[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Hello,  Like Arcaeus, I'm unable to get into the deluge WebUI.  I get "This site can’t be reached" in chrome when trying to navigate to port 8112 on my hosts IP.  My difference from Arcaeus is that the install is completely new, so has never worked.   i use Proton as the VPN provider and the VPN, from what i can tell via command line, it working as expected.  I just can not access the WebUI for Deluge.

Command Execution.txt supervisord.log

2 hours ago, titan83 said:

Hello,  Like Arcaeus, I'm unable to get into the deluge WebUI.  I get "This site can’t be reached" in chrome when trying to navigate to port 8112 on my hosts IP.  My difference from Arcaeus is that the install is completely new, so has never worked.   i use Proton as the VPN provider and the VPN, from what i can tell via command line, it working as expected.  I just can not access the WebUI for Deluge.

Command Execution.txt 1.39 kB · 0 downloads supervisord.log 80.81 kB · 1 download

from your logs:-

AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

Please see Q16 from the following link:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, binhex said:

from your logs:-

Please see Q16 from the following link:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Sorry new to this and not sure what happened. The VPN piece was originally connected and working.  In trying some basic troubleshooting i restarted the container multiple times, i guess proton didn't like that.   I reset the vpn credentials with proton and put the new credentials into the container config.  AUTH_Failed is gone but i still have the same issue trying to access the webui for deluge.   Here's the update log.

supervisord.log

Edited by titan83
13 hours ago, titan83 said:

Sorry new to this and not sure what happened. The VPN piece was originally connected and working.  In trying some basic troubleshooting i restarted the container multiple times, i guess proton didn't like that.   I reset the vpn credentials with proton and put the new credentials into the container config.  AUTH_Failed is gone but i still have the same issue trying to access the webui for deluge.   Here's the update log.

supervisord.log 30.27 kB · 1 download

Sorry, Disregard.  Newbie user error. I was able to get it working.  I was trying to use the free version of proton as proof of concept that i could get it all working.  that doesn't support the needed port forwarding and i needed to add a suffix to the user account.  once i got those figured out and in place it's working.

• Like 2
On 6/5/2024 at 9:36 AM, binhex said:

I will need to see a log to help further, please see the following link:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md#unraid-users

Here are the two log files you requested. I tried turning off the VPN when editing the container, and it worked, but when I turned it back on, I got the same error. The logs below are from when the VPN container variable was set to yes.

I just tried it again and it's working?? Not sure what changed.

DelugeVPN_command_execution.txt supervisord.log

Hi i have succesfuly setup deluge with my NordVPN but everytime my server does a restart i can no longer access the webUI when the VPN is active. If i turn off the VPN in the docker settings it all of a sudden works. If i completely reinstall from scratch still nothing. I have to keep trying and trying for hours for it to eventually work even though i change nothing.

Just today i had some torrents downloading and out of nowhere they all stopped. No connection at all. Restart container and bam no webUI access at all. Stuck in this infinite loop. Same happens with qBitTorrent aswell when using vpn. Could this be a NordVPN issue or something? I even paid for PIA VPN and tried that but still no luck and unsure what to even look for or try now. I am having to resort to downloading on my local pc and transferring files instead of using Radarr or Sonarr now.

10 minutes ago, edlamx said:

Hi i have succesfuly setup deluge with my NordVPN but everytime my server does a restart i can no longer access the webUI when the VPN is active. If i turn off the VPN in the docker settings it all of a sudden works. If i completely reinstall from scratch still nothing. I have to keep trying and trying for hours for it to eventually work even though i change nothing.

Just today i had some torrents downloading and out of nowhere they all stopped. No connection at all. Restart container and bam no webUI access at all. Stuck in this infinite loop. Same happens with qBitTorrent aswell when using vpn. Could this be a NordVPN issue or something? I even paid for PIA VPN and tried that but still no luck and unsure what to even look for or try now. I am having to resort to downloading on my local pc and transferring files instead of using Radarr or Sonarr now.

I will need to see a log to help further, please see the following link:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md#unraid-users

14 hours ago, Arcaeus said:

Here are the two log files you requested. I tried turning off the VPN when editing the container, and it worked, but when I turned it back on, I got the same error. The logs below are from when the VPN container variable was set to yes.

I just tried it again and it's working?? Not sure what changed.

DelugeVPN_command_execution.txt 2.5 kB · 0 downloads supervisord.log 43.74 kB · 0 downloads

nothing wrong in that log file, just checking though, what is the ip of the machine running the web browser that you are using to connect to the applications web ui?.

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

from your log:- 

Thanks for getting back so quickly! It all of a sudden started working again. I was having this same issue a few days ago (My nordVPN renewal was due today thats maybe why it wasnt working now) But my logs are identical to what they were a few days ago when my server needed to be shutdown to install a new HDD. So not sure why it wasnt working then though

Do you have any insight into how to use an "exclusive share" in delugevpn?

writing to the cache through the FUSE file system is really bad for me and peaks my CPU usage during "big" writes 10MB/s+

Setting the /mnt/user/downloads share to an exclusive share completely solves this issue.

However it creates a new issue where passing /mnt/user/ to the container no longer shows the download share (which is i think the expected behaviour for exclusive shares).

