RCON in the Palworld configuration first because it is disabled by default).

BTW you are in the wrong support thread, click on the container icon on your Docker page and select Support

Hallo ich777,

vielen Dank für Deine wertvolle, sicherlich extrem zeitraubende Arbeit :)

Ich nutze als  Unraid-Newbie seit kurzem Deinen Krusader-Docker, der mir den Umgang mit Unraid schon enorm erleichtert hat.

Was ich aber leider nicht in den Griff bekomme - ich finde die Darstellung der WebUI etwas unscharf und verwaschen und konnte trotz dem ausprobieren verschiedenen Einstellungen, keine Besserung erreichen.

Auch die Einstellungen im Container für Breite und Höhe auf die FullHD Auflösung (1920 x 1200) brachte leider keine Verbesserung.

Was habe ich übersehen?

Besten Dank im Voraus :)

Edited by Arminius

LuckyBackups:

I recently went through and changed my file structure for how i was housing media.  I went through Luckybackups and updated the source/target paths and everything seems to be working now, but i've been going through and upgrading older low quality versions of movies to new high quality ones and i'm wondering if its possible for Luckybackups to remove the old copies that had previously been backed up.  

The top is my main server, and bottom is my backup.  

image.thumb.png.9947f0ba0cc2a4bd9abef2d9463dacb6.png

My backup is onsite, so its not the end of the world if i have to just trash and re-backup, but i'd rather not have to write about 40tb of data if i dont have to.  

Edited by danimal86

58 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Enable "Serverseitiges Skalieren" in the noVNC menu.

Thanks, I have already made this setting, see screenshot, but I still find the display blurred and washed out.

While the window for settings in the foreground looks very sharp, the actual Krusader window is blurred.

Like to call me "Krümelkacker" :D

1685041119_KrusaderResolution.thumb.png.25f5cb69676d2c39f0fbcfe5d6f90f1a.png

996888460_Krusaderunscharf.png.239902487c5a63a74b7bb0ea9f0af541.png

Edited by Arminius
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Hope that helps:

grafik.png

strange, i enabled that "delete files on the destination" but it appears that it just copied but didn't remove the old one.  

does rsync go through and delete at the very end after copying?

image.thumb.png.b608b29b89d11ce16411c1bde87d784a.png

image.thumb.png.958da346f11909e13f42d1ec74b76428.png

Edited by danimal86
11 hours ago, Arminius said:

While the window for settings in the foreground looks very sharp, the actual Krusader window is blurred.

From what I can see you also played around with the quality and compression sliders. Have you yet tried to peave it on the default settings which are usually looking pretty good…

I have to try that on my system later.

It doesn‘t matter what you set in the template if you set it to „Serverseitiges skalieren“ since the resolution that you set in the template is only the initial resolution and „Serverseitiges skalieren“ does adjust the resolution automatically to the resolution from you browser windows dynamically.

What browser are you using?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, danimal86 said:

strange, i enabled that "delete files on the destination" but it appears that it just copied but didn't remove the old one.  

Hmmm, thats strange…

11 hours ago, danimal86 said:

does rsync go through and delete at the very end after copying?

Depends on how you‘ve set up the job but in general yes.

On my system this is working just fine…

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

It doesn‘t matter what you set in the template if you set it to „Serverseitiges skalieren“ since the resolution that you set in the template is only the initial resolution and „Serverseitiges skalieren“ does adjust the resolution automatically to the resolution from you browser windows dynamically.

What browser are you using?

Thank you for your answer and help.

I use Firefox as my browser.

I have found the cause of the problem, it is due to my display settings in Windows.

As I don't have the best eyes, this setting is set to 125% and this is the only time my problem occurs, if I set it back to 100% everything is fine.

But as already mentioned, at 125% this only affects the main window of Krusader, while the settings window appears sharp.

