[PLUGIN] GPU Statistics

53 minutes ago, axipher said:

the multi-gpu-stat does work with multiple Intel GPU's

Sure, why not?

53 minutes ago, axipher said:

using the Thor2000 6.7.9 custom kernel

I don't think that Simon supports Custom Kernels. I would also recommend that you switch over to the official Kernel.

You don't get much benefit anyways with a ARC GPU, the only thing that you will notice is that your power draw is higher.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sure, why not?

I don't think that Simon supports Custom Kernels. I would also recommend that you switch over to the official Kernel.

You don't get much benefit anyways with a ARC GPU, the only thing that you will notice is that your power draw is higher.

I was more so just posting to note that what he has now does work with a different kernel, in case someone else might have wanted to see monitoring for an Arc GPU.

My switchover from the Coffee Lake iGPU to the Arc GPU was for a few reasons:

• My library is starting to have more AV1 content in it
  • The Coffee Lake iGPU had no AV1 decode, so and AV1 videos on my server would switch to software decode which at times cannot maintain even 1.0x transcode speed on a 1080p video with only 8 threads.  This is especially a problem with 3 or more streams or if something else is using CPU on the server or audio transcoding is required.
  • ARC is able to transcode faster than the iGPU on the same source files allowing for quicker skipping through media playback
  • The 20W if extra idle power and bursts of power draw during transcoding is okay for me in my home server rack
  • Arc GPU on sale was cheaper than a new motherboard and CPU or the similar Nvidia option

I switched to the Thor2000 Custom Kernel because the current 6.12.8 Unraid Official Kernel doesn't support Arc for Plex Transcoding.

Ideally staying on the Unraid included 6.1 kernel would have been best, but Arc wouldn't work without changing kernels.  From my research, it seemed like the only main things I would lose from the custom kernel was being to use the Nvidia-plugin and an Nvidia GPU, and ZFS, both of which I'm not using at all in this Unraid box.  This is also my secondary Unraid that runs Plex, redundant PiHole and some other redundant dockers, the main box with the media files is still on official kernel to avoid any chance of data corruption.

Hi,

Had two gpu inside and now back to newer single one taking more slot space but after changing the cheack box for the new one had only gpu2 empty in the dashboard after a reboot new gpu still selected in settings but nothing displaying in the dashboard now?

Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.250a5a5beec489e6d297fc148be7d819.png

15 hours ago, AppleJon said:

Hi,

Had two gpu inside and now back to newer single one taking more slot space but after changing the cheack box for the new one had only gpu2 empty in the dashboard after a reboot new gpu still selected in settings but nothing displaying in the dashboard now?

Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.250a5a5beec489e6d297fc148be7d819.png

Now added a second GPU with the same name and only see GPU2?

image.thumb.png.4cdc72b0b1bb55a91f1f6a8cfdaf8163.png

10 minutes ago, AppleJon said:

Now added a second GPU with the same name and only see GPU2?

image.thumb.png.4cdc72b0b1bb55a91f1f6a8cfdaf8163.png

Have you hidden the panel. Click on padlock to unlock spanner should appear on the system panel. Click and check panels selected.

image.png

Hello,

does anyone know why PowerDraw always displays a zero? I've had this problem since I changed my CPU. Before it was a UHD 630, now it's a UHD 750. Before it showed me values there. I tried several options in the settings, reinstalled it etc. but it does not fix my problem. 

Thank you.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 090540.png

1 hour ago, donniedarko83 said:

does anyone know why PowerDraw always displays a zero? I've had this problem since I changed my CPU. Before it was a UHD 630, now it's a UHD 750. Before it showed me values there. I tried several options in the settings, reinstalled it etc. but it does not fix my problem. 

Not all iGPUs support displaying the power draw, please open up a Unraid terminal and issue: intel_gpu_top and take a screenshot.

I have been searching through the thread for anyone missing IMC transmit/receive, but have not found anything. I just upgraded from a 10600K to a 12900K processor and I no longer have these stats. They both just show N/A. Any solutions to get these back working?

image.png.f1edecfad8e412a7715183726af5bb6a.png

Edited by MooseOnTheLoose
4 hours ago, MooseOnTheLoose said:

I have been searching through the thread for anyone missing IMC transmit/receive

Look at this post here:

Seems like you CPU doesn‘t support reporting RX and TX from the Integrated Memory Controller.

If you don‘t see it in intel_gpu_top then your CPU simply doesn‘t report it and therefore it can‘t be displayed in the GPU Statistics plugin.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, MooseOnTheLoose said:

I have been searching through the thread for anyone missing IMC transmit/receive, but have not found anything. I just upgraded from a 10600K to a 12900K processor and I no longer have these stats. They both just show N/A. Any solutions to get these back working?

image.png.f1edecfad8e412a7715183726af5bb6a.png

i have same problem too and tried with so many ways to enable transcode by modified monprobe in config but none of them are work

1 minute ago, Ellissss said:

i have same problem too and tried with so many ways to enable transcode by modified monprobe in config but none of them are work

But that is not the same problem.

Do you see your iGPU in GPU Statistics?

