[Support] knex666 - Nextcloud

On 5/7/2023 at 2:47 PM, GreenEyedMonster said:

I'm having a really weird issue where I get this error: 

[core] Warning: Login failed: 'username' (Remote IP: 'router ip')

GET /remote.php/webdav/
from 'router ip' at 2023-05-07T19:33:35+00:00

Also this one: 

[no app in context] Warning: Invalid cliBasedCronUser data provided to provideInitialState by settings

GET /settings/admin
from 'router ip' by 'username' at 2023-05-07T19:53:33+00:00

and last one:

#PHP# Error: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool at /var/www/html/apps/settings/lib/Settings/Admin/Server.php#76

GET /settings/admin

from 'router ip' by 'username' at 2023-05-07T19:55:19+00:00

Any ideas how to fix this?!

Well figured all of that out... now I'm getting this error...

[core] Warning: Login failed: 'username' (Remote IP: 'routerip')

GET /remote.php/webdav/
from 'routerip' at 2023-05-24T23:09:42+00:00

Any  help?!

Hello,

is there a chance to change the max upload file size in this docker container?

My problem is i cannot upload big file such as videos from my Iphone into my nextcloud.

I have add the bellow two lines into my . user.ini but it did not change the file upload limit.

php_value upload_max_filesize 16G

php_value post_max_size 16G

I have check all the docker folders for an php.ini config file but i dont have found .php config files.

So has somebody changed succesfully the max upload file size for mobile clients?  

regards and thank you for help.

20 minutes ago, Siruscool said:

is there a chance to change the max upload file size in this docker container?

How are you accessing Nextcloud remotely?  In my case, I route through NginxProxyManager, and I needed to set the below in the Advanced tab...

image.png.f4e906f36fe37c40ef11ed0481c9a7aa.png

...it's mentioned near the bottom of the docs https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/20/admin_manual/configuration_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html?highlight=max upload size#:~:text=The default maximum file,2GB on 32Bit OS-architecture

(note, I set this up several years ago, and can't remember whether there was anything else.  If you're routing via a different method, I'm not sure but would guess it's something similar)

1 hour ago, Cessquill said:

How are you accessing Nextcloud remotely?  In my case, I route through NginxProxyManager, and I needed to set the below in the Advanced tab...

...it's mentioned near the bottom of the docs https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/20/admin_manual/configuration_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html?highlight=max upload size#:~:text=The default maximum file,2GB on 32Bit OS-architecture

(note, I set this up several years ago, and can't remember whether there was anything else.  If you're routing via a different method, I'm not sure but would guess it's something similar)

Hi,

thanks a lot for your feedback regarding this topic.

I use also NginxProxyManager for my Netcloud. I have add the lines as you mentoried to advanced section but the result is the same as before. The upload from the files starts but on the end of the upload process i got the failure message from the app that the file size are to big.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 12:05 PM, Cessquill said:

Beneath the setting in your proxy you need to add and configure the variables PHP_MEMORY_LIMIT and PHP_UPLOAD_LIMIT

https://help.nextcloud.com/t/increase-max-file-size-on-official-docker-container-not-linuxserver/157748/2

Hi there, I am looking at migrating my Linux server io nextcloud docker container to you. i have a Nextcloud share set up as i was following this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id4GcVZ5qBA and it gets annoying having to manually update the container. so apparently this oen you dont need to manually update the container before updating the docker. Question is how do i migrate to this container? I have used the Linux server io default values where possible.

I am trying to migrate from LSIO container to Nextcloud-ffmpeg container by Kilrah. Since that container is based on official, I thought I may ask for help also here. I have replaced apps with what I had in LSIO, and I have merged the config files, bringing also the old secret, inctanceid and salt (I don't know if that was a mistake or not). I had to change some permissions to nextcloud data, and after some tweak I was able to get to the login screen, where I am currently stuck. I type in my username and password and after some thinking, the page just reloads without any error messages. I tried resetting password with occ command, but that did not help. Either my login information is not processed correctly, or maybe the dashboard is broken, so it throws me back to login page, I have no idea. Does anyone have any hints what to do here, or maybe have instructions on how to correctly migrate from LSIO container?

