Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

I think I see the issue.

Go to a command line and unmount the share:

umount /mnt/remotes/share

Just an update.

Mine is still with the same issue... As Steve said, hidden shares in Windows use the $ at the end of the share name... And there was no issue mounting this kind of shares using the plugin, until recent updates.

Since it stoped working, the error was "-- Invalid Configuration - Remove and Re-add --". I've updated the plugin now and the error changed to "Device '//192.168.0.95/share' failed to mount. Check the syslog for details."

About the "ghost" mount, I tried "umount /mnt/remotes/share" and it worked, but the root folder for the share is still there...

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Sanches said:

Just an update.

Mine is still with the same issue... As Steve said, hidden shares in Windows use the $ at the end of the share name... And there was no issue mounting this kind of shares using the plugin, until recent updates.

Yes, recent updates are dealing with the Chinese Character set and checking for invalid configurations on remote shares.  The handling of the dollar sign unfortunately got changed and I'm working on getting that fixed.

Give me a diagnostics so I can take a closer look.  You may be in a situation where the residue from the previous issues is causing the share to not mount.  One thing to try:

rmdir /mnt/remotes/share/

Then try mounting the share.

Also give me a screen shot of the UD page showing the samba share.

13 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Yes, recent updates are dealing with the Chinese Character set and checking for invalid configurations on remote shares.  The handling of the dollar sign unfortunately got changed and I'm working on getting that fixed.

Give me a diagnostics so I can take a closer look.  You may be in a situation where the residue from the previous issues is causing the share to not mount.  One thing to try:

rmdir /mnt/remotes/share/

Then try mounting the share.

Also give me a screen shot of the UD page showing the samba share.

Tried that: rmdir: failed to remove '/mnt/remotes/share': Device or resource busy

image.png.ba9879463dbd12ecdbc2449824ea7b74.png

I'm planning a reboot later today to see if it helps with any old config issue.

BR

nas-diagnostics-20230817-1132.zip

4 minutes ago, dlandon said:

That's why it won't remount.

Make sure the mount point is exactly 'share'.  UD should pick it up then.

Your reboot should straighten things out.

One last update:

umount and rmdir worked now!

When I try to add the share and click on mount, the error "Device '//192.168.0.95/share' failed to mount. Check the syslog for details." appears.

But the share gets mounted and appears in the /mnt/remotes/

Even after erasing from UD, it still shows in /mnt/remotes/

Edited by Sanches

Have just applied latest Unassigned devices plugin,  2023.08.17 and can confirm $ shares can now be configured.

I cannot however connect to an authenticated share. Syslog output:

Aug 17 15:29:42 UNRAID unassigned.devices: Mounting Remote Share '//10.1.1.13/Software'...

Aug 17 15:29:42 UNRAID unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//10.1.1.13/Software$' using SMB 3.1.1 protocol.

Aug 17 15:29:42 Avon-UNRAID unassigned.devices: Mount SMB command: /sbin/mount -t cifs -o rw,noserverino,nounix,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,uid=99,gid=100,vers=3.1.1,credentials='/tmp/unassigned.devices/credentials_Software$' '//10.1.1.13/Software$' '/mnt/remotes/10.1.1.13_Software$'

Aug 17 15:29:42 Avon-UNRAID kernel: CIFS: Attempting to mount \\10.1.1.13\Software$ Aug 17 15:29:42

UNRAID kernel: CIFS: Status code returned 0xc000006d STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE Aug 17 15:29:42

UNRAID kernel: CIFS: VFS: \\10.1.1.13 Send error in SessSetup = -13 Aug 17 15:29:42

UNRAID kernel: CIFS: VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13 Aug 17 15:29:42

UNRAID unassigned.devices: Remote Share '//10.1.1.13/Software$' failed to mount.

I can see on the windows server login fail due to bad username/pass .... username looks good on windows event log

If i run the mount command manually, but substitute username/password for the credentials file it mounts fine and can be accessed.

/sbin/mount -t cifs -o rw,noserverino,nounix,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,uid=99,gid=100,vers=3.1.1,username=xxxxxx,passowrd=xxxx_Software$' '//10.1.1.13/Software$'

If i look to the path where the cred file is in the command.... there is nothing there.

Either way. password seems not to be being passed to Windows server.

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

I think you need a reboot.

Rebooted, but it's all the same:

When I add the share and click on mount, the error "Device '//192.168.0.95/share' failed to mount. Check the syslog for details." appears.

52 minutes ago, Sanches said:

Rebooted, but it's all the same:

When I add the share and click on mount, the error "Device '//192.168.0.95/share' failed to mount. Check the syslog for details." appears.

