[Plugin] Docker Folder

4 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

I think I have a name.
Does 'UnFolders' sound good?

Since unfolding is a verb, unfolders sounds like the thing doing the unfolding. Not the worst suggestion I've seen so far, but it doesn't jump out and grab me. UnCategories? I don't like that any better than Unfolders though. UnCategorizer?

2 hours ago, Ulf Thomas Johansen said:

Thank you so much for picking up this project. I think many rely heavily on this plugin.

I am running 6.12.3 and I have an issue when creating a new folder. This is what I've done:

• Remove old plugin
  • Installed yours
  • Created a new folder an added MariaDB to it

When I refresh my Docker-page the folder is not visible (I have rebooted Unraid, cleared my cache and tried a different browser)

If I try to create a new one MariaDB is not available to be added (as I assume it is already in a folder).

Is there something on my system that is failing since I cannot see folders?

Try this:

Made a new update:

• Fixed an issue where folder were offsetting index on the grabbing
  • A little CSS work
  • UX on the folder creation/edit page
  • debug mode
  • ability to set the folder icon from a docker container or VM

The debug mode is the interesting one, it dumps all the important data to replicate bugs and download a file.

I'm still thinking about a name...

34 minutes ago, shpitz461 said:

How about 'FolderView' or 'UIFolderView'? I don't think DockerFolder and the like is suitable since it doesn't apply to dockers only. It also works on VM's and maybe in the fufure on other elements.

Seconded, that's the first suggestion that felt like it fit without being clumsy.

57 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

sounds really good to me.

Probably time to think about releasing a new beta version under your name and splitting away from this old thread.

I must confess I don't know what is needed to get this listed with CA, but I can move a new support thread you create elsewhere to this plugin support area. You can create a thread in the lounge or something, and when you are ready to have it moved here just report your own post asking for it to be moved.

Just now, JonathanM said:

I must confess I don't know what is needed to get this listed with CA, but I can move a new support thread you create elsewhere to this plugin support area. You can create a thread in the lounge or something, and when you are ready to have it moved here just report your own post asking for it to be moved.

I'll do it now then

Using some name examples above and some AI + tweaking, what about the following.

Stackr

Folderize

Folderio

Stackify

Folderix

At this point it's crazy how good this plugin is and how much it's needed to manage Unraid yet it hasn't been incorporated.

Edited by ados
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, ados said:

Using some name examples above and some AI + tweaking, what about the following.

Stackr

Folderize

Folderio

Stackify

Folderix

At this point it's crazy how good this plugin is and how much it's needed to manage Unraid yet it hasn't been incorporated.

I am diggin' on Folderize.  That names sounds kinda neat.

4 minutes ago, Ulf Thomas Johansen said:

Will you be implementing a feature that will update all images within a folder? 

I will do it, I just need to figure out how to do it.

Anyway, we have a new thread for the new plugin, i think is better to post there.

13 hours ago, scolcipitato said:

This is the link to the new support thread, I'm moving everything to a new GitHub repo and then I will try and put this on the CA.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HHUBS said:

Can someone share a snapshot of the new docker folder plugin? What it looks like? Thank you.

It doesn't really have a look, I implemented the ability to add custom styles, so if you don't like the way it looks you can always use a custom style or create one of your own.

This is the default style.

immagine.thumb.png.ffb659698a9030041ef8b4dc3b1ea1ea.png

And these are the settings that I used on those folders.

immagine.thumb.png.08078aaa6c722620e0cf9669f632efd7.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
22 hours ago, scolcipitato said:

It doesn't really have a look, I implemented the ability to add custom styles, so if you don't like the way it looks you can always use a custom style or create one of your own.

This is the default style.

immagine.thumb.png.ffb659698a9030041ef8b4dc3b1ea1ea.png

And these are the settings that I used on those folders.

immagine.thumb.png.08078aaa6c722620e0cf9669f632efd7.png

Thank you for this. I'll look into this.