Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

4 hours ago, YUPAN said:

after the new update I can add SMB share with chinese file name sucessfully, but got the mounting point showing “invalid configuration etc.”

Can you PM me the '/flash/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/samba_mount.cfg' file?

Please turn off the UD logging.  It is too hard to read the log with the UD messages flooding the log.

6 hours ago, alturismo said:

when i push mount, says "already mounted" ... and actually they are already mounted ... just happened while updated UAD

Here is what I see in your samba_mounts.cfg file:

[//ALSBATH/internal]
protocol = "SMB"
ip = "192.168.1.45"

The 'ip' value is supposed to be 'ALSBATH', and not an IP address.

and

[//ALSSLEEP/internal]
protocol = "SMB"
ip = "192.168.1.25"

The 'ip' is supposed to be 'ALSSLEEP', and not an IP address.

I'm not sure how you got into this situation.  UD should never let this happen.  I suspect these are both old configurations and UD did something different then.

Do the following:

• Stop your server.
  • Remove the two SMB mounts.
  • Start your server.
  • Add the two shares back and mount them to see if it's all sorted out.
6 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I'm not sure how you got into this situation.  UD should never let this happen.  I suspect these are both old configurations and UD did something different then.

about "old configuration" ... definately, i d say almost from startup ~ 2016 here ;)

i will do so on the next regular reboot (cleanup system) and report back then, its all working in the "background" as the shares are funtionally mounted, so currently more or less just a GUI glitch here ...

thanks for looking into it

6 hours ago, YUPAN said:

IMG_1301.thumb.jpeg.4a982770188930dd9b59934dd28b282a.jpegafter the new update I can add SMB share with chinese file name sucessfully, but got the mounting point showing “invalid configuration etc.” and was unable to mount, and nothing happens changing the mounting point to other names or the legacy mounting point in the UD setting sorry if it was my problem with settingsunraid-diagnostics-20230807-1237.zip

Fixed in the next release.  You will have to remove the remote share and add it back.  It will be fixed when the remote share is added back.

7 minutes ago, alturismo said:

about "old configuration" ... definately, i d say almost from startup ~ 2016 here ;)

i will do so on the next regular reboot (cleanup system) and report back then, its all working in the "background" as the shares are funtionally mounted, so currently more or less just a GUI glitch here ...

Be sure to turn off auto mount before a reboot or you'll end up back in the same situation.

12 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Fixed in the next release.  You will have to remove the remote share and add it back.  It will be fixed when the remote share is added back.

so happy to hear this can be solved, changing those share names is hard for me, thank you very much for looking into my troubles!😺

57 minutes ago, alturismo said:

I just remembered there is a trick that should fix this for you without a reboot,  Just add the share as if you were setting it up for the first time and it will update and 'fix' the configuration.

Diagnostic found here: 

I want to read the array on another unraid machine but UD plugin only shows the format option. The filesystem may be unknown (should be XFS)

How should I continue? I only see /dev/sdb, no partitions.

Edit: connected via USB

Edited by RBB87
1 hour ago, dlandon said:

The 'ip' value is supposed to be 'ALSBATH', and not an IP address.

As a note I've had to manually change it to IP at some point by editing the config file as it sometimes wasn't resolving the name, but it's never caused me problems.

7 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

As a note I've had to manually change it to IP at some point by editing the config file as it sometimes wasn't resolving the name, but it's never caused me problems.

It's better to create the share and specify the IP address instead of the server name if you have those issues.

42 minutes ago, RBB87 said:

Diagnostic found here: 

I want to read the array on another unraid machine but UD plugin only shows the format option. The filesystem may be unknown (should be XFS)

How should I continue? I only see /dev/sdb, no partitions.

Edit: connected via USB

If Linux can't see a partition and file system on the disk, UD can't do anything with it.  Maybe some of the disk gurus here can suggest a method of fixing the disk partition and file system.

4 hours ago, dlandon said:

If Linux can't see a partition and file system on the disk, UD can't do anything with it.  Maybe some of the disk gurus here can suggest a method of fixing the disk partition and file system.

I'm going to try a different SATA to USB device, as this one is very old it may cause some issues.

Good afternoon!

Anyone else having issues mounting a hidden Windows share?

I have this share below mounted for months and since the last few updates (not sure which), it won't mount anymore.

