[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

3 hours ago, Teryon said:

Those two adds possibilities of the rustdesk pro version like a dashboard of all the ID you want to.

From what I understand the differences is that HopToDesk seems to use proprietary solution unlike Infinite remote.

No I haven‘t tried either of those two applications.

On 3/29/2024 at 3:28 PM, t0mi said:

hello

may you can fix the monero-gui?

---Something went wrong, can't download Monero-GUI, putting container in sleep mode---

I have the same error. @ich777

My Monero Container is running on a Proxmox LXC Container with portainer.

it worked all the time, but just now i tried to reach the vnc site but nothing worked

Edited by netsrot303
11 minutes ago, netsrot303 said:

the container has been running for long time, but suddenly i got the error

Can you try to open that url and see what happens?

https://downloads.getmonero.org/gui/monero-gui-linux-x64-v0.18.3.3.tar.bz2

This is basically what the container tries to download, is there a file called: monero-gui_v0.18.3.3.tar.bz2 in the main directory from the container? If there is a file called monero-gui_v0.18.3.3.tar.bz2 try to delete it, restart the container and see what happens.

Please let me know if that fixes the issue so that I can modify the container so that doesn't happen again.

8 minutes ago, netsrot303 said:

there is a file on the container in /monero folder.

Have you yet tried to do what I suggested above?

You should be able to delete that .tar.bz2 file <- don't know how to do that on Proxmox but you can connect to the container console and delete it from there.

EDIT: I have now pushed a update to the container which should fix your issue.

• Like 1

I use the Rustdesk AIO container by ich777. It works good in my home network.

I want to use it remotely but dont' know how to config NGINX proxy manager.

I tried Step 5 here https://gist.github.com/Lvdwardt/707d9c3fb4581d38102399f91a21c9c6 but I don't understand what to write in the "yout_stack_name".

my domain is rustdesk.mydomain.com what should I place in the streams as the "Forward Host"?

I tried the below but although the 1st one shows Online the remote connection doesn't work.

The blacked out part is "mydomain".

image.png.fa3ba69086fb88e38c28f6f44f65c6c1.png

and also this

image.thumb.png.d427145a0b6e5123568fc1bc3534bb7a.png

But still not working.

Do I need to define a proxy host under proxy hosts?

image.thumb.png.d309114989b31c21b8e24effea7ff56e.png

I have additional unraid self-hosted services (jellyfin, immich, etc...) that are working perfectly fine from LAN and remotely.

I have port forwarding defined on my router 80 --> 1880 (NGINX port), 443 --> 18443 (NGINX port)

image.png.387cebe4d53c063957fd7181e24d253f.png

What am I don't wrong or missing?

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you yet tried to do what I suggested above?

You should be able to delete that .tar.bz2 file <- don't know how to do that on Proxmox but you can connect to the container console and delete it from there.

EDIT: I have now pushed a update to the container which should fix your issue.

It works, what did the fix contain?

1 hour ago, theone said:

What am I don't wrong or missing?

As @Kilrah already pointed out, don't use NPM.

NPM is only for http/https traffic, sure if you are using streaming ports it will work but what is the benefit because you would have to also open up ports and a streaming port in NPM is basically the same as if you directly point to the container IP address.

My recommendation is: simply forward the ports in your Firewall from the RustDesk container and that's it. After that you can connect with your domain name to your RustDesk Sever.

What you are doing in NPM can't work because you are streaming the ports which would also involve opening the ports but I would not recommend doing that because you are overcomplicating your set up for no reason.

@ich777

First, thanks so much for all the work you have done for the community. I was wondering if I could make a request?

I currently use your magicmirror docker and it works great. The only issue I have is that any time it restarts, it looks for the latest version per your notes. The issue I have, is I have a few custom items I needed to tweak in the code files for the way I'm using MM and also have some custom stuff and support some older modules which I have installed some dependencies for. 

There was just an upated and it wiped everything out and I had to redo all the "custom" work I did. Would it be possible to have a docker that I can designate version or a way to turn off the constant updating? I really just need it to stay on one build and not change.

If I want to upgrade, I could always then do another install of the latest and move all my changes, but I don't know if I will ever need to. I would make a docker install myself, but I'm not good at all with composing a docker and the bit I tried, I couldn't get it to work?

Any possibility of a version locked docker or disabling the auto-update?

Thanks again!

Tony

1 hour ago, ffingers said:

Any possibility of a version locked docker or disabling the auto-update?

Sorry but I no longer use MagicMirror² and I might be deprecating this container in the near future since another user also stated that a installation from a module won't work properly because the module needed a few extra steps which the container does not support by default.

I guess you could set up a LXC container and install MagicMirror² in there, that's your best bet.

Sorry for not having better news but I have a few containers that I'm not fully satisfied with anymore and I might deprecate.

Good evening.

