Dynamix - Web GUI

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When the array is stopped, the automatic refresh makes it hard to select a drive in an open slot or unassign a drive because the drop-down selection box keeps closing.

Dynamix 2.0.5 on UNRAID 5.0.4

Hmm could be a regression error. Refresh should NOT be active when the array is stopped. Let me check !

I see the problem (indeed a regression error since version 2.0.3)

Cosmetic tabbing issue.

1. View UNRAID via bookmark. Ensure "Array Devices" is displayed.

2. Click on Settings, view "Network Services" tab.

3. View UNRAID via bookmark. "Boot Devices" will be displayed instead of "Array Devices"

Same thing happens if you select any non-first tab on another UNRAID section.

When the array is stopped, the automatic refresh makes it hard to select a drive in an open slot or unassign a drive because the drop-down selection box keeps closing.

Dynamix 2.0.5 on UNRAID 5.0.4

Since it is an annoying error, I corrected it (really silly regression), you may want to update ...

Cosmetic tabbing issue.

3. View UNRAID via bookmark. "Boot Devices" will be displayed instead of "Array Devices"

I see the same thing. I assume its a persistent cookie on my side. 

That said, I continue to be grateful to bonienl for Dynamix. Its wonderful.

How boneienl has time to churn out all these updates while responding to all the web forum posts is beyond my comprehension.

I remember a month ago when everyone was begging for a fixed SF, just to get some basic functionality like email notifications.

Now we're reduced to whinging about tab colors and click sequences!  ;D

Cosmetic tabbing issue.

Bookmarking won't really work. Cookies are used to remember the selected tab and these are lost as soon as the browser is closed. Or in your case they remember the wrong tab ...

How bonienl has time to churn out all these updates while responding to all these web forum posts is beyond my comprehension.

These point releases (error corrections) don't require much time and investment, I can cope with that.

Since the introduction of the plugin control, it became so much easier for everyone to get the updates in place ...

And to be honest, took some days off during Christmas and New Year, that gave me some "extra" time

I must agree with the comments on the plugin manager.  it is outstanding.  Simple, clear, concise, quick and super easy to stay current on the plugins.  I hope it's a system that can (easily?) be leveraged by other plugin designers.  Perhaps a 'boiler plate' code can be added to any/all other plugins to tie into this system?

Anyway, thank you for providing this to us!! 

*Enjoy the yacht ;)

Been playing a little more and a couple of suggestions:

Is it possible on the Disk Stats page to add the disk size next to the bars or under the disk title (Disk 1 ) or on the far right hand side of the bar, an option to turn this on and off could be added if not needed/wanted?

On the Disk Heath page would it be possible to add a highlight to the important info, ie Reallocated Sector Ct and Current Pending Sector lines so that it can be seen at a glance if there are any problems or maybe a new page with all disks listed with at a glance info, bit like how mymain does it?

Just a few ideas, the disk sizes on the stats page would be of help to me as I balance my drives manually though :) use unmenu Array Disk Status to at a glance to see size and what's left.

Been playing a little more and a couple of suggestions:

Is it possible on the Disk Stats page to add the disk size next to the bars or under the disk title (Disk 1 ) or on the far right hand side of the bar, an option to turn this on and off could be added if not needed/wanted?

On the Disk Heath page would it be possible to add a highlight to the important info, ie Reallocated Sector Ct and Current Pending Sector lines so that it can be seen at a glance if there are any problems or maybe a new page with all disks listed with at a glance info.

Just a few ideas, the disk sizes on the stats page would be of help to me as I balance my drives manually though :) use unmenu Array Disk Status to at a glance to see size and what's left.

Disk Stats - I put this under  'consideration' for a future release.

Disk Health - There is already a color coding present for warning and critical parameter values.

Thanks bonienl! Dynamix is a great addition to unRAID and, IMO, the best GUI for it yet. The plugin manager with integrated updating & changelogs is fantastic. I was also pleasantly surprised to see preclear status displayed on the preclear already running via screen.

dynamix-preclear_status.png.84dabde9ffb3ed57af549517f7b122fb.png

Thanks bonienl! Dynamix is a great addition to unRAID and, IMO, the best GUI for it yet. The plugin manager with integrated updating & changelogs is fantastic. I was also pleasantly surprised to see preclear status displayed on the preclear already running via screen.

