[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

After updating unraid from 6.12.6 to 6.12.8, I restarted the system and found that the plug-in was automatically uninstalled. I saw that the update log wrote about expired plug-in issues. The reinstalled plug-in was displayed on the Plugin File Install Errors tab. Is this a problem with the new system?

1 hour ago, seedless said:

After updating unraid from 6.12.6 to 6.12.8, I restarted the system and found that the plug-in was automatically uninstalled.

You probably overlooked the message to wait until you’ll be notified  when the download from third party plugin packages is finished and you did straight reboot your system, correct?

Is this a problem with the new system?

No.

The reinstalled plug-in was displayed on the Plugin File Install Errors tab.

Not quiet, the plugin is in that error state when you reboot and the third party plugins download was not complete.

Do the following:

1. Go to the plugins error tab
  2. Remove the plugin with the remove button
  3. Reboot your server
  4. Reinstall the driver from the CA App (and wait until the Done button is displayed)
  5. Reboot your server again
2 hours ago, groetg said:

I got an error updating Unraid 6.12.6 to 6.12.8 with my Nvidia K2200 card

Schermafbeelding 2024-02-24 212240.png

Schermafbeelding 2024-02-24 212200.png

Please reboot and see if it works after a reboot, it should pull the driver on a reboot but keep in mind that the reboot maybe takes a bit longer because it downloads the driver.

I’ve been attempting to set up hardware transcoding with Plex on my Unraid server, but I’m facing some issues. Despite ensuring that all drivers are installed correctly and verifying that the settings are configured as recommended, hardware transcoding refuses to activate. I’ve even tried running Plex through a different Docker container script, hoping it might resolve the issue, but unfortunately, I’m still stuck with software transcoding.

To provide a bit more context, this is the first time I’m attempting to use hardware transcoding on my setup, and despite following various guides and ensuring my hardware should support it, I’ve not been successful in getting any program to utilize hardware acceleration. It feels like I’m missing a crucial step or setting, but I can’t pinpoint what it might be.

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 15.20.01.png

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 15.23.05.png

Edited by joeblack2k
42 minutes ago, joeblack2k said:

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 15.31.13.png

Please read the second post in this thread, there is a tutorial on how to set it up.

You don't have to pass through any host paths for the device (BTW, this is wrong too since you have to pass thorugh a device not a path, for Docker these are two different things <- but as said you don't have to pass through anything for Nvidia).

From what I can see the driver is set up properly but the template is not set up correctly.

BTW may I ask why you've enabled Privileged mode? You know that this is a huge security risk and is not recommended at all? The container has basically full control over the host when Privileged mode is enabled.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please reboot and see if it works after a reboot, it should pull the driver on a reboot but keep in mind that the reboot maybe takes a bit longer because it downloads the driver.

It pulled the new driver indeed. Reboot solved it. Thnx

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please read the second post in this thread, there is a tutorial on how to set it up.

You don't have to pass through any host paths for the device (BTW, this is wrong too since you have to pass thorugh a device not a path, for Docker these are two different things <- but as said you don't have to pass through anything for Nvidia).

From what I can see the driver is set up properly but the template is not set up correctly.

BTW may I ask why you've enabled Privileged mode? You know that this is a huge security risk and is not recommended at all? The container has basically full control over the host when Privileged mode is enabled.

I knew you where going to say that lol..

I started with the guide on page to that didn’t work and spend the whole day troubleshooting it myself (and added the other paths to forward the Nvidia device manually) the privilege mode was also a try I thought it might need root to access /dev/ but I will restore to the original template and report back (but 99,9% same result)

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

Still nothing.. now the card doesnt even show up only "Auto" 

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 21.27.09.png

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 21.28.43.png

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 21.28.29.png

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 21.25.52.png

13 minutes ago, joeblack2k said:

Still nothing.. now the card doesnt even show up only "Auto" 

Are you really sure that you‘ve added --runtime=nvidia

I can‘t see it in your screenshot.

Btw are you also sure to force a transcode? If the media doesn‘t need transcoding it wont utilize the card.

Just now, joeblack2k said:

Yes and Yes also made sure it isnt HDR but just 1080 for test.

What container are you using? Do you use the official one?

Do you just got a black screen or what is happening exactly?

Do younuse the web app and try to force a transcode?

16 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What container are you using? Do you use the official one?

Yes, i saw you say that a few times in this thread so yes i made sure i used that. (with the OFFICAL banner in the corner) i also have plexpass 

16 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do you just got a black screen or what is happening exactly?

Do younuse the web app and try to force a transcode?

