[Plugin] Prometheus unRAID Plugins

26 minutes ago, spyd4r said:

is there a way to support multiple pi-hole instances?

Yes and no, if you are willing to write user scripts that run on Array startup or startup in general, look at this:

There is the command that needs to be executed to run in background.

On 7/9/2023 at 9:35 PM, HHUBS said:

Yep. I already did.

Prometheus and Grafana are in a custom docker network.

Adguard is running in br0.

Here are the docker settings currently:

docker-settings.jpg.c8f86a86d341c55f2b33a643e310bc8f.jpg

Here it is:

1912881386_adguardexporter.jpg.8802db8cf7494c377392010403f1c15c.jpg

@ich777 I solved my problem. It seems that the plugin doesn't like special characters on the password. So I change the AdGuard password to alpha numeric and it is now running. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, atu said:

Is there any chance you could add the metrics for the disks temperature please?

you rather should look forward on the prometheus github if they add this feature

afaik the metric is included when you get the program hddtemp on your mashine which doesnt come with unraid ... i only found a old hddtemp which is validated for slackware 13 while unraid runs on slack 15 ... you could give it a try.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, spyd4r said:

Is it possible to have Prometheus Node Exporter send metrics for docker information as well? what containers are running, status, etc..?

I don't think so because it is designed to deliver information form the host and it's attached devices not VMs or Docker.

However, maybe there is a Prometheus Docker Exporter out there, which should definitely be the case.

But the Node Exporter won't deliver these information.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don't think so because it is designed to deliver information form the host and it's attached devices not VMs or Docker.

However, maybe there is a Prometheus Docker Exporter out there, which should definitely be the case.

But the Node Exporter won't deliver these information.

oh a standard docker install you can just place the following in /etc/docker/daemon.json to export metrics (unfortunately this just gives you a count of containers and not container details), not sure how to accomplish this on unraid though.

{ 
	"metrics-addr" : "127.0.0.1:9323"
}

Edited by spyd4r
4 minutes ago, spyd4r said:

oh a standard docker install you can just place the following in /etc/docker/daemon.json to export metrics (unfortunately this just gives you a count of containers and not container details), not sure how to accomplish this on unraid though.

Then do exactly that, just place this in your, daemon.json

If the file doesn't exist create it and restart the Docker service, this will do the trick.

You can make this persistent if you put these lines in the go file before emhttp starts:

mkdir -p /etc/docker
echo '{
  "metrics-addr" : "127.0.0.1:9323"
}' > /etc/docker/daemon.json

(this will basically create the /etc/docker directory and then create or better speaking inject the contents that you've posted above)

By putting it before the emhttp you ensure that the file is there before the Docker service starts and therefore you don't have to restart the Docker service on a reboot.

Please keep in mind that this will cause issues when you use this with the Nvidia Driver plugin.

Hope that makes sense.

On 3/29/2023 at 11:57 PM, ich777 said:

You can also use my plugin from here, it never made it to the CA App because I couldn't fully test it (I have a lot of things to maintain nawadays).

Just go to the Plugins section, click on the Install Plugin tab, paste this URL and click Install:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/unraid-prometheus_smartctl_exporter/master/prometheus_smartctl_exporter.plg

I would not recommend the boot drive for this, not because of wear reasons, but maybe consider maybe switching over to /mnt/user/appdata/scripts and run it from there.

@ich777 Thanks a ton for that prometheus_smartctl_exporter plugin. I'm using it and really enjoying the metrics (and the simplicity compared to other setups)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, saber1 said:

Is there a way to have two instances of "Prometheus Fritzbox Exporter"-Plugin to monitor two different FritzBoxes?

yes and no ;) manually ... may take a look how the comand string looks like

unraid terminal. ps x | grep -i prometheus

then run your 2nd instance from terminal (beware to have no conflicts, listen address ...), if its all working as expected, make yourself a userscript which then starts the 2nd instance (like on array start) in background.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 11/4/2023 at 9:37 PM, LanceG0d said:

Yeah okay no problem thanks :)

It looks like the main binary is broken with newer versions from Wireguard which Unraid is using, I'll wait a bit if the maintainer responds in his GitHub repository over here, otherwise I have no other choice than deprecating the plugin or switch to another exporter.

1 minute ago, Owerrride said:

Hello, i cannot install unraid-node-exporter plugin, have this mistake. How fix it? Thank you

No issues over here:

grafik.thumb.png.eeb08d570019a950e29bed0b47c1b9dc.png

As it says, there must be some kind of network failure. Are you sure your server is able to reach GitHub since there are all of the files located.