[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...


Recommended Posts

On 6/30/2022 at 6:54 AM, ich777 said:

So everything is now working for you?

Hi, yep I've got it working now.

 

Had to use PHY_TYPE_P1/P2 to set the physical type first, then reboot and you can then set the link type via LINK_TYPE_P1/P2 and reboot again. If anyone comes across this, setting the PHY_TYPE_P1/P2 to SGMII(3) seems to result in best performance, though I still have some testing and tuning to do. You can use mstconfig -d 04:00.0 query to show the current settings and options as below. You may need to change "04:00.0" depending on what your Mellanox card reports via lspci.

 

image.png.75bf06b0151d3f249b79541af210f74b.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. I have Qnap TS-253be with installed Unraid 6.10.3 and with plugins: Nerd Pack, QNAP-EC, Dynamix system temp and autofan. When I try to detect a fan in Dynamix system fan, I get the message like this:

 

<br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(/sys/devices/platform/qnap-ec/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1_enable): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/qnap-ec/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>42</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/qnap-ec/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>50</b><br />/sys/devices/platform/qnap-ec/hwmon/hwmon2/fan1_input

 

If I change the parameters in autofan, the fan starts to work at full speed and don't change it. Please help me, how can I adjust the fan speed? Thanks.

Edited by Spring
Link to comment

 

16 minutes ago, Spring said:

If I change the parameters in autofan, the fan starts to work at full speed and don't change it. Please help me, how can I adjust the fan speed? Thanks.

@Trunkton can you help here a bit?

 

@Spring I think you have to do something like this:

echo 0 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1
echo 120 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1
echo 255 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1

 

If you issue one from the 3 commands from a terminal the fans should change speeds (0 is the lowest speed and 255 is max speed).

Of course you can vary the values to your likings and from what I know Autofan doesn‘t support the QNAP fans.

 

Don‘t know exactly if the device paths like specified above match yours.

Link to comment
19 hours ago, ich777 said:

 

@Trunkton can you help here a bit?

 

@Spring I think you have to do something like this:

echo 0 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1
echo 120 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1
echo 255 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1

 

If you issue one from the 3 commands from a terminal the fans should change speeds (0 is the lowest speed and 255 is max speed).

Of course you can vary the values to your likings and from what I know Autofan doesn‘t support the QNAP fans.

 

Don‘t know exactly if the device paths like specified above match yours.

Thanks. I changed the settings as in the screenshot and it seems to have helped. Now when the temperature changes, the fan speed changes. I want to test it yet.

Screenshot_20220715_110612.png

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, drsparks68 said:

Is the check-mk agent plugin no longer available?

No, I deprecated everything related to check-mk because I won‘t support it anymore because of this post:

 

If you really want to you can install it manually with that link:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/unraid-check-mk-agent/master/check_mk_agent.plg

 

Link to comment

I have passthrough working with the Intel GPU TOP plugin and video up to 1080p transcodes fine with my i7-9700K. However, when I try to transcode 4K that reverts to using the CPU, which of course I'd like to avoid. Any idea how to get Quicksync working properly for 4K? I'm using Emby as my media server. Thanks.

Link to comment
32 minutes ago, thunderclap said:

Any idea how to get Quicksync working properly for 4K? I'm using Emby as my media server. Thanks.

That is more of an issue with the Emby container and nothing else.

What container are you using? I‘m using the official one and hove no issues whatsoever.

 

It would be also helpful to know what exact codec is used in the source…

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

That is more of an issue with the Emby container and nothing else.

What container are you using? I‘m using the official one and hove no issues whatsoever.

 

It would be also helpful to know what exact codec is used in the source…

I'm using the container provided by Linuxserver. Everything under the transcode settings in Emby is set to have Quicksync be the primary, which is why I thought it weird it reverts to CPU for 4k.

Link to comment
48 minutes ago, thunderclap said:

I'm using the container provided by Linuxserver.

I can only tell you that on my i5-10600 evertyhing is transcoding just fine with HW acceleration in the official container.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, ich777 said:

I can only tell you that on my i5-10600 evertyhing is transcoding just fine with HW acceleration in the official container.