I then have to explicitly pass through /mnt/user/downloads to the container but now all the torrents do a copy+delete and creating issues and wasted operations.

I'm wondering if maybe its possible to pass through the downloads directory as /mnt/cache/downloads but treat moves to /mnt/user/* as still being on the cache and executing atomic moves?

I'm not sure if i'm making sense or if a missing something that would make this easier.

thx

Posted (edited)

Hello,

My delugevpn container was working fine until updated the container via the  image.png.cf68c210f10d0db7c15217666920fab6.png on the unraid docker tab.

Once i updated the container, i could not connect to the webui. I have tried going over the FAQ and reddit, but to no avail.

i turned off the VPN option, but the webui still did not load.

I tried the vpn-less deluge container,image.png.81cb39949220ad51224ef018777f5376.png, and i was able to connect to the webui without any issues.

Hoping for some assistance and thank you!

Please let me know if i can provide any more information.

deluge VPN command execution.txt delugevpn Supervisor log.txt

Edited by DingosDingos
added more context

hey everyone, so my issue is i think unique but im hoping not, im building a bot for my server and im trying to get the delugevpn container to let me give commands from the bot for the torrents, the bot has a successful authentication when making the api call, but when doing commands that require something to be changed, it says that the api call failed, getting details on the torrents does work but anything that makes deluge change something it fails. if you need any logs or anything that would help let me know since i didnt really know what logs i could put since the container doesnt have anything related to this issue in the logs.

2 minutes ago, WiffleballTony said:

Hey there! I need some advice. I'm having issues accessing the Webgui. The docker starts but I get a "connection refused" when trying to open the webgui. I don't see any weird errors, but would appreciate to get more eyes on it in case I've missed something.

Thanks in advance! 

docker run.txt 1.47 kB · 0 downloads supervisord.log 149.01 kB · 0 downloads

what's the IP address of the machine running the web browser that you are using to connect to the applications web ui?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 6:13 AM, nitha said:

On a hunch, I decided to delete all the Downloads/* folders (completed, incomplete etc etc) and stop/start deluge. Everything now working. Highly recommend doing this. Bit odd that there were no errors or anything coming through in the logs?

Thanks for this.  I was having the problem where downloads would start then rapidly drop transfer rate to zero.  My problem sounds a little different, but your comment pointed me toward the solution: in my case I had reorganized some directories, but within the DelugeVPN GUI had neglected to update the target folders there.  Once I fixed that everything was back to normal.

So thanks!

Kevin

On 6/8/2024 at 1:54 AM, MammothJerk said:

Do you have any insight into how to use an "exclusive share" in delugevpn?

writing to the cache through the FUSE file system is really bad for me and peaks my CPU usage during "big" writes 10MB/s+

Setting the /mnt/user/downloads share to an exclusive share completely solves this issue.

However it creates a new issue where passing /mnt/user/ to the container no longer shows the download share (which is i think the expected behaviour for exclusive shares).

I then have to explicitly pass through /mnt/user/downloads to the container but now all the torrents do a copy+delete and creating issues and wasted operations.

I'm wondering if maybe its possible to pass through the downloads directory as /mnt/cache/downloads but treat moves to /mnt/user/* as still being on the cache and executing atomic moves?

I'm not sure if i'm making sense or if a missing something that would make this easier.

thx

any ideas?

5 minutes ago, andrew444 said:

Just wondering as delugevpn currently takes many attempts and fails to resolve google.com. And it does connect without the vpn enabled so I guess its just failing to setup the vpn tunnel?

Command execution.txt 1.46 kB · 0 downloads supervisord.log 29.97 kB · 0 downloads

Hmm yes i see the DNS issues, perhaps your firewall is blocking DNS Watch, try setting NAME_SERVERS to simply a value of `1.1.1.1` see if that helps.

On 6/5/2024 at 8:24 AM, Arcaeus said:

Hey everyone. Just updated to the new version of DelugeVPN and now I can't open the webGUI. I use PIA as my VPN client. I personally haven't changed any of the settings, just clicked "Update Container" or whatever through the Docker tab. Now when I click on webUI, I just get a "Connection Refused" error.

I had the same error. Digging around the issue logged:

2024-06-05 09:19:38 OpenSSL: error:068000E9:asn1 encoding routines::utctime is too short:
2024-06-05 09:19:38 OpenSSL: error:0688010A:asn1 encoding routines::nested asn1 error:Field=revocationDate, Type=X509_REVOKED
2024-06-05 09:19:38 OpenSSL: error:0688010A:asn1 encoding routines::nested asn1 error:Field=revoked, Type=X509_CRL_INFO
2024-06-05 09:19:38 OpenSSL: error:0688010A:asn1 encoding routines::nested asn1 error:Field=crl, Type=X509_CRL

OpenSSL v3.3.x will reject invalid dates in the CRL file, and PIA supplies a CRL with invalid dates; I've attached a screenshot showing the CRL parse, and the likely source.

The obvious long term solution would be to request PIA update their CRL with the expected valid dates.

I removed the "crl-verify" directive/command from my ovpn configuration file, and resolved the error. Everything is up and running.

However, I'm unsure if this is a wise course of action, I'll let others such as @binhex weigh in!

pia_bad_utc.jpg