[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

On 12/31/2023 at 10:52 AM, Fabix1984 said:

Bonjour,

Quelqu'un pourrait-il me dire si j'ai mal configuré mon conteneur, car je rencontre souvent l'erreur suivante : "Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB". Plex a son propre disque NVME, et les applications tierces sont installées sur un autre disque NVME.

Paramètres supplémentaires : --device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri --restart=unless-stopped.

Si vous avez des conseils ou d'autres suggestions, je suis preneur, car je ne suis pas encore très familier avec le système Unraid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Could someone tell me if I have misconfigured my container? I often encounter the error "Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB." Plex has its own NVME disk, and third-party apps are installed on another NVME disk.

Additional parameters: --device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri --restart=unless-stopped.

If you have any advice or other suggestions, I'm open to them, as I'm not yet very familiar with the Unraid system.

image.thumb.png.96652f4336c38f685d6f40adff0a27f7.pngimage.thumb.png.59c27c3a4ce61023597a4b5ec35cf717.png

help

image.png

For people who are Plex Pass users, what VERSION setting are you using among the 4 options (DOCKER, LATEST, PUBLIC, specific-version)? I found out I'm on the most recent BETA (1.40.0.7775-456fbaf97) using the LATEST container variable even though my plex -> general -> server update settings set to "public". A plex employee recently commented that my recent server woes may be driven by a BETA issue in 1.40.0.7775-456fbaf97 affecting music libraries (I have ~50k+ of songs).

If that is the case, (A) I want to roll back to the latest STABLE release and (B) two figure out if for future reference i stay on BETA or stable/public releases going forward. I do like to get the latest BETA features because Plex is genuinely my favorite thing ever, but i also don't want to run into a future scenario of Plex being able to take down my entire system. One thought i had around (B) was to stay on BETA (once they roll out the fix) but limit Plex's ability to utilize all my CPU/RAM resources presumably causing the crash by limiting CPU to 50% of my available cores and RAM usage to ~25% of my total system RAM. Curious others thoughts around this solution.

• docker: Let Docker handle the Plex Version, we keep our Dockerhub Endpoint up to date with the latest public builds. This is the same as leaving this setting out of your create command.
  • latest: will update plex to the latest version available that you are entitled to.
  • public: will update plexpass users to the latest public version, useful for plexpass users that don't want to be on the bleeding edge but still want the latest public updates.
  • <specific-version>: will select a specific version (eg 0.9.12.4.1192-9a47d21) of plex to install, note you cannot use this to access plexpass versions if you do not have plexpass.

5 minutes ago, Linguafoeda said:

For people who are Plex Pass users, what VERSION setting are you using

I use the docker setting and Plex has been stable for me for months (if not years).  I do not use 4K HDR tone mapping and that seems to cause a lot of problems in Plex

I run a Plex server like this the past 5 years... using the latest tags and have had no issues sharing my library between 3 plex users and a revers proxy for public ip to lan access.

image.thumb.png.013b925fa0abd9a6bb57feb4f729f0cb.png

image.png.bbb999ec698cbcc9e4db4fa2e6aac0c5.png

If you don't specify a tag its default to stable RC latest.

image.png.d998907fa296999cd1f3b7eef840489f.png

Edited by bmartino1
12 minutes ago, bmartino1 said:

I run a Plex server like this the past 5 years... using the latest tags and have had no issues sharing my library between 3 plex users and a revers proxy for public ip to lan access.

image.thumb.png.013b925fa0abd9a6bb57feb4f729f0cb.png

image.png.bbb999ec698cbcc9e4db4fa2e6aac0c5.png

If you don't specify a tag its default to stable RC latest.

image.png.d998907fa296999cd1f3b7eef840489f.png

Hmm interesting, i wonder why my lscr container with LATEST tag + plex/general/serverupdatesettings=PUBLIC is then using BETA 1.40.0.7775 instead of stable 1.32.8.7639.

@Hoopster, what server version are you running with your DOCKER tag enabled? The entire reason i'm asking this is because of some sort of instability being caused in 1.40.7775.

image.thumb.png.8e20ae45bb6d86cbe975e99cf8227308.png

Edited by Linguafoeda
11 minutes ago, Linguafoeda said:

How do i downgrade my server to 1.32, especially if it's currently using 1.40.7775 with LATEST / PUBLIC as my current settings?

You may encounter a database issue and/or have to reconfigure your plex media server....

