[Support] knex666 - Nextcloud

Thanks, I totally forgot about docker interactive console.

I'm trying to resolve a problem where I think the webserver files are wrong permissions.

In particular I think the followind dirs:

- /var/www/html/

- /var/www/html/config

- /var/www/html/data

Do you know the correct permissions and owners for these dirs?

1 hour ago, KptnKMan said:

Thanks, I totally forgot about docker interactive console.

I'm trying to resolve a problem where I think the webserver files are wrong permissions.

In particular I think the followind dirs:

- /var/www/html/

- /var/www/html/config

- /var/www/html/data

Do you know the correct permissions and owners for these dirs?

These are mine. Everything is stock and is working fine since January 2023.

1628028862_Zrzutekranu2024-02-27o19_21_53.png.6b314f00abbe1efcc64f60514cfc6493.png

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, knights_of_pine said:

I am getting the below errors in the admin console and the background jobs.  i am not sure how to resolve these.  I am new to some of this but can follow directions.  can someone help me understand/resolve these?  thank you!

image.thumb.png.94b4e45d400da68b32de3c104ceebfe2.png

image.thumb.png.abb719b440b918f466665ba46ef88184.png

For maintenance window just paste this line into config.php file:

'maintenance_window_start' => 1,

If you set it to 1, the maintenance window will be set between 1 and 5 am.

With the database thing just try to run the command it tells you to use. If you're using nextcloud official image just go to the Unraid terminal and paste this command:

docker exec -u 99 nextcloud php ooc db:add-missing-indices

And with the background jobs change AJAX to Cron and if you have User Scripts plugin just add a new script and paste this command:

docker exec -u 99 nextcloud php cron.php

Save and set it to run every 5 minutes with custom schedule */5 * * * *.

Edited by Antoni Żabiełowicz
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Antoni Żabiełowicz said:

For maintenance window just paste this line into config.php file:

'maintenance_window_start' => 1,

If you set it to 1, the maintenance window will be set between 1 and 5 am.

With the database thing just try to run the command it tells you to use. If you're using nextcloud official image just go to the Unraid terminal and paste this command:

docker exec -u 99 nextcloud php ooc db:add-missing-indices

And with the background jobs change AJAX to Cron and if you have User Scripts plugin just add a new script and paste this command:

docker exec -u 99 nextcloud php cron.php

Save and set it to run every 5 minutes with custom schedule */5 * * * *.

thank you, i appreciate the help!

for the maintenance, i put this in the config.php file that is in my appdata>nextcloud>congfig.php? do i put it in the section with dbtype, version, dbname, etc?

database indices worked and cleared the error, thank you!

I switched to cron and set the command in the scripts plugin.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, knights_of_pine said:

thank you, i appreciate the help!

for the maintenance, i put this in the config.php file that is in my appdata>nextcloud>congfig.php? do i put it in the section with dbtype, version, dbname, etc?

database indices worked and cleared the error, thank you!

I switched to cron and set the command in the scripts plugin.

Yes, in config.php put it somewhere in that section.

• Upvote 1

i think this related to my nextcloud but i do have another questions since you have been so helpful!!

my mariadb container appdata folder is growing huge.  i have a ton of .err files in there some over a gig.

the have the warning:

2024-03-09  8:56:14 3 [Warning] Aborted connection 3 to db: 'unconnected' user: 'unauthenticated' host: 'localhost' (This connection closed normally without authentication)
2024-03-09  8:56:14 4 [Warning] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
2024-03-09  8:56:58 6 [Warning] IP address '172.17.0.1' could not be resolved: Name does not resolve
2024-03-09  8:56:58 5 [Warning] IP address '172.17.0.1' could not be resolved: Name does not resolve
2024-03-09  8:56:58 7 [Warning] IP address '172.17.0.1' could not be resolved: Name does not resolve

then they are FILLED with the errors over and over:

2024-03-05 14:09:17 5 [ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.column_stats: expected column 'hist_type' at position 9 to have type enum('SINGLE_PREC_HB','DOUBLE_PREC_HB','JSON_HB'), found type enum('SINGLE_PREC_HB','DOUBLE_PREC_HB').
2024-03-05 14:09:17 5 [ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.column_stats: expected column 'histogram' at position 10 to have type longblob, found type varbinary(255).

are you aware of a way to fix this? if not can you point me in the direction, thank you!

On 2/5/2024 at 6:46 PM, markymarc35 said:

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out why nextCloud stopped working after working correctly for almost a year.

When I try to go to the web UI, I get nothing, blank screen.

