[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

33 minutes ago, Elmojo said:

My pfsense rule looks pretty much like yours...

I reeally can't tell if they are really the same since I've stopped using pfSense because for home usage in my opinion it is a bit too complicated (granted it is very similar to OPNsense).

34 minutes ago, Elmojo said:

It doesn't seem right for it to be the external IP (or FQDN if using ddns)

Why?

grafik.png.ff5384e4666a8d086d4b751573821fa3.png

35 minutes ago, Elmojo said:

since that would be sending the traffic outside the LAN, then back in, but maybe that's exactly what happens?

I thought you would like to use it from outside your network to connect to machines inside and outside your LAN.

Usually pfSense will do a hair pin NAT so to speak NAT reflection and redirect the traffic if you are connecting from inside your LAN to your local address in the Firewall so that the traffic actually doesn't go outside your network.

IIRC you have to configure that in pfSense so that it is working properly.

You should first troubleshoot if NAT reflection is working properly on your Firewall <- this is beneficial for other applications that you've forwarded to the Internet too since these applications then will be also be redirected on your Firewall and the traffic will actually never leave your home network if you are accessing the services through your LAN with your domain name.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I thought you would like to use it from outside your network to connect to machines inside and outside your LAN.

Usually pfSense will do a hair pin NAT so to speak NAT reflection and redirect the traffic if you are connecting from inside your LAN to your local address in the Firewall so that the traffic actually doesn't go outside your network.

Yes, that's exactly what I want to do.  I need to be able to connect to devices that are more inside and outside my LAN, from both inside and out my LAN.

I didn't realize that NAT reflection was a thing.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

You should first troubleshoot if NAT reflection is working properly on your Firewall

That sounds like a good idea.  Any thoughts on how to approach said troubleshooting?

I guess I can try googling 'NAT reflection pfsense', right? ;)

It sounds like that might be my problem.  Maybe my pfsense isn't properly directing any 'internal' traffic back to the local server.

EDIT: It's working!!  It was as easy as enabling NAT reflection in the system>advanced settings of pfsense.  Now I can access rustdesk from inside (LAN) or outside (cellular via my phone) and it passes the traffic correctly.   Thanks for the tips, and for maintaining a fantastic container that makes this setup SO much easier! :D

Edited by Elmojo
added solution/update
  • Like 1

hi,

I got a problem with jdownloader2 update: 

java.io.IOException: Unknown AWFC Version 240
    at org.appwork.utils.awfc.AWFCInputStream.readAWFCHeader(AWFCInputStream.java:256)
    at org.appwork.utils.awfc.AWFCInputStream.getNextEntry(AWFCInputStream.java:173)
    at org.jdownloader.update.awf.AWFArchive.list(AWFArchive.java:46)
    at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.createAWFInstallLog(UpdateManager.java:215)
    at org.jdownloader.update.DefaultCallbackHandler.onResults(DefaultCallbackHandler.java:313)
    at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.runUpdateLoop(UpdateManager.java:1325)
    at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager$8.run(UpdateManager.java:410)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

now it doesn't work anymore.

some one can help me please?

When I try to run Krusader, I get the following error:

Error response from daemon: failed to create task for container: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: exec: "/opt/tools/docker-entrypoint.sh": stat /opt/tools/docker-entrypoint.sh: no such file or directory: unknown

8 minutes ago, Arragon said:

When I try to run Krusader, I get the following error:

Are you sure that you are using my container, I don't have such a file in my container (/opt/tools/docker-entrypoint.sh).

Please post a screenshot from your template configuration (make sure to enable Advanced View).

• 2 weeks later...

greetings ich777, thanks a lot for the great work.

I have been using the Chromium template of yours for awhile now, but from time to time I see a strange issue. When I try to right click on a page, the menu doesn't appear. It's also the same for dropdowns on a page.

Do you know anything about it? Thanks!

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Does it not happen every time?

I had such an issue in the past with Firefox but that should be fixed.

I restart the container, it's fixed but after awhile it happens again, always.

But I can't say exactly how long it takes to become broken, or what triggers it.

10 hours ago, st34m said:

But I can't say exactly how long it takes to become broken, or what triggers it.

This is really strange since this should be fixed, at least I have no issues with Thunderbird where this issue also was present.

Thanks for the report, I will install the container on my system and do a bit of testing if I can reproduce that.

• Like 1

Has anyone had any success routing Firefox / Edge containers through Gluetun? 

I currently have Qbittorrent routed through it working perfectly. I did the exact same thing with Firefox container for example, and it just doesn't open. Same exact thing parameters. (different port obviously) Without routing it through it it works fine

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

How did you specify the different port? Is something else running on port 8080?

SABnzbd is running on 8080. 

On Qbittorrent which also wants 8080 I just changed every instance in the template to 8081 for example and on Firefox which only has one entry for the webUI I changed it to 8082.

On Gluetun I added a new port 8082:8082 (just like for Qbittorrent)

9 minutes ago, Sptz87 said:

SABnzbd is running on 8080. 

On Qbittorrent which also wants 8080 I just changed every instance in the template to 8081 for example and on Firefox which only has one entry for the webUI I changed it to 8082.