Right after moving what I can from the linux server nextcloud docker to the official container, I am now getting this screen.

Do I need to add the nextcloud share I had made from the spaceinvaderone video? Like I only wanted to set up nextcloud just to share links to my content as well backup my email, contacts, calendar and starred places.

image.png

On 6/6/2023 at 1:21 PM, Siruscool said:

Hi,

thanks a lot for your feedback regarding this topic.

I use also NginxProxyManager for my Netcloud. I have add the lines as you mentoried to advanced section but the result is the same as before. The upload from the files starts but on the end of the upload process i got the failure message from the app that the file size are to big.

Move the files "000-default.conf" and "default-ssl.conf" from the "/etc/apache2/sites-available" directory to a new folder.

Create a symbolic link to the new folder for both configurations.

Edit both configuration files and add the line "LimitRequestBody 0" to allow unlimited uploads.

This change is necessary due to limitations imposed by the web server in newer versions of Apache (2.2) and Nginx.

IMG_6010.jpeg

IMG_6009.jpeg

Edited by kanuracer
On 5/25/2023 at 7:17 AM, GreenEyedMonster said:

Well figured all of that out... now I'm getting this error...

[core] Warning: Login failed: 'username' (Remote IP: 'routerip')

GET /remote.php/webdav/
from 'routerip' at 2023-05-24T23:09:42+00:00

Any  help?!

Hi there GreenEyedMonster,

How did u manage to sort the other errors like 

Warning: Invalid cliBasedCronUser data provided to provideInitialState by settings

GET /settings/admin & #PHP# Error: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool at /var/www/html/apps/settings/lib/Settings/Admin/Server.php#76 ?

I am having the same errors in my log too

• Upvote 1

Hi @knex666 I'm wanting to migrate from the linux server docker to your docker container. I had followed the nextcloud @SpaceInvaderOne 2022 video in the past. But i don't know which files to move or what I can keep? The latest problem being that a username already exists which I do know and that's the 1 I want to use. I only want to keep things such as my mail, calendar, talk and all that as well as have the same username and password. I know @hansolo77 seamed to have been able to do it, but I'm not sure what steps they took? Any ideas of what files I need to copy to and where? thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just moved from LinuxServer image to the official one, but running docker exec --user 99 Nextcloud php occ db:add-missing-indices gives me the following error. How to fix this?

Console has to be executed with the user that owns the file config/config.php
Current user id: 99
Owner id of config.php: 1001
Try adding 'sudo -u #1001' to the beginning of the command (without the single quotes)
If running with 'docker exec' try adding the option '-u 1001' to the docker command (without the single quotes)

Changing the user to 1001 gives me the following error:

Your data directory is invalid.
Ensure there is a file called ".ocdata" in the root of the data directory.

Cannot write into "config" directory.
This can usually be fixed by giving the web server write access to the config directory. See https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/27/go.php?to=admin-dir_permissions. Or, if you prefer to keep config.php file read only, set the option "config_is_read_only" to true in it. See https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/27/go.php?to=admin-config

Cannot write into "apps" directory.
This can usually be fixed by giving the web server write access to the apps directory or disabling the App Store in the config file.

Your data directory is not writable.
Permissions can usually be fixed by giving the web server write access to the root directory. See https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/27/go.php?to=admin-dir_permissions.