I had that too.... from an old $ Mount that stopped working, and had been deleted. I had to reboot, at which point it was still there but no longer connected to anything... and i could then delete

The issue right now with the remote Windows mounts actually getting mounted but UD not knowing they are mounted is caused by a change I made in the check for a device being mounted.  The dollar sign was causing the problem.  I've now fixed that and will be finishing some testing before I release a new version of UD.  I have a case where a remote share mount is failing for no reason.  It's not a Windows remote share, but it still needs to be fixed before release.

This release should fix all the issues you are seeing with Windows remote share mounts.

Getting an error, when trying to update the plugin.

plugin: updating: unassigned.devices.plg
plugin: downloading: "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/master/unassigned.devices-2023.08.17.tgz" ... done
plugin: bad file MD5: /boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/unassigned.devices-2023.08.17.tgz

3 minutes ago, shEiD said:

Getting an error, when trying to update the plugin.

plugin: updating: unassigned.devices.plg
plugin: downloading: "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/master/unassigned.devices-2023.08.17.tgz" ... done
plugin: bad file MD5: /boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/unassigned.devices-2023.08.17.tgz

Give it a few minutes.  I had the wrong date in the plugin file.

aQ

Hi all,

I received a notification email this morning to update unassigned.devices.plg so I went ahead and updated it to version 2023.08.17a

I am running Unraid version: 6.11.5

When the update finished, I noticed I can no longer access the two unassigned devices I have. Here's a screenshot:

ylkjp0w.png

Looking at each one (CCTV and TRANSIT), I can see  they are not clickable, and next to them there is a faded button saying "REBOOT". I thought this signified the need to reboot Unraid so that the update will take effect or something, so I did. The problem remains though, and I cannot access these two devices. Both were working fine until this last update to version 2023.08.17a was installed.

Any ideas what I did wrong?

I updated UD to 2023.08.17a, I see the same faded "Reboot" symbol even after stopping unraid & full re-boot.

My scenario is a little different as the share is still accessible via SMB.

I like the ability to move, delete, rename files in this UD share from the Unraid UI.  How do I get that feature back?

16 minutes ago, a12vman said:

I updated UD to 2023.08.17a, I see the same faded "Reboot" symbol even after stopping unraid & full re-boot.

My scenario is a little different as the share is still accessible via SMB.

I like the ability to move, delete, rename files in this UD share from the Unraid UI.  How do I get that feature back?

Post diagnostics.

5 minutes ago, a12vman said:

image.thumb.png.ae87877b750053f2e672716c2ed4ba14.png

Post the output of this command:

cat /proc/mounts

The reason you are seeing the 'Reboot' tag on the mount button is UD doesn't think the device is mounted properly.  The idea here is to detect when a disk is removed without being unmounted.  I'm not seeing anything in the logs indicating the disk was removed without being unmounted.