It simply checks the presence of the progress file created by preclear in /tmp and displays its content.

It simply checks the presence of the progress file created by preclear in /tmp and displays its content.

Ahhh good idea. Took a look in /tmp and see a bunch of other available info. Would be cool if you could pull some more of it in, like the SMART status after each phase.

On stats CPU use there is a small bug when combined with S3 plugin.

When server wake up after a sleep hour graph link last % CPU before sleep and first % CPU after sleep.

Not a major issue  :)

You think there should not be any CPU load (third party program 'sysstat' is used to run every minute in the background and collect all the information) ?

crontab -l

# System data collection - poll every minute

*/1 * * * * /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 & 1>/dev/null 2>&1

On stats CPU use there is a small bug when combined with S3 plugin.

When server wake up after a sleep hour graph link last % CPU before sleep and first % CPU after sleep.

Not a major issue  :)

You think there should not be any CPU load (third party program 'sysstat' is used to run every minute in the background and collect all the information) ?

crontab -l

# System data collection - poll every minute

*/1 * * * * /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 & 1>/dev/null 2>&1

the server was on S3 state, its impossible. BTW, you notice its a decreasing 100% flat line for 14 hours? No up or downs, only continuous decreasing. That its because stat use only two point as spoke before. There is no extra info in the middle because server was off.

I notice this from first time I used S3 plugin, its not a problem, only cosmetic.

the server was on S3 state, its impossible. BTW, you notice its a decreasing 100% flat line for 14 hours? No up or downs, only continuous decreasing. That its because stat use only two point as spoke before. There is no extra info in the middle because server was off.

I notice this from first time I used S3 plugin, its not a problem, only cosmetic.

Aah, I see what you mean. This is highcharts (used to generate the graphs) filling in "empty" samples.

On the Disk Health page it tells me that my Disk 4 has an available firmware update.  How the heck does it know this?

The program itself doesn't know anything, the information is coming from the SMART report it retrieves from your disk.

You might want to check the update though ...

It appears that my motherboard (MSI Z87-G43) supports more advanced temperature monitoring.  Unfortunately, following the instructions on the WIKI, I learned that my unraid install (v5.0.4) doesn't include the required module.  This is the result I see when following the WIKI instructions:

Driver `nct6775':
  * ISA bus, address 0xa00
    Chip `Nuvoton NCT5532D/NCT6779D Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Warning: the required module nct6775 is not currently installed
on your system. If it is built into the kernel then it's OK.
Otherwise, check http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices for
driver availability.

Is there a way I can resolve this, or does this module need to be added by Tom?

I'm assuming that this module is not built into the kernel because when I run the sensors command no temps from this device are shown.  On my system, the only device showing temperatures is 'coretemp-isa-0000'.

I'm assuming that this module is not built into the kernel because when I run the sensors command no temps from this device are shown.  On my system, the only device showing temperatures is 'coretemp-isa-0000'.

That's right, the specifics for your hardware are not built-in. It would become an endless list of modules to add to the kernel.

The perl script which is available from lm-sensors allows probing of your hardware and do a selective module selection and installation.

Some people have the installation of their specific module(s) done in the go file, I guess this is the most practical approach for now.

It appears that my motherboard (MSI Z87-G43) supports more advanced temperature monitoring.  Unfortunately, following the instructions on the WIKI, I learned that my unraid install (v5.0.4) doesn't include the required module.  This is the result I see when following the WIKI instructions:

Driver `nct6775':
  * ISA bus, address 0xa00
    Chip `Nuvoton NCT5532D/NCT6779D Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Warning: the required module nct6775 is not currently installed
on your system. If it is built into the kernel then it's OK.
Otherwise, check http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices for
driver availability.

Is there a way I can resolve this, or does this module need to be added by Tom?

I think you need to load this module

modprobe w83627ehf

//Peter

• Squid locked this topic