Dynamix - V6 Plugins

• 2 weeks later...

Why do the system stats (Temps and fan speed) only appear on the footer of the Settings and Docker  tabs, and not on any other?

Edit: Okay, I've seen them appear on some other tabs now, but not yet on the Main tab.  I'm not sure whether this is a new phenomenon - I'm sure that they used to be reliably present on all tabs.

I have noticed something odd with the TRIM Plugin. Recently I have noticed that the output of the Plugin is showing:

Mar  3 00:10:01 main logger: /mnt/cache: 0 bytes were trimmed

My understanding of the way fstrim works with BTRFS is that this should never be the case that it shows 0 bytes. There is nothing in the syslog but this.

It was working a only a matter of days ago:

Feb 25 00:10:01 main logger: /mnt/cache: 1946124288 bytes were trimmed

As you can see I have it set to run every night at 12:10.

Not sure how to debug this, can anyone help?

I have noticed something odd with the TRIM Plugin. Recently I have noticed that the output of the Plugin is showing:

My understanding of the way fstrim works with BTRFS is that this should never be the case that it shows 0 bytes. There is nothing in the syslog but this.

OK - I don't know what went down with the Cache Pool BUT I do know I have fixed it.

I remembered that at the weekend I "tried" to install an ATI Video Card to the Server to demonstrate something to a "Friend" BUT it wouldn't fit with my configuration. I jacked a few of the data cables out of the board to see if it would fit AND I made a mental note that I had not put them into the exact same ports. I decided it didn't matter as I remembered that unRAID didn't care about this like it did in previous versions.

So in essence I HAD this:

Cache Disk 1 was sdb

Cache Disk 2 was sac

Now I have:

Cache Disk 1 is sdc

Cache Disk 2 is sdd

Like I mention I didn't feel it was an issue. Clearly I was wrong AS unfortunately this issue coincides (as I keep daily logs) with me making these changes. There is no other Catalyst. I don't know what the connection is here - maybe something to do with the way BTRFS creates the RAID-1 array and keeps track of it. Who knows.

Anyway, to fix it, I stopped all applications that would write to the Array. Moved ALL data from the Cache device using the mover. Stopped the Array. Removed both Cache Disks from the Array Cache Slots. Mounted them via Unassigned Devices and removed their partitions. Unmounted them. Added them back into the Array Cache Slots. Started The Array. When Prompted to Format to BTRFS, I did. The RAID-1 Array was successful set up again.

Label: none  uuid: e699fcb6-1360-4fb9-9ec9-7768cce05986
Total devices 2 FS bytes used 640.00KiB
devid    1 size 232.89GiB used 3.03GiB path /dev/sdc1
devid    2 size 232.89GiB used 3.03GiB path /dev/sdd1

btrfs-progs v4.1.2
btrfs filesystem df:
Data, RAID1: total=1.00GiB, used=512.00KiB
System, RAID1: total=32.00MiB, used=16.00KiB
Metadata, RAID1: total=2.00GiB, used=112.00KiB
GlobalReserve, single: total=16.00MiB, used=0.00B

Then when I ran fstrim from the command line:

root@main:~# /sbin/fstrim -v /mnt/cache                
/mnt/cache: 2233237504 bytes were trimmed

All seems to be working again. Weird, but resolved.

OK - I don't know what went down with the Cache Pool BUT I do know I have fixed it.

I remembered that at the weekend I "tried" to install an ATI Video Card to the Server to demonstrate something to a "Friend" BUT it wouldn't fit with my configuration. I jacked a few of the data cables out of the board to see if it would fit AND I made a mental note that I had not put them into the exact same ports. I decided it didn't matter as I remembered that unRAID didn't care about this like it did in previous versions.

So in essence I HAD this:

Cache Disk 1 was sdb

Cache Disk 2 was sac

Now I have:

Cache Disk 1 is sdc

Cache Disk 2 is sdd

Like I mention I didn't feel it was an issue. Clearly I was wrong AS unfortunately this issue coincides (as I keep daily logs) with me making these changes. There is no other Catalyst. I don't know what the connection is here - maybe something to do with the way BTRFS creates the RAID-1 array and keeps track of it. Who knows.

Anyway, to fix it, I stopped all applications that would write to the Array. Moved ALL data from the Cache device using the mover. Stopped the Array. Removed both Cache Disks from the Array Cache Slots. Mounted them via Unassigned Devices and removed their partitions. Unmounted them. Added them back into the Array Cache Slots. Started The Array. When Prompted to Format to BTRFS, I did. The RAID-1 Array was successful set up again.