You most lilky have something set to pull or use beta in your template config and or repositoy is set to a bet tag...

you will have to remove the docker and image. You will need to remove image specifically.

image.png.8cf92d85801232ca3ea2e49c90bb36d2.png

Once the image is gone, to help speed up the process run docker pull in terminal to pull the lattest stable image.

docker pull linuxserver/plex:version-1.32.8.7639-fb6452ebf

then under docker click add container. Select the plex template you used when you created plex. This will be all the settings and configs that was running previously...

click advance at the top and confirm your repository is

lscr.io/linuxserver/plex

registry url

https://github.com/orgs/linuxserver/packages/container/package/plex

confirm that beta is not set as an environment option.

other lscio docker tag options:

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/tags

Edited by bmartino1
8 minutes ago, Linguafoeda said:

How do i downgrade my server to 1.32

Append :1.32.8.7639 to the docker container repository field so it reads:

lscr.io/linuxserver/plex:1.32.8.7639

At least it used to work that way the last time I tried to load a specific version.

Edited by Hoopster
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, thagen8 said:

Currently getting a refuse to connect on port 32400 for the web UI. I have no issues with other Dockers on my array. Any reason why this port isn't open?

I want to mention, I do not see the ports listening using netstat -tulpn | grep LISTEN

On 1/14/2024 at 8:19 PM, Linguafoeda said:

hmm - which step should i do, hoopster or bmartino's method? And is there a way to backup in case something messes up in my server while attempting to downgrade?

Neither. Use the container field "Version" and change it from "latest" to "public" and it'll pull the last stable release automatically. Plex's release notes say you're safe to downgrade to 1.31.2 or later without messing up your database.

Just did this myself, but still giving it a couple days to see if the problem pops up again. Just moved hardware from an old Xeon system to a new 14700k system with 64GB, and the same stupid problem persisted across hardware. No matter how much RAM is in there, Plex has been filling it up, locking up Unraid entirely (no GUI and no SSH, but CPU churning, fans going crazy)... finally put a RAM limit on the container so it doesn't lock up the server, but it still kills the container. So we'll see if rolling back fixes anything...

Edited by owtlaw333

Doing an update on Unraid last night to my Plex Linux Docker caused it to crash again. Ended up updating Unraid to the newest version, backed up my old Plex data folder and installed the Linux one again. Besides rebuilding it form scratch again, what should I copy over to hopefully get it going smoothly again? I was thinking the Metadata folder, anything else?

I see some things dealing with this, but the dates and processes are all so different that I'm not sure what the direction I should go here is.

Basically, I'm currently running a Windows 10 "fileserver". It hosts plex, qbittorrent, FTP server, and a few other things that I need. I'm currently transferring all the data to unraid. I originally planned to clone this Win10 install over to a VM in Unraid. However, since starting the file copy process in unraid, I've kind of fallen in love with it. I can easily just spin up containers for most of the services I need, but the big roadblock is Plex. Is there a way that I can copy the entire plex database from Windows into a docker container, and make a few changes for it to see the new locations of the libraries (which are all structured the same, they just exist in \\[unraidshare]\video\[LibraryName] instead of d:\video\[LibraryName] ? It's about 80tb of data in all.

I ask this because I've got quite a few custom posters set up, corrections to different titles, and I've got several family members who live states away (a couple of them dealing with the onset of dementia) who I'd like to be able to keep serving this to without having to make any changes on their end or confusing them at all. Thanks in advance!

On 8/3/2023 at 12:57 PM, alturismo said:

can you ping ghcr.io from the unraid terminal ? looks like something is blocking you from accessing the source ?

and adguard, blockers, ... running on your system ...

Sorry I didnt see your response...the ping works fine 64 bytes from 140.82.112.34

46 minutes ago, Bushie_40 said:

Version 1.32.5.7349

You could try one of the other settings for version.

Valid settings for VERSION are:-

IMPORTANT NOTE:- YOU CANNOT UPDATE TO A PLEXPASS ONLY (BETA) VERSION IF YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN WITH A PLEXPASS ACCOUNT

docker: Let Docker handle the Plex Version, we keep our Dockerhub Endpoint up to date with the latest public builds. This is the same as leaving this setting out of your create command.

latest: will update plex to the latest version available that you are entitled to.

public: will update plexpass users to the latest public version, useful for plexpass users that don't want to be on the bleeding edge but still want the latest public updates.

<specific-version>: will select a specific version (eg 0.9.12.4.1192-9a47d21) of plex to install, note you cannot use this to access plexpass versions if you do not have plexpass.