Dockerization of some popular applications.

OK next one....

When I setup my Xen/Ubuntu VM I had it configured so nzbdrone on TowerB could drop the completed downloads on my production server (Tower).  That was a while ago and I don't remember what I did.  How do I access my other server?

OK well i thought the fix for this was putting entries in the fstab file for my other server.  However after editing /etc/fstab and rebooting I can no longer ssh to towerb or get the webGUI to come up for UNRAID.  The server is up though and shares are available.

What did I do?

Doug

OK next one....

When I setup my Xen/Ubuntu VM I had it configured so nzbdrone on TowerB could drop the completed downloads on my production server (Tower).  That was a while ago and I don't remember what I did.  How do I access my other server?

OK well i thought the fix for this was putting entries in the fstab file for my other server.  However after editing /etc/fstab and rebooting I can no longer ssh to towerb or get the webGUI to come up for UNRAID.  The server is up though and shares are available.

What did I do?

Doug

I have no idea what was going on there, but it's working normally now.  However editing /etc/fstab seems useless since every time I reboot my changes are gone and it's back to what must be the default UNRAID file.

So how are you guys accessing shares on another server?

Doug

@needo: what do you have in your nzbget.conf for WebDir?

in your default config file, the entry is empty, which disables the web-interface...

Ugh. I am sorry. This is the default one from the .deb package and I did not check. I will get this fixed.

I just updated to the latest nzbget docker, but now I'm getting this in my logs:

/downloads/dst/nzbget.log: No such file or directory
nzbget.conf(49): Invalid value for option "InterDir" (/downloads/inter/): could not create directory /downloads/inter:
nzbget.conf(70): Invalid value for option "TempDir" (/downloads/tmp/): could not create directory /downloads/tmp:
nzbget.conf(67): Invalid value for option "QueueDir" (/downloads/queue/): could not create directory /downloads/queue:
nzbget.conf(61): Invalid value for option "NzbDir" (/downloads/nzb/): could not create directory /downloads/nzb:

There is a downloads directory in my /mnt/cache/appdata  path.

Here is the docker command I used:

docker run -d --name="nzbget" -h towerb -v /mnt/cache/appdata/nzbget:/config -v /mnt/user/:/mnt/user -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 6789:6789 needo/nzbget

Finally got nzbget up and running under needo/nzget docker files.  This program is new to me, i was a sabnzbd until i heard about this little program.

I have it up and running but I am having a hard time with setting it up properly.

I want to know do i require ppscripts to unpack or unrar items downloaded or does this program do it automatically. 

hard to find setup or a tutorial for this program.

I just updated to the latest nzbget docker, but now I'm getting this in my logs:

nzbget.conf(49): Invalid value for option "InterDir" (/downloads/inter/): could not create directory /downloads/inter:
nzbget.conf(70): Invalid value for option "TempDir" (/downloads/tmp/): could not create directory /downloads/tmp:
nzbget.conf(67): Invalid value for option "QueueDir" (/downloads/queue/): could not create directory /downloads/queue:
nzbget.conf(61): Invalid value for option "NzbDir" (/downloads/nzb/): could not create directory /downloads/nzb:

docker run -d --name="nzbget" -h towerb -v /mnt/cache/appdata/nzbget:/config -v /mnt/user/:/mnt/user -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 6789:6789 needo/nzbget

Nevermind, I got it working.  I just needed to delete the folders in my appdata path for nzbget.  Then the new package worked just fine.

Thanks!

Nevermind, I got it working.  I just needed to delete the folders in my appdata path for nzbget.  Then the new package worked just fine.

Thanks!

It's been a while since I set mine up, but I believe it does all that automatically.  Hopefully I can confirm in a few minutes.  ;D

Well it looks like this is a no go.  I got nzbget running, however it looks like the /downloads folder is inside the container.  I'm not sure how I would configure Nzbdrone to look inside the nzbget container to process my downloaded files.  So I don't think this is going to work.  Unless I'm missing something?

Having spent all weekend trying to get these dockered applications to work I think I may try out KVM....  At least until this Docker stuff matures a little more.

Well it looks like this is a no go.  I got nzbget running, however it looks like the /downloads folder is inside the container.  I'm not sure how I would configure Nzbdrone to look inside the nzbget container to process my downloaded files.  So I don't think this is going to work.  Unless I'm missing something?

Having spent all weekend trying to get these dockered applications to work I think I may try out KVM....  At least until this Docker stuff matures a little more.

You're doing it wrong. Map /mnt/user to /downloads.

DOH!  I think I must have edited one of my other docker commands and missed that one.  I'll give that a try!  Thanks for pointing it out.

Doug

DOH!  I think I must have edited one of my other docker commands and missed that one.  I'll give that a try!  Thanks for pointing it out.

Doug

Yup works like a charm now.  Thanks again!

On Nzbdrone I'm getting this over and over in the logs.  It seems to be working okay though.

/var/run/sshd must be owned by root and not group or world-writable.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Here is the docker command that was used:

docker run -d --name="nzbdrone" -v /mnt/cache/appdata/nzbdrone:/config -v /mnt/user/downloads:/downloads -v /mnt/user/Media:/tv -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 8989:8989 needo/nzbdrone

On Nzbdrone I'm getting this over and over in the logs.  It seems to be working okay though.

I am unable to duplicate this error.

Could it be a permissions issue on my side somewhere?

Possibly. None of my docks touch SSH at all.

My docker folder permissions were set to 777 and owned by nobody:users.  I changed it to 755 and root:root and the error went away.

Is that correct permissions for the docker folder?

hey needo, ive been playing with docker a fair bit myself, just thought i would drop this in the thread in the off chance your not using it, if you are just ignore me!.  its basically a completely self contained os (tiny core linux base os) specifically designed to boot in seconds and give you a dev enviroment in which to create dockers, very handy when you dont want to dirty your own unraid test/production system, you can of course run this using kvm or xen :-):-

https://github.com/boot2docker/boot2docker

needo - in case you miss it. I've just submitted a pull request to your nzbget branch.

I've made a couple of modifications to allow installing other versions (most specifically the latest 13.0 testing release) when the container starts.

It also includes a build of the latest test (including a patch for a bug that I found).

needo - in case you miss it. I've just submitted a pull request to your nzbget branch.

I've made a couple of modifications to allow installing other versions (most specifically the latest 13.0 testing release) when the container starts.

It also includes a build of the latest test (including a patch for a bug that I found).

I will check it out. Thank you.