1310211060_SkalierungWindows.png.bd5d4a139e2c4ebab0357b58390622b0.png

125%

185890224_125.auf81png.png.808b2df4329cd83f309c8dbe3eee4917.png

100%

1837598541_100.png.0945c76d79df267b8449e75d8330feae.png

Edited by Arminius
8 hours ago, danimal86 said:

Ok.  I'll let it run and then see what it does.  I just didn't want to have a bunch of duplicates

I can only tell you from the backups that I create with luckyBackup it is working as expected and it deletes the files in the destination which are not existing in the source.

• Like 1
On 2/11/2024 at 10:02 PM, ich777 said:

I can only tell you from the backups that I create with luckyBackup it is working as expected and it deletes the files in the destination which are not existing in the source.

Just following up....it does in fact delete all the files that weren't on the source at the end of the transfer.  

Thanks for your help.  

• Like 1

Hi @ich777 , I have an issue with the OpenVPN-Client docker. I installed it, created the vpn.ovpn and the vpn.auth file. I copied the content of the openvpn.ovpn file I got from CyberGhost into the vpn.ovpn file and my username and password in the vpn.auth file. The openvpn file from Cyberghost references 3 certificate files, that I also copied into the same folder as the other 2 files.

I also checked, that the appdata/openvpn-client directory is mapped to /vpn. But when I start the docker, I get this error message:

ls: cannot access '/vpn/*': No such file or directory
Error: ipv4: FIB table does not exist.
Dump terminated
grep: /vpn/vpn.conf: No such file or directory
+ exec sg vpn -c 'openvpn --cd /vpn --config /vpn/vpn.conf --script-security 2 --redirect-gateway def1                 '
Dump terminated
+ exec sg vpn -c 'openvpn --cd /vpn --config /vpn/vpn.ovpn --script-security 2 --redirect-gateway def1 --auth-user-pass /vpn/vpn.auth                 '
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
ERROR: VPN not configured!
ERROR: VPN CA cert missing!
Options error: In [CMD-LINE]:1: Error opening configuration file: /vpn/vpn.conf
Use --help for more information.
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in /vpn/vpn.ovpn:14: ncp-disable (2.6.3)
Use --help for more information.

What is this vpn.conf file? I didn't know I have to create it and I don't know what to put into it. Also, is it a common problem, that openvpn-client cannot access the appdata folder? Like I said, I checked and it's mapped correctly.

Any help or hint in the right direction would be much appreciated.

11 minutes ago, mallot86 said:

The openvpn file from Cyberghost references 3 certificate files, that I also copied into the same folder as the other 2 files.

How is the file referenced in the vpn file itsef? The path to the files inside the container is /vpn/...

How did you copy over the files or create the files?

Dump terminated

This is nothing to worry about.

grep: /vpn/vpn.conf: No such file or directory

This indicates that something is very wrong, how does the template look like in terms of paths for the files? Are you really sure that the container can access the path where the files are actually located?

Maybe try to change the path from /mnt/cache/... to /mnt/user/... in the template.

What is this vpn.conf file? I didn't know I have to create it and I don't know what to put into it.

You don't need the vpn.conf file, it checks just if it is in place if it didn't find any other vpn.ovpn and no vpn.auth file.

Also, is it a common problem, that openvpn-client cannot access the appdata folder? Like I said, I checked and it's mapped correctly.

No, you are the first that reports that issue, what is strange to me is that it can't access it at all because it runs as root (because it has to) and it should have write permissions.

Please try what I recommended with the path in the template above.

You run that container on Unraid right?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Maybe try to change the path from /mnt/cache/... to /mnt/user/... in the template.

Wow, I feel really stupid. Up until now, I didn't notice that the path was /mnt/cache and not /mnt/user. I changed it like you said and I don't get the error messages about not being able to access the /vpn/ folder anymore.

"Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in /vpn/vpn.ovpn:14: ncp-disable (2.6.3)" This was still an issue. ncp-disable is a line in the .ovpn file I got from CyberGhost. I took it out and now OpenVPN-Client is running.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! 😀

Edited by mallot86
misspelling
  • Like 1