Transcode happens.. but on cpu tried mobile phone with app and web based player forcing transcoding to 720p 

1080P H264 stream smi-nvidia never shows anything happening.

35 minutes ago, joeblack2k said:

Transcode happens.. but on cpu tried mobile phone with app and web based player forcing transcoding to 720p 

How much CPU is the transcoding using?

35 minutes ago, joeblack2k said:

1080P H264 stream smi-nvidia never shows anything happening.

Please post your Diagnostics, something must be wrong since I just tried it and it works fine over here with the official container.

Do you have Plex Pass?  Hardware transcoding only works for paid subscriptions.  Also, do you have it configured in the Plex apps settings to use hardware transcoding?

(Also works fine in the Linuxserver container.)

image.thumb.png.3c485dcaef57f59e1260445fa53e19ce.png

Edited by ConnerVT
On 2/20/2024 at 5:52 AM, AgentXXL said:

You're not using the correct driver for the T1000. If you go to the Nvidia site and do a search for the latest driver for Linux x64, you'll find that you need to use the 535.154.05 version.

QuadroT1000Driver.jpg

QuadroT1000Driver1.jpg

When I check the website for the same card I see this driver version:

image.png.e104146a5cd5c0d48f0b4f5fe72ac38f.png

After installing 550.54.14 on unraid 6.12.8 transcoding with emby is not working anymore.

switching back to 535.154.05 is solving the problem but why?

Andy

9 hours ago, gekoch said:

I've now removed this driver version, please try to install driver version 550.40.07 it is working flawlessly with Plex and Jellyfin on my server.

I will investigate what is causing that and re-upload the driver when I found the cause of the issue.

9 hours ago, joeblack2k said:

Hmm is there a way to downgrade driver version? 

Yes, on the plugin page, maybe the new driver is the cause of the issue as another user pointed out already, please downgrade to driver version 550.40.07.

Plex doesn't report it like Jellyfin does.

grafik.thumb.png.4e6ebe58c9dd440df5f6b8f4c0873549.png

18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I've now removed this driver version, please try to install driver version 550.40.07 it is working flawlessly with Plex and Jellyfin on my server.

I will investigate what is causing that and re-upload the driver when I found the cause of the issue.

Great, thx 550.40.07 is working well

Andy

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Ahh, is that why I got a notification this morning saying an updated driver was available (and then when I checked, there wasn't)?  Currently on 550.54.14.  Hadn't noticed any issues, but rolling back to 550.40.07 for now.

1 minute ago, Cessquill said:

Ahh, is that why I got a notification this morning saying an updated driver was available (and then when I checked, there wasn't)?  Currently on 550.54.14.  Hadn't noticed any issues, but rolling back to 550.40.07 for now.

I'm currently in troubleshooting mode and investigating why the new driver is not working.

Please hold off of driver version 550.54.14 for now.

• Like 2

Tried to downgrade the driver -> reboot -> doesnt work

installed Jellyfin to make sure its not Plex itself but Jelly spits out this error:

ffmpeg version 5.1.4-Jellyfin Copyright (c) 2000-2023 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 11 (Ubuntu 11.4.0-1ubuntu1~22.04)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg --target-os=linux --extra-libs=-lfftw3f --extra-version=Jellyfin --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-ptx-compression --disable-static --disable-libxcb --disable-sdl2 --disable-xlib --enable-lto --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-shared --enable-gmp --enable-gnutls --enable-chromaprint --enable-libdrm --enable-libass --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libbluray --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libdav1d --enable-libsvtav1 --enable-libwebp --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libzvbi --enable-libzimg --enable-libfdk-aac --arch=amd64 --enable-libshaderc --enable-libplacebo --enable-vulkan --enable-opencl --enable-vaapi --enable-amf --enable-libmfx --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-cuda --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-cuvid --enable-nvdec --enable-nvenc
  libavutil      57. 28.100 / 57. 28.100
  libavcodec     59. 37.100 / 59. 37.100
  libavformat    59. 27.100 / 59. 27.100
  libavdevice    59.  7.100 / 59.  7.100
  libavfilter     8. 44.100 /  8. 44.100
  libswscale      6.  7.100 /  6.  7.100
  libswresample   4.  7.100 /  4.  7.100
  libpostproc    56.  6.100 / 56.  6.100
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x565334ca3b00] Cannot load libcuda.so.1
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x565334ca3b00] Could not dynamically load CUDA
Device creation failed: -1.
Failed to set value 'cuda=cu:0' for option 'init_hw_device': Operation not permitted
Error parsing global options: Operation not permitted