[Support] knex666 - Nextcloud

I am aslo seeing this message `The database is used for transactional file locking. To enhance performance, please configure memcache, if available`. Not sure how to do such a thing, but it looks like it has something to do with redis. I have got redis setup. so do i need to edit the config with redis info or quite what?

On 2/18/2023 at 7:27 PM, KShips said:

'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

i tired this as im getting "You are accessing your instance over a secure connection, however your instance is generating insecure URLs. This most likely means that you are behind a reverse proxy and the overwrite config variables are not set correctly. Please read the documentation page about this". But i just get webpage not available when accessing locally. I never remember this much problem when setting up linux server io. Not sure how to get the local web ui to load over https. i know im gonna get the connection not secure thing, but then you just click continue.

i will add that if anyone is getting issues with selecting cron, to make a userscript with the following

echo "START SCANNING FOR NEXTCLOUD FILES&FOLDERS"
docker exec --user 99 Nextcloud php occ files:scan --all &
docker exec --user 99 Nextcloud php -f /var/www/html/cron.php

Set it to run every hour and you should be sorted.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Goldmaster said:

I am aslo seeing this message `The database is used for transactional file locking. To enhance performance, please configure memcache, if available`. Not sure how to do such a thing, but it looks like it has something to do with redis. I have got redis setup. so do i need to edit the config with redis info or quite what?

AFAIK this is just 

'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',

and should be there by default.

After Update the docker can not access the webui 

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

Installation:

Nextcloud Quelle:: nextcloud:latest

postgresql15

Log:

Nextcloud

"GET/custom_apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php?req=/hosting/capabilities HTTP/1.1" 503 17797 "-" "Nextcloud Server Crawler"

postgresql15

FATAL:  remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replication superuser connections

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Prinler said:

Is the default location of my files going to appdata? How do i make this goto my /mnt/user/data/nextcloud ???

I have an extra one in my config, but this could be from an outdated template. See below...

image.png.4ca9a18aa9c729de542ef58aefd64180.png

This points to an unassigned drive since - as @alturismo says - it spins up often, together with the parity drive, so I took it off the array

Nextcloud container just updated, and now it crashes on start. Logs below. 

I have multiple local directories connected through the external storage app. Those local directories are mounted in the container in /mnt/ as read only (see below for example). Prior to this update, they all worked without issue. I also don't know why it's trying to delete one of the directories.

Config Type: Path
Name: ISOS
Container Path: /mnt/ISOS
Host Path: /mnt/user/ISOs/
Access Mode: Read Only

rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(local files/ISOS) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1338) [sender=3.2.7]
Initializing nextcloud 27.1.2.1 ...
Upgrading nextcloud from 27.1.1.0 ...
cannot delete non-empty directory: local files

EDIT: Figured it out. When I was first testing things out, I had created the folder "local files" in the /html/ directory, in which to mount local folders for use with the external storage app. thinking that was a bad idea, I moved them to /mnt/ but forgot to delete that "local files" folder. Apparently, during the upgrade process, nextcloud deletes the contents of the /html/ folder. Because it didn't have permission to delete the folder I had created, the upgrade process was failing. I deleted that folder and it completed successfully.

Edited by Fatal_Flaw
On 9/1/2023 at 12:27 PM, knex666 said:

How do you ensure that it pulls the latest official image if you build your own?

That would be great to know to merge these projects

Any chance of this going forward? I thing that ffmpeg is a must for Nextcloud.

Edited by JAnguita
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, knex666 said:

no, not jet - do you? whats happening?

Perhaps the problem is that a few days ago I've modified the Docker custom network type

With macvlan a few days ago, Nextcloud was working ok. Now I've changed to ipvlan because some stability problems on UnRAID.

In this days, Nextcloud is updated and now I'm not sure the cause. 

Nextcloud docker doesn't get started. This is the only log I can get before the docker closes:

/entrypoint.sh: 137: cannot create /var/www/html/nextcloud-init-sync.lock: Permission denied
text  error  warn  system  array  login  

rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/versions/aom.version) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/versions/aom.hash) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/versions/.gitkeep) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/versions) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.github/workflows/update-version-info.yml) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.github/workflows/update-version-info.properties.json) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.github/workflows/main.yml) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.github/workflows/main.properties.json) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.github/workflows/github-octocat.svg) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.github/workflows) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.github/FUNDING.yml) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.github) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/refs/tags) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/refs/remotes/origin/HEAD) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/refs/remotes/origin) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/refs/remotes) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/refs/heads/main) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/refs/heads) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/refs) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/objects/pack/pack-fa56d6fb2618d74662347dd56cb807b837da7bc3.pack) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/objects/pack/pack-fa56d6fb2618d74662347dd56cb807b837da7bc3.idx) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/objects/pack) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/objects/info) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/objects) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/logs/refs/remotes/origin/HEAD) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/logs/refs/remotes/origin) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/logs/refs/remotes) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/logs/refs/heads/main) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/logs/refs/heads) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/logs/refs) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/logs/HEAD) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/logs) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/info/exclude) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/info) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/hooks/update.sample) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/hooks/push-to-checkout.sample) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/hooks/prepare-commit-msg.sample) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/hooks/pre-receive.sample) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/hooks/pre-rebase.sample) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/hooks/pre-push.sample) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/hooks/pre-merge-commit.sample) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/hooks/pre-commit.sample) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/hooks/pre-applypatch.sample) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/hooks/post-update.sample) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/hooks/fsmonitor-watchman.sample) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/hooks/commit-msg.sample) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/hooks/applypatch-msg.sample) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/hooks) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git/branches) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/packed-refs) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/index) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/description) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/config) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.git/HEAD) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: rmdir(imei/.git) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/update_version_info.sh) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/screenshot.png) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/imei.sh.sig) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/imei.sh.pem) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/imei.sh) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/imei-logo.png) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/_config.yml) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/README.md) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/LICENSE.md) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.gitignore) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.gitattributes) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: [generator] delete_file: unlink(imei/.editorconfig) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1338) [sender=3.2.7]
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/versions
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.github/workflows
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.github
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.git/refs/remotes/origin
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.git/refs/remotes
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.git/refs/heads
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.git/refs
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.git/objects/pack
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.git/objects
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.git/logs/refs/remotes/origin
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.git/logs/refs/remotes
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.git/logs/refs/heads
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.git/logs/refs
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.git/logs
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.git/info
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.git/hooks
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei/.git
cannot delete non-empty directory: imei
Initializing nextcloud 27.1.3.2 ...
Upgrading nextcloud from 27.1.2.1 ...

