[Plugin] Docker Folder

25 minutes ago, Squid said:

@thecode was also starting to maintain it.

Indeed, tried to look at it, but as you wrote before it needs major rewrite, most of my experience is with backend and not with frontend and I have limited time now, I can fix broken logic, but too busy for a complete rewrite. 
If someone have time to fix it, I can still validate the changes and release a new version. I will also try to look at it again when I have more time.

On 7/21/2023 at 9:37 AM, 1471 said:

Hoping @scolcipitato might have had some luck!

When I made the "fix" I was sick at home and with nothing to do, so I tried starting from scratch.

I have done almost all the basic folder functionalities on the docker tab, I have gone as far as replacing some of the unraid function just to make the plugin run better, then found a breaking bug, I have discovered that unraid don't delete the container from the userprefs when deleting a container, this is break the code completely for me.

I must say that I haven't touched the code since, so one of these days I might work things out.

• Like 3

Apprecaite all the replies, hopefully this can be picked up in the future :)

On 7/22/2023 at 8:35 PM, scolcipitato said:

When I made the "fix" I was sick at home and with nothing to do, so I tried starting from scratch.

I have done almost all the basic folder functionalities on the docker tab, I have gone as far as replacing some of the unraid function just to make the plugin run better, then found a breaking bug, I have discovered that unraid don't delete the container from the userprefs when deleting a container, this is break the code completely for me.

I must say that I haven't touched the code since, so one of these days I might work things out.

Obviously joking, but hope you have a very mild cold, one day off work sort of thing, in the future (no idea how long it would take to rewrite a plugin!)

Edited by 1471

Hi guys!

I bring good news, I worked on it, managed to solve the bug I was talking about, and now I have a version that I think work (although for now only the docker tab is done, no VM and no Dashboard).
If anyone wants to help me test the new version, I'll gladly accept any help, just DM me on discord.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I have finished coding the plugin, the CSS side of things is not really good, but everything should work.
Keep in mind that there may be bugs.

Here is the GitHub if you want to help, and here is the link for the plugin.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that the plugin is NOT compatible with the old one

Edited by scolcipitato
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

Edit:

Brilliant thank you for this. When you say not compatible does this mean rebuilding the folders from scratch? Or can config json file be exported from old plugin into your new plugin?

Edited by FrequencyLost
28 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

I have finished coding the plugin, the CSS side of things is not really good, but everything should work.
Keep in mind that there may be bugs.

Here is the GitHub if you want to help, and here is the link for the plugin.

Edit:

Thanks @scolcipitato!

I just installed the link you provided over the old plugin, i'm on 6.12.3.

When I'm on the docker tab and unlock movement, I still can't drag any of the containers.

Do i need to reboot for the plugin to take effect?

Or maybe just restart emhhtp?

Edited by shpitz461
38 minutes ago, FrequencyLost said:

Brilliant thank you for this. When you say not compatible does this mean rebuilding the folders from scratch? Or can config json file be exported from old plugin into your new plugin?

You have to make the folders with the new plugin, you can't import the old ones.
If you want the same folders, I suggest saving the old config and then manually recreating them (I had quite a bit of regex rules).

39 minutes ago, shpitz461 said:

When I'm on the docker tab and unlock movement, I still can't drag any of the containers.

You can order the containers when you edit the folder.
Note that you can't order regex selection.

49 minutes ago, shpitz461 said:

Thanks @scolcipitato!

I just installed the link you provided over the old plugin, i'm on 6.12.3.

Same issue on a fresh, trial install of 6.12.3, PM'd with more @scolcipitato with some more info

1 hour ago, shpitz461 said:

28 minutes ago, 1471 said:

Same issue on a fresh, trial install of 6.12.3, PM'd with more @scolcipitato with some more info

you have to do it here:

image.thumb.png.14fc993c4169ea1f2a6694b2523e64e4.png

create or edit a folder, scroll a bit down, then hold swipe the container, you want to change the position.

@scolcipitato maybe you have to add an icon, or something that indicates how and were to move the container position inside a folder?

1 minute ago, sonic6 said:

maybe you have to add an icon, or something that indicates how and were to move the container position inside a folder?

Yes, I need to do it, I am just bad at this type of stuff.

1 minute ago, sonic6 said:

do you plan to release it on the CA? maybe it would be better starting a new thread and let the Dev Team deprecate the old thread and plugin?

This is the plan, but on the CA there is also the old one, I don't know if it is better to create a new one and have the two plugins on CA at the same time or have only this one.

9 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

I don't know if it is better to create a new one and have the two plugins on CA at the same time or have only this one.

i would recommend contacting the Dev Team. there a some deprecate plugins from the past and they know, how to handle that case.

38 minutes ago, sonic6 said:

you have to do it here:

image.thumb.png.14fc993c4169ea1f2a6694b2523e64e4.png

create or edit a folder, scroll a bit down, then hold swipe the container, you want to change the position.

I don't see the containers list below the options, only the toggle entries below:

image.thumb.png.dda0a3af8fac46b2d828c08b9b9b8a33.png

I haven't rebooted since installing the new plugin over the old one (didn't uninstall the old one 1st).

Edited by shpitz461
1 minute ago, shpitz461 said:

I don't see the containers list below the options, only the toggle entries below:

I haven't rebooted since installing the new plugin over the old one (didn't uninstall the old one 1st).

This is the old one.
I don't think you need to reboot, just uninstall and reinstall.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, shpitz461 said:

First, backup you settings from the old Plugin. Like do some Screenshots,... then unistall the old one.

• Thanks 1