[Plug-In] Community Applications


3306 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Community Applications (aka CA)     This thread is rather long, and it is NOT necessary to read it in order to utilize Community Applications (CA)  Just install the plugin, go to

My co-workers wondered why I was taking off my shirt.  They are still baffled why I have to show my belly button to a squid.  😁   

Just a note that currently the application feed is having some weird problems.  This has resulted in one entire existing repository being dropped, and a newly added one today not being added.  Templat

Posted Images

Just now, Barafu said:

Congrats! You are banned in Russia. tools.linuxserver.io refuses to open without proxy. 

Usually, it's only bar's I've gotten banned from.  I guess though that I could take it as a compliment.

Link to post

I have read your message in the plugin. Unfortunately, it is not possible to set up proxy on the router, because proxy is a per-application setting. VPN would work, but I just got rid of VPN server happily in favor of Shadowsocks. VPN resolved on router is usually slow and not fit for streaming, and applying it only to specific 

I am researching into a way to force unraid to use proxy. Unfortunately, usual and simple methods do not work, because HTTPS. 

Link to post

Image result for withdrawal funny

 

I've been going through withdrawal waiting for 6.6 to be released - When was the last time between CA releases ~6 weeks?

 

2018.09.01

  • Adjust CSS if unRaid is 6.6+
  • Many code optimizations
  • Remove ability to switch number of results displayed (Computers / Tablets will now display 25 results.  Cellphones will display 10 results)
  • Fixed: Under certain circumstances, a blank category could appear in the popup display
  • Autocomplete searches now include Categories in the list
  • Remove any CPU pinning from a template present in the application feed
  • unRaid 6.6+: Automatically blacklist applications if they violate the new security precautions present in docker on unRaid 6.6+
  • Remove Wide theme - Will ultimately be replaced with a color reversed theme
  • Under much pressure from @bonienl, finally switch to 6.6's "spinner"
  • Much, much more (You can always look at the commit history here: https://github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/commits/master)
Edited by Squid
Link to post

New to unraid and this only the second plugin installed.  Install went fine .

But there is no Apps Tap showing.

Reinstalled,  rebooted.. to no avail..

Typing the url http://192.168.2.172/Apps just gives a blank page!

Could anyone assist with what to look for to fix this?

2018-09-04_224242-Tower_Plugins.jpg.2e0f86e1ecc4b1c3ae1f87d698371476.jpg

 

Edited by lemoncurry
Link to post
19 minutes ago, lemoncurry said:

New to unraid and this only the second plugin installed.  Install went fine .

But there is no Apps Tap showing.

Reinstalled,  rebooted.. to no avail..

Typing the url http://192.168.2.172/Apps just gives a blank page!

Could anyone assist with what to look for to fix this?

2018-09-04_224242-Tower_Plugins.jpg.2e0f86e1ecc4b1c3ae1f87d698371476.jpg

 

What I would do:

 

On the flash drive, delete /config/plugins/community.applications and /config/plugins/community.applications.plg

Highly recommended to upgrade the OS to 6.5.3 (Tools - Update OS)

Reboot the server, and reinstall CA.  Grab a screenshot of the popup when its done (just in case)

See if the Apps tab is there once you hit done and reload the page  If its not, post the screenshot.

21 minutes ago, lemoncurry said:

second plugin installed

Should've been the first ;) 

Link to post

Hey All 

 

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me at all. For some reason for the past few days i have been trying to reinstall this after getting a new server in my office. Everytime i go to download it i get Network Failure. Now my server has an internet connection as i am on one of the VMS and it has internet and i can access the control GUI as well so if it was a network failure i would not be able to use any of them for a start, I can also access the dell management tab as well from the same network so if anyone has any ideas on why this is happening please let me know on a fix as i need this installed to do some of my projects! 

Screenshot_223.png

Link to post
2 hours ago, TheJammie said:

Hey All 

 

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me at all. For some reason for the past few days i have been trying to reinstall this after getting a new server in my office. Everytime i go to download it i get Network Failure. Now my server has an internet connection as i am on one of the VMS and it has internet and i can access the control GUI as well so if it was a network failure i would not be able to use any of them for a start, I can also access the dell management tab as well from the same network so if anyone has any ideas on why this is happening please let me know on a fix as i need this installed to do some of my projects! 

Screenshot_223.png

Check in Network Settings that your gateway is set to the IP address of your router.  Also wouldn't hurt to give the DNS servers a static IP of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Link to post

The latest release broke for me. I'm getting this even after wiping out via rm -rf /boot/config/plugins/community.applications/: Verifying package community.applications-2018.09.01a.txz.
Unable to install /boot/config/plugins/community.applications/community.applications-2018.09.01a.txz: tar archive is corrupt (tar returned error code 2)

1472374151_ScreenShot2018-09-05at10_19_46PM.png.200713eed2e33877efefdcf2938b1176.png

 

Link to post
7 hours ago, pinion said:

The latest release broke for me

Try it again.  The txz is 100% not corrupt on GitHub's end.  Nice little issue though on unRaid's OS where the install of the txz failed, but it carried on with the other install scripts in the downloaded .plg anyways.

 

You *may* have to reboot.  There is a chance because as far as unRaid is concerned the plugin install was successful even though it obviously isn't that the plugin system may be in a weird state of flux.

Link to post
On 9/6/2018 at 5:48 AM, Squid said:

Try it again.  The txz is 100% not corrupt on GitHub's end.  Nice little issue though on unRaid's OS where the install of the txz failed, but it carried on with the other install scripts in the downloaded .plg anyways.

 

You *may* have to reboot.  There is a chance because as far as unRaid is concerned the plugin install was successful even though it obviously isn't that the plugin system may be in a weird state of flux.

A reboot is what I ended needing to do. That kind of sucks but at least it's back to normal.

Link to post

@Squid

Mind checking if template authoring mode still works in RC2.  I can't get the elusive save button to appear.  However, full disclosure I did a complete nuke and pave of my flash at the weekend.  So it is entirely possible I've missed something other than the switch in CA settings.

Link to post
[mention=10290]Squid[/mention]
Mind checking if template authoring mode still works in RC2.  I can't get the elusive save button to appear.  However, full disclosure I did a complete nuke and pave of my flash at the weekend.  So it is entirely possible I've missed something other than the switch in CA settings.
Template author mode in CA simply keeps the legacy mode button active all the time so that you can see what your template looks like without waiting for the feed to update.

What you're looking for is the setting in settings - docker

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Link to post

Just now i checking the apps and its now saying this message (picture attached). 

It says its possible my internet is down or its community application server end. 

I know its not my end since I'm on the bus as I am typing this and accessing my server through the internet. 

 

Please can you help. 

Thanks

Screenshot_20180912-213643.jpg

Edited by Mdarkness1988
Link to post
6 minutes ago, sureguy said:

Still appears to be down for me, same error message as above.  Legacy mode appears to work. I'm running 6.6.0-rc3, not sure if that is the cause.

It's gone down recently.  Might be the linuxserver.io server, that's where the CA feed is hosted.

Link to post

A number of app templates load images insecurely:

<Icon>http://i.imgur.com/4RhSj6J.png</Icon>

which "breaks the lock" on the CA page when Unraid is loaded over https.

 

Is there any way to alert developers to fix their templates short of contacting them individually? And/or can CA auto-fix the ones that are loaded on well known domains such as imgur?

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.