This is my samba_mount.cfg

[//192.168.0.95/share]
protocol = "SMB"
ip = "192.168.0.95"
path = "share$"
user = "nas"
domain = ""
pass = "7QqlKKHP4F2PVZAs7zvbFw=="
share = "share$"
mountpoint = "Share"

Any sugestions or ideas?

Of course, normal shares mount normally.

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Sanches said:

Good afternoon!

Anyone else having issues mounting a hidden Windows share?

I have this share below mounted for months and since the last few updates (not sure which), it won't mount anymore.

This is my samba_mount.cfg

[//192.168.0.95/share]
protocol = "SMB"
ip = "192.168.0.95"
path = "share$"
user = "nas"
domain = ""
pass = "7QqlKKHP4F2PVZAs7zvbFw=="
share = "share$"
mountpoint = "Share"

Any sugestions or ideas?

Of course, normal shares mount normally.

Thank you!

Post diagnostics.

I added a very simple scripts to an external harddrive, just to confirm that it was running.

#!/bin/bash
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
## Available variables:
# ACTION - if mounting, ADD; if unmounting, UNMOUNT; if unmounted, REMOVE; if error, ERROR_MOUNT, ERROR_UNMOUNT
# DEVICE - partition device, e.g. /dev/sda1
# UD_DEVICE - unassigned devX designation
# SERIAL - disk serial number
# LABEL - partition label
# LUKS - if the device is encrypted, this is the partition device, e.g. /dev/sda1
# FSTYPE - partition filesystem
# MOUNTPOINT - where the partition is mounted
# OWNER - "udev" if executed by UDEV, otherwise "user"
# PROG_NAME - program name of this script
# LOGFILE - log file for this script

case $ACTION in
  'ADD' )
     echo "mounted" >> $LOGFILE
  ;;

'REMOVE' )
    echo "unmounted" >> $LOGFILE
  ;;
esac

I also added automount to the the disk, and I see that mounting works fine. But it does not seem that the script is running when disk is mounted. The log file is empty. Also tried to write to /tmp/mount.txt and /tmp/unmount.txt instead of logfile, but nothing happens there are as well. 

Device script is pointing to:

/boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices//mnt/disks/ExtBackup1.sh

I see that this file contains my script.

(BTW why does the path contain a double slash?)

Any ideas?

21 minutes ago, ziggy99 said:

I added a very simple scripts to an external harddrive, just to confirm that it was running.

#!/bin/bash
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
## Available variables:
# ACTION - if mounting, ADD; if unmounting, UNMOUNT; if unmounted, REMOVE; if error, ERROR_MOUNT, ERROR_UNMOUNT
# DEVICE - partition device, e.g. /dev/sda1
# UD_DEVICE - unassigned devX designation
# SERIAL - disk serial number
# LABEL - partition label
# LUKS - if the device is encrypted, this is the partition device, e.g. /dev/sda1
# FSTYPE - partition filesystem
# MOUNTPOINT - where the partition is mounted
# OWNER - "udev" if executed by UDEV, otherwise "user"
# PROG_NAME - program name of this script
# LOGFILE - log file for this script

case $ACTION in
  'ADD' )
     echo "mounted" >> $LOGFILE
  ;;

'REMOVE' )
    echo "unmounted" >> $LOGFILE
  ;;
esac

I also added automount to the the disk, and I see that mounting works fine. But it does not seem that the script is running when disk is mounted. The log file is empty. Also tried to write to /tmp/mount.txt and /tmp/unmount.txt instead of logfile, but nothing happens there are as well. 

Device script is pointing to:

/boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices//mnt/disks/ExtBackup1.sh

I see that this file contains my script.

(BTW why does the path contain a double slash?)

Any ideas?

That's a bug I introduced by accident yesterday.  I'll have a fix later today.

1 minute ago, dlandon said:

That's a bug I introduced by accident yesterday.  I'll have a fix later today.

Is the bug that the scripts are not working at all? Or the double slash? Or are they connected?

BTW, I see that in "historic devices" when I have unplugged my drive, all scripts settings are gone from that view. But they come back when I plug my drive...

2 hours ago, ziggy99 said:

Is the bug that the scripts are not working at all? Or the double slash? Or are they connected?

BTW, I see that in "historic devices" when I have unplugged my drive, all scripts settings are gone from that view. But they come back when I plug my drive...

Probably all of the above.