[PLUGIN] GPU Statistics

2 hours ago, A05csta said:

is there supposed to be any power draw?  I swear this used to some something other than 0w.  

Your iGPU is barely used in this screenshot and you won‘t see any power draw unless it is used more.

Intel iGPUs are drawing near to 0W in Idle (only a few μW).

I recently installed a GTX1650 to add nvenc support to my test rig.

The i7-6700k CPU has onboard graphics.  Before installing the 1650, Ispci -Dmm | grep -E 'Display|VGA' properly reported:

0000:00:02.0 "VGA compatible controller" "Intel Corporation" "Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller" -r06 -p00 "ASUSTeK Computer Inc." "Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller"

After installing the 1650  Ispci -Dmm | grep -E 'Display|VGA' now reports:

0000:01:00.0 "VGA compatible controller" "NVIDIA Corporation" "TU116 [GeForce GTX 1650]" -ra1 -p00 "Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd" "TU116 [GeForce GTX 1650]"

GPU Statistics now only lists the 1650.

Thoughts as to why the Intel GPU is no longer seen??

Thanks!

Edited by Green Dragon
spelling
2 hours ago, Green Dragon said:

Thoughts as to why the Intel GPU is no longer seen??

Please double check in your BIOS that you've set your iGPU as the primary graphics adapter since most motherboards deactivate the iGPU when a dGPU is installed.

For some motherboards you even have to connect a monitor or a HDMI dummy plug to the onboard graphics when a dGPU is installed.

Keep in mind this has nothing to do with the GPU Statistics plugin or any other plugin, this is purely a hardware issue that you have to solve in your BIOS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please double check in your BIOS that you've set your iGPU as the primary graphics adapter since most motherboards deactivate the iGPU when a dGPU is installed.

For some motherboards you even have to connect a monitor or a HDMI dummy plug to the onboard graphics when a dGPU is installed.

Keep in mind this has nothing to do with the GPU Statistics plugin or any other plugin, this is purely a hardware issue that you have to solve in your BIOS.

This is the lost wisdom that Folding@Home and BOINC have been dealing with for ages.  This was even required back on Haswell days on Windows if you were running a dedicated GPU and wanted to use the iGPU for transcoding video or OBS for some cheap streaming setup.

I also just had this more recently on my i7-9700k Unraid Server.  I have also have a 1050 Ti installed for Folding@Home and wanted to use the iGPU for Plex HW transcoding so I had to pick up an HDMI dummy plug for the motherboard iGPU HDMI slot.

The one I picked up is https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07C4TWZRM but most of them you find should work, just check reviews as always and focus on the non 5-star reviews to look for major problems with them.

image.thumb.png.ea6800e2750c78e4b4a27814a2b6b682.png

• Thanks 1

@b3rs3rk

Get help

This plugin is very good

When I use it, I often call the core graphics card and the independent graphics card at the same time, but the plug-in can only display the working status of one graphics card.

Is there a good way to display it at the same time?

The second instance of unraid is also only available to docker, not plugins.

Hope you can help me solve this problem.

Noticed that my Alderlake igpu is no longer giving any output data on the dashboard.  I think the update to the plugin was the one before last one around a week or so ago.   

I can see igpu is rendering in the console 'intel_gpu_top'  just no sign of power draw or rendering in the plugin - has anyone else on Alderlake seen this?

• Upvote 1

After the update to intel gpu top things went wonky with gpu statistics. It wants you to enter the vender but no vender option is available (This is the version under apps)

If I manually install via the link on first page the vender shows up and I can select intel. Although its shifts the panel to the right and nothing shows up

image.thumb.png.e4c9b81028190d72c34eef9d7c257df2.png

looks like the version from github provided by the link is incompatible with latest unraid

this is the version from the app location

image.thumb.png.07b187d10fad0f1654c0af5e088096c3.png

uninstall reintsall and now I can select the GPU

image.thumb.png.c3596fc5c7da5911ecc613508dd65d73.png 

Edited by xokia
8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Are you sure that you where using the latest version from GPU Statistics?

when I checked plugins said latest. 😐

What seemed to break it is I went in an selected no for the AMD/NVIDIA items. Then update, after that it said no gpu selected. If I went in to select the GPU nothing was available. Uninstall -> reinstall I was able to select the GPU and select no for NVIDIA and AMD. Then it worked.

running intel_gpu_top and data was still available.

Edited by xokia
18 minutes ago, xokia said:

when I checked plugins said latest. 😐

Are you sure that it was from Simon?

25 minutes ago, xokia said:

What seemed to break it is I went in an selected no for the AMD/NVIDIA items. Then update, after that it said no gpu selected. If I went in to select the GPU nothing was available. Uninstall -> reinstall I was able to select the GPU and select no for NVIDIA and AMD. Then it worked.

I think @SimonF has a test server where he has three cards selected and everything is working fine. I also have a server with Intel and AMD selected and one with Intel and Nvidia selected.

42 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Are you sure that it was from Simon?