root@MediaTower:~# cat /proc/mounts
rootfs / rootfs rw,size=32892692k,nr_inodes=8223173,inode64 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /run tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=32768k,mode=755,inode64 0 0
/dev/sda1 /boot vfat rw,noatime,nodiratime,fmask=0177,dmask=0077,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,flush,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/loop0 /lib/firmware squashfs ro,relatime,errors=continue 0 0
overlay /lib/firmware overlay rw,relatime,lowerdir=/lib/firmware,upperdir=/var/local/overlay/lib/firmware,workdir=/var/local/overlay-work/lib/firmware 0 0
/dev/loop1 /lib/modules squashfs ro,relatime,errors=continue 0 0
overlay /lib/modules overlay rw,relatime,lowerdir=/lib/modules,upperdir=/var/local/overlay/lib/modules,workdir=/var/local/overlay-work/lib/modules 0 0
hugetlbfs /hugetlbfs hugetlbfs rw,relatime,pagesize=2M 0 0
devtmpfs /dev devtmpfs rw,relatime,size=8192k,nr_inodes=8223176,mode=755,inode64 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw,relatime,inode64 0 0
fusectl /sys/fs/fuse/connections fusectl rw,relatime 0 0
cgroup_root /sys/fs/cgroup tmpfs rw,relatime,size=8192k,mode=755,inode64 0 0
cpuset /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset cgroup rw,relatime,cpuset 0 0
cpu /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
cpuacct /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuacct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
blkio /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio cgroup rw,relatime,blkio 0 0
memory /sys/fs/cgroup/memory cgroup rw,relatime,memory 0 0
devices /sys/fs/cgroup/devices cgroup rw,relatime,devices 0 0
freezer /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer cgroup rw,relatime,freezer 0 0
net_cls /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls cgroup rw,relatime,net_cls 0 0
perf_event /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event cgroup rw,relatime,perf_event 0 0
net_prio /sys/fs/cgroup/net_prio cgroup rw,relatime,net_prio 0 0
hugetlb /sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb cgroup rw,relatime,hugetlb 0 0
pids /sys/fs/cgroup/pids cgroup rw,relatime,pids 0 0
tmpfs /var/log tmpfs rw,relatime,size=131072k,mode=755,inode64 0 0
cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/elogind cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/lib64/elogind/elogind-cgroups-agent,name=elogind 0 0
rootfs /mnt rootfs rw,size=32892692k,nr_inodes=8223173,inode64 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/disks tmpfs rw,relatime,size=1024k,inode64 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/remotes tmpfs rw,relatime,size=1024k,inode64 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/addons tmpfs rw,relatime,size=1024k,inode64 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/rootshare tmpfs rw,relatime,size=1024k,inode64 0 0
/dev/md1 /mnt/disk1 xfs rw,noatime,nouuid,attr2,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=32k,noquota 0 0
/dev/md2 /mnt/disk2 xfs rw,noatime,nouuid,attr2,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=32k,noquota 0 0
/dev/md3 /mnt/disk3 xfs rw,noatime,nouuid,attr2,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=32k,noquota 0 0
/dev/md4 /mnt/disk4 xfs rw,noatime,nouuid,attr2,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=32k,noquota 0 0
/dev/nvme0n1p1 /mnt/cache_nvme btrfs rw,noatime,ssd,space_cache=v2,subvolid=5,subvol=/ 0 0
/dev/sdh1 /mnt/cache_ssd btrfs rw,noatime,ssd,space_cache=v2,subvolid=5,subvol=/ 0 0
shfs /mnt/user0 fuse.shfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
shfs /mnt/user fuse.shfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/loop2 /var/lib/docker btrfs rw,noatime,ssd,space_cache=v2,subvolid=5,subvol=/ 0 0
/dev/loop2 /var/lib/docker/btrfs btrfs rw,noatime,ssd,space_cache=v2,subvolid=5,subvol=/ 0 0
/dev/loop3 /etc/libvirt btrfs rw,noatime,ssd,space_cache=v2,subvolid=5,subvol=/ 0 0
nsfs /run/docker/netns/default nsfs rw 0 0
//BACKUPBOB/Backup /mnt/remotes/BACKUPBOB_Backup cifs rw,relatime,vers=2.0,cache=strict,username=admin,uid=99,noforceuid,gid=100,noforcegid,addr=192.168.1.175,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,iocharset=utf8,soft,nounix,mapposix,rsize=65536,wsize=65536,bsize=1048576,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1 0 0
//BACKUPBOB/Backup2 /mnt/remotes/BACKUPBOB_Backup2 cifs rw,relatime,vers=2.0,cache=strict,username=admin,uid=99,noforceuid,gid=100,noforcegid,addr=192.168.1.175,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,iocharset=utf8,soft,nounix,mapposix,rsize=65536,wsize=65536,bsize=1048576,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1 0 0
/dev/sdg1 /mnt/disks/Download xfs rw,noatime,nodiratime,attr2,discard,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=32k,noquota 0 0
nsfs /run/docker/netns/ac6da8cf6195 nsfs rw 0 0
nsfs /run/docker/netns/df5c982cb68a nsfs rw 0 0
nsfs /run/docker/netns/336ac711bd2c nsfs rw 0 0
nsfs /run/docker/netns/e9fd8399113c nsfs rw 0 0
nsfs /run/docker/netns/b5bbea8aac8c nsfs rw 0 0
nsfs /run/docker/netns/2ac487c7cb94 nsfs rw 0 0
nsfs /run/docker/netns/7b212e614d43 nsfs rw 0 0
nsfs /run/docker/netns/3f3fbcc97452 nsfs rw 0 0
nsfs /run/docker/netns/9ec74d042238 nsfs rw 0 0
nsfs /run/docker/netns/263f36e72df0 nsfs rw 0 0
nsfs /run/docker/netns/6d8c0e2fb8c1 nsfs rw 0 0
nsfs /run/docker/netns/f8d0a384f778 nsfs rw 0 0
nsfs /run/docker/netns/c4ff2e1eabd8 nsfs rw 0 0
nsfs /run/docker/netns/e8e81a7281b3 nsfs rw 0 0

16 hours ago, dlandon said:

The issue right now with the remote Windows mounts actually getting mounted but UD not knowing they are mounted is caused by a change I made in the check for a device being mounted.  The dollar sign was causing the problem.  I've now fixed that and will be finishing some testing before I release a new version of UD.  I have a case where a remote share mount is failing for no reason.  It's not a Windows remote share, but it still needs to be fixed before release.

This release should fix all the issues you are seeing with Windows remote share mounts.

All fixed!

Thanks so much!