I've tried to modify the permissions on nextcloud folders to 777, so I don't think that it is a permission problem.

Any ideas?

On 9/21/2020 at 4:24 AM, rob_robot said:

I have been experimenting with different sql databases in nextcloud after installing it based on the instructions in the first post. 

My recommendation would be to go with Postgres11 instead of MongoDB in general. The main difference is CPU utilisation of the NAS and achievable upload speed. With MongoDB my i3 processor was at 100% utilisation when uploading larger amounts of files. In general the upload was pretty slow and also the web performance of Nextcloud was not great. With MongoDB, on local ethernet with 1 Gbit/s I got a poor 5-15 MB/s of upload speed. With postgres11, I get around 40-100 MB/s, which is pretty good considering the available 1 Gbit/s. CPU usage went down to 50-70%, so looks like postgres is way more performant than MongoDB.

Here the instructions how to set up Postgres11 in unraid:

1.) install postgres11 from CA. In the template you need to create a postgres user and password. My user was simply "postgres"

2.) console into the postgres11 docker and run (it will ask you for the password you created):

su - postgres
createuser --interactive --pwprompt

3.) type "nextcloud" to create the user nextcloud and chooser again a password for the user account. 

Type no for following questions:
super user: No
db create: No
role create: No

4.) Type in the following commands to create a new database for nextcloud:

createdb nextcloud
psql
GRANT permissions ON DATABASE nextcloud TO nextcloud  

In the above command the first "nextcloud" is the database name whereas the 2nd "nextcloud" is the name of the user. 

5.) Set-up a clean Nextcloud docker container and select postgres for the database. 

Enter username, database name and password (the one for the nextcloud user) that we previously created. You need to replace localhost by the IP address and port name of the postgres11 docker container (the IP on the right side shown in port mappings next to the postgres docker container inside the unraid docker tab. 

In general the instructions are quite similar as for MongoDB, so whoever has done the MongoDB set-up will feel that this is very familiar. 

Hi, is this still current?  I'm following it (been trying for three days to get nextcloud to run with any semplance of performance), and when I try to add the nextcloud user to postgres, I get the following:

# su - postgres
postgres@eb802b1ca5cf:~$ createuser --interactive --pwprompt
Enter name of role to add: nextcloud
Enter password for new role: 
Enter it again: 
Shall the new role be a superuser? (y/n) n
Shall the new role be allowed to create databases? (y/n) n
Shall the new role be allowed to create more new roles? (y/n) n
createuser: could not connect to database template1: connection to server on socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432" failed: FATAL:  role "postgres" does not exist

Not really sure what's going on.

Brnet

Edited by BrentBollmeier

I'm not new to Nextcloud but not expert either.

Anyone know what the appropriate permissions for the data directory is.

New Nextcloud instance creates folders with sshd:sshd
If they are not set to that then it cannot write to the directly.

Usually I would have nobody:users but again it can't load the data directory.

Setting the obvious chown -R sshd:sshd /data/path works but then other dockers cannot access it.

On 11/6/2023 at 4:27 PM, BrentBollmeier said:

Hi, is this still current?  I'm following it (been trying for three days to get nextcloud to run with any semplance of performance), and when I try to add the nextcloud user to postgres, I get the following:

# su - postgres
postgres@eb802b1ca5cf:~$ createuser --interactive --pwprompt
Enter name of role to add: nextcloud
Enter password for new role: 
Enter it again: 
Shall the new role be a superuser? (y/n) n
Shall the new role be allowed to create databases? (y/n) n
Shall the new role be allowed to create more new roles? (y/n) n
createuser: could not connect to database template1: connection to server on socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432" failed: FATAL:  role "postgres" does not exist

Not really sure what's going on.

Brnet

Well, I got past this problem.  I needed to clear out the database itself despite reinstalling the container.  

So I had everything working, needed to power down my unraid server to physically move it to its final spot.  When I booted back up, I started PostgreSQL just fine, but nextcloud won't start.  the only error I see in the log is:

/entrypoint.sh: 137: cannot create /var/www/html/nextcloud-init-sync.lock: Permission denied

Not much to go on here.  Anyone have any ideas?

On 9/2/2023 at 10:46 AM, Goldmaster said:

i will add that if anyone is getting issues with selecting cron, to make a userscript with the following

echo "START SCANNING FOR NEXTCLOUD FILES&FOLDERS"
docker exec --user 99 Nextcloud php occ files:scan --all &
docker exec --user 99 Nextcloud php -f /var/www/html/cron.php

Set it to run every hour and you should be sorted.

How do I do this and make persistent