Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

How do I stop a copy operation?  I had started a several terabyte copy operation in midnight commander from my array to an unassigned device, but it is painfully slow transferring to an NTFS disk.  Midnight commander no longer shows the operation in the interface.  I attempted unmounting the disk but that did not work, as well as attempting to stop all UD services.

Edited by jargo
14 hours ago, jargo said:

How do I stop a copy operation?  I had started a several terabyte copy operation in midnight commander from my array to an unassigned device, but it is painfully slow transferring to an NTFS disk.  Midnight commander no longer shows the operation in the interface.  I attempted unmounting the disk but that did not work, as well as attempting to stop all UD services.

Cancelling an operation should be handled cleanly by MC.

Install the "Open Files" plugin and it will allow you to kill the processes using the file(s).

On 8/9/2023 at 7:23 AM, dlandon said:

I honestly didn't know that would work.  Some of the changes recently caused this issue for you.  I've made a change that will fix this.  It will be in the next release.

@dlandon downloaded 2023.08.13.  I had to re-create the share, after that everything works in the GUI being able to link to a sub-directory.  Thank you!

Hi, I've been using UD+ with an HFS+ drive and it's worked pretty good. All of a sudden this drive went read only.

In the logs is says this:

Aug 14 08:51:08 tdc-tower unassigned.devices: Mounting partition 'sdj2' at mountpoint '/mnt/disks/FCPX-SSD'...
Aug 14 08:51:08 tdc-tower unassigned.devices: Mount cmd: /sbin/mount -t 'hfsplus' -o force,rw,users,umask=000 '/dev/sdj2' '/mnt/disks/FCPX-SSD'
Aug 14 08:51:08 tdc-tower kernel: hfsplus: Filesystem was not cleanly unmounted, running fsck.hfsplus is recommended.  mounting read-only.
Aug 14 08:51:08 tdc-tower unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '/dev/sdj2' on '/mnt/disks/FCPX-SSD'.

And then when I run fsck:

fsck.hfsplus: error while loading shared libraries: libmd.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

How do I run a file system check and repair on that drive?

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, K1LLA_KING_KING said:

I am connected via Zerotier to another Unraid server which can mount this servers SMB shares (in a vice-versa config)

You have what looks like a routing problem:

Aug 16 04:13:28 TGTBServer kernel: CIFS: Attempting to mount \\10.147.19.9\plex
Aug 16 04:13:28 TGTBServer kernel: CIFS: VFS: Error connecting to socket. Aborting operation.
Aug 16 04:13:28 TGTBServer kernel: CIFS: VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -111
Aug 16 04:13:28 TGTBServer unassigned.devices: SMB default protocol mount failed: 'mount error(111): could not connect to 10.147.19.9Unable to find suitable address. '.

Return code = -111 is a connecion issue.

The SMB listen IP addresses from testparm are:

interfaces = 192.168.2.53/24 127.0.0.1 10.147.19.188/24

The range of usable IP addresses within this subnet is from 10.147.19.1 to 10.147.19.254.  Your target IP address of 10.147.19.9 is within this range, so it should work.  Check your network layout and your remote server.  Unraid 6.12 requires some configuration for ZeroTier.  The issue could also be with the remote server.

If the orb ball is green, it means the remote server is responding to a ping, but does not guarantee that the remote share will mount.  I'm assuming that the remote server is being accessed over the Internet because you are using ZeroTier.  Be sure port 445 is able to pass through your routers on both ends.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Aug 16 04:13:28 TGTBServer kernel: CIFS: VFS: Error connecting to socket. Aborting operation.
Aug 16 04:13:28 TGTBServer kernel: CIFS: VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -111
Aug 16 04:13:28 TGTBServer unassigned.devices: SMB default protocol mount failed: 'mount error(111): could not connect to 10.147.19.9Unable to find suitable address. '.

Return code = -111 is a connecion issue.

Well I have both servers GUI's accessible via ZT, I can access the other dockers UI's, so it seems the network is currently set up properly.
Unfortunatly port forwarding is not an option with CGNAT
but since I can only mount on 1 machine but not the other.. I will need another solution for file sync / backup
image.thumb.png.6aee8abfbb1bc7501281ddc4f2e921dd.png

Hey guys,

Unraid v6.12.3

Unassigned Devices plugin v2023.08.14

Basically my issue is just that Utilization doesn't show up on the Dashboard, but does under Main > Unassigned Devices.

It never has and I just assumed that's how it was, but now I'm wondering if it's supposed to show up.

Thank you!

image.png.e23bbddc6398265f4f3057a2522ed1ee.png

21 hours ago, dlandon said:

UPDATE:

today it mounted after a reboot, but now have lost Unraid GUI via ZT, I seem to be finding some anomalies with DNS settings and Zeroteir. So deff network related issue
image.thumb.png.85c6c7acba237d6f68c28f73e14a6a71.png

5 hours ago, hasown said:

Was the hidden Windows share thing ever resolved? I have the same issue. A share shows "-- Invalid Configuration - Remove and Re-add --" when the $ is at the end. If that's removed in Windows sharing options, the exact same share mounts fine with UD.

I mounted a hidden Windows share with no issues.  Why do you need to add a dollar sign?  The dollar sign causes issues with php.

27 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I mounted a hidden Windows share with no issues.  Why do you need to add a dollar sign?  The dollar sign causes issues with php.

the $ is the thing that make it a hidden share. All windows admin shares are $ shares (C$ for example) ... I also have an issue where shares that have been mounted before, and now show as invalid, when removed the mount point is still there and working if you look in remotes.... not sure how to get rid of this ghost!!

1 minute ago, [email protected] said:

the $ is the thing that make it a hidden share. All windows admin shares are $ shares (C$ for example) ... I also have an issue where shares that have been mounted before, and now show as invalid, when removed the mount point is still there and working if you look in remotes.... not sure how to get rid of this ghost!!

I think I see the issue.

Go to a command line and unmount the share:

umount /mnt/remotes/share

开发者你好,更新最新一版的插件后,局域网内以中文字符命名的文件挂载失败(包SMB和NFS都试过,均无法挂载),同局域网上以下英文字符名称的文件夹可以挂载成功,在此之前的版本未发生这种情况,请开发者及时排查,谢谢

3 minutes ago, lurenyi said:

开发者你好,更新最新一版的插件后,局域网内以中文字符命名的文件挂载失败(包SMB和NFS都试过,均无法挂载),同局域网上以下英文字符名称的文件夹可以挂载成功,在此之前的版本未发生这种情况,请开发者及时排查,谢谢

Post a screen shot and your diagnostics.

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

1 hour ago, lurenyi said:

Update UD and try again.