I posted a message in the Linuxserver thread to see if they have any ideas. If not, I'll give the official Emby container a try. Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, thunderclap said:

I installed the official Emby one

I stick in the most cases to the official containers where it's possible since if you got an issue you can go directly to their GitHub or forums and create an issue/post there and even better often times you are not the only one who is affected by such an issue and is fixed quite quick most of the times. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I suggest that developers can add Mac OS virtual machine support to the unread virtual machine, Instead of using the docker container "macinabox" "Although this method is effective, there are many problems. For example, after direct display, you need to remove the virtual machine and recreate the virtual machine every time you change the configuration. Although you do not need to reinstall MacOS, it is also cumbersome. The installation of the latest version of MacOS 13.0 reports an error. I hope the official can directly add the virtual machine module of MacOS. I believe that the ICH 777 can achieve this function. Most of the problems are solved by your plug-in. Thank you very much

Link to comment
2 hours ago, song said:

I hope the official can directly add the virtual machine module of MacOS. I believe that the ICH 777 can achieve this function.

I don‘t think that a template for OSX will be added to Unraid itself becaus it is basically prohibited by Apples EULA to Virtualize OSX on non Apple hardware.

 

2 hours ago, song said:

Most of the problems are solved by your plug-in.

Which one?

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don‘t think that a template for OSX will be added to Unraid itself becaus it is basically prohibited by Apples EULA to Virtualize OSX on non Apple hardware.

 

Which one?

However, the author of "macinabox" has realized this function. I hope that the official can optimize the performance of MacOS virtual machine based on this, embed it into the unread virtual machine module, and optimize these known problems. In addition, after MacOS adds the core display, the container emby under docker cannot be opened After I use "Intel gvt-g" to allocate the core display to MacOS, the Mac will report an error in five languages when booting up. Because the PCI bus location is different, the PCI bus of the core display allocated by Intel gvt-g cannot be modified. If the MAC uses the core display, emby will not be able to use it and can only choose one of two

Link to comment
17 hours ago, song said:

However, the author of "macinabox" has realized this function.

The author is NOT affiliated with Unraid. Any improvements will need to come from third party solutions, MacOS as a VM on non apple hardware is NOT supported by Unraid, and will not be unless apple changes their license agreement to allow it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

QQ20220815-200146@2x.thumb.png.5f1266ca26d5fad5c0f8aa0d3f90be06.png

16 hours ago, JonathanM said:

The author is NOT affiliated with Unraid. Any improvements will need to come from third party solutions, MacOS as a VM on non apple hardware is NOT supported by Unraid, and will not be unless apple changes their license agreement to allow it.

But does "esxi" support MacOS? Their virtual machine module has the apple system. I think "unraid" can also do it. It does not rely on docker to install MacOS anymore!

Edited by song
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, song said:

But does "esxi" support MacOS? Their virtual machine module has the apple system. I think that unread can also do it. It does not rely on docker to install MacOS anymore!

For Unraid It's not a technical issue, it's a legal issue. Until apple says they allow it, it won't happen.

 

It appears esxi is the same way. Please read this webpage, and then tell me esxi supports macos.

https://tcude.net/creating-a-macos-vm-in-esxi/

Quote

As you may or may not know, by default, ESXi will not let you run macOS virtual machines. This has to do with Apple's TOS requiring that macOS VMs only be run on Mac hardware. Fortunately, some very talented people over at InsanelyMac have created an "unlocker" to allow you to run macOS VMs on your ESXi host, regardless of whether it's Apple hardware or not.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, song said:

But does "esxi" support MacOS? Their virtual machine module has the apple system.

You are running ESXi on Mac hardware or am I wrong?

 

If you run ESXi on Mac hardware you can deploy VMs because the Apple EULA only says that you are not allowed  to run OSX on non Apple hardware but if you run ESXi on non Apple hardware you can‘t run OSX and they also don‘t give you the option to do so from what I know.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.