On Gluetun I added a new port 8082:8082 (just like for Qbittorrent)

And how did you route the traffic through gluten VPN, do you let the containers use the containers network?

Sorry I don't know how GlutenVPN is working.

26 minutes ago, ich777 said:

And how did you route the traffic through gluten VPN, do you let the containers use the containers network?

Sorry I don't know how GlutenVPN is working.

Yes, so you turn off Network on the container and add --network=container:GluetunVPN to extra params

2 minutes ago, Sptz87 said:

Yes, so you turn off Network on the container and add --network=container:GluetunVPN to extra params

Create a Variable in the Firefox template to change the port inside the container with the Key: NOVNC_PORT and as the Value the preferred port eg. 8082

This will change the port in the container to 8082 so that your port mapping is working correctly.

Hope that helps. ;)

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Create a Variable in the Firefox template to change the port inside the container with the Key: NOVNC_PORT and as the Value the preferred port eg. 8082

This will change the port in the container to 8082 so that your port mapping is working correctly.

Hope that helps. ;)

Should I delete or leave the default one that comes with the template?

image.thumb.png.e194d8422ced5b9ff787c47681593de3.pngObviously changing this port as well

Also, first time using a browser instance like this. When one downloads anything where does it go?

Edited by Sptz87
11 minutes ago, Sptz87 said:

Should I delete or leave the default one that comes with the template?

You can leave it as it is because you've routed the container through another container, therefore Unraid won't complain.

12 minutes ago, Sptz87 said:

Obviously changing this port as well

You only need to make a port mapping in the VPN container so to speak the container that you route the traffig through.

13 minutes ago, Sptz87 said:

Also, first time using a browser instance like this. When one downloads anything where does it go?

I would recommend that you create another path mapping to the container with the container path /firefox/downloads and as the host path choose wherever you want to have the download files.

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You can leave it as it is because you've routed the container through another container, therefore Unraid won't complain.

You only need to make a port mapping in the VPN container so to speak the container that you route the traffig through.

I would recommend that you create another path mapping to the container with the container path /firefox/downloads and as the host path choose wherever you want to have the download files.

Thank you so much!

Last question, is it possible to have the browser autoresize to my browser's window size as it does on LS's container?

1 minute ago, Sptz87 said:

Last question, is it possible to have the browser autoresize to my browser's window size as it does on LS's container?

Click on the arrow on the left side, click on the gear icon, set Scaling to "Server side scaling".

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Click on the arrow on the left side, click on the gear icon, set Scaling to "Server side scaling".

Thank you! 

I actually lied, that wasn't the last question! 

If I want to use 2 instances of say, Firefox container and another of ungoogled chromium. Since they're using the same VNC that's pretty much not doable right? I've had issues with running LS's Firefox and Chromium at the same time, different ports, still redirected to the same kasmVNC instance.

Just wondering if it's possible to do this here.

1 hour ago, Sptz87 said:

Just wondering if it's possible to do this here.

Yes.

If you want to run two instances (or more) from my noVNC containers you have to create a second variable in the template from each container with the Key: RFB_PORT and each container needs it's own port so to speak the default is 5900 therefore you have to create for the second container the RFB_PORT Variable with the Value: 5901

After that create the NOVNC_PORT variable for the second container as already pointed out in the previous post with the Value 8081.

For the next noVNC container do the same but increase the numbers of course always.

You don't have to forward the RFB Port, this is just the TurboVNC server itself and is only the internal port how things are working, but you have to create the Variable like above.

So to speak:

1. Container Firefox: no change since it uses by default 8080 and 5900 (but you had to change the NOVNC_PORT because it was conflicting with another container)

2. Container unGoogled Chromium: RFB_PORT: 5901 | NOVNC_PORT: 8081 (in your case you have to increase the NOVNC_PORT because of the Firefox container)

3. Container Chromium: RFB_PORT: 5902 | NOVNC_PORT: 8082 (in your case you have to increase the NOVNC_PORT because of the Firefox container)

Hope that helps. :)

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes.

If you want to run two instances (or more) from my noVNC containers you have to create a second variable in the template from each container with the Key: RFB_PORT and each container needs it's own port so to speak the default is 5900 therefore you have to create for the second container the RFB_PORT Variable with the Value: 5901

After that create the NOVNC_PORT variable for the second container as already pointed out in the previous post with the Value 8081.

For the next noVNC container do the same but increase the numbers of course always.

You don't have to forward the RFB Port, this is just the TurboVNC server itself and is only the internal port how things are working, but you have to create the Variable like above.

So to speak:

1. Container Firefox: no change since it uses by default 8080 and 5900 (but you had to change the NOVNC_PORT because it was conflicting with another container)

2. Container unGoogled Chromium: RFB_PORT: 5901 | NOVNC_PORT: 8081 (in your case you have to increase the NOVNC_PORT because of the Firefox container)

3. Container Chromium: RFB_PORT: 5902 | NOVNC_PORT: 8082 (in your case you have to increase the NOVNC_PORT because of the Firefox container)

Hope that helps. :)

Absolute legend! It helps a lot thank you!! 

• Like 1