Label: none  uuid: e699fcb6-1360-4fb9-9ec9-7768cce05986
Total devices 2 FS bytes used 640.00KiB
devid    1 size 232.89GiB used 3.03GiB path /dev/sdc1
devid    2 size 232.89GiB used 3.03GiB path /dev/sdd1

btrfs-progs v4.1.2
btrfs filesystem df:
Data, RAID1: total=1.00GiB, used=512.00KiB
System, RAID1: total=32.00MiB, used=16.00KiB
Metadata, RAID1: total=2.00GiB, used=112.00KiB
GlobalReserve, single: total=16.00MiB, used=0.00B

Then when I ran fstrim from the command line:

root@main:~# /sbin/fstrim -v /mnt/cache                
/mnt/cache: 2233237504 bytes were trimmed

All seems to be working again. Weird, but resolved.

since you mentioned it, I looked at my log and did not see any recent  Trims :(. Went to scheduler and it was not there at all. Uninstall & reinstall and I am back set for weekly Trim. Oddness.

since you mentioned it, I looked at my log and did not see any recent  Trims :(. Went to scheduler and it was not there at all. Uninstall & reinstall and I am back set for weekly Trim. Oddness.

None at all or just reporting that no bytes trimmed?

Showed in Plugins as installed, but missing from Scheduler (no tab) and no mention of Trim operations in log. There were log entries saying it was being installed on boot but something was amiss.

None at all or just reporting that no bytes trimmed?

Showed in Plugins as installed, but missing from Scheduler (no tab) and no mention of Trim operations in log. There were log entries saying it was being installed on boot but something was amiss.

Same here. Installed on boot but no trim entries in syslog and no tab in Scheduler. Last reboot was following the 6.1.9 update.

Edit: Uninstall and re-install of the plugin fixed this issue but not the master browser issue.

Since the update to unRAID 6.1.9 and the separate Dynamix update (2016.03.05) all my servers think they are the local master browser and they are all displaying the Yoda head icon.

Can you re-apply the settings under Settings -> SMB -> Workgroup Settings and make Monitor local master election is enabled on all of your servers.

Is it possible, in the S3 Sleep plugin, to have a before sleep command that would abort the sleep process?

You can execute commands before "sleep" is initiated, but once all conditions are met, you can not abort the sleep execution. If you don't want sleep to occur then make sure the conditions are set accordingly.

Since the update to unRAID 6.1.9 and the separate Dynamix update (2016.03.05) all my servers think they are the local master browser and they are all displaying the Yoda head icon.

Can you re-apply the settings under Settings -> SMB -> Workgroup Settings and make Monitor local master election is enabled on all of your servers.

I disabled Monitor local master election and clicked Apply, then re-enabled it and clicked Apply and the result is the same. First I see "Please wait, obtaining" for a second then each server displays its own name and each has the icon.

If I turn off Enable local master the result is the same, the name and the icon.

If I turn off Monitor local master election the name remains the local host name but the icon is not displayed.

Before the Dynamix update it worked as expected: one server only displayed the icon and it's name was displayed by all servers.

Is it possible, in the S3 Sleep plugin, to have a before sleep command that would abort the sleep process?

You can execute commands before "sleep" is initiated, but once all conditions are met, you can not abort the sleep execution. If you don't want sleep to occur then make sure the conditions are set accordingly.

Thanks for the answer bonienl. I was hoping to use a script in the before sleep command to add an additional condition to evaluate before sleep. Specifically I am trying to figure out how to prevent my server from sleeping if a TV program is scheduled to record within a certain time frame. Since aborting the sleep execution isn't possible I will have to rethink my approach. It would be interesting to a have a way add additional sleep conditions by evaluating a user provided script. Anyway thanks for all the great plugins!

I disabled Monitor local master election and clicked Apply, then re-enabled it and clicked Apply and the result is the same. First I see "Please wait, obtaining" for a second then each server displays its own name and each has the icon.

If I turn off Enable local master the result is the same, the name and the icon.

If I turn off Monitor local master election the name remains the local host name but the icon is not displayed.

Before the Dynamix update it worked as expected: one server only displayed the icon and it's name was displayed by all servers.

Reboots all round fixed it, but re-installs and re-applying settings didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any possibility of System Temperature being able to display temperatures for dual CPU setups?  Or does it have to be setup manually (and have I just missed the instructions somehow :-) )

It would be nice if the System Stats also showed both CPU's - the details stats do, but the top section (which is the same as the original 'Info' popup doesn't)

Forgive my ignorance, but what is "nice" as it relates to CPU load? Thats a tough one to google....

This shows user processes (applications) with a different priority then default (value 0). Using the nice command it is possible to change the priority of  a user process to either lower or higher.

Here a link with some more information about process priorities and how to change them.

Schedules

is a front-end utility for the built-in hourly, daily, weekly and monthly schedules. It allows the user to alter the schedule execution times using the GUI.

where can I find this? I just need it to run a file (.sh) every hour even after a system restart. I know how the manual file version work from https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=44172

Just search for Schedules in the apps tab (assuming you have installed the Community Applications plugin - essential in my view).