Looking in the logs, I noticed this line repeating itself:

[Mon Feb 05 19:35:29.871466 2024] [php:error] [pid 80] [client 172.17.0.1:40620] script '/var/www/html/custom_apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php' not found or unable to stat

Also receiving this issue. Seemed to occur after I ran an application update, and now I'm locked out of my instance. Would greatly appreciate any help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

today i updated my Docker Instance of Nextcloud and now i stuck at the login page with a loop. 

I allready did this:

docker exec --user 99 Nextcloud php occ db:add-missing-indices
docker exec --user 99 Nextcloud php occ db:convert-filecache-bigint --no-interaction

Can you help me?

Edit: I compared the new config.php with my backup config and this entry was missing:

'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',

Now its working.. 

Edit 2: But now the windows client doesn't open virtual files which are uploaded after the nextcloud update? On my phone it is working without any problems.

Edited by Mika

Good morning all. 

I have been having issues with my Nextcloud since I updated my Unraid to 6.12.9. It tells me The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. I have read all over the internet so many things and cant get it working. I have even deleted the database and Nextcloud and reinstalled all of it. Same problem. What am I missing? I am 100% a noob. So in crayons please. :) 

14 hours ago, gstew14 said:

Good morning all. 

I have been having issues with my Nextcloud since I updated my Unraid to 6.12.9. It tells me The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. I have read all over the internet so many things and cant get it working. I have even deleted the database and Nextcloud and reinstalled all of it. Same problem. What am I missing? I am 100% a noob. So in crayons please. :) 

can you provide the log files from the docker container and the appdata nextcloud to view whats causing the problem. Some rights have changes maybe thats why

cheers

8 hours ago, knex666 said:

can you provide the log files from the docker container and the appdata nextcloud to view whats causing the problem. Some rights have changes maybe thats why

cheers

Here are 2 of the logs. can you tell me what the name of the others should be? sorry I am to new to know these things yet.nextcloud.log

4 minutes ago, knex666 said:

you got a lot of trouble with your database. What kind of db are you running is it setup correctly?

Thats a good question. I am using Mariadb_official. Since you say it is that. I will try to figure it out. I have read a few things that stated some ways to fix permissions and communication. I can try them out. I am totally up for any suggestions as you are the expert from what I can tell. I really appreciate your help.

I've the same problem. After the last updates i cannot login - after typing the correct login data the message occur "Too many wrong logins andf 30s wating time" (but the login data are correct, they are stored in the browser. I've already restored my app backup without effect - the only thing changed is the updated container.

My Next cloud has been working great until today "as far as I know" I used it like a week or 2 ago and it was fine but not every time I goto the web page it says that it is in maintenance mode. I know that there waw a update a bit ago. anyone else having this issue?

Hey hey,

i hope this is the right place to ask. Im running the nextcloud app on my unraid server which seem to work fine so far. Now i like to test some apps, especially some photo management with AI like memories. Maybe im blind or too stupid, but i dont see any option to install them from the "nextcloud app store" nor can i install them manually by like putting them into the nextcloud apps or html custom apps folder (no permission).

Whats the way to go to get some custom apps installed?

image.thumb.png.6b72c9a511c7fc3185b38771431a9394.png

/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default.conf

add_header X-Robots-Tag                         "noindex, nofollow, nosnippet, nofollow" always;

I also have it in the swag nginx container

Any clue why I still get this?

On 4/2/2024 at 6:48 PM, Kilrah said:

Store should work just fine.

Stupid question: I do find the store but i dont see any option to install. I cant imagine how, too ... as i have a local install and no connection to any store 🙈

How is that store thing supposed to work?

beside that i find some command line stuff but that doesnt work 💁

Edited by Saarlaender

Hi Folks

I'm new to Nextcloud. I've installed successfully and presides behind Nginx Proxy Manager official. I do not have ports forward from router; I use it for convenience only. Nginx proxies from https to http, per recommendation. It seems to work fine. Now I'm trying to add a caldav account to my iphone, but can't get it to work. I use the domain name which works when accessing the webui.

https://nextcloud.mydomain.cc/ and the same credentials as I use for my nextcloud account.

I receive:

"Cannot Connect Using SSL Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL?" BTW, I use a wild card certificate from Lets Encrypt. Everything else seems to work fine ie photos and videos are syncing great.

I am rather novice with Nginix Proxy Manager, and proxies in general. My guess is it's something to do with that. Also, I/ve read on forums that SSL is required for my recent version of ios. Would someone please be able to help me configure this? It is one feature I was definitely planning to use. Thanks