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Exception: Environment not properly prepared. in /var/www/html/lib/private/Console/Application.php:167
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/console.php(99): OC\Console\Application->loadCommands(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#1 /var/www/html/occ(11): require_once('/var/www/html/c...')
#2 {main}{"reqId":"DCZ0M6EfFVvOtVTdz1TQ","level":3,"time":"2023-07-05T20:53:52+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"PHP","method":"","url":"--","message":"fopen(/var/www/html/data/data_dir_writability_test_64a5d8606a64e.tmp): Failed to open stream: Permission denied at /var/www/html/lib/private/legacy/OC_Util.php#579","userAgent":"--","version":"27.0.0.8","data":{"app":"PHP"}}
{"reqId":"DCZ0M6EfFVvOtVTdz1TQ","level":3,"time":"2023-07-05T20:53:52+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"PHP","method":"","url":"--","message":"fopen(/var/www/html/data/nextcloud.log): Failed to open stream: Permission denied at /var/www/html/lib/private/Log/File.php#84","userAgent":"--","version":"27.0.0.8","data":{"app":"PHP"}}

Running su asks me for a password, which I don't have.

On 6/26/2023 at 6:22 AM, dukesg said:

Hi there GreenEyedMonster,

How did u manage to sort the other errors like 

Warning: Invalid cliBasedCronUser data provided to provideInitialState by settings

GET /settings/admin & #PHP# Error: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool at /var/www/html/apps/settings/lib/Settings/Admin/Server.php#76 ?

I am having the same errors in my log too

By any chance were you able to figure this out? Getting the same issue on my end.

• Upvote 1

I have recently installed the NextCloud docker and I need to increase the PHP_Memory_Limit but I cannot find a php.ini or php.config file anywhere in the docker that the referenced in all of the documentation. I found where nextcloud.ini was calling the variable but I cannot find where it is calling it from. Any guidance? 

15 hours ago, Kilrah said:

You can just pass it in the extra args. 

image.png.97ced685ec0d97f8de5f1b43d3d2fda0.png

20 hours ago, rob_robot said:

This can be done using post arguments in the docker

&&  docker exec -u 0 Nextcloud /bin/sh -c 'echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars && echo "memory_limit=2G" >> /usr/local/etc/php/conf.d/php.ini'

Thank you both very much!

On 6/27/2023 at 10:17 AM, Goldmaster said:

Hi @knex666 I'm wanting to migrate from the linux server docker to your docker container. I had followed the nextcloud @SpaceInvaderOne 2022 video in the past. But i don't know which files to move or what I can keep? The latest problem being that a username already exists which I do know and that's the 1 I want to use. I only want to keep things such as my mail, calendar, talk and all that as well as have the same username and password. I know @hansolo77 seamed to have been able to do it, but I'm not sure what steps they took? Any ideas of what files I need to copy to and where? thank you

Sorry, I don't typically visit the forums unless I have an issue.  Just noticed you tagged me.  I can honestly say that even though I was finally able to get it to work, I don't remember how.  The issues I was having made me rethink the situation.  I remember giving up and trying the official version rather than this fork.  While I used @SpaceInvaderOne's video as a guide, I pretty much installed everything from the official branches, like MariaDB and Nextcloud.  I had to do a lot of googling, and figuring out I needed to manually change a bunch of things like lines in the scripts.  When I finally had it up and running, I was able to install the app on my iphone and it connected when I was local.  That was all I needed, and I got my backup of my iphone complete.  After all that, I unisntalled everything with the intentions of re-installing it with some notes I made to to see if I could get a clean copy (because my brother wants it on his server too).  Unfortunately, it was at that time I "had the last straw" at home and decided to finally move out my dad's place and onto my own.  I've just finished moving in the last couple of weeks.  So maybe, if I can find the time, I'll try and report in a new update with details on the things I changed.  I will say though, that I did PM @SpaceInvaderOne asking him to create a new video, or update his existing one, to give us some help with the latest version and any necessary changes we need to do.  I have yet to hear back from him (probably doesn't take personal requests and insta-blocked me ^_^).  One thing I also should mention.. I didn't get any of that "remote proxy" stuff working.  Following his instructions, I was only able to get as far as installing MariaDB and Nextcloud (both official), getting it set up, and backing up all the photos currently on my phone.  I never got any further than that.

• 2 weeks later...