If yes and your only issue is that transcoding is not working please go to the support thread from the container that you are using for transcoding.

Most of the times it‘s a container issue, for such new CPUs the container needs QSV and not VAAPI.

If you are unsing Pley maybe try Jellyfin because it‘s free or try Emby and pay for a month to test.

19 hours ago, ich777 said:

But that is not the same problem.

Do you see your iGPU in GPU Statistics?

If yes and your only issue is that transcoding is not working please go to the support thread from the container that you are using for transcoding.

Most of the times it‘s a container issue, for such new CPUs the container needs QSV and not VAAPI.

If you are unsing Pley maybe try Jellyfin because it‘s free or try Emby and pay for a month to test.

igpu and gpu static able to known igpu, but should be show anything after started array ? intel gpu top report same and i tried to point /dev/dri at container but didn't work

1.jpg

2 hours ago, Ellissss said:

but should be show anything after started array

If nothing is using your iGPU actively the answer is no, what you are seeing is correct.

2 hours ago, Ellissss said:

i tried to point /dev/dri at container but didn't work

What do you mean by that? You have to configure transcoding and even force a transcode to be able to see some utilisazion in the GPU Statistics plugin on the Dashboard or in intel_gpu_top

I've skimmed through most of this thread and am having similar issues - GPU stats dashboard frozen. It's been a bit on/off - like it works for about 5 minutes after I updated to 6.12.9, but just stopped at some point and haven't been able to get it working since. Tried all the high-level trouble-shooting I've read in this thread - making sure it's the newest CA version, uninstall/reinstall, browser cache/cookies removed etc.

Dashboard screens were take while I was playing a plex video that has used GPU trancoding in the past.

GPU is just a little Quadro P1000.

Have tried to attach as much as I could - hopefully enough there to help diagnose.

NB: The CPU in this system is an i7-4790. The Processor widget on the dash recognises this correctly, so unsure why the GPU Stats widget is registering a Xeon E3-1200? Unless it's just the same tag of the E3 and 4th gen intels?

Screenshot 2024-04-06 132207.png

nVidia driver plugin.png

nvidia-smi.png

tower-diagnostics-20240406-1412.zip cat tmp gpujson.txt intel_gpu_top -J -d pci slot=0000 00 02 0.txt timeout -k .500 .600 intel_gpu_top -J -s 250 -d pci slot=0000 00 02 0.txt dmesg grep i915.txt timeout -k .500 .400 intel_gpu_top -J -s 250.txt cat gpustat.cfg.txt nvidia-smi -q -x -g GPU-0bdaba85-62de-f0c2-97a7-0f305cdc625e.txt

Edited by CouchPawTayTow
re: Xeon mentioned in GPU stat widget

My Gpu Stats are closing right after I've opened them. Everything is up to date, only Unraid is on 6.12.8 because I tried if it is working when I go back. It shows me, that the "Gpu not available bound to Vfio or in use in a VM" I have no VM running and it is not bound in VFIO. Is there a workaround to get this fixed? I reinstalled everything more than once but the issue still exists.

Unraid2.png

Unraid.png

Unraid3.png

14 hours ago, Chriss_93 said:

My Gpu Stats are closing right after I've opened them. Everything is up to date, only Unraid is on 6.12.8 because I tried if it is working when I go back. It shows me, that the "Gpu not available bound to Vfio or in use in a VM" I have no VM running and it is not bound in VFIO. Is there a workaround to get this fixed? I reinstalled everything more than once but the issue still exists.

Unraid2.png

Unraid.png

Unraid3.png

Can you provide the results of

cat /tmp/gpujson 

Here is the result:

Time = Fri, 12 Apr 2024 17:59:00 +0200
{"00:02.0":{"clock":0,"fan":"N\/A","memclock":"N\/A","memutil":"N\/A","memused":"N\/A","power":"0W","powermax":"N\/A","rxutil":"N\/A","txutil":"N\/A","temp":"N\/A","tempmax":"N\/A","util":"0%","vendor":"Intel","name":"Alder Lake-S GT1 [UHD Graphics 730]","3drender":"0%","blitter":"0%","interrupts":1,"powerutil":"0%","video":"0%","videnh":"0%","vfio":false,"vfiochk":false,"vfiochkid":"0000:00:02.0","panel":1}}

1 hour ago, Chriss_93 said:

Here is the result:

Time = Fri, 12 Apr 2024 17:59:00 +0200
{"00:02.0":{"clock":0,"fan":"N\/A","memclock":"N\/A","memutil":"N\/A","memused":"N\/A","power":"0W","powermax":"N\/A","rxutil":"N\/A","txutil":"N\/A","temp":"N\/A","tempmax":"N\/A","util":"0%","vendor":"Intel","name":"Alder Lake-S GT1 [UHD Graphics 730]","3drender":"0%","blitter":"0%","interrupts":1,"powerutil":"0%","video":"0%","videnh":"0%","vfio":false,"vfiochk":false,"vfiochkid":"0000:00:02.0","panel":1}}

The data is correct that message should be seen, If you press F12 do you see any errors in console.

image.png