I have Rustdesk-aio installed on the lastest version of unraid stable.  I cannot get the webclient to load.  All ports are fowarded to my unraid server (21114 - 21119)

I get the following errors

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.55:21114.

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.55:21116.

The connection was reset 192.168.1.55:21119.

The connection was reset 192.168.1.55:21118.

How do I get the web client to work correctly?

18 minutes ago, graceful-taverna4239 said:

How do I get the web client to work correctly?

What do you mean with the web client?

This container is not the pro version and therefore it has no webclient.

For the free version you have to use the individual clients on your machines and they can connect to each other throught the server with your key that is displayed in the log file.

1 hour ago, graceful-taverna4239 said:

Do I just need the key and public ip address?

Exactly, just put in the key and your IP/domain name at ID and Relay server in the connection settings and that‘s it.

Your clients should be then able to connect to each other with their IDs and passwords (you can set static passwords too if you need them).

The API server is only available in the pro version but you don‘t need it strictly speaking.

Hi everyone, especially @ich777!

Been loving the docker-openvpn-client container. However, I've got one small problem I'm hoping I can get some help with. I've got it setup connecting to PIA and everything works fine. Most of the time. 

But, what I've got going on is that it will, spontaneously, lose connection. And then it's done. And everything that routes through it is also done. And because some of the things that route through it all rely on each other, I need to manually tell them all to check in with each other to get them up and working correctly again. 

Thing is...I've got no idea why this is happening. There's probably a way to get better logging out of the container that has a bigger buffer, but I don't know how to do that. No syslogs in the path that this docker uses that I can see. 

I just come back to something like this:

'
2024-04-11 07:33:27 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: ca-vancouver.privacy.network:1197 (Temporary failure in name resolution)
2024-04-11 07:33:27 Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 protocol
2024-04-11 07:33:27 SIGUSR1[soft,Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 protocol] received, process restarting
2024-04-11 07:38:37 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: ca-vancouver.privacy.network:1197 (Temporary failure in name resolution)
2024-04-11 07:38:47 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: ca-vancouver.privacy.network:1197 (Temporary failure in name resolution)
2024-04-11 07:38:47 Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 protocol
(and it goes on like this to fill the buffer)

A restart of the container ALWAYS fixes this. It could be, though I'm not 100% sure, that the process restarting bit is from my adding "-inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60" to the container as an attempt to paper over this problem. But, it hasn't helped. 

Hoping someone can suggest a solution here, because as a solution for what I want to do,  this container is fantastic, but having it fail for no reason (that I can find) ever 5 or 10 days is really annoying. 

27 minutes ago, Merijeek said:

But, what I've got going on is that it will, spontaneously, lose connection. And then it's done. And everything that routes through it is also done. And because some of the things that route through it all rely on each other, I need to manually tell them all to check in with each other to get them up and working correctly again. 

Funny story, I just implemented a ping check yesterday so the container auto restarts when the connection is lost and I even implemented something that I call Connected Containers so that if the VPN container is restarted for whatever reason, compatible containers with Connected Containers will restart too.

To enable the ping check create a variable in the template:

Key: PING_IP
Value: 8.8.8.8

(you can choose another host to ping too but please make sure that this host is reachable when the VPN is running)

You can also specify a second variable in the template to specify the interval:

Key: PING_INTERVAL

Value: 300

(value must be in seconds, I think 5 minutes is a good value)

But keep in mind that you have to restart the containers that are routed through the VPN container are also need to restart that's why I came up with the Connected Containers idea.

For the connected containers feature I would have to know which containers you are routing through the VPN and from which repository so that I can tell you what to do, I'm still evaluating that feature but it is working perfectly fine over here.

@ich777 Is there a way of setting the name of the browser tab/window that opens when you open the webgui? I have Krusader installed on all 3 unRAID systems and often will have all of them open at the same time. Being able to set the tab name would make it easier to identify which tab is for which server.  I can use a browser extension to right-click and rename, but that's necessary each time the container is started.

FYI - the binhex-krusader container can do this by adding an environment variable called WEBPAGE_TITLE and setting its value to the name you want for the tab/window. Any chance of similar functionality in your containers? Thanks!

I'm using Sonarr and it is not automatically downloading the latest version. Checking the log I|m getting this:

---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 0000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Version manually set to: vlastest---
---Version Check---
---Version missmatch, installed v4.0.1.933, downloading and installing latest vlastest...---
---Something went wrong, can't download Sonarr vlastest, falling back to v4.0.1.933!---
---Preparing Server---
---Starting Sonarr---

I already tried disabling adblocker, but no change. 

6 minutes ago, Sledgehamma said:

I already tried disabling adblocker, but no change. 

Please check the variable in the container, it seems to be set incorrectly to "lastest" instead of "latest".

It should look like that:

grafik.png.e480da69fff73bd578fd8f4a14677649.png

• Like 1