I think @SimonF has a test server where he has three cards selected and everything is working fine. I also have a server with Intel and AMD selected and one with Intel and Nvidia selected.

Iimage.png.620c32cf4eebff48e7332af151544bd9.png

Maybe my GPU crashed? I have been trying to get win11 with GPU passthrough enabled and cant seem to get it. I always lose the vnc if I pass through the GPU. It's possible I crashed the GPU and it cause some miss behavior. I dont know, I can only share what I experienced. I know when I noticed gpu statistics stop working I manually tried intel_gpu_top in the command prompt and that still worked. If I knew what caused it I'd be happy to share.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, xokia said:

Iimage.png.620c32cf4eebff48e7332af151544bd9.png

Maybe my GPU crashed? I have been trying to get win11 with GPU passthrough enabled and cant seem to get it. I always lose the vnc if I pass through the GPU. It's possible I crashed the GPU and it cause some miss behavior. I dont know, I can only share what I experienced. I know when I noticed gpu statistics stop working I manually tried intel_gpu_top in the command prompt and that still worked. If I knew what caused it I'd be happy to share.

I have 2 x Intel and 1 x NV and 1 x AMD for my test server. This is running latest inteltop and gpustat.

image.png

If it stops again, can you provide /tmp/gpujson or if you provide I can review.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, SimonF said:

I have 2 x Intel and 1 x NV and 1 x AMD for my test server. This is running latest inteltop and gpustat.

If it stops again, can you provide /tmp/gpujson or if you provide I can review.

Since they mentioned that they are trying to pass through the Intel iGPU to a Windows 11 VM, wouldn't that cause issues?  The VM trying to take over the GPU from Unraid.

From what I recall of Unraid VM's and GPU's when I was trying a 2 Gamers 1 CPU setup, most consumer GPU's can't be used by a VM and anything else at the same time.

If they don't have the Intel iGPU stubbed out, Unraid will load it and the Intel Driver, IntelTop and GPU statistics will recognise the iGPU, but as soon as the VM turns on and takes over the iGPU, Unraid will no longer be able to use it and if something else like a docker or another VM does try to use it, then that would cause the GPU to crash.

If Unraid booted in GUI mode and the iGPU was the primary, then Unraid would be outputting to the iGPU until the VM starts, then potentially would freeze the GPU and from what I remember, on AMD GPU's at least, that would lockup the GPU.  And if the GPU didn't properly support soft-reset, it would need a full shut-down at times to recover.

3 hours ago, axipher said:

Since they mentioned that they are trying to pass through the Intel iGPU to a Windows 11 VM, wouldn't that cause issues?  The VM trying to take over the GPU from Unraid.

From what I recall of Unraid VM's and GPU's when I was trying a 2 Gamers 1 CPU setup, most consumer GPU's can't be used by a VM and anything else at the same time.

If they don't have the Intel iGPU stubbed out, Unraid will load it and the Intel Driver, IntelTop and GPU statistics will recognise the iGPU, but as soon as the VM turns on and takes over the iGPU, Unraid will no longer be able to use it and if something else like a docker or another VM does try to use it, then that would cause the GPU to crash.

If Unraid booted in GUI mode and the iGPU was the primary, then Unraid would be outputting to the iGPU until the VM starts, then potentially would freeze the GPU and from what I remember, on AMD GPU's at least, that would lockup the GPU.  And if the GPU didn't properly support soft-reset, it would need a full shut-down at times to recover.

I have never been able to get iGPUs to work in a VM, but as you said likely it crashed when being released from VM.

On 9/13/2023 at 1:45 PM, ich777 said:

Install the new version from the plugin.

You have most certainly installed the old version.

On what Unraid version are you?

Well, it's my problem.

My unraid version is 6.11.5

But I don't want to upgrade above 6.12 for the time being. I have seen many people say that bugs will increase after the upgrade.

I plan to upgrade to 6.12 after two more versions.

3 hours ago, humorous-groan6614 said:

I have seen many people say that bugs will increase after the upgrade.

I don‘t see any bugs on my system and many people have upgraded without issues.

3 hours ago, humorous-groan6614 said:

Are you sure that there will be two more versions? :D

4 hours ago, humorous-groan6614 said:

Well, it's my problem.

My unraid version is 6.11.5

But I don't want to upgrade above 6.12 for the time being. I have seen many people say that bugs will increase after the upgrade.

you need to be on 6.12 to support multigpu. <6.12 you can only display one at a time.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, mikeyosm said:

Any chance @SimonF you can modify the behaviour of the dashboard to show "N/A Device Passed through" or similar so it looks better?

Sorry but this seems like a niche problem...

Wouldn't it be better to not configure it in the GPU Statistics plugin so that it even don't show up on the Dashboard when it's passed through?

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but this seems like a niche problem...

Wouldn't it be better to not configure it in the GPU Statistics plugin so that it even don't show up on the Dashboard when it's passed through?

No. When the VM is powered down and the GPU is released back to the host, the dashboard re-